Author Topic: EoK - Chardok - T2 - Queen Velazul Di`zok  (Read 23093 times)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: EoK - Chardok - T2 - Queen Velazul Di`zok
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »
Got hit by Queen's dot two or three times last night. Did not get the doomlight. I think I got hit many more times when I got the doomlight. Maybe requires frequency. Also talendor has something I saw? Maybe the two combined causes the doomlight?

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 04:13:13 AM »
I noticed with the dot from warcasters, my direct heals seem to not work? I was direct healing some people in my group with both direct group heals and direct single target heals and their HP would not move. I think it may be related to warcasters or their dot.

Shaman may want to wait to rebuff Roar of the Lion after Flamesong fades since it is overwritten. Definitely keep Shear going and splash like we have been. I think those splashes may actually work while under the warcasters penalty I mentioned above.

Roar of the Lion
Slot 1:    Increase Current Hit Points by 8211 per tick

Flamesong of Ro
Slot 1:    Decrease Current Hit Points by 91567 per tick
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:17:12 AM by Raccoo »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 11:39:38 PM »
I noticed with the dot from warcasters, my direct heals seem to not work? I was direct healing some people in my group with both direct group heals and direct single target heals and their HP would not move. I think it may be related to warcasters or their dot.

Shaman may want to wait to rebuff Roar of the Lion after Flamesong fades since it is overwritten. Definitely keep Shear going and splash like we have been. I think those splashes may actually work while under the warcasters penalty I mentioned above.

Roar of the Lion
Slot 1:    Increase Current Hit Points by 8211 per tick

Flamesong of Ro
Slot 1:    Decrease Current Hit Points by 91567 per tick

Sorry about the delay in reply Raccoo, been busy.

Re: warcasters and healing

I don't see any indication in the spell info for the two spells these mobs case which would prevent healing from working.

Thanks for the Shaman tips!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 11:52:30 PM »
Trigger Updates - Thursday, May 11, 2017

Separated the "Reflective Scales" trigger folder from the main trigger package, and put it in a separate package for Rangers, Monks and Necros in the related trigger area of the strategy post.  If you're not a Ranger/Necro, you don't need that trigger.  I had originally put it in it's own folder so that players could toggle it off, but in retrospect, it's best to have it as it's own package.

Delete old, import new.  Or simply delete the Reflective Scales trigger if you're not a Ranger, Monk or Necro.

-F
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 01:08:48 AM by Furro »

Sharath

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »
Hello,

I have a suggestion for a deflect tank to stand on the rock with deflect up for each captain re-spawn and cluster.  This will allow the other tanks a bit more time to get their mob, and should save us some dps accidentally dying.  Also this will be of very usefulness when the cluster is warcasters, as that tank will be the only person to get the first smoke bombs.

Btw, this is Gilgiraffe.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:57:56 PM by Sharath »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
Last night I was called to run from doomlight twice. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear any messages from gina, so I checked the triggers. Pretty much all of the triggers are set to interrupt speech, so I'm wondering if that could cause the doomlight warning to not be heard, if one of the other triggers go off right afterward? I set the other triggers to not interrupt speech for next week.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 04:51:57 PM »
Last night I was called to run from doomlight twice. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear any messages from gina, so I checked the triggers. Pretty much all of the triggers are set to interrupt speech, so I'm wondering if that could cause the doomlight warning to not be heard, if one of the other triggers go off right afterward? I set the other triggers to not interrupt speech for next week.

Yeah, that's probably what happened.  That's a good idea changing the others for that event to not interrupt speech, since the most important trigger is doomlight.  I'll try and make a mental note to adjust the package.

Thanks Raccoo.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 03:18:43 AM »

Yeah, that's probably what happened.  That's a good idea changing the others for that event to not interrupt speech, since the most important trigger is doomlight.  I'll try and make a mental note to adjust the package.

Thanks Raccoo.

Trigger Updates - Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Set several triggers to not interrupt speech in the main trigger package.  As Raccoo mentioned above, having several with the interrupt setting may end up overriding the doomlight trigger.

Delete old set, before importing new.

Wins & Losses on Queen Lately

Although we've defeated this event for the first time way back in early March, we've been hit or miss on it lately.  We believe it's a combination of summer time numbers resulting in lower turnout, and our makeup.  Those are not excuses, though!  Sometimes we have the setup, and just not quite the umph to get there.  Alas, we make the best of the situation, and it's certainly a challenge!

A few weeks back, we moved Queen into our mosh pit, and that's helped our overall kill time, as more AE's can land on Queen, adds, and there's less moving.  We'll continue with this going forward.

As we've always done (or tried to!), is engage Warcasters on the new Capt pop, then wait for the Smoke cast, before the deflect tank brings the set in to kill.  Tanks are getting pretty good at this, the odd hiccup, but I don't think it's their fault.  We believe there are times when one or more players are too far out from the main raid (or maybe returning from doomlight emote), and Warcasters spawn and then auto aggro on them, and then make it to the raid early before the deflect tank can snag them.  Our strategy for Warcasters doesn't need to change.

Overall, we just need more ummph! (D P S).  Yeah, I go on about performance a lot guys, but I have to stress it, it's super important!  You all know this, it's all about the D P S, and especially ADPS co-ordination.  The faster we kill things, the easier it is.  It results in less tank exposure and less risk of deaths.  As always try and look for ways to eek out every bit of performance you can muster.  It really helps to be self critical of your own performance (or humility, accepting tips from others, they're trying to help by offering advice!  Take it, imo).   But also to seek out others of your class who are out parsing ya, and have a look at their casts/disc usage.  Or even better, drop them a line, tap them for some info.  There's also posts in our Class forum area, anyone is welcome to reply to ask questions or contribute their tips.  Please don't be shy about asking questions, no one is going to ridicule you or think less of you.  We're all on the same team.  For those offering dps/adps tips, keep at it, be persistent, and if you're facing resistance, then rephrase, and try approaching the person from another angle, or with a softer touch. :)  Some players are a bit sensitive about playing their character.  So it can take a little convincing for them to change things up a bit, breaking their mold or way of thinking.

Test Patch: 08-08-2017

One more note.  From the recent test patch, it appears developers are addressing the issue of the same Captains re-spawning.  That's certainly one of our biggest issues, getting the same Captain, and getting Warcasters far too often it seems.  We've been able to muscle through this at times, but we're in pretty rough shape coming out of it.  The impact of the player deaths as a result, really crimps performance going forward.

There's two other changes, but I bet they wouldn't be needed if the first change (same captain), is implemented.  I don't feel we generally had an issue killing these adds in a timely fashion, it was more about getting the same Captains, and it being our friends the Warcasters :P

Patch Notes Snippet:

- Queen Velazul Di`zok (Raid) - The Queen will no longer summon the same captain that she has just killed.
- Queen Velazul Di`zok (Raid) - Modified the Queen event so that the warcasters no longer cast Enveloping Smoke all at the same time. They are also a LOT more vulnerable to area of effect spells.

Hope to see everyone at raids this week!
-Furro

krinni

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 11:17:33 PM »
- Queen Velazul Di`zok (Raid) - Modified the Queen event so that the warcasters no longer cast Enveloping Smoke all at the same time. They are also a LOT more vulnerable to area of effect spells.

this scares me, does it mean they can now chain cast it till they all die? 1st one, then 2nd, 3ed, 4th ect

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 11:27:19 PM »

this scares me, does it mean they can now chain cast it till they all die? 1st one, then 2nd, 3ed, 4th ect

I believe it means when a set spawns, one will cast Smoke at x interval, another will cast it at y interval, and so on.  We can still employ a deflect tank on the initial set, then bring them in after the Smoke cast to dispatch.  But, if the Smoke cast is delayed on the spawn... It may not be worth it to wait for the initial smoke cast (depending how long we'd have to wait), and instead just bring them in immediately (with them being more vulnerble to AE effects, they will die quicker).  We won't know until the patch goes live, and we see how it plays out.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2017, 04:00:26 AM »
Hi everyone!

Based on player feedback, and given our recent struggles on this event, we're adjusting our current positioning to better address some long standing issues.  A couple months ago, we tried operating on the opposite side where we currently position.  At the time, one of the reasons was to address emoted players running to the tunnel being OOR of heals, and vice versa.  Another issue was, it was taking too long for Sycophants to get to the raid, and valuable time was being wasted.  After a few attempts though, we ended up reverting back to our current spot.  In retrospect, we should have explored other nearby areas along that side.

We've had a healthy number of wins on this event.  I think we're having troubles now, in part, because our raid makeup has changed a fair bit.  Our current positioning has worked in the past because it was dependent on a heavy compliment of DPS.  When we had enough DPS to take down Queen quickly, it effectively masked the aforementioned issues as a result of our positioning.  However, recently, we've been tackling Queen with numbers in the mid to high 40's, and although one may look at our compliment on Saturday, with 49 (50, but one was on bench due to lack of triggers), and think, "How are you not getting this down with that setup?!".  Well, the fact is, it's not just about raw player count.  Everyone performs at different levels, some are less seasoned then others, and as much as we work on our performance, for a challenging event such as this is, it's not a given with just x number of players.

Positioning though, is always of paramount importance.  When we originally moved to where we currently position, the main benefit was that we had an effective buffer of distance from the adds spawning.  This helped tanks, because it allowed us to setup a Deflect rotation to engage each Captain spawn + set of adds.  When the adds were Warcasters, the Deflect tank would wait a few seconds until Smoke was cast, and then bring the adds to the main raid.  The problem with this, is that it's great in theory, not so great in practice.  I love our tanks, they're trying, :)  But our track record performing this maneuver isn't great.  Some tanks nail it, while others struggle.  So the entire benefit of having distance between the spawns has turned into a real detriment.  We end up getting hit with Smoke frequently as a result.

So, we're at this junction now, where we must adapt our strategy to address the issues we should have focused on before, and take into consideration our current setup, in order to prevent jamming up on this farm event any further.

Raid Positioning Adjusts

Adjusting our positioning to the NORTH side should solve the following issues:
  • Players emoted running to tunnel should no longer be OOR of their healer and vice versa.  Will increase player survival and effectiveness.
  • Shorter distance to Sycophants spawn (they're from tunnel), resulting in quicker engage/kill times.  Will result in shorter invulnerability periods on Queen.
  • Shorter distance of Captain/Adds, resulting in faster engage/kill times, allowing more time to DPS Queen.

- Tanks and melee DPS at main raid where adds are, mosh pit as normal.
- Casters and Healers between Queen and Captain tanks.

Hope to see everyone at our raids this week!
-Furro

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »
Trigger Package Changes & Strategy Post Updates

Changed Doomlight trigger to indicate RUN INTO TUNNEL.  Most of you know this and already run into the tunnel.  But some regulars and new players may follow our old emote explicitly and not realize that they are FAILING the emote.  Just to be clear, YOU WILL FAIL THE EMOTE UNLESS YOU RUN INTO THE TUNNEL. 

Removed the Flamesong of Ro AE warning emote.  It's pointless noise since we've been ignoring the AE for a long time now.

Warcasters Adds

I try to remind in FLDPS channel, but I noticed I don't have any note in the main strategy post about PBAE Damage and warcasters.

CASTERS: Use PBAE DAMAGE Spells on WARCASTERS to cause them to die almost immediately.   Warcasters take massive damage from PBAE Damage type spells.

Captain Tanks

We had a mishap last week on these.  After investigating, it became clear that one of the assigned Captain tanks did not understand that when a Captain despawned, if the one he was tanking despawned, he was supposed to pick up the NEW CAPTAIN that spawned.  The issue seemed to stem from how I have my assignment hotkey set up; which indicates four captain names, divided into pairs.  But since we never know initially which set the event starts with, each Captain tank assigned works it out between each other as to who's on which captain.  In the mishap last week, the one assigned Captain tank noted two captain names he was assigned, and took that literally as the only two he was responsible for.

Corrective action.  I've adjusted the strategy post to try and make it more clear for assigned Captain tanks.  I'll adjust my in-game hotkey as well, to help prevent this from happening going forward.

Queen our Nemesis

I know some of you are probably frustrated with this event.  We've had wins on it, but many losses.  It's one of those events that's not very forgiving of mistakes.  We had a wipe last week at around 8%.  This isn't unusual either, and something we're striving to prevent.

Let's keep our heads up.  We've improved a lot as a raid team tackling this event in particular.  This is one of those events that has to be down in order to hit Atrebe's Vault (which we have won, but to get there, we need Queen and Prince down).

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 11:13:18 PM »
Removed the Flamesong of Ro AE warning emote.  It's pointless noise since we've been ignoring the AE for a long time now.
I used it to tell myself when to make sure to do splashes, and also it blocks Roar of the Lion, so I could check when I could cast that on the group.