Author Topic: Necro DPS  (Read 28571 times)

Vanlor

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Necro DPS
« on: March 02, 2011, 05:23:43 PM »
Largly, in this thread, I will just be pointing necros to some already created awesomesauce over at Necrotalk.com.

Necros may have one of the simpler combos to creating their dps, but it is easily one of the most difficult to implement.

The first thread that all necros should read is: DPS tools - what you will need and never outgrow

The second thread that all necros should read is: Necro DPS - Spell Casting Order v2.0

Those two threads are absolutely gold.  Few classes in EQ have a community that is half as useful as the necromancer one.  Anyone not taking advantage of said community is seriously handicapping their game play.  There are countless other invaluable threads on basically every subject relevant to a Necromancer on that site (I know because I have started, posted, or read a high majority of them).

If you are truly serious about wanting to DPS at the top as a Necromancer, I highly suggest you also subscribe to necrotalk.  We give away all the ub3r 1337 secrets in the subscriber section  8-)

I will probably add to this a quick and dirty guide on how to use all the tools mentioned in the two threads above.

Happy hunting!

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Necro DPS
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:33:26 PM »
Originally Posted by Mellifleur 
1. Pyre of Hazarak
2. Ignite Potential
3. Pyre of Nos
4. Doom
5. Naeya Venom
6. Ivrikdals
7. Necrotizing Wounds
8. Mortification ( with a druid in the group / raid using Mulch line )
9. Pyre of the Piq`A
10. Blazing Shadow
11. Demise
12. Provocation / Nazi Orb

Burn Order as follows:

EFoA ( Enlightened Focus of Arcanum ), Mecurial, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11... Silent Casting, CoA Robe, Gift ( Gift of Deathly Resolve ), Glyph , 12,7,12,1,12,2,12,4, Third / 7th / EC , VoA robe, 12,5,12,6,12,8,12,9,12,10, LB, DG

*Italics+Bold = Use For long duration Fight only, like Beasts..All Others Start right with EFoA, MT, SC, CoA, Gift

Other necros have slight variations to this burn lineup as well.
Only use Funeral Pyre if there is no bard in your group.
Once DoTs are loaded, if it's going to be ~ a 2 minute fight, you want to hit third before twinning with GoDR. Order changes with duration of fight, so hard to say there is one best way unless you know approximately how long the fight will be. With a shorter fight (2 minutes ish) I am now using FP with GoDR and like the results (thanks Logic, Bren, and Xnao)
The only hard day was yesterday

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 12:36:03 AM »
Since we're sporting 3-4 Necros of late, it's appropriate to bump this thread.

There's a good thread over on NecroTalk.com called Help please with a raid lineup.  Scroll down shortly in for Vivamorts post, it's well laid out and straight forward.  If our active Necros could give it a read and let us know what you think.

Nintap

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 10:22:41 PM »
I have read some of this before, what looks like something i need to try is the use of flesh to poison dd proc to initiate the GoDR proc (twincast dot after a dd is cast). Flesh to poison does not proc every time so i may need keep a close eye. I have tried to make a burn line up, but takes long to load, so have stuck with hot keys to swap out 4 at a time. I need to try set up a burn set again.

MY line up is as follows:
1. Soulrend - (life tap)
2. Impose for blood - (DD, chance to proc 30-130% dot dmg increase)
3. Shield of consequence - (% spell and melee mitigation)
4. Call Skeleton Mob - (swarm pets)
5. Chaotic liquifaction - (scent of the nightfall db + chance for liquifaction or pyre of lost or both to land 54sec dots)
6. Mind extraction - (grp mana tap dot)
7. Dark leech - (grp life tap dot)
8. Pyre of jorobb - (30sec dot)
9. Pyre of marnek - (30sec dot)
10. Ignight synapse - (30sec dot)
11. Annihilation - (30sec dot)
12. Swift life draw - (12sec self lifetap dot)
     Slots 8-11 get swaped for 42 sec dots
8. Glistenwing venom
9. Plexipharia's pallid haze
10. Binasia venom
11. Plexipharia's grasp (also self life tap)
     Swap for 1min 24sec dots
8. Smoldering shadow
9. Coruscating shadow
10. grip of jabaum or livinaus decay
11. Mortiferious wounds

So I keep them organized in sets; short, medium and long. 12 dots there + 2-3 more that are always available.
Shield of consequence is a new addition to the permanent part of my line up to deal with lich adds with Calix and helps SO much! I make sure i always have it in my buff window, need to learn to make a trigger to alert me when it wears off. Main reason for some of my permanent part of lineup is they are slow to load or are life tap and can assist with proc of RB aa.
I do have a nuke/swift spellset as well for weaker adds.

For crit% I do have a Blightbringer tunic clicky, third spire, hand of death proc. Still need to get my 2.5 epic 10% as opposed to 8% now.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 04:59:58 AM by Nintap »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:06 PM »
Thanks for posting, Nintap!

Necros always did have the coolest sounding spells.  Oh, I suppose Wizard ones aren't bad, but the necro ones always chilled my heart.

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 02:29:44 AM »
Thanks for posting, Nintap!

Necros always did have the coolest sounding spells.  Oh, I suppose Wizard ones aren't bad, but the necro ones always chilled my heart.

Level up that ranger yet?

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 08:06:44 PM »
Side note: fighting lanys and calix I have been focusing on lanys cause we cant seem to get her down to calix hp, even w/o putting dots on calix. I dot lanys when can and try to proc my impose for blood dd+30 -130% dot increase off of calix, mainly + mana tap cause peps w/rez need mana.I do dot him but if i load up on calix then sparky spawns at 70%, making it even harder to dmg lanys. I have been having a hard time keeping agro down even with FD. Seems like i can cast 4 dots and agro is getting crazy. Any way to gain more agro from lanys and calix would be awesome for me.
Thanks

I wouldn't go crazy on the dots when calix spawns honestly. Lanys goes live when Calix is 90ish %,. Lanys goes through some script first then goes Live, when she does Calix blurs agro. I have seen you and other necros and casters on agro the moment she blurs because I assume ya'll are dotting her up and aren't FD'n before she blurs, and the other casters don't stop nuking while she blurs. It's a good way to either go splat, or end up as rampage on Calix.

There is no reason to go crazy on the DPS on Calix from 100%-90% and really we should just be coasting till after Lanys goes live and calix blurs. You should just use flash dots and or other quick nukes/dots from 100-90% and FD yourself at 91% ish till after Calix blurs. Then put on the Gas for DPS to burn each down to 60% after the Blur. I'm not sure if dotting Lanys is a good idea either with her blur and mechanics, I'd just stick to calix really as a necro until the Lanys blurs stop at 40%.

I also don't like how we position at the moment and keep just a few melee dps on lanys, but that's another discussion.

Over ez

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 07:20:54 PM »
I have read some of this before, what looks like something i need to try is the use of flesh to poison dd proc to initiate the GoDR proc (twincast dot after a dd is cast). Flesh to poison does not proc every time so i may need keep a close eye. I have tried to make a burn line up, but takes long to load, so have stuck with hot keys to swap out 4 at a time. I need to try set up a burn set again.

MY line up is as follows:
1. Soulrend - (life tap)
5. Chaotic liquifaction - (scent of the nightfall db + chance for liquifaction or pyre of lost or both to land 54sec dots)
     Slots 8-11 get swaped for 42 sec dots
8. Glistenwing venom
10. Binasia venom
     Swap for 1min 24sec dots
8. Smoldering shadow
9. Coruscating shadow
11. Mortiferious wounds

So I keep them organized in sets; short, medium and long. 12 dots there + 2-3 more that are always available.
Shield of consequence is a new addition to the permanent part of my line up to deal with lich adds with Calix and helps SO much! I make sure i always have it in my buff window, need to learn to make a trigger to alert me when it wears off. Main reason for some of my permanent part of lineup is they are slow to load or are life tap and can assist with proc of RB aa.
I do have a nuke/swift spellset as well for weaker adds.

For crit% I do have a Blightbringer tunic clicky, third spire, hand of death proc. Still need to get my 2.5 epic 10% as opposed to 8% now.

Side note: fighting lanys and calix I have been focusing on lanys cause we cant seem to get her down to calix hp, even w/o putting dots on calix. I dot lanys when can and try to proc my impose for blood dd+30 -130% dot increase off of calix, mainly + mana tap cause peps w/rez need mana.I do dot him but if i load up on calix then sparky spawns at 70%, making it even harder to dmg lanys. I have been having a hard time keeping agro down even with FD. Seems like i can cast 4 dots and agro is getting crazy. Any way to gain more agro from lanys and calix would be awesome for me.

Thanks

I'm not sure I'm following you here Nintap.  Are you saying these are your lineups?

SHORT TERM
1. Soulrend - (life tap)

MEDIUM TERM
1. Soulrend - (life tap)
8. Glistenwing venom
10. Binasia venom

LONG TERM
1. Soulrend - (life tap)
8. Smoldering shadow
9. Coruscating shadow
11. Mortiferious wounds

Thanks...

Nintap

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 04:50:50 AM »
   Yes Over ez, I will swap 4 spells at a time. I also have a spell set that I've been playing with that swaps in my 12 sec dots and nukes. It seems to work w/ adds that die very fast, the quick dots and nukes have a little refresh time though.
   Basically, on bosses, I try to keep all dots running as they fade, and cast procs and aa etc in between to up my crit chances and anything that will up my base dmg.

Over ez

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 06:46:10 PM »
   Yes Over ez, I will swap 4 spells at a time. I also have a spell set that I've been playing with that swaps in my 12 sec dots and nukes. It seems to work w/ adds that die very fast, the quick dots and nukes have a little refresh time though.
   Basically, on bosses, I try to keep all dots running as they fade, and cast procs and aa etc in between to up my crit chances and anything that will up my base dmg.

Nintap, thanks for your help so far.

Do you really use Shield of consequence (what you listed as cast #3) in every dps cycle?  I see it as only a self buff, not a dps spell - this doesn't make sense to me.

Scornfire

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 03:01:22 AM »
Overeasy is right, that's a rather confusing spell lineup to be honest, for comparison mine is as follows;

Impose for Blood
Pyre of Jorobb
Ignite Synapses
Pyre of Marnek
Annihilation
Pyre of Hazarack
Termination
Glistenwing Venom
Scourge of Fates
Pyre of Nos
Smouldering Shadow
Chaotic Liquefaction

I don't typically ever switch out spells mid-event, though I'm considering starting with the 3 _______ Wounds DoTs at the bottom of the rotation and just casting them once at the beginning to get the superdot recourse now that they finally fixed it. At Any rate, I pretty much just get them all on then alternate Impose for chaotic procs with refreshing DoTs, if you find yourself in a pinch Chaotic Liquefaction pretty much bats a thousand with RB procs. Can give you a general idea of my burn AA/clicky order if you want, though I'm pretty rusty and have been in the process of revising it

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 03:12:04 AM »
It looks like it is just part of the spellset for Calix/Lanys for survivability.

Shield of consequence is a new addition to the permanent part of my line up to deal with lich adds with Calix and helps SO much!

You can setup a spellset with only this spell to switch it out during events. I have the last spellgem for the single spells I like to switch between, like Impel, Flesh to Blood, and this. Though I mostly use it for FtB.

As for spell swapping, I haven't done any raids on my necro since they changed how wounds go, and I was the only necro on the raids I was on, so I felt free to pile on the dots. I have 11 dots on first raid hotkey, 3 more for each additional hotkey, with 5 total, but they'd start needing refreshed by the time I got to #4. My first 11 looks a lot like Scornfire's.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:49:22 AM by Raccoo »

Nintap

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »
   Hey gang, I can see how my spell sets can look confusing. The main reason i keep certain spells in lineup that are not Dot's is because they either assist me with heals or have a very slow refresh time eg. shield of consequence and mind extraction ( if i/group need mana or i need my shield recast i don't want to wait for it to load, and then what other spells do i mix in that spell set). One could argue that all this spell swapping is unnecessary and a waste of time. The problem i face is i want to cast as many dot's as possible, so i have to swap in more spells. I'm always trying to iron out kinks, but i feel more comfortable the way i have it and have been doing well in DPS.
   On adds i have been swaping out slots 8-11 of my previously posted lineups to include
8. Combust bones ( dd nuke / turn undead / stun (weaker mobs) )
9. Liquifying vein ( dd poison nuke )
10. Ilsaria's swift sickness ( 12 sec Dot )
11. Mazub's flashblaze ( 12 sec Dot
I mainly use these on adds when bosses are NOT in play yet. I am still unsure if my swift dots are working better than 30 sec dots on these adds. but im sure the nukes help. Then again, all adds are different. Still working out this line up.
   With my spell sets grouped based on duration that they last, i can cast all 4 then swap for the next 4 and so on.  I can cast any of my other spells, AA's or clickey's between swaps. Ideally I will cast my "long dots" then "short" then "medium". The short dots will come due for recast first in this situation, so i will load those and be ready to cast as they fade. Medium and long will kind of start fading at same time depending on how fast you you have gotten through your lineups. I have decided to go meduim next, which makes sure violent proliferation, gets to proc off of mortiferious wounds, and it keeps a good rotation going ( long-short-medium-short-medium, and repeat). Thats my spell casting/spell sets summed up.
   Aside from previously posted damage increasing aa's, clickys etc. I have learned 2 new ways to boost dps. Ancient Hedgewizards Brew ( gives me 33k or 37k  dd random proc when casting damaging spells and lasts 50 min). Glyph of the Cataclysm (this is an AA in special tab of aa window and cost 5 aa and is expendable. This provides a 60% increase to base dmg. Lasts 2min i think and does have a refresh time).
   Thanks Quickburn for the good info on these, and Thanks Furro for putting together complete lists of what spells, aa's, potions etc. were used by which necro during an event so i could compare and ask questions!!

That's it for now, NIN

« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:22:50 PM by Nintap »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 01:28:56 PM »
I'm probably behind on this but, I just noticed that cascade of decay and flesh to poison now stack. : )
I tried the ancient hedgewizards brew a couple of months ago and didn't like it as much as flesh to poison, may have to look at it again if it procs for that much. I'm thinking that FTP was procing more often for me.

I think I have an idea for helping everyone get their 2.5s, or at least a chance at the page. Planning monday/tuesday since I'm off. I think if we work together to clear tier 1, then everyone splits off for their own DZ for tier 2, we each get a shot of Tris dropping the page. Each necro would get their own encounter with Tris, which isn't too tough, probably just need a couple of people to cast RGC and heal her.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:32:04 PM by Raccoo »

Nintap

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 01:30:58 AM »
   Hey Raccoo, I need to check out that cascade of decay and flesh to poison stacking, I do kinda remember seeing that last time i was on, been super busy lately. I DID notice that FtP and Hedgewiz brew were stacking too. I'm not sure which procs more often but i notice the Brew procs for more. I also was testing and noticed that the proc off the brew will not trigger GoDR (twincast); but FtP will.
   I have gotten my epic 2.5 since my first post. I would love to help but i don't think my schedule will allow
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:17:45 PM by Nintap »