Author Topic: UF - Convorteum - E6: Magus Sisters  (Read 6641 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
UF - Convorteum - E6: Magus Sisters
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:43:57 PM »

Convorteum - Event 6: Magus Sisters
[/size]

Zone & Instance Info

Zone: Convorteum

NPC Name: Grif Iceblock
NPC Location: At the zone-in of Convorteum

Keyword to Enter: ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: Convorteum (Group zone, /ach Appease the Gatekeeper & Unlock the Mystery)
Event Key: None
Group Mission: (refer above, Convorteum group zone access required)
Event Flag: Raid Flag: Audience with Brell Serilis

Note: Limited Piggy spots available based on number of flagged players in raid at the time.

* Minimum PIG requirements to attend:

- Must have access to the Convorteum zone through group progression.

Brief Event Overview and Strat

For this event, we must tank FOUR Magus Sisters simultaneously; while dealing with their AE's and special EMOTE/DT style mechanic.  There are no adds.

Each Sister must be killed within within 1 minute of each other.

The EMOTE/DT Mechanic works as follows:

Every Sister casts 'Energy Wave', a 20k DD AE periodically.

At timed intervals, EACH Sister targets and casts a unique debuff on SIX players nearby.

The debuff effect make THAT particular sisters 'Energy Wave" AE do DT like DMG.  However, the 'Energy Wave' AE from ANY OTHER Sister will REMOVE your debuff, and you only take 20k DD damage.

So, the idea is, when you are hit by the debuff, you MOVE to another Sister, your debuff is removed, and you move back and resume your role.

TANKS will get emoted as well, and require SWAPs so they can move to the other sister and survive.  Tanks must setup proper SWAP hotkeys please.

Know your group number please, as we're splitting the raid in two sections.  Each side will alternate between their two sisters to remove the debuff if targeted.

We will take each Sister down to 5% and co-ordinate with a kill call so they die within the 1 minute time frame.

ALL Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.

Any questions, please ask reply to this thread, and/or ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Magus Sisters - Overview

• All hit for 18000

• perma-rooted

• Each have specific AE's, and Emotes (details in related sections below).

• Must contend with all simultaneously.
* Important:  The actions areas are only covering the AEs.  The Emote/Switching I'll explain in a seperate area for clarity.

spacer             spacer     spacer               spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer          spacer               spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer               spacer     spacer     spacer     spacer     
One Side of the Room:       

Therias        Virulent Pustules - 5k + Viral on fade: Contagious Pustules (bard window, disease 35 cntrs)
  Energy Wave - 20k DD (200' range)
    Therias' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485 (any other sister Energy Wave AE will remove this buff)

Feonyss Virulent Pustules - 5k + Viral on fade: Contagious Pustules (bard window, disease 35 cntrs)
    Feonyss' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485 (any other sister Energy Wave AE will remove this buff)

* Required Actions
    Same actions for both Therias/Feonyss:
    Cleric/Druids - Cure ward rotation if assigned this side.
    Paladins assigned this side, splashes will help remove DoT.

Other Side of Room:

Daphris Scorching Beam - 18k DD FRONTAL Arc
    Daphris' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485 (any other sister Energy Wave AE will remove this buff)

* Required Actions
    Everyone avoid FRONT of Daphris

Selistras Selistras' Curse of Ineptitude - 300% Spell Slow + 80% Melee Slow (curse 16 cntrs)
    Selistras' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485 (any other sister Energy Wave AE will remove this buff)

* Required Actions
    Paladins - Splashes will remove the Curse

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory
[/size]

ALL Classes - Mandatory

Debilitating Energy debuffs.  React to trigger and switch sister when yours trigger fires.

AEs:
Therias' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485
Feonyss' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485
Daphris' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485
Selistras' Debilitating Energy - Increase Spell DMG: 112485

ALL-IN-ONE Trigger File: cv-e6-lashes.gtt

Audio Files: Audio File: other-sister.wav

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:57:27 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: UF - Convorteum - E6: Magus Sisters
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:22:16 AM »

Adjusts: EVERYONE
  • Ssark / Borean mentioned the trigger pattern is incorrect.  It was picking up everyone else still.
    • Pattern should be: You are surrounded by debilitating energy

• Updated the related GTT file.  Delete your old one, import the new one

• When emoted YOU SHIFT to your OTHER sister -- Continue your role AT THAT SISTER until emoted again; requiring a shift back.
  • DPS Tranq. Blessing BURN will be setup for the engage.  Ssark/Minisca coordinating via FLDPS:DPS channel

Adjusts: TANKS

• Isolate communication for our tank swaps into two channels (1 for each pair of sisters).
  • Assigned tanks operate and direct your swap key info into the related channel and /say.
    Sisters to Channel:Password

Therias & Feonyss = thefeon:thefeon
    Daphris & Selistras = dapsel:dapsel
    [/list]
    Tanks please refer to the Freelance Tank Communication 101 post for setup.

TANK ASSIGNMENTS

You're assigned in a lineup to tank a Sister initially.  This is just a STARTING POINT.  We have to start somewhere on the engage.

For example:  Here's a potential prep setup.  Pairs seperated.

G1, 5 = Therias  = Mistatk, Luthernhamner, Huevos
    G2, 6  = Feonyss = Ribbitting, Buukala, Ssark'

G3, 7  = Daphris = Luvumlevem, Darkenvoid, Minisca
    G4, 8  = Selistras = Rolynholy, Persephonae, Balthizal

Scenario1:   Following the first emote; several tanks are emoted and move to the other sister.
        Mistatk gets emoted (dies because he doesn't see or react in time /zing! Way to blow it btw).

Ribbitting gets emoted, moves to other sister.  Now Ribbitting has to be prepared to tank that sister IF that active tank gets emoted.

Now in case you're wondering "Uh, wth Furro?  There are tanks assigned there already ...".   My answer is no.  You can't count on any tanks being there.  The initial tanks have shifted most likely and are now at the other sister.  It's up to YOU to react and pick up agro when you see the tank swap message in /say.

Scenario2:   Following the first emote; several tanks are emoted and move to the other sister.
        Mistatk, Luthernhamner, Huevos are emoted!  OMG!  All three tanks!  ./q

Rarely all tanks on one sister will be emoted (this happened a couple times the one night due to the incorrect trigger I believe mainly; or near the wipe point when sisters had no others to choose from).

What to do when it happens: Normal procedure applies

1) You hit your /say swap hotkey, and you DROP ALL AGGRO. 
        2) IF after a couple seconds you don't see someone grab aggro off you.  You STILL DROP ALL AGGRO, and RUN to the other sister. 

If you don't RUN, YOU WILL DIE.  It's that simple.  When it happens and you die, we've lost you as a tank completely.   You're better off to drop aggro, hope a melee picks it up temporarily, as other tanks emoted at the other sister are inbound most likely.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:02:25 AM by Furro »

Luthernhamner

• Slacker
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
      • Email
    « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 11:53:22 PM »
    I hope this is the right place.  I don't see any other replies.  I just have a couple of comments from last weeks attempt.  The first is kind of obvious, if they didn't summon this event would be trivial. 
    Second, on one of the rounds I was tanking and didn't get the emote, so I don't think it is tied to either aggro or proximity. 
    Also someone mentioned that once emoted you need to move to the next mob until emoted again.  If this is true we may be better off moving ccw then switching back and forth.
    Lastly, because the sisters do summon, its more about next tank grabbing agro than the first one losing it.  If the first tank simply fades, the 2nd person on the hate list gets summoned. 
    It might be easier to just plan on switching tanks every emote rather than watching the chat window for a message from the first tank saying they are emoted.
    I realize I dont have all the answers, but wanted to post my observations

Furro

• Global Moderator
    • Pies Anonymous
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:00:32 AM »
    I hope this is the right place.  I don't see any other replies.  I just have a couple of comments from last weeks attempt.  The first is kind of obvious, if they didn't summon this event would be trivial. 

My adjust reply from earlier this week is just above your post.  If you missed it (not being sarcastic btw).

Second, on one of the rounds I was tanking and didn't get the emote, so I don't think it is tied to either aggro or proximity. 

Each sister randomly targets 6 players.  We'll just deal with the fact that players get emoted, and nm the method for now.  Knowing can allow different workarounds is why I was hoping it'd reveal itself from our prior attempt.   

Also someone mentioned that once emoted you need to move to the next mob until emoted again.  If this is true we may be better off moving ccw then switching back and forth.

The way we're doing this atm is when you're emoted, you move to the other sister.  When that sister AE's, it'll remove your debuff and you won't die.  You stay at that sister continue your role; if/until/when you are emoted again requiring a shift back to your other sister.

Lastly, because the sisters do summon, its more about next tank grabbing agro than the first one losing it.  If the first tank simply fades, the 2nd person on the hate list gets summoned. 

Aye on grabbing agro vs fading.  However, my main stress point for all tanks is that failure to fade/drop agro to move and the debuffed tank will die guarranteed.  It's better to fade and survive, then wait on another tank to gank agro off ya properly imo; at least for this particular event due to the mechanic (DT effectively given the size of the DD).

It might be easier to just plan on switching tanks every emote rather than watching the chat window for a message from the first tank saying they are emoted.
    I realize I dont have all the answers, but wanted to post my observations

If I read you correctly, you are suggesting a swap on every emote, regardless if that MT is emoted or not.  I'd rather not swap tanks unless they are emoted.  Sometimes a tank will get lucky and avoid an emote round.  That's a freebie imo to hold their ground (especially when discs are running).

So quick recap:

You're emoted, hit your swap key few times, and then hit balefire imo and RUN to the other sister.

Whoever ends up tanking the sister you left; be it a Ranger (can pop WS), or a monk (has discs to pop), or another tank emoted at other sister just coming in range can gank agro when they see a non-tank on the sisters target.

The channel isolation for your pair of sisters to assigned tanks for that side will reduce all the crosstalk from the other side.  Not just that, visually, you'll see who's around the sister you're at tank wise.  You'll see who's on target also and can gank off them if it's not a tank.  Lots of options.

Furro

• Global Moderator
    • Pies Anonymous
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 11:17:21 PM »

Defeated Saturday, April 21, 2012.

Furro

• Global Moderator
    • Pies Anonymous
    • freelance raider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »

Adjusts: TANKS

• Isolate communication for our tank swaps into two channels (1 for each pair of sisters).
    • Assigned tanks operate and direct your swap key info into the related channel and /say.
      Sisters to Channel:Password

Therias & Feonyss = thefeon:thefeon
      Daphris & Selistras = dapsel:dapsel
      [/list]

Use /say only for this event instead of the paired channels.

Just make sure please that you have TANK SWAP! set in /say exactly, otherwise it will not trigger for nearby tanks and that defeats the entire purpose.

From the logs, I noticed not everyone had this setup correctly.

luv

• Slacker
      • freelance raider
        • View Profile
        • Email
      « Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 03:29:19 AM »
      He he finally found my pass word. Read and understood lot clearer now reading chats. Good info furro