Author Topic: EoK - Chardok - T2 - Atrebe's Vault  (Read 13149 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
EoK - Chardok - T2 - Atrebe's Vault
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:56:23 AM »
Chardok - T2 - Atrebe's Vault

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Scorched Woods
NPC Name: Praetor Garont
NPC Location: Find path (CTRL-F)

Keyword to Enter:ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags: Achievement: Di`Zok Royal Seal (12/12) (we can pig/push in some players without /ach)

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: N/A.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

Event is triggered upon entering the event room.

Boss roams around room with an Aura active which has a huge DD and Mana Drain if hit by it.

Various adds and mini-bosses spawn at different stages we have to deal with in different ways.

Entire event is timed, including each stage.

Stages below are listed in order of appearance.

* Friendly reminder: Freelance Raid Suggestion Policy regarding New Content - Don't kill the messenger -- pie management.

Hammers, Axes, Siphons

Waves of adds spawn.  Sets of: 1 Essence Hammer, 2 Executioner's Axes, and 1 Magical Siphon.

Our kill order is: Siphons, Axes, Hammers.

Everyone position IN THE SOUTH EAST (SE) CORNER.  SE corner is the immediate corner to your left as you enter the event area.  Do not stand near the tables.

DPS - MINI BURN FROM ENGAGE - We must keep pace killing the adds, or we become overwhelmed and lose tanks.

Tanks:

Hammers - Tank them in corner, face them towards the corner.  We don't want their Frontal AE (Bonk) hitting tanks who have the debuff: Mana Destruction (from Siphons).

Siphons, Axes (executioners), tank at raid.

Books

6 living tome (books) spawn, along with lorenado (like a miniboss).  A viral silence comes into play.

Casters and Healers position at the nearby TABLE to avoid silence.

Paladins - Position at table to avoid silence, splash main raid, and patch heal Book tanks.

MA work books, leaving lorenado miniboss until last.

Tanks:

Lorenado Tank, position that miniboss over by the doorway right nearby our corner (it's right next to a golem).

Golem tanks, prep before Lorenado dies.  We need you to move into position at your assigned Golem.

Golems

Four Imperial Constructs (golems), activate.  Golems cast Golem's Grasp, if you're too close you get pulled in.  15s later, they cast Footstomp, AE DD (185k, down to 120k after spell shielding).

Get in Position/tar hotkey
North East(NE)an_imperial_construct00
North West(NW)an_imperial_construct01
South East(SE)an_imperial_construct02
North East(SW)an_imperial_construct03

Note: If these /targets IDs for Golems are incorrect, please let me know.  Tanks worked out the /target IDs, and I confirmed with Evilash, but just in case something is amiss, let me know, thanks.

Casters and Healers, position outside Golem AEs.  Move as applicable to avoid roaming boss with aura.

MA work around room starting at SW, then NW, NE and do SE last.

Tanks:

You are assigned in pairs (two tanks per Golem), as setup allows.  You have dedicated healers, usually 2-3, as setup allows.

Be already in position at your assigned Golem before this stage activates.

You cannot pre-target Golems.

Golems like to pull ya towards them (as indicated above), which makes moving them to their corners challenging.  Do your best to snag them immediately upon activation and get it into your assigned corner.

Tank pairs, work together, communicate.  Perhaps the backup tank can initiate the aggro, and the point tank in corner snap aggro and bring it to you.  Whatever works best for you.  Work with each other.  Discuss this during prep with each other.

Casters and Healers, position in middle of room.  Move as applicable to avoid roaming boss with aura.

Dervishes

Three dervishes (cores) are in play.

We kill the LAST Golem in the South-EAST (SE) corner of the room.

ONLY when the LAST Golem dies, EVERYONE to move to the SE CORNER.  Certain players are exempt for this though (as indicated below).

BEFORE the last golem dies: Clerics, cast your IoS's as assigned and MGB Celestial Regeneration.  Druid SoTW as assigned by Dimbly.

Dervish TANKS.  Be ready and in position as assigned (SW, NW, NE).  The moment the Golem dies, get ready to DISC FORT/DEFLECT, immediately target your assigned dervish and get it positioned!

HEALERS - BE IN RANGE OF YOUR DERVISH TANK - But avoid Dervish Auras!

ONLY when Dervishes are positioned is MA to call ASSIST and start killing.

Each time Dervishes reset, 20s is added to the timer.

We are delaying on Dervishes until the first RESET -- To give us a little bit more time (this may change as we improve on this stage).

MELEE DPS on Core of LIGHTNING first -- Assisting MA1.

CASTERS on Core of FLAME first -- Assisting MA2.

Then everyone converges on STONE.

Dervish Auras:

An aura is visible around each Core dervish.  In contact with the aura and you get a DoT.  If you happen to have a lingering DoT from one of the other cores, you'll take more damage.

Core of Flame  Burning Ash:DoT 77k + Inhibit Combat + Increase damage from Shock of Lightning and Grinding Stones (30s)
RANGE DPS THIS ONLY
Pattern: Burning ash gets into your eyes.

Core of Stone  Grinding Stones:DoT 75k + Endurance drain 999, Increase Hit DMG Taken by 30% + Increase damage from Shock of Lightning and Burning Ash (30s)
Pattern: Rocks grind away at you.

Core of Lightning  Shock of Lightning:DoT 105k + Snare + Decrease melee haste + Increase Spell DMG Taken by Burning Ash and Grinding Stones (18s)
Pattern: You are shocked!

[Fri Mar 24 23:06:01 2017] A trio of elemental dervishes descends upon you!
[Fri Mar 24 23:06:01 2017] Because they were not all slain, the trio of elemental dervishes are restored!

Emote fires 1 min 30s.  On each reset, 20s is added to the timer.

Ancient Guardian of the Vault

Following Dervishes, boss activates: The Ancient Guardian of the Vault regains his vision and attacks!

Rambling Bones    Caster PBAE 119k DoT, Debuff.  Interrupts casting, Decrease chance to Double Attack
Disease Cures it (45 counters).
Pattern: Your bones start to move, as if trying to leave your body.
Note: First cast 106s, then 85s, 85s, ... no other data.

Boss AE Rampages.  Single target rampages.

Excess Mana mechanic - Starts around 30% onward.  Penalty add for each player whose mana is not between 30% and 70%.

Tank in SE corner of room.

Everyone assist MA unless assigned otherwise.  We do assign static sustained DPS groups on boss, if you're not in one of them, then you assist MA always please.

Adds:

a tomb guardian   Periodically spawns, and/or part of totem mechanic perhaps.

a ghostly guardian   Soul Drain 99k single-target Lifetap
   Effect message: The ghost drains a bit of your life away.
   Excess mana penalty add

a ghostly guardian   Mana Link 2k Mana Lifetap.
   Effect message: The skeleton leeches some of your energy.
   Excess mana penalty add

Excess Mana & Penalty Adds Mechanic

10s Warning Emote: The ancient undead probes your magical essences.

Penalty Emote: The ancient undead uses your excess mana to summon a ghost.

If your mana isn't within 30% to 70%, you'll spawn a ghost add.

We need EVERYONE keeping an eye on their GROUP MEMBERS MANA.  It's easy to forget and end up outside the required thresholds!  This is the single biggest factor that wipes us at this stage.

Important Note: When you die and are in HOVER MODE (RIP), you still count by the excess mana check and you will fail the mechanic causing an add to spawn each time.  From 30% onward, if you die, click ZONE TO BIND and don't take a rez unless you are not a mana class (ie, Berserkers, Rogues, Warriors are OK to take rezzes).   Thanks. :)

Ref:
[Fri Feb 09 23:36:38 2018] The ancient undead probes your magical essences.
[Fri Feb 09 23:36:48 2018] The ancient undead uses your excess mana to summon a ghost.
[Fri Feb 09 23:37:43 2018] The ancient undead probes your magical essences.
[Fri Feb 09 23:37:53 2018] The ancient undead uses your excess mana to summon a ghost.

Totems Spawning & Ground Spawn Orbs

Totem spawning: Ancient Guardian of the Vault says, 'The ancient undead summons forth a mystical totem.'

Clickies on the ground in main event area.

The clicky says it will "unlock" the orb.

Clicky    ColorRing Room Location  --
Orb of MeeknessBlueNorth-West  --
Orb of ReverenceGreenSouth-West  --
Orb of SubmissionRed/OrangeNorth  --

Orb Clickies:

Orb clickies ground spawns:

Achievements

No More Cores - Win without allowing any of the dervishes to respawn.
Jump through All the Rings - Win after activating the rings quickly and correctly, never letting the totem grow stronger.
Totem Goes Wild - Win without removing the totem, let it go wild.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

Everyone GINA File: eok-chardok-atrebes-vault-02-10-2018-728pm.gtp (updated 02-10-2018 (7:28pm))

Everyone - Trigger set includes:
- Event Reset
- Book Adds Spawned - Living tomes & Lorenado
- Golems Active

02-10-2018:
- Boss active - Ancient Guardian of the Vault
- Excess Mana - Warning - Penalty add if too much mana
- Excess Mana - Penalty add spawned
- Mystical Totem spawned - Part of orb mechanic

- Dervishes Spawned & Respawn Timer Unless ALL Dead <- You can /consider ANY raid mob in the event and it will STOP the repeating timer.

GINA Issues?  Help Below:

If you're new to GINA and/or having issues with importing/enabling our trigger files, please read Ssark's GINA Manual.  If you're still having issues after following Ssark's guide, reply to the Audio and Text Triggers Alternative - GINA thread located in the Raiders Essentials section of our forums, and we'll work to resolve the issue(s).

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:56:15 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: EoK - Chardok - T2 - Atrebe's Vault
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 12:02:56 AM »
Triggers Added - March 11, 2017

Some preliminary triggers based on our first attempts last night:

- Event Reset
- Book Adds Spawned - Living tomes & Lorenado
- Dervishes Spawned
- Golems Active

Thanks Owmy for triggering event post raid, so I could watch the boss pathing and some of the script unfold.  Some of the emotes were derived from it.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 11:30:52 PM »
Update - Thursday, March 23, 2017

Reached Golems stage last week.

Updated strategy post.

Edit: Removed the Siphon memblur trig for tanks.  It was just firing too much, which I thought it might.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:47:36 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »
Update - Saturday, March 25, 2017

Beyond golems last night, we encountered various dervishes.

[Fri Mar 24 23:06:01 2017] A trio of elemental dervishes descends upon you!
[Fri Mar 24 23:06:01 2017] Because they were not all slain, the trio of elemental dervishes are restored!

An aura is visible around each Core dervish.  In contact with the aura and you get a DoT.  If you happen to have a lingering DoT from one of the other cores, you'll take more damage.

Core of Flame  Burning Ash:DoT 77k + Inhibit Combat + Increase damage from Shock of Lightning and Grinding Stones (30s)
Pattern: Burning ash gets into your eyes.

Core of Stone  Grinding Stones:DoT 75k + Endurance drain 999, Increase Hit DMG Taken by 30% + Increase damage from Shock of Lightning and Burning Ash (30s)
Pattern: Rocks grind away at you.

Core of Lightning  Shock of Lightning:DoT 105k + Snare + Increase melee haste + Increase Spell DMG Taken by Burning Ash and Grinding Stones (18s)
Pattern: You are shocked!

Strategy for Dervishes:

NOTE: We may end up taking all three Cores down at the same time (ie, take down to10%, then kill at once).  Watch /rs for updates in for this during prep.

Casters on Core of Flame.  But Necromancers on Core of Stone

Melee on Core of Lightning.

Then we finish with all DPS on Core of Stone.

The emote indicates we're on a timer and must kill these quickly or the dervishes are restored.

Tanks, avoid overlapping the Cores.  We'll try and assign you to general locations (utilizing two corners, and middle, so raid is still centralized).

Notes:

When melee finish Core of Lightning, players with Shock of Lightning DoT may have to wait for it to wear off before directly meleeing (in aura) Core of Stone, or suffer substantial damage, if I'm interpreting the spell details correctly.

Our window to kill dervishes may be around 1 min 30s to 1 min 50s.  Based on the time between trio emotes currently.

No triggers added.  Currently, our existing dervishes spawn trigger should suffice.

Strategy post updated.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:15:01 AM by Furro »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 11:33:44 PM »
A magical siphon casts http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=47949&source=Live
Saw this many times. "a magical siphon buzzes and seeks magical power in a new target." Not sure if it indicates it has siphoned mana, or something else.

The boss's aura was hidden at some points by the floor, but was still getting hit by it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:38:52 PM by Raccoo »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 11:37:49 PM »
A magical siphon casts http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=47949&source=Live
Saw this many times. "a magical siphon buzzes and seeks magical power in a new target." Not sure if it indicates it has siphoned mana, or something else.

I think that happens each time a Siphon memblurs.  At least, that's what I based the one trigger on for tanks, which I then removed, because it was firing too often really to be effective.

Perhaps the wording magical power, indicates it's seeking out someone with mana.

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »
So had some thoughts on this, so figured I would put them in writing.  I am starting to think that we need to save our MAIN burns for the 3 elemental dervishes with the severity of the the flame aura and the fact that they need to all be killed in a certain amount of time. 

Have we considered the idea of splitting up the DPS on the axes (having two MA's)?  They die pretty fast and if we can kill 2 at a time, we may get them all down faster without having to use our biggest burns to do so.  It is just a thought, but I think if we could save our burns for later, it will really help us get past the dervish part.

Also had a thought on positioning.  If we positioned the raid in one of the corners near the entrance to the vault, would it be possible for the MTO healers to stand just outside the room on other side of wall to heal the MT?  That may help them avoid having to move to avoid the boss aura (or get hit by it).

Just thoughts I had.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 10:02:48 PM »
So had some thoughts on this, so figured I would put them in writing.  I am starting to think that we need to save our MAIN burns for the 3 elemental dervishes with the severity of the the flame aura and the fact that they need to all be killed in a certain amount of time. 

Have we considered the idea of splitting up the DPS on the axes (having two MA's)?  They die pretty fast and if we can kill 2 at a time, we may get them all down faster without having to use our biggest burns to do so.  It is just a thought, but I think if we could save our burns for later, it will really help us get past the dervish part.

Also had a thought on positioning.  If we positioned the raid in one of the corners near the entrance to the vault, would it be possible for the MTO healers to stand just outside the room on other side of wall to heal the MT?  That may help them avoid having to move to avoid the boss aura (or get hit by it).

Just thoughts I had.

Re: Burns, stage 1

I'm not opposed to being slightly reserved in this area on the first stage.  However, my concern is increasing the time it takes to kill the adds, which increases tank exposure, and therefore risk of death.  When tanks die, DPS follow; not always in that order /grin.  I'd rather us go to the hilt, get the adds down, come out of the stage strong, with fewest deaths possible.  It's only recently, our experience with dervishes had us at a point where we survived long enough to get a better feel of that stage.  I think in a way, we're still early in there.  A week or two back, we had a great run on Dervishes, but we lost one of our MT's, and ended up kiting it (Dimbly kited it, as I recall, he was screaming and /arms flailing about, in the process... /duck).  But funny aside, if we keep our MT's up on Dervishes, we'll be able to actually execute our current tactic, gauge the results, and adjust as necessary.

Re: splitting up DPS on axes (stage 1)

I was thinking about this earlier today as well.  But instead of both MAs on axes, we may be better off with MA2 working Executioners.  We tend to get two Exec's per wave, if I recall, and given their debuff, our tanks tend to be at the greatest risk tanking them.  If say, Rangers & Casters are assisting MA2, they could work on Exec's, with the rest of the raid assisting MA1 on Axes.  I think we're losing our tanks mostly to Exec's, and when that happens, DPS tend to die shortly after.  These deaths early in have a significant impact on us for later waves; as I'm sure you know.

Re: stage 1, positioning

I'm weary about having healers outside the main room because of leashing adds, which causes them to strip buffs (I think they summon from 100%, as well).  Also, siphons can get away from tanks at times, due to the mem-blur.  On that note, I tend to agree with Raccoo's observation a few posts back, that the siphon's seem to be attracted to players with mana.  Or players above a certain threshold of mana, as someone in another guild blurted out months back.

On the siphons though, I was actually thinking we should have our Casters, Rangers and Healers, run through the boss aura a 2-3 times (without getting killed...), to lower their mana substantially (the boss aura drains a sizable chunk of mana), and see if it has a noticeable impact on the siphons.  Perhaps less will spawn, or they won't mem-blur as often, or when they do, they'll go for players with the most mana; which would be our SK's, as we wouldn't have them lower their mana.  Also, we never figured out what the main emote is for when we enter the room.  It's clearly collecting a number of names that enter the room on engage, and it may have something to do with those stage 1 adds.  We were trying some things a while back, but after not seeing any noticeable differences, we focused our efforts on other areas of the event.

We've been muscling through the first stage, which works at times; but admittedly, it gets really dicey, and quickly in.  Hopefully tonight after Lcea, we can take a run and explore two MA's, and try the mana draining, to see how it plays out.

As always, thanks for the suggestions, Padraigg.  This goes for everyone as well, we welcome comments/suggestions, as long as it doesn't conflict with our standing policy.

See everyone in game!

-F
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:04:39 PM by Furro »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 11:45:02 PM »
Yesterdays attempts, I didn't enter the room until after the emoted names, but I did seem to get adds aggressively on me. I also noticed at one point when I had my divine aura going, that I could run into the boss's aura without HP lose, but did get the mana drain debuff.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 11:50:22 PM »
Yesterdays attempts, I didn't enter the room until after the emoted names, but I did seem to get adds aggressively on me. I also noticed at one point when I had my divine aura going, that I could run into the boss's aura without HP lose, but did get the mana drain debuff.

On the mana drain, while DA'd, that's good to know.  Last night, I purposely ran into the boss aura to reduce to mana a fair bit to see if it'd have an impact.  I didn't notice any, but I think it'll be better if we all did as mentioned in my earlier post, except SK, and then gauge the impact.  This time I'll use DA though, thanks.

I'll try running into the room immediately on engage to get listed as well, see how it plays out.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 02:59:53 AM »
Think I was mistaken about the mana drain, tried it again tonight after a die please. I had one of the debuffs Mana Destruction on. I think that is what I thought was the mana drain.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 03:18:32 AM »
Think I was mistaken about the mana drain, tried it again tonight after a die please. I had one of the debuffs Mana Destruction on. I think that is what I thought was the mana drain.

Ok.  I actually didn't try DA'ing tonight, but I won't now obviously.  Thanks for following up.

We'll make some ground on this next week.  Our setup tonight wasn't ideal, which made it difficult to assess properly whether our split MA adjusts was effective.  We want to try it again with our normal compliment, next week.

See you next raid!

-F

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »
Update - Saturday, July 15, 2017

We finally were able to get some attempts in on this event again last night (Friday).  We smoothed out our efforts progressing from Stage 1 to 3.  At stage 4, we survived cores for a longer period.  But things got out of hand before we were able to execute our strategy for that leg of the event.  We're almost there.

Updated the main Strategy post to reflect how we are currently doing this event.  Please READ THE MAIN STRATEGY POST after reading this post, and before attending our next raid.

Trigger Adjusts & Additions:

Stage 1 - 2:

Adjusted book adds spawned trigger to more accurately reflect the time until Golems spawn.  With our stall effort last night, we were able to ascertain the timer from books to golems is 3 minutes, 41 seconds.

Books spawn:
[Fri Jul 14 22:24:08 2017] An unseen voice shouts, 'Knowledge is power.'

Golems spawn:
[Fri Jul 14 22:27:49 2017] You hear a hushed groaning sound as the clay guardians spring to life!

Stage 4:

Adjusted dervishes trigger to a repeating overlay at 1 min 25 seconds.  As mentioned in our strategy post, we believe we have to kill the Cores (dervishes), all at the same time.  But given that this emote fires repeatedly, we have to ensure we do not attempt a "KILL ALL NOW" too close to the next emote.  Otherwise, any killed cores will respawn.  As our strategy post indicates, we split MA cores and take them down to 10%, then wait for MA to issue "KILL ALL NOW".

The point of the trigger, is so that everyone knows approximately when that window is about to repeat and it'll be up MA1 judgement to do the "KILL ALL NOW" call.

* Important: By the way... We seem to have 2-3 people who attend our raids who believe our rules do not apply to them.  For those individuals, we would appreciate that you be respectful of our new content raid policy, which was enacted so that others could share in a unique raiding experience without it being spoiled by others who have done the events before with their guilds.  This includes taking it upon yourselves to make subtle comments in our channels, mocking a strategy, or worse, blatantly disregarding our rule on this matter and proceed to describe how something works or how our tactic should change, or why we are doing something some way over x other way...

So once again, for those people above who do not get it, please read this again: Freelance Raid Suggestion Policy regarding New Content.

For those who cannot restrain themselves from spoiling new content for others, please go find another raid team.

As for everyone else, please feel free to provide your feedback and suggestions based on our attempts to date.

Kianara

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 11:27:17 PM »
I can not stress how much smoother the initial adds went when the raid stayed huddled.  Tanks in the corner, ALL MOBS piled in directly in front of them, then the entire rest of the raid behind the mobs.  This way when the siphons mem-blur, mobs don't run around the room killing people while tanks give chase and try to get aggro back.  Once we're cleaning up the last of the mobs, THEN everyone can go back to the tables, etc, in anticipation of avoiding the silence from books.

As for the cores, that flame core has to be controlled IMMEDIATELY.  The ONLY thing that should be in it's aura for the entirety of the time it's up is whatever is tanking/controlling it.  Nothing else, at all, period.  Last night it was circling around the room, killing 4-5 people each lap.  That can NOT happen if we hope to succeed.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 03:24:19 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159468381?t=35m40s
Zaknaffein's twitch of FL's last vault runs. Thought we might want to review for ideas.