Author Topic: HoT - House of Thule (Lower) - Ritual of Terror  (Read 9786 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
HoT - House of Thule (Lower) - Ritual of Terror
« on: February 08, 2012, 02:58:13 PM »
    T1 - House of Thule (Lower) - Ritual of Terror

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: House of Thule, Lower

NPC Name: Liss
    NPC Location: Zone-in area

Keyword to Enter: go

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
    Event Key: None
    Event Flag: Mission Welcome to my Nightmare (possibly)

Brief Event Overview

Know your group number please, as we do have to split up for add/mini mob handling.

For this event, we begin by killing some trash lizard troublemakers until they flee and a mini-boss named Kerchak spawns.

Following the death of Kerchak, we must kill seven mini-bosses that spawn one after the other.

During the entire event, other trash adds continuously spawn and must be dealt with.  Groups will be assigned for these.

Once the final mini-boss Grime is dead, our looters will coordinate their temple moves and activate the final FOUR Bosses; one per temple.

As with all the bosses listed above, each have a form of AE, and/or emote we MUST deal with properly.

ALL Trigger information is available in the related Text & Audio Trigger section below.

Any questions, please ask reply to this thread, and/or ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Stage 1 - Lizardmen Trash Adds & Kerchak

Lizardmen disciples and servants are aggro linked in groups of five (one disciple, four servants).  All hit for 14500.

DISCIPLES Mezzable, Stunnable, Rootable.
    (a disciple of fear)  

SERVANTS Mezzable, Stunnable, Rootable.
    (a servant of fear) Frightful Grasp - Single-target Root + 10k DoT

Mini-boss: Kerchak

Once enough lizardmen are killed, an emote appears, and we're able to engage Kerchak the gorilla.

Emote: The Tae Ew not afraid of you anymore! Do not need leadersss that tell us to die for them. We leave! You fight for lossst god of Fear, we go home.

KERCHAK Hits for 16500.
      (gorilla model) AE Ramages (full).  Occasional mem-blur
    Frightful Grasp: Single-target Root + 10k DoT
    Gorilla Glare: Casting interrupt (50% success, single-target), Root + Stun (6s) + 3k DoT (curse 26)
        (Pattern: The massive gorilla's glare shatters your mind)
        Gorilla Roar: 10k DoT PBAE + Stun (3s) (200' range)
        Gorilla Throw: 30k DD + Knockback (single-target).

Note: 90 second delay between Kerchak's death and the spawn of the first mini named.

Related Lore upon Kerchak death:

The Archon of Anxiety shouts, 'They have defeated the great guardian! We must finish the ritual quickly!'
    The Diviner of Dread shouts, 'It is open! Despair, Norrath, for endless terror awaits you!'
    The Templar of Terror shouts, 'Ah! Welcome to Norrath, most terrible one! Feast upon the terror of the fools at your feet!'
    The Boogeymonster shouts 'I bring to you terror!'

Fear Adds:

Following Kerchak's death, Fear adds spawn one at a time (every 60-90 seconds), until the event ends.  Later on, when Grime is dead, the interval decreases to every 50 seconds.
    • Hit for 15000.
    • Four types, and they mez players: fetid fiend, phantasm, scareling, spider.
    • Various AEs on some (ie, Wave of Leprous Terror: 8k AE DD/2.8k DoT + snare (80' range)).
    • Some stunnable.
    • Non-mezzable.
    Note: These possibly spawn near CT zoneline, top of ramp.

Stage 2 - The Seven Mini-bosses

Shortly after Kerchak dies, each of the following named spawn one at a time after each dies.

Quick Overview:
    • All hit for 17500
    • Various AEs (details below).
    • No special melee abilities, except for Grime who Single-Target rampages.

Mob        Details
    BOOGEYMONSTER Frightful Grasp: Single-target Root + 10k DoT
    (The Boogeymonster) Boogey Root: Root + 2k DoT (Targeted AE, 100')

* Required Actions
        PALADINS: SPLASH to help counter both AEs.

FRIGHTFLINGER Banishes random targets to northwest waterfall
    (The Frightflinger) Frightful Grasp: Single-target Root + 10k DoT
      Vampiric Link: 7k DoT (curse 30 counters, Lifetap 100')

* Required Actions
        PALADINS: SPLASH to remove DoT (Vampiric dot may be broken atm).
        Casters & Healers: Max range

TERROR Piercing Wound: 20k DD + 10k DoT + Melee Inhibit 70% + Snare (single-target, corr 30)
    (The Tentacle Terror Mentor) Phobonull: Dispells (targeted AE 150')

* Required Actions
        Targets players, dispells everyone around them!
        React to trigger and RUN AWAY so you don't dispell us all!
        Main Tank: Hotkey /rs /ooc /shout TANK EMOTED RUN AWAY! For use when emoted.

THOUGHTLEADER Forced Displacement: Shadowstep (single-target)
    (The Thoughtleader) Follow the Leader: Charm (single-target)

* Required Actions
        N/A

TOAD Toad Terror: Fear (targeted AE 100')
    (The Turbulance Toad) Storm of Blood: 15k DD PBAE + 18k DoT + ATK Slow 130% (300' range)
      Blood Chill: Increase Cold spell DMG taken 1-300% + 3k DoT, cold -800 resist debuff (disease 40 counters)

* Required Actions
        React to emotes!

QUEEN Frightful Grasp: Single-target Root + 10k DoT
    (The Spinefreezer Queen) Spine Freeze: Increase Fire spell DMG taken 1-300% + 25k DD + 1k DoT, fire -800 resist debuff (corr 25)
    (adds: a spinechiller spider) Spiders mez players.

* Required Actions
        Assigned group(s) assist your MA on adds.
        Paladins Splash
        Use Corruption cures to remove Spine debuff
        React to emotes!

GRIME Frightful Grasp: Single-target Root + 10k DoT
    (Grime the Amygdalan General) Sweeping Strike: 40k DD (Frontal arc, 50' range)
      Rear Guard: 35k DD + Knockback (Back Arc, 50' range)
      Blood Burn: HP DoT (incremental dmg increases over time, 36 poison counters, single-target)

* Required Actions
        MELEE: AVOID FRONT & BACK ARC - Big DD DMG
        MELEE: Attack SIDES.
        Paladins Splash
        Temples must be activated within 20 sec, or penalty adds.
        Blood Burn may have a warning emote (report if so please).

Glyphs & Temple Activation

* Lead: Ssark
    * By assignment: Soandso, Soandso ... TBA/prepped (by lead).

Each of the 7 mini-bosses drops a Glyph.  When a Glyph is looted, the person may be emoted revealing one of the temple named in the message.  Each Glyph is used to turn off the damage aura at the associated temple.

Four of the Glyphs will emote.  Three Glyphs will not (and have no use).  Grimes Glyph is never required.

All of the Glyphs are droppable (to allow trading if needed).

When Grime dies, four players who have useful Glyphs must coordinate together and all run to the temple named that goes with their glyph.  This will turn off the damage aura and activate the named at each temple.

Failure to activate the temple named within 20 seconds of Grime's death results in several adds spawning.  Adds will continue to spawn every few seconds as long as the temple named aren't aggro'd.

Grime death emote for 20 second start: Diviner of Dread shouts 'I warned you that this would happen! The first of our defenses is down!'

Mob     Glyph
    The Boogeymonster Glyph of the Nightcreep
    The Frightflinge Glyph of the Twicedead
    The Tentacle Terror Mentor Glyph of the Engulfing Menace
    The Thoughtleader Glyph of the Blind Eye
    The Turbulance Toad Glyph of the Unrest
    The Spinefreezer Queen Glyph of the Innaction
    Grime, Amygdalan General Glyph of the Horror

Emotes & Spells

Whoever loots a useful glyph will see an emote and will have a (one-time) spell cast upon them:

Archon of Anxiety
    Emote: I do not fear that trinket, Soandso. And I DO know the meaning of fear. Here's a lesson for you!
      Unholy Terror: HP DoT incremental + Root + Silence + ATK Speed decrease 300% (Curse 30)

Cenobite of Fear
    Emote: You shall not live long enough to use that, Soandso! From Cazic's heart I stab at thee!
      Distant Heart Strike: 30k DD + 5k DoT + Heart Seizure (on fade, 60k DD + Stun (3s) + FD), (disease 30 counters)

Diviner of Dread
    Emote: I foresaw that you, Soandso, would recognize that for what it is. It would be best if you were to throw it into the river.
      Future Pain: 50k DD

Templar of Terror
    Emote: So, you want to take me on? That works for me. Come over here where I can get at you, Soandso!
      Grasping Hand of Terror: 5k DoT + Push (pulls player towards the temple), (Curse 30 counters)

Successful Activation Emotes

Templar of Terror shouts 'Finally, they are free to enter our temples! Come, fight us if you dare! I long to taste your blood.'

Diviner of Dread shouts 'You've interfered enough!'

Cenobite of Fear shouts 'You've interfered enough!'

Archon of Anxiety shouts 'You've interfered enough!'

Time Elapsed Emotes

You'll see the following emotes if you let too much time pass between Grime's death and temple activation:

Cenobite of Fear shouts 'Ah, they think to leave me alone, then I shall add my power to the rift! It will become permanent soon enough!'

Templar of Terror shouts 'They fear me too much to fight me. I am free to empower the gate!'

Archon of Anxiety shouts 'None of the intruders are near. I shall channel the faith of our followers into the gate!'

Diviner of Dread shouts 'I knew I would have this moment free. I shall entice power to the gate! I will bring more creatures through, which will strengthen the gate.'

* Note: For each single emote, an additional penalty add spawns.

GTT Imports

The triggers below are for players assigned with glyph duty.  Triggers cover:
    • Timer overlay indicating associated glyph to temple based on your emote message.
    • Grime death emote, with 20 second countdown timer overlay, and sound.
    • Time elapsed emotes.
    All in one: hot-rot-glyph-handlers.gtt

Audio File: Alert5.wav

Feerrott Map with Temple /locs included: feerrott2_2.txt

Locs below if you wish to manually add them instead:
    [/list]
    Code: [Select]
    P 175.8862, 1076.2860, 30.7683,  127, 0, 0,  3,  DREAD_(Raid)
    P -67.1918, 833.4680, 30.6029,  127, 0, 0,  3,  ANXIETY_(Raid)
    P -314.3640, 604.1302, 76.9466,  127, 0, 0,  3,  TERROR_(Raid)
    P -392.3718, 839.1530, 30.6029,  127, 0, 0,  3,  FEAR_(Raid)

Stage 3 - Temple Bosses

The temple bosses detailed here.

Quick Overview:
    • Hit for 19000.  No special melee abilities.
    • Various AEs (details below).
    • Must be kept aggro'd and inside their temples.
    • All four must die within 40 minutes of Grime's death.
    • Kill order doesn't matter.
    • Leashing will cause HP to reset to 100%.

Mob        Details
    Archon of Anxiety Unholy Terror: HP DoT incremental + Root + Silence + ATK Speed decrease 300% (Curse 30, single-target)
      Barrier of Terror: Self-buff Defensive proc Boundless Fear (fear proc)

* Required Actions
        Curse cures for Unholy Terror
        Paladins Splash

Cenobite of Fear Shin Kick: 30k DD + Snare (single-target)
      Blinding Whirlwind Strike: 10k DD + Blind (PBAE 150' range)
        Distant Heart Strike: 30k DD + 5k DoT + Heart Seizure (on fade, 60k DD + Stun (3s) + FD), (disease 30 counters, single-target)

* Required Actions
        Casters/Healers max range to avoid Whirlwind

Diviner of Dread Divine Prediction: Self Buff Increase Chance to Dodge by 30%
      Future Sight: Self Buff Increase Chance to Dodge by 90%
      Tunnel Vision: Decrease Chance to Dodge by 1000%
      Divine Horror: Swarm froglok pets 3x for 25s
      Dread's Past: 20k DD + 9k DoT + Root (PBAE 175' range)
      Future Pain: 50k DD

* Required Actions
        Casters/Healers max range to avoid PBAE

Templar of Terror Grasping Hand of Terror: 5k DoT + Push (pulls player towards the temple), (Curse 30 counters, single-target)
      Unholy Aura: 15k DD + Decrease heals by 50% + Reverse DS 300 pts (sit to remove)

* Required Actions
        React to emotes!

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory
    ALL STAGES - Mandatory

I'm covering the biggies here.  Tanks, there's one more in addition to these further below that you need.

ALL-IN-ONE Trigger File: hot-rot-main-raid-trigs.gtt

Audio Files:
    runaway.wav
    * silence-curse-cure.wav
    * curruption-cure-with-runaway.wav

* denotes a new audio file created for this event.

Note: Glyph handlers, your trigs are seperate from these; as outlined prior and/or via PM.

Distant Heart Strike: Cenobite of Fear - MAIN TANKS

Distant Heart Strike: 30k DD + 5k DoT + Heart Seizure (on fade, 60k DD + Stun (3s) + FD), (disease 30 counters, single-target)

Setup a hotkey for /gs  DISEASE CURE NOW!!

Trigger File: hot-rot-main-tanks-trigs.gtt

Audio File: * disease-cure.wav
    « Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:58:47 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
    • Pies Anonymous
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
    Re: HoT - House of Thule (Lower) - Ritual of Terror
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:46:58 PM »

First attempt Thurs, February 9, 2012:

Three attempts.  Overall, good progress in sizing up, and reaching glyph stage.

Prepped /rs caller(s) via PM for the mini-bosses (stage 2); to help AE reactions/acclimation.

Everyone please ensure that you have our GTT imports installed for this event.  As mentioned in the strat post, there are several Targeted AEs that require proper reactions.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
    • Truly Wakko
      • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
      • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
      • View Profile
      • Wakko on Wikipedia
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 09:54:49 AM »
    More good attempts last night.  Fear adds group seemed just about perfect / up to the task.  7 Minis and lizard trash handled very well.  On the last attempt, we disengaged just fine, and did a good position transition to the final setup.

We think we know what the problem is for 4 final bosses.  We will need to recruit four people similar to what we do with the Tick Tock rooms.  Those people will need the optional glyph loot .GTT file downloaded and tested, and will need the map coordinates working (or know all four temples and their bosses).

BTW, this is the last phase of the raid, the 4 bosses.  It's not easy, but not too many more tricks to learn.  We're closer than you might think.

Looking forward to the next attempt.

Ssark

Remdayen

• Slacker
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
    Just a note on the adds that were being tanked tonight by Group 6. Once the minis were done and the temples were engaged by the tanks. I was tanking one of  wisp mobs (forgot the actual name) I got summoned to one of the temples and had some sort of crud that would not allow me to move from the temple, died the first time I got knocked back, I tired to cure but somehow did not work. Second time on a wisp mob got knocked back again and  I waited on the crud to go and was able to run back and tank the adds again.

Furro

• Global Moderator
    • Pies Anonymous
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 07:24:03 PM »
    Just a note on the adds that were being tanked tonight by Group 6. Once the minis were done and the temples were engaged by the tanks. I was tanking one of  wisp mobs (forgot the actual name) I got summoned to one of the temples and had some sort of crud that would not allow me to move from the temple, died the first time I got knocked back, I tired to cure but somehow did not work. Second time on a wisp mob got knocked back again and  I waited on the crud to go and was able to run back and tank the adds again.

Mistatk got ported on Dread engage right off as well.  Ranger WS'd briefly until MT was back in range.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:24:16 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
    • Pies Anonymous
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »

Defeated Thursday, February 23, 2012:

Nice work everyone.  Very clean, well executed.  We didn't spend alot of time on this event in fact; a tribute to your raid focus and discipline.

This win unlocks our ability to request T2 HoT raids.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 07:27:01 PM by Furro »