Author Topic: DPS - Streamlined and Maximized  (Read 53099 times)

Vanlor

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DPS - Streamlined and Maximized
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:10 AM »
A few suggestions and additions.

I highly suggest having a couple of the spells currently listed only in the "debuff" column also moved to the "attributable dps" column.  Including but not limited to:

Druid's STV line
Mage/Shm Malo line (NOT the aa version as it is pathetic compared to the spell)
Necro's Scent line
Enc tash line
(any I may have missed)

These spells actually make for some pretty huge attributable damage and their highest versions should be cast on every encounter without question (both because of their debuff components and their increased damage components).

ALL casters:
Acute Focus of arcanum (AA)
1: Decrease Spell Resist Rate by 35%
2: Limit: Max Level(85)
3: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed
4: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)

This is extremely important.  I can't stress how large of a difference this AA makes.  It can easily be the difference between getting a mob debuffed in 5 seconds, or not getting fully debuffed (at all).

Necros:
Also have an older debuff line that ended with Scent of Terris that stacks with the newer Scent of Doom.  It got made into an even better version as an AA in HoT.
Scent of Terris AA

Rogue:
Instruction in Toxicity:  single target poison overfocus (20% at rk2).  Nice to slap on a nec pre-engage /grin

Shaman:
Putrid Decay (lvl 66, disease -200) - Decreases poison/disease resists by 55. Overwritten by necromancer Scent of Gloom line.  Even though this doesn't stack with necs debuff, it's great to get on the mob early because of its good resist check.

Enchanter:
It should be noted that enchanter's twincast aura now works on DoTs as well as nukes.  When a dot is "twinned" it hits for double the base damage for the entire duration of the dot.  In otherwords, the caster should not refresh this specific dot until it has fully run its course or the caster will actually lower their dps.

Bard:
I saw you weren't mentioning spires, but I thought I would just mention anyway that bard 2nd spire adds base dmg to spells (though it was heavily nerfed quite some time ago).

As a dps caster I feel that it is important to mention that, currently, the bard attributable dps contains mostly only melee enhancements.  It should also include:

aria of the composer:  Adds set overfocus for spells as well as melee overhaste.  This is extremely powerful since it is not a variable foci and it stacks with worn foci.  Also, aura should never be played over aria.  Aria is the single largest dps enhancement a bard can play for caster or melee and using aura instead is selling yourself short (less overhaste and less overfocus from aura vs. aria).

Arcane Chorus:  This adds a proc to all dmg spells cast and is good also for both melee and casters

Fatesong of Fergar:  adds dmg to cold dds

Sotor's Aria:  adds dmg to fire dds

Lyrin's Psalm of Potency:  adds dmg to magic dots (despite in game description, it is only for magic based dots)

If you are in a caster group with a bard, be aware of which of the above spells benefit you most (along with what was listed originally).  A good example of what a wizard would want out of a bard would be: aria of the composer, fatesong, sotors, mana regen, and Arcane chorus (as long as no enchanter is around since it doesn't stack with MR).  Necros do not benefit from the 2 dd songs and so would rather that Lyrin's was in.  Either way, stuff like war march isn't really useful to a caster group.

The whole deal really needs updated to the relevant HoT versions of the spells already listed, too.

For Necros wanting to improve their dps or even just wanting to ensure they are doing everything correctly, there is a newer thread on necrotalk that breaks it down really well and I would recommend all necros to read here: http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=11540

I could do a writeup of essential necro aas, foci, spells, clickies etc.  But it would really be faster and laid out better if you just poke around Necrotalk.com.  If you poke around the forums and look at stickies most of the questions you could possibly dream up are answered pretty thoroughly.  I also highly suggest you subscribe to NT.  I do and it is very much worth the small fee.  It opens up an extra forum with some pretty good info on the class.

Either way, if you are a necro especially, feel free to ask me anything at all in game.  Chances are that I can answer any questions you might have--if I can't, I can tell you where to find the info.

p.s. I realize zaaq is afk, I'm not trying to sound like a butt for stuff not being updated to HoT  :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 12:51:29 AM by Vanlor »

Bumkus

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: DPS - Streamlined and Maximized
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 04:06:41 AM »
thats a great post Vanlor.  I need to print it out to read it offline.  lots to take in.

For Beastlord, here are some hotkey setups I use.  I posted them over on beastlord.org and no one jumped my keister, so they can't be too bad.

Spell hotkey (my number key 3)
Bind bottom 4 spells to number key 3
Leave Shout at the Moon as manual cast

Combat hotkey (My number key 5)
/discipline rush rk. II
/doability 3         kick
/alt activate 247    Feral Swipe
/alt activate 986    Bite of the Asp
/alt activate 11080  Chameleon Strike

BA!  (my main disc)
/alt activate 443    Bestial Bloodrage
/discipline Bestial Vivisection rk. II
/discipline Nature's Fury rk. II
/alt activate 245    Bestial Alignment
/g <<< BURN DISC >>> Nature's Fury! 100 hands for 48 sec

EF! (My other main disc)
/alt activate 443
/blockspell add me 27099      27099 is short buff of BV
/blockspell remove me 27099
/alt activate 124    Frenzy of Spirit
/discipline Empathic Fury

you really want to fire off all your spells and short refresh combat attacks from just a couple keys on your keyboard.  if you are clicking buttons and spell gems with your mouse, then lag on raids is going to kill your dps

Edit:
Oh yea, i know these keys are different than the ones I showed earlier.  dps is a work in progress.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:51:02 PM by Bumkus »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: DPS - Streamlined and Maximized - positioning
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2020, 01:53:19 AM »
One thing I've noticed playing various classes is groups get spread out so you're too far to receive adps & group heals. Maybe group leaders could group mark healers (or someone) in the group so the group can see them and stack up closer so everyone receives adps and heals?

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Group positioning for ADPS - Major problem
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2021, 06:04:58 PM »
This is still a major problem for Freelance.
For instance, on Zlandicar, your IOG is 200 range, so you shouldn't stand at the top of the ramp when your group is on the opposite side of the room from you. You're doing a big disservice to your group members and to the raid. If you need to be at the top of the ramp for raid mechanics reasons, be sure to move into range of your group to hit IOG before moving away please.

When ADPS classes aren't within range when they activate ADPS and it hurts the raid's overall DPS and makes these raids take much longer, and make them tougher as well.

I made a suggestion last year, but no one has commented. Group leaders can mark the healer or someone else important in the group with /mark 1, making them more visible for group members to converge on so everyone is within range for ADPS and heals.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:14:31 PM by Raccoo »