Author Topic: Enchanter DPS & ADPS  (Read 191 times)

Drogba

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Enchanter DPS & ADPS
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:00:29 AM »
Ok, so i have noticed that some of our enchanters are casting alliance + 3 dots prior to hitting burns, when i know that the gold standard for top ADPS groups is to get off haze & IOG well before that.

However, i didn't know 'why' this was the case.  So i spent some time talking with a close personal friend, who is one of the best enchanters that i know 'Gotcharms', guild leader of Valhalla on FV & Primal Brood on test server.

Here is what i learned from speaking to him, and most of this is directly from him, his own words:

If burning off the top, at most you want to waste maybe 5 seconds before you're hitting CH/iog and mindslash, so your wizards aren't beating it for 15 seconds while you setup a bunch of shit dots that kill everyone's dps

The ideal setup is, if you're burning off the top of an encounter: have dmg amp aura + mana recip up,cast dicho right before engage, mob gets tashed, pop ITC -> mind tempest -> robe -> iog -> CH -> mindslash -> strangulate -> mind slash -> strangulate -> strangulate -> mindslash -> repeat until itc fades, drop spell amp aura for twincast aura.
Always recast dichotomic the moment it repops.
Always recast Mindslash when it repops to proc synergy.

If all the enchanters in the raid use that lineup,
that robe click gets 10x the use, because its charges get eaten ONLY by mind storm ticks and chromatic haze'd mind slashes

strangulate and deluding constriction eat your chromatic haze charges.
Unless you are watching and timing it beautifully, you don't want to have them  up when you're hitting your big "here's 5m+ dmg in 1 second" button
because if they eat  a charge or two, you've f**ked yourself.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 12:28:13 PM by Drogba »

Drogba

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanter DPS & ADPS
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 03:10:46 AM »
his full walkthrough on Primal Brood can be found here, though it was written prior to RoS:  http://pb.gamerlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11297788&gid=518180
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 01:01:41 PM by Drogba »

Whosyrdaddy

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 08:01:44 PM »
Drog, This is a great post.  I especially loved the link to the chanter's page you were referring.  I love learning new ways to improve myself and other chanters.  I know that I will try this out and I know it will be successful.  I urge the enchanters in FL to read up on this and try it out to make improvements for themselves.

Great post!!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »
Thanks for posting an Enchanter DPS/ADPS guide, Drogba!  I've sticky posted this, so it stands out more.

Team Enchanter (and others!), feel free to reply with your feedback/thoughts as well.  I know our Enchanters co-ordinate and chat in FLCC.  I'm not sure how much discussion goes on around DPS/ADPS though.  So just putting it out there. :)

Thanks! :)