Author Topic: GINA - Workaround for EQ date format bug  (Read 3275 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
GINA - Workaround for EQ date format bug
« on: May 03, 2018, 11:33:43 PM »
http://eq.gimasoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=261

GINA workaround.

I did this and can confirm it works.

Kianara

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: GINA - Workaround for EQ date format bug
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
We had multiple people in Sojo try this workaround (around 5-6 people), and it didn't work for any of us.  Even with the new file in place, triggers still wouldn't fire without changing the PC date.  As a matter of fact, replacing the file caused additional crashing problems for people, and they had to completely reinstall GINA.  I even went into the actual code in the config file, and while the code looks correct, GINA still wasn't working for ANY of us without changing the PC date.

I understand your concern with changing the PC date, but as a tech I wouldn't have suggested it, nor used it myself, if it was going to create catastrophic system issues.  I changed the date for the duration of the fight, then when the fight was done, changed the date back so there were no sync issues between the EQ client and server.  Did this all of last night and didn't have a single problem.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:34:16 PM »
Strange that some folks were having issues, while others were not.   I had no issues following the steps GINA posted.  I wonder though, if some users were renaming the config file incorrectly due to Windows hidden file extensions, making the .txt portion invisible.  Or perhaps leaving period on, and just removing the txt portion, which is incorrect as well.

Either way, hopefully GINA can get an update out soon.  I heard it would be sometime this weekend.

See ya in game. :)

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 12:18:26 AM »
The workaround worked for me.  The hardest part was figuring out what directory GINA was running from.  It wouldn't run, so the Task Manager approach wouldn't work.  I ended up searching for the config file, and found two with the same date.  Of the two, I chose the directory that had the newest other file in it, and put the new config file in there.  I don't have file extensions hidden.