Author Topic: Monk DPS - Ssark version.  (Read 38878 times)

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
Monk DPS - Ssark version.
« on: May 23, 2012, 01:53:14 AM »
Ok, so you're a monk, and you want to move up the DPS parse lists?  Three simple steps:

STEP ONE
Put down the monk, and re-roll a ranger.

STEP TWO
You still reading?  I was serious, re-roll a ranger.

STEP THREE
Clearly you're beyond hope, so we might as well get on with it.  Besides the AA post I've given previously, you'll want to set up a few simple hotkeys as shown below.  These are originally from Derredman, who now plays Minisca a lot (see, he plays a ranger now... he followed Step One, unlike you).

Make sure you put in the right rank of discipline for what you have; for example, if you only have Veilwalker's Synergy Rk. II, only put in "II".  Also map my /doability 7 to wherever your Flying Kick is stored.

For Kicks
Once you have these created, take "Kicks" and put it somewhere in your hotbank.  Why?  Here's what it does:

1. Hits Synergy, which is a nice set of kicks plus it makes the mob more suspectible to your flying kicks for a while

2. Hits Stunning Kick, which if you maxed all the hastened AA, will pop every 9 or 12 seconds.

3. Hits Flying Kick

4. Hits Cloud of Fists

This is mashable.  You hit it every 6 seconds or so, at the very least for the Flying Kick.  You will get messages about certain disciplines not being available, but if you've set up your Main Chat right (to not be visible), you'll never see these.

The Need for Speed
Speed Focus is a level-60s discipline that is still pure gold today.  This social does the following:

1. Hits DMS, which makes all sorts of fun things happen on your special attacks

2. Activates Infusion of Thunder, which should ALWAYS be used with Speed Focus, no exceptions

3. Hits Speed Focus (duh)

4. Hits Veilwalker's (just in case it's available)

5. Hits Stunning Kick

I also tend to hit my epic about this time too, because it kind of makes some sense right about here to me (maybe the proc fires more often with the hastened effect, but it can't hurt).

Also make sure Zan Fi is running -- 30% DPS boost (which I think stacks with IoT, sorry, not the expert I should be on that).

Palming It
Crystalpalm (now Diamondpalm) is a heavy hitter -- you're not faster, but you hit like you were dual-wielding 2HB weapons.  Sweetness!  By now what the macro does should be obvious.

On a shorter fight, I likely sneak in Five Point Palm and Crane Stance during this disc, but I like those better with Ironfist (next macro) if I know I'm going to hit three.

Putting the Iron Hammer Down
This last macro is one of the least useful discipline combos, though it can hit for some of the biggest monkly numbers (I've seen triple 225k -- that's right, 750k damage).  This one:

1. Hits DMS
2. Hits Ironfist (long re-use timer and no hastened, bleh)
3. Hits Veilwalker's
4. Hits Stunning Kick
5. Hits Five Point Palm

Now, on top of this, I hit Crane Stance every time, which has that possibility of 1-3 nice 225k strikes.  Like a good nuker, I do this late in fights, and certainly NOT after a tank swap, as I'm likely to get unwanted attention. :)

10 minute Re-use discipline
Really, we have only one to talk about: Second Spire of the Sensei.  Use it often, use it when you don't need a real burn and you just want a little burst.  Don't forget it's there though. :)

Typical Burn
So given all that, what does a typical burn look like?  Well, if it's good for a monk, it's going to be a long burn, with time for Speed Focus, Crystalpalm and Ironfist.  It'll look something like this:

1. Assist MA and turn autoattack on, and get into position.  Yeah, I know, trivial, but you'd be surprised how often this gets forgotten.

2. Hit Tiger's Balance.  This little gem lasts long enough to make it through the first two burns, and adds a nice little proc.

3. Hit epic, Zan Fi, and the SPEED FOCUS social.  Try not to marvel in the numbers that fly by, concentrate on your melee position (side, back!)

4. Continue to mash Kicks social.

5. When Speed Focus is done, wait for Veilwalker's to clear then hit the CRYSTAL/DIAMONDPALM social.  Marvel in large numbers.

6. If you don't think you're going to have time for Iron Fist, make sure you use Crane Stance and Five Point Palm here.  Otherwise, save 'em.

7. Keep mashing Kicks!

8. Once palming has run its course, and Veilwalker's refreshes, hit the IRON social.  Nail a Crane Stance soon after.

9. More twitching with Kicks.

10. If it's still alive for some reason, trigger Heel of Kojai and mash Kicks like no tomorrow (Flying Kick will refresh once a second).  If Second Spire is up, hit it.

Gear
For DPS, you have the following priorities:

1. Survive.  Get HPs over AC, use 10HP = 1AC.  Mostly you're not tanking on raids, but you will get hit by adds, by AEs, etc.  Don't revel in hSta or hAgi like some monks do (my opinion!), let the gear take care of that.

2. Ferocity.   Get raid legs.  Increases your chance of double or triple attack.  I don't care if they're Convo rot legs, get them.

3. Cleave.   Get raid arms.  You hit a lot, you swing a lot, you're the master of speed.  You're going to crit - a lot.  Crit more.

4. Heroic Strength.   Currently I have +283 heroic Strength, and I'm out for more.  Can never have enough.

5. Raid clicky overhaste.   Group is 8%.  Raid is 16%.  Means more soloing or if there's not a bard in your group.  But it makes a difference.  Spend the 200dkp in Convo and get it.

6. Get behind the mob!   I never understand why all these people want to be on the same side as the tank.  Sometimes I wish they'd put Enrage back in to teach all you youngin's a good lesson.  Don't let it riposte your stuff!  Get behind it and beat its ass, literally!  Surround, left and right, at least.

7. Get your Flying Kick and Kick augs up to max.   Get some Chronos and buy the augs from Zeb in the Void.  Pick gear the maximizes your Flying Kick.  Kick is way less important.

8.  Ask questions.  Don't ever think you know everything.  I sure as hell don't.

Wait, what about...
About what?  Oh, desparation, like Heel of Kojai?  Yeah, if all else fails, I do have a key that looks just like the Crystalpalm key for heel... but rarely use it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:07:31 AM by Ssark »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
Re: Monk DPS - Ssark version.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »
Added Typical Burn section.

Tinyface

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:14:44 AM »
Ok, so you're a monk, and you want to move up the DPS parse lists?  Three simple steps:

STEP ONE
Put down the monk, and re-roll a ranger.

Im glad you know who the real DPS are! :D

Jube

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
Not sure if it makes a difference or not but if you use Drunken Monkey before using other disciplines you will be able to further boost your flying kick in the first 10 seconds of it before it switches to another boost effect.
So sometimes I will use my high dmg crane stance right near the start (after 10% or so)fade then proceed with other combos on burn to take advantage of the fresh Monkey. If I remember I'll even click iron fists off after crane stance just to save endurance.

Minisca

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
Nice guide Ssark!

I didn't see Destructive Force mentioned. On Dman, I like to use it with the main Speedfocus burn...SO LONG AS THERE ARE NO MEZZED ADDS NEARBY. This is a pretty nice DPS booster for short burns.

I would also add in a BP click to your burn info. The newer tunics have a click effect, Six Spirits Fist Technique that lasts 2min so you will want to click this before your social macro sequence. Upon the buff fading, it adds 4 damage mod-ed flying kicks. Those kicks will be boosted by Iron the most followed by Palm and then Kojai. Since you want to click the BP before starting the main DPS social, Speed, it tends to run out during the Palm social. If the fight is shorter than 2 minutes you can manually click off the BP effect early to get those 4 large kicks in. There are a few tricks you can play, as Jube mentioned, by clicking Iron early and then doing crane/5-point/BP buff manual click off. However, I find this to be too much clicking and getting the timing right is tough if you still need to move around.

Also, I would add Second Spire to the Speed burn since it will mod each of your super hasted attacks. I have also found that Kojai tends to be better DPS over its duration than Iron. So, I usually use Iron last on short burns or first on long 5-8min fights. Maybe add a Kojai social macro to the list so you get Drunken in before the disc. My main DPS burn looks like:

Epic click
BP click
Zan Fi
2nd Spire
Speed social macro
Tiger's Balance (2min buff)
Destructive (if applicable-no mezzed mobs nearby)
Kick social macro (several times)
Jab Through (use while waiting for Synergy to refresh)
Palm social macro
Crane
5-Point
Kojai social macro once Synergy is back up
Iron social macro

You pretty much want to spam Flying Kick all the time but especially during Kojai due to its super fast refresh during that disc.

Rogue poisons are also a nice little free DPS boost but make sure you are NOT using the tank ones that have an added hate modifier. Chalandra's fang (May's LoN campaign reward) will summon one poison of your level per day. This is a really nice item to have for melee types and should be acquired by anyone that can play LoN.

-Mini

PS. I wanted to mention that for 10min mini burns I like using the Kojai social macro (13min refresh) mixed with IoT/2nd (7-10min refresh) if they are up and have time to refresh for the real burn. I tend to add Jab Through afterward to finish mini burns.

(edit - Added Jab through and Tiger's)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:34:57 PM by derredman »
Mini

Jube

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 06:32:50 PM »
Also one of the best times I can find to click my BP proc click is during speed focus. BP clicks are on a 2min or 20 procs which ever comes first, so getting the 20 procs off is important to squeeze every point of dmg out possible.
If you click it on a normal burn set you are less likely to get all 20 procs off. The tip should increase your dps by .00001% enjoy (% may be  is made up).

Edit:Turns out it's very unlikely that you will not get your 20 procs off with haste of any kind, I thought the timer was 1 min but its 2. So use it as often as possible on fights that last 2 min or more to get the most out of it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:38:09 PM by Jube »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 12:06:21 AM »
I wanted to add something about Fists of Wu, which increases double attack percentage for the monk's group.  See:

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15608

Essentially:

(skill + level) * 1.x / 500

x = percent increases = aa + worn + spell or disc = 15 + ferocity (18 or more) + 6 (Wu)

The disc in this case (Fists of Wu) is 6%; the ranger predator line is 4%, so Wu's is a tad better.

Level 75 Monk:
[275 + 75] * 1.39 / 500 = 97.3% Double Attack with Fists of Wu
[275 + 75] * 1.37 / 500 = 95.9% Double Attack with Predator
[275 + 75] * 1.33 / 500 = 93.1% Double Attack baseline

Level 80 Monk:
[280 + 80] * 1.39 / 500 = 100.08% Double Attack with Fists of Wu
[280 + 80] * 1.37 / 500 = 98.64% Double Attack with Predator
[280 + 80] * 1.33 / 500 = 95.76% Double Attack baseline

Level 85 Monk:
[280 + 85] * 1.39 / 500 = 101.47% Double Attack with Fists of Wu
[280 + 85] * 1.37 / 500 = 100.01% Double Attack with Predator
[280 + 85] * 1.33 / 500 = 97.09% Double Attack baseline

Level 90 Monk:
[280 + 90] * 1.39 / 500 = 102.86% Double Attack with Fists of Wu
[280 + 90] * 1.37 / 500 = 101.38% Double Attack with Predator
[280 + 90] * 1.33 / 500 = 98.42% Double Attack baseline

Note: Fists of Wu and Predator line only stack for the ATK portion of the buff. When both are in place, the 6% from Fists of Wu overtakes the 4% from Predator, much like chanter haste to shaman haste.

Prediction for Level 95:
[280 + 95] * 1.33 / 500 = 99.75% Double Attack baseline (providing no skill increase)

Now the real question is, what is the DPS increase, and is it worth it?  I haven't parsed to find out... yet.

Ss

Jube

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 11:39:08 AM »
Ssark "Now the real question is, what is the DPS increase, and is it worth it?  I haven't parsed to find out... yet.

Ss"

That's a really good question because I click it often when it's already on eating up some valuable endurance. Would be terrible if it was just a couple dps.

Minisca

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 03:31:32 PM »
From what I remember double attack is maxed for monks, if not all melee classes, with worn Ferocity 5 or higher at level 70.

Edit: Might even be Fero 4 or higher at 70 for monks and Fero 5 or higher for all other melee calsses.

-Mini
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:38:00 PM by derredman »
Mini

Oruatyrim

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »
Based on our new skills and what the Devs did a few updates ago... Reposting a post I made in another forum to maximize monk DPS:

I've noticed there isn't a section for monk burns. Kind of understandable since for the longest time Monks have been left by the wayside over the past 6-8 years when it comes to DPS. Well, thanks to the irc chats and the latest patch it seems the Devs have finally agreed to do something about it. They've put in a few really nice changes for them and I just wanted to let people know about some of them since I'm still active in the monk community.

First Tiger Claw. At some point recently they put Tiger Claw and Flying Kick onto separate timers. You can now use both at the same time. Along with that, they upgraded the max skill level on Tiger Claw to 410 (start skilling up if you haven't noticed yet; and don't worry, it didn't affect your achievements if you already had your "Ashenhand's Specialized Proficiency, lvl 100" achievement already). This was done mainly done for two reasons: 1. The Two Finger Wasp AA line (debuff on mob to make it vulnerable to tiger claw strikes); and 2. To give us another attack to try and boost our dps gap so it was higher than a wet leaf. Time to rebind another key to Flying Kick!

Second. Flying Kick. They boosted the crap out of it, and the rate Thunderkick procs (twincast Flying Kick). During the IRC chats they had strongly suggested that our DPS was going to be made up within the Flying Kick Ability. They didn't lie. Speed Focus and Terrorpalm are no longer the ways to go for maximum dps. I was parsing on my monk and Heel of Zagali killed the other two hands down. I preface with these two topics cause I'm gonna share my new burn line ups and they reflect these new changes.

Right now all I have is my 3-5min burn set up as a 'write up'. I can post something in the future that shows how I convert my 3min burn into a 5-10min burn and even my 10-20min burn. That is.. if anyone cares to hear it. Hell, you may read my burns start to wonder... wtf is this cleric doing trying to tell me anything about DPS? Whatevs... couldn't find any write up for monks, so just trying to fill a gap here. I've never really used hotkeys and multibinds for my monk.. I kind of just clicked things in the right order to maximize dps. But as I've gotten some tells from other monk friends from the years, and others I decided to make some burn keys so it's easier to share what I do.

Ok, as any rogue, zerker, beasty could tell you, Melee dps is all based on the shammy/bard epic, if you have them in your group that is. So after the burn is called this is what I end up doing:

As it's coming to burn time I prep by clicking 3 things before the shm/brd epics:
 Zan Fi's Whistle (5m buff to all dmg)
 VoA/RoF BP (procs to fists, plus on fade procs a big DD to the mob)
 7th Wind (endurance regen)

Sometimes I'll also be ready to hit my epic, but I sometimes also save it as an extra heal if I know it to be an AE heavy fight.

Once my Bard/shm epic AT's go off I hit my first two hotkeys:

HK1~
 /alt act 1235 (Two Finger Wasp)
 /pause 1, /alt act 1361 (2nd Spire)
 /pause 1, /alt act 945 (Infusion of Thunder)
 /pause 1, /disc Drunken Monkey Style Rk. II
 /pause 1, /disc Heel of Zagali Rk. II

(Obviously if you have rk. III you'd do that instead. Also the /pause is there to compensate for server/client lag. If you're especially laggy you can go from 1-5 and it'll cover most cases)

Once I make sure HoZ is running I IMMEDIATELY hit my second Hotkey:

HK2~
 /disc Shadewalker's Synergy Rk. II (big FK, +debuff to all FK's for 30s)
 /pause 1, /disc Crane Stance Rk. II (double mega FK)
 /pause 1, /disc Cloud of Fists Rk. II (Fist Pet proc)

Theses keys get my DMG+ AA's going that stack with everything, turn on Drunken monkey, start Heel, then the important part, get the FK debuff on the mob and nail him with the double FK kicks. Was testing it last night and I kicked 4 times (with twin-kick) for 175k each. And for the next 30s HoZ is going, so the rest of your FK's are gonna be hitting hard.

If you're maxed in your Synergy line timer AA's you'll get another crack at using Synergy while HoZ is still running. Which is nice...

As SOON as HoZ fades (30s disc), I'll activate key 3:

HK3~
 /disc Eagle's Balance Rk. II (adds procs to all your attacks)
 /pause 1, /disc Drunken Monkey Style Rk. II
 /pause 1, /disc Speed Focus Discipline (over, over overhaste)
 /pause 1, Zalikor's Fang (new magic strike same timer as CoFists 1m reuse)

This key not only puts procs on all your attacks, but also makes you attack even faster, getting more procs. It's also a 30s duration and if you follow the bard/shm epic timers (1min), you'll notice you'll get all three of these keys and all these discs during 1 click of their epic.

Once that first minute is done, I'll move into the next series. I don't have hotkeys for the rest because this is the part that will change depending on how long your burn is going for.

Still on a 3min burn:

-Drunken Monkey /disc Drunken Monkey Style Rk. II
 -Terrorpalm /disc Terrorpalm Discipline Rk. II (quad damage line, 30s)
 -Five point palm /alt act 1012 (big dmg punch)
 -Shadewalker's Synergy /disc Shadewalker's Synergy Rk. II

I provided the macro lines in case people want to make a key.

I do these next because once your Terrorpalm is running you'll have just a few seconds left on your BP click. You can either click your BP buff off to trigger the proc, or just let it fade on it's own. Either way, it'll hit during your Terrorpalm, and since it's considered melee dmg, it is effected by Terrorpalm. Also your next Synergy will proc and all your FK's will do more damage during.

Once Terrorpalm fades, I go through the next set of discs:

-Drunken Monkey
 -Jab Through
 -Eye of the storm (when JT fades 1tick)
 -Zalikor's Fang

From this point out it's just Synergy, Synergy, Synergy and Zalikor's fang when it pops.

Also, after Terrorpalm fades since DM is a 50 cycle, and 30s recast, once that first 30s is up, you can start using Vigorous Shuriken for those last 20s, about 3-4 clicks of it (extra 1-3k dmg every 5s depending on your distance from mob)

After EoStorm the mob should be dead. But that's when the next Shm/Brd epic are up. If it gets that far I go into Ironfist Discipline and just let it run it's course. It boosts Zalikor's Fang, Synergy and 8-Step Pattern. Two Finger Wasp will also refresh at the same time as the brd/shm epic, so I'll refresh that during Ironfist too.

Side Note: I rarely use 8step because of the benefits of the FK debuff. Way back in the day I used to rotate Synergy with other monks on the raid so the debuff was always on the mob and others could use the 8step line. But nowadays it's only 1 monk on a raid so, should always be using Synergy because of how much damage we get from Flying Kicks now.

I've provided a spreadsheet showing this line up and the timers/fades if you care to look at it.

------->> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnjlueoORF7YdE1hUkRRbWtVWElqdlZMOFV0Nm5RWHc&usp=drive_web#gid=0 <<--------

For longer fights I will switch up the middle discs and ensure I only click them during shm/brd epic clicks but that's another post for another time if anyone wants me to make one up.

Anyways, Monk DPS has been upped considerably. There are monks posting parses in the 130-140k range for 60s burns. Of course they have really good coordination with the other classes and are in the melee burn groups, but monks aren't completely useless anymore.

Hope this burn line up helps anyone who is struggling on their alt or is wondering about the monk class in general. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, complains; I don't mind hearing them. Anything to help people out as a whole!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:54:38 AM by Oruatyrim »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »
Just so folks know, this write-up from Oruatyrim sums up the changes very well.  A couple of additional notes:

-- Recently, the devs put Eye of the Storm and Swift Reflexes on the same timer.  Since Eye is more suited to long fights, and Swift can save your tail, go with Swift.  As pointed out by another to me, Swift could be cast long before the fight begins, and the timer could pop in time for Eye or another application of Swift should you be hit.

-- On the subject of the Balances.  Several monks at Monkly Business have pointed out that the older discipline Tiger's Balance uses Tiger Claw attacks.  While these attacks are less damage typically than the newer Eagle's Strike provided by Eagle's Balance, the Two-Finger Wasp Touch AA increases these Tiger Claw attacks and hence, a number of them will use Tiger's Balance over Eagle's Balance even though the former is older.  I haven't parsed out to see which is correct.

-- Long or short, you'll get more out of Crane Stance with Ironfist than in combination with any other discipline, including Terrorpalm.  However, Ironfist is practically useless otherwise compared to the others on its own, lasts a while, and has a longer recast (though recent AAs have improved this at long last).  If the fight is relatively short, and you don't see yourself using Ironfist toward the end, it has been recommended (and I agree) to use Ironfist early, hit a Mash Key with Shadewalker's to get the debuff on the mob, then hit Crane Stance for maximum effect.  Click OFF IronFist and continue on with Heel of Zagali as below.

By the way, with Ironfist going, I have seen double and triple 200k+ Crane hits.  That's a lot of damage in a short amount of time, if you get lucky. :)

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 11:13:08 PM »
I've created some GINA / GTT package files that may be useful to monks.  The triggers include:

• Failed Feign Death attempts
  • Two-finger Wasp Touch landed (even if you did not cast) with timer
  • Synergy has landed (even if you did not cast) with timer
  • Zan Fi timer with reminder for you to hit it again

Reminder:

• Two-Finger Wasp Touch is a 1 minute debuff on the mob which makes it more susceptible to Tiger Claw attacks.
  • Synergy is a 3 tick debuff on the mob which makes it more susceptible to Flying Kick attacks.
  • Zan Fi's Whistle is a buff on you which increases Damage Bonuses by 60 (max AA), increases Flying Kick damage bonus by 415, and increases all skills damage modifier by 15%.  It normally lasts 3 minutes with a 7 minute recast time.  However, when coupled with the Extended Ingenuity AA, it lasts for about 5 minutes with a 7 minute reuse timer.

Package Files:

GTT: monk-effects.gtt (untested, please report any errors/changes)
GINA: monk-effects.gtp

Lisard MNK

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 06:25:45 PM »
Monk DPS. L100 CoTF

The way multi-binding works is you bind bunch of diff skills to a particular button so you only have to use(repeatedly press) that single button to use multiple skills.
First I want to start by talking about and explaining Multi-binding of our Abilities that should always be on CD. these Abilities are as follows:

1. Shadewalker's Synergy - Flying kick debuff + 3 Strong Flying Kick attacks that also can proc Thunderfoot.
2. Flying Kick - 1 Flying kick, that can proc Thunderfoot + Technique of Master Wu AA (2-3 extra special attacks)
3. Tiger Claw - 1 Tiger Claw, that can proc Technique of Master Wu AA (2-3 extra special attacks)
4. Stunning Kick - 1 Round Kick + physical Stun to L100 mobs
5.Phantom Partisan/Zalikor's Fang
   5a. Phantom Partisan - 30s cd, Monk pets-DMG is mod-able by Bards
   5b. Zalikor's Fang - 1m cd, Decrease Hitpoints by 10929 + Hand To Hand Attack for 1027 with 10000% Accuracy Mod is mod-able by discs. (Personally i always use this one as its 100% dmg  and i dont have to worry about pets being ramped to death or other factors)

6. Zan Fi Whistle - Increases H2h/Bluntdmg, Increases FK dmg, Increases Hit DMG %. With full AA this should pretty much be up 99% of the time, with a small down time between fade and reuse
7. Drunken Monkey Style  - Increases H2H/Blunt DMG, Increases Special attack DMG
8. Vigorous Shuriken - Ranged Attack that does more dmg the further from your target.
9. Banestrike - 8k nuke

Alright now that is explained. how to Multi-Bind them all so your Getting maximum  dmg without having to press a "million different buttons"

step 1. Open up a unused Hot bar. for Example i use Hot Bar 9.
step 2. Make sure that The new Hot bar you just opened is on and stays on Page 1.
step 3.Place in this order starting in Number 1. (Order is Important)
    1. Shadewalker's Synergy
    2. Flying Kick
    3. Tiger Claw
    4. Stunning Kick
    5. Either Phantom Partisan or Zalikor's Fang
    6. what ever Number 5 you decided not to use.

Now you want to open your Options window, and go to the Keys tab, Select Catagory  and choose your Hotbar (example Hotbar 9) now bind Hot button 1-5 to a number/letter that is easy for you to use without much stress on your hand for example i use the number 2.

You should now look something like this

now when you press 2 one time it will use Synergy, and if you press it twice it will use synergy + FK + TC + Pet/ZF(which ever u chose)
The reason the 6th slot is not bound is because that is there so you can interchange Pets with ZF and or Vice versa Depending on your desire.

Now for your Second Multi-Bind, we are going to use the same Hotbar you chose for the previous multi-bind Explained in this post. and you will place them in this order as order is important starting with number 7 on the hotbar.
      7. Zan FI Whistle
      8. Drunken Monkey Style
      9. Vigorous Shuriken
for this I use the Letter E as my Multi Bind Button to activate these. Repeatedly pressing E will keep Zanfi on me, and Refresh Drunken Monkey Style until i start discing, where Drunken Monkey style wont work while a disc is active repeadedly pressing E during this will instead use Vigorous Shuriken every 6 seconds Until the Disc is finished where it will revert back to using DMS instead. This is why order is important when placing them on the multi-bind.

You should now look like this:

now your probably wondering, what about Banestrike. well i find banestrike needs its own Single separate button, as i have tried adding it but it seems to glitch out other AA activatables in the same Key press. so i added mine to a single hotkey, which i use My razer naga(numpad1)

Now your all set.

Now i wanna talk about Discing. There are many different combinations of discing, the order can change depending on how long the fight is or what your group make up is. but for keeping it simple, Oruatyrim's is pretty straight forward. but Personally unlike Previous posts above, i prefer to have control of my discs rather then combining them into socials.

My current Disc line up is as follows

Prior to Engage: Epic, BP click, Blood Drinkers Coating, Glyph

Try to Time the start of disc with MGB/Shm/Brd

Disc 1: 2nd Spire, Heel of Zagali, Crane Stance

Disc 2: 2nd spire should still be running, Two Finger Wasp touch (this depends on if or if not its alrdy on mob), TerrorPalm, Tiger's Balance, FivePointPalm, (Destructive Force if applicable)

Disc 3: Tiger's Balance should still be running, Infusion of Thunder, SpeedFocus.

Disc 4: Infusion should still be running, Eye of the Storm.

Disc 5: if the fight goes this long, Ironfist, Zalikors Fang, CraneStance, and FivePointPalm if it has refreshed in time.

This is how i usually Disc sometimes i get through all 5 discs sometimes not.

Now a few things you can add, for example Before you Start doing Disc 1, you can actually use 2nd spire, IronFist, and then use Crance stance, click Ironfist off then proceed into Heel. just for the super modded Crane stance.
or if you know its not gonna be a long burn, you can put Infusion of Thunder/2nd spire/Ironfist/Crancestance, then click Ironfist off, and proceed with Heel.

I think that's all for now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:58:04 PM by Lisard MNK »