Author Topic: EoK - Chardok - T2 - Atrebe's Vault  (Read 13152 times)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: EoK - Chardok - T2 - Atrebe's Vault
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 11:48:16 PM »
I made a quick image of where I saw adds during phase one when I was checking the room after the raid last night. I think I noticed the South East corner seemed to be the least frequented corner for the deadly aura.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 08:37:11 PM »
I made a quick image of where I saw adds during phase one when I was checking the room after the raid last night. I think I noticed the South East corner seemed to be the least frequented corner for the deadly aura.

Thanks Raccoo!

We spoke in game, prior to and after your efforts in this area.  Just replying here to recap for everyone and so people don't get the impression we're not appreciative of your efforts. :)

A few months back, early into our attempts on Atrebes, Dimbly and I explored the pathing as well.  I spent some time in there, and as Dimbly mentioned, he spent at least an hour and a half watching the pathing, and couldn't discern any real pattern.

According to Dimbly, our raid positioning to date on this event has gone something like, we started with NE, we tried SE, and he's not sure we've ever tried NW.  Currently we've been using SW for a while, but it's just as susceptible to boss pathing, obviously.

As we've discussed though, we're open to trying SE corner again.  We'll give it a shot next run.  If there's less chance of the boss pathing there, that's great, imo. :)

I think we're really close to beating this event actually.  It's mainly execution at this point.  We tend to lose a lot of tanks early in, on the first stage, and that hurts us in the later stages. 

We can't stress it enough, we need everyone BURNING HARD from engage; to get those initial adds down.  Most discs will be available again for Dervishes, so we're not concerned there.  We're primarily concerned with losing tanks early, and that's addressed by lowering their exposure time to adds by increasing our kill rate.

We had a really solid setup last week on this event!  Here's hoping we get that again this week.

See everyone in game!
-F

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:49 PM »
Update - Saturday, November 18, 2017

Updated the main strategy post to better reflect how we're currently doing this event.  Please review the post to have a general overall understanding of each stage, our positioning, as well as specifics related to your class/roles.

We know it's a detailed event, which can be a bit overwhelming to take in for newcomers.  I've tried to boil it down to the important aspects for each stage.  The goal is to provide enough information to compliment actual in-game experience of the event.  From there, with practice, execution of the strategy becomes second nature.

See everyone in game!
-F

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 03:33:03 AM »
December 17th, 2017 Patch

- Atrebe's Vault (Raid) - The fire and stone dervishes will now wait for 10 seconds before activating their auras. Their auras will pulse half as often. The stone dervish's aura will now work correctly.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 03:53:59 AM »
December 17th, 2017 Patch

- Atrebe's Vault (Raid) - The fire and stone dervishes will now wait for 10 seconds before activating their auras. Their auras will pulse half as often. The stone dervish's aura will now work correctly.

Aye, thanks Padraigg.  I remembered reading that patch way back, but we haven't been able to revisit Atrebe's in a while! :)

We had a good run tonight, especially considering how long it's been coming back to it.

If we have the setup we had tonight, for Saturday, we'll have a really good shot at getting it down.

-F

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 11:24:18 PM »
We had a good run on this event last week.  It's actually been a while since we had the setup enabling us to make a push at it, so it was nice to see happen. :)

Our main hurdle is not only executing well leading up to the Dervishes stage, but exceptionally well for the actual Dervishes spawn and positioning.

Reminder - Dervishes spawn when the LAST Golem is killed OR we exceed the timer for the golem stage.

Here's what we need everyone doing for Dervishes stage

We kill the LAST Golem in the South-EAST (SE) corner of the room.

ONLY when the LAST Golem dies, EVERYONE to move to the SE CORNER.  Certain players are exempt for this though (as indicated below).

BEFORE the last golem dies: Clerics, cast your IoS's as assigned and MGB Celestial Regeneration.  Druid SoTW as assigned by Dimbly.

Dervish TANKS.  Be ready and in position as assigned (SW, NW, NE).  The moment the Golem dies, get ready to DISC FORT/DEFLECT, immediately target your assigned dervish and get it positioned!

HEALERS - BE IN RANGE OF YOUR DERVISH TANK - But avoid Dervish Auras!

ONLY when Dervishes are positioned is MA to call ASSIST and start killing.

That's it.  We should be able to take out all three Dervishes in short order (under 90s).

Notes:

We don't want the raid spread out all over the room when Dervishes spawn.  That's why we need everyone in SE corner when the last Golem dies.

We need HEALERS to be in range of their Dervish tanks, but NOT inside dervish aura (easy to avoid this, if Derivshes are positioned as assigned SW, NE, NE).

We MUST NOT ENGAGE UNTIL Dervishes are properly positioned, otherwise we'll get overlapping DoT effects and basically wipe.

Melee DPS, we want you to RANGE DPS the CORE OF FLAME, so that you avoid the inhibit combat debuff.

Remember that each DoT plays of each other basically, amplifying the damage taken.

Core of Flame  Burning Ash:DoT 77k + Inhibit Combat + Increase damage from Shock of Lightning and Grinding Stones (30s)
RANGE DPS THIS ONLY

Core of Stone  Grinding Stones:DoT 75k + Endurance drain 999, Increase Hit DMG Taken by 30% + Increase damage from Shock of Lightning and Burning Ash (30s)

Core of Lightning  Shock of Lightning:DoT 105k + Snare + Decrease melee haste + Increase Spell DMG Taken by Burning Ash and Grinding Stones (18s)

Golems Stage - Tank Positioning

Note: If these /targets IDs for Golems are incorrect, please let me know.  Tanks worked out the /target IDs, and I confirmed with Evilash, but just in case something is amiss, let me know, thanks.

See everyone in-game!
-F
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 12:11:54 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:39:24 PM »
Update - Saturday, February 10, 2018

Friday night we made it beyond Dervishes by an outstanding effort by everyone.  Tanks executed positioning of Dervishes flawlessly!  Nice work!

Overall, you could feel everyone was focused and it showed in our performance. :)

Below are Dervishes adjusts (I'll merge with main strategy post eventually), and Ancient Guardian of the Vault (boss), as well as other adds and mechanics we saw in play.

We wiped at 29% HP on Ancient Guardian of the Vault though, when we got run over by a lot of adds. :P  It was interesting to see what would happen after Dervishes, and briefly into the final boss fight, I was like, well there's not much happening here... So the onslaught of adds spiced it up a bit!  Fun stuff.

Dervishes Stage

Each time Dervishes reset, 20s is added to the timer.

We are delaying on Dervishes until the first RESET -- To give us a little bit more time (this may change as we improve on this stage).

MELEE DPS on Core of LIGHTNING first -- Assisting MA1.

CASTERS on Core of FLAME first -- Assisting MA2.

Then everyone converges on STONE.

Ancient Guardian of the Vault

Following Dervishes, boss activates: The Ancient Guardian of the Vault regains his vision and attacks!

AE Rampages.  Single target rampages.

Single tomb guardian adds spawn periodically (a tomb guardian).

At some point, possibly round 50% or so (?), three colored orbs appeared on the ground in the middle of the main event area.  In addition, the side rooms spawned similarly colored circle/ring's on the ground (look like targeting rings).  Similar to group mission, use orbs to prevent totem from spawning.

Around 30%, a lot of undead adds spawned.  Possibly one for each player with mana not within a threshold of possibly 30-70% (emoted).

a ghostly guardian - These adds cast Soul Drain 99k single-target Lifetap.
a skeletal guardian - These adds cast Mana Link 2k Mana Lifetap.

Rambling Bones    Caster PBAE 119k DoT, Debuff.  Interrupts casting, Decrease chance to Double Attack
Disease Cures it (45 counters).
Pattern: Your bones start to move, as if trying to leave your body.
Note: First cast 106s, then 85s, 85s, ... no other data.

Excess Mana & Penalty Adds Mechanic

10s Warning Emote: The ancient undead probes your magical essences.

Penalty Emote: The ancient undead uses your excess mana to summon a ghost.

If your mana isn't within a threshold, you'll spawn a ghost add.

Ref:
[Fri Feb 09 23:36:38 2018] The ancient undead probes your magical essences.
[Fri Feb 09 23:36:48 2018] The ancient undead uses your excess mana to summon a ghost.
[Fri Feb 09 23:37:43 2018] The ancient undead probes your magical essences.
[Fri Feb 09 23:37:53 2018] The ancient undead uses your excess mana to summon a ghost.

Totems Spawning & Ground Spawn Orbs

Totem spawning: Ancient Guardian of the Vault says, 'The ancient undead summons forth a mystical totem.'

Clickies on the ground in main event area.

The clicky says it will "unlock" the orb.

Clicky    ColorRing Room Location  --
Orb of MeeknessBlueNorth-West  --
Orb of ReverenceGreenSouth-West  --
Orb of SubmissionRed/OrangeNorth  --

Orb Clickies:

Orb clickies ground spawns:

Text & Audio Triggers - Additions

Main trigger package updated with the following additions:

- Boss active - Ancient Guardian of the Vault
- Excess Mana - Warning - Penalty add if too much mana
- Excess Mana - Penalty add spawned
- Mystical Totem spawned - Part of orb mechanic

Feedback/Comments, appreciated and welcome, as always.

See everyone in game!
-Furro

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2018, 03:58:20 AM »
Saturday, February 10, 2018

Atrebe's Vault defeated!  Outstanding performance by everyone!  Thanks for your perseverance on this challenging event!  Solid team work, good tanking, healing and DPS all came together to make it happen.

We hope to see everyone at our next raid!
-F

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 06:39:57 AM »
Congrats, FL.  Sorry I missed it.  Hopefully, there will be another run soon.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 02:18:58 AM »
Congrats, FL.  Sorry I missed it.  Hopefully, there will be another run soon.

That's what you get for missing a raid! :D

But yeah, hopefully you make the next one, Borean. :)

See ya in game.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2018, 02:21:07 AM »
Strategy Post Updated

Updated the strategy post to reflect how we're doing this event.

Hope to see everyone at our next raid!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
Excess Mana & Penalty Adds Mechanic

A couple weeks back, we returned to go for our 2nd win on this event.  We executed a solid performance, except for the FINAL STAGE.  Ironically, it was only a handful of players that wiped us, and it was solely due to their mana not being within the required 30% to 70% threshold.

We cannot stress this enough, it's critical to pay attention to your mana both leading up to and during the final stage of the event.  Some classes can drain their mana faster then others.  Some classes have a hard time draining their mana.  As a Cleric, I work on my mana in the earlier stages, and it helps to slot in and use a spell like Undying Life, which has a big mana cost.  Keep your spell lineup in mind, as using 1-2 big mana spells may be all you need to make it easier to meet this mana threshold.

What else can you do as a player?  You can do this:

We need EVERYONE keeping an eye on their GROUP MEMBERS MANA.  It's easy to forget and end up outside the required thresholds!  This is the single biggest factor that wipes us at this stage.

A friendly reminder in group or dropping a person a tell when you notice their mana is too high or low, can make the difference between us winning and losing this event.

Why?!  Why do this hard event after we've won it!?!

Get your /tissues out.  This is an event we struggled to overcome for a long time.  A few weeks back, we got our first win on it.  It was hard fought, well executed, and a tribute to everyone's dedication to our raiding efforts when faced with challenging content.  But not everyone was fortunate enough to make it online for that single win, and we should be mindful of that.  We pushed a few weeks leading up to that first win, and I have no doubt some players were absent on our first win, but present contributing on the attempts leading up to it.  Let's not forget that, and let's give players the opportunity to experience a win against a challenging event like Atrebe's Vault. :)

We're working two expansions (EoK and RoS) simultaneously at the moment.  This means at times we'll be making a push on EoK content, while other times we'll be pushing hard on our RoS progression.  This is the nature of working multiple expansions at a time, and it's not without precedence.  Those of you who've been with FL for a number of years will remember other times we've worked on multiple expansions at a time.

As we've overcome content in the past, we'll continue to do so with our progression efforts ahead of us.  We'll persevere and overcome the content by way of dedicated team oriented players, willing to show up regardless of the target, and put forth extraordinary effort to both perform well and help others improve.  This is what open raiding is about.  Working together to overcome challenging content, and sharing in an experience.  It's good for the community.

Hope to see you in game!