Author Topic: EoK - Kor-Sha - T3 - The Kar`Zok  (Read 8962 times)

Dimerall

• Slacker
  • Just remember, No matter where you go,there u are
    • View Profile
Re: EoK - Kor-Sha - T3 - The Kar`Zok
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 12:26:26 PM »
From what I understand of the EOTD2 flagging as soon as Snowblaze's shield drops, you run upstairs past him, attack a targetable crate with normal attacks giving you a buff called Unstable Potion that lasts 5 min. You then need to go to a tanked boss either Snowblaze or Reaper and stand in front of them to get Breath of Atreb cast on you and get a buff called Unstable Infusion. Then you run and stand in only one of the fire auras and live till Snowblaze is dead?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:18:28 PM by Dimerall »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2018, 09:53:30 PM »
From what I understand of the EOTD2 flagging as soon as Snowblaze's shield drops, you run upstairs past him, attack a targetable crate with normal attacks giving you a buff called Unstable Potion that lasts 5 min. You then need to go to a tanked boss either Snowblaze or Reaper and stand in front of them to get Breath of Atreb cast on you and get a buff called Unstable Infusion. Then you run and stand in only one of the fire auras and live till Snowblaze is dead?

Dimbly and Huevos are coordinating EOTD2, but I asked them last night to write up the details and I'll incorporate it into the main strategy post.  Dimbly said he's going to try and draft something on Sunday, and then we can polish it up during the week and get it posted before the next raid.

I successfully completed EOTD2 last night.  I stood near Snowblaze and was successful in getting the Unstable Infusion buff.  I agree with your Breath of Atrebe comment, looking at the spell data for Unstable Potion, it indicates you need to get hit by Breath of Atrebe; a Frontal AE which both Snowblaze and Reaper cast.  After which you get Unstable Infusion.

After I got the Unstable Infusion buff (and possibly after it faded), I died later in the event, BUT I still got the /ach for EOTD2 on the win.  Therefore, if you do die after Unstable Infusion, it's OK.  But, I believe if you die when Unstable Potion is on, you lose the buff.

Later! :)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 08:14:17 PM »
Dimbly drafted an EOTD2 write-up earlier this week.  I'm including it here, and have also incorporated it into the main strategy post.

Dimby's EOTD2 Write-up

Yay!  It's My Turn To Break a Box in The Kar'zok event;  How Do I Get My EoD2 Achievement?

- Where is the box I have to break?

The box you have to break is in the room behind Snowblaze.  There is a purple barrier that you have to get past.  If you run into the purple barrier you will be tossed back about 500 units into the room.

- How do I get past the purple barrier?

There are two ways to get past the purple barrier, the proper way and the cheaty way. 

The proper way:

The purple barrier is brought down by exposure to shield fragments from the Frost/Flame Assaulters' shield.  When an Assaulter is caught in the targeted aura that Snowblaze casts on players, that Assaulter's shield will break.  There is an emote that indicates that this has happened.  When an Assaulter's shield shatters a fragment of that shield drops to the ground.  That fragment must be picked up from the ground, equipped in a secondary slot, and brought to the purple barrier at Snowblaze.  With the fragment equipped one may pass safely through the purple barrier.  When the equipped fragment makes contact with the purple barrier the purple barrier and the shield fragment are weakened.  When the fragment has contacted the barrier 3 times that fragment is destroyed.  When the barrier comes into contact with a fragment 9 times, the barrier is destroyed.  So, 3 shield fragments will bring down the purple barrier eliminating the need to have the fragment equipped to pass through the barrier safely.

The cheaty way:

You may pass through the purple barrier using Shadow Step effects (ie Mistwalk for druids) if you angle it just right.

- How do I break the box?  Now what?

So, finding yourself inside of Snowblaze's room there are 6 boxes scattered around the room that can be targeted  and broken.  You need to break one (and ONLY ONE) of those boxes.  You may break the box using a melee weapon or spells or by using a pet.  Do NOT use your pet to break your box!  When the box is broken you will receive a buff call Unstable Potion (greenish icon).  This buff has a 5 minute timer attached to it.  Before Unstable Potion wears off you need to position yourself in front of either Snowblaze or The Reaper and be hit with Breath of Atrebe.  When you are hit with Breath of Atrebe you receive an additional buff called Unstable Infusion (reddish icon).  When you receive Unstable Infusion you are assured of receiving your EoD2 achievement BUT ONLY when the event is won.  After receiving Unstable Infusion you may safely die.

- My pet broke open the box, how come I didn't get the Unstable Potion buff?

YOU FOOL!  If your pet breaks open the box, your pet will receive the Unstable Potion buff instead of you.  Now even though pets are people too, they are not willing to share the achievement with you.  You are SOL.  Don't let your pet break the box!

- I broke open the box and got the Unstable Potion buff, but I died.  Now what?

YOU FOOL!  If you have broken open your box and received the buff Unstable Potion, but you are silly enough to die before being hit with Breath of Atrebe you will lose Unstable Potion and you will not receive your EoD2 achievement.  You are SOL.  Don't die before being hit with Breath of Atrebe!

- I broke open the box and got the Unstable Potion buff and to be safe I gated out.

YOU FOOL!  If you have broken your box and received the buff Unstable Potion, but you are silly enough leave the zone or instance before being hit with Breath of Atrebe, you will lose Unstable Potion and you will not receive your EoD2 achievement.  You are SOL.  Don't leave the zone/instance before being hit with Breath of Atrebe!

And that's all there is to it.

Dimerall

• Slacker
  • Just remember, No matter where you go,there u are
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 12:16:10 AM »
Ok so nothing else has to be done even when the buffs disappear
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:23:43 AM by Dimerall »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 12:28:50 AM »
Ok so nothing else has to be done even when the buffs disappear

Correct.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 11:44:17 PM »
09-21-2018 - Frost Shields on assaulter adds

Apparently it's being reported in the DBG bug thread that the frost shields are not being broken by the AE since patch.  Thanks Huevos for checking up on the thread.

That explains why we were having so much trouble last night on this.  Normally we get shields dropping from Frost adds.

Technically, we could still go for three shield breaks on Flame adds though.  Albeit it's a bit more difficult, we usually aim for a couple shields, given our current tactic.  To ensure three shields, we'd have to avoid killing a flame initially, and then ensure tanks are bringing their flame adds to Gaze emoted players (players with blue ring around them).  Tanks know this, but it's not always nailed and that's one of the reasons we tend to not get 3/3 on shields from flame adds.

Anyway!  The deaths were for a good cause last night! /duck.  ;D