Author Topic: Open CoA raid Saturday 28th 1pm EST (Updated)  (Read 13599 times)

Faalzar

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Open CoA raid Saturday 28th 1pm EST (Updated)
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »
Edit3: Raid on the 14th was good. Another tomorrow 21st, same time

Edit2: Raid on the 7th was a huge success! Doing it again on the 14th, same time.

Edit: This has been updated, mostly regarding loot rules, which are now all random 1k

Hello all you freelance raiders!

I welcome you all to an open CoA raid, hosted by myself and my guild Seeds of Legends this coming Saturday at 1pm EST, in the style of many raids most of you have prolly been on in PoTime.

This is not an official freelance raids, but after talking with Furro, he gave me the OK to post here and invite you all. This raid will not  give you any lockout timers for anything freelance will do for now (Furro says after Tacvi is clear on farm that he will focus on COA/Tacvi). The raid will also be done well before freelance GoD raids start on Saturday.

The purpose of this is threefold:

1: My guild fields about 25 solid people on raid, but after getting flagged with an alliance guild that broke off, we are too few to do any of the bosses.

2: Cater to the people that are on Euro-time/cannot make late night US raids for whatever reason.

3: Give even more raids for the people who wish it. Myself, and about a group worth of my guildies, regularly attend freelance raids after our own normal raids.

If you are still interested, here is some important info.

- Chat Channel: /join OpenCoA

- We are meeting in WoS, outside COA.

- You most probably will need to be flagged to attend. Seeds have about 3-4 unflagged that we can get in ourselves. That leaves about 3-5 piggy slots, depending on turnout.

- The raid will be led by me so any questions you may have, feel free to post here, send me a tell or a mail.

Loot (Changed)

We'll go by the same system Freelance uses. /random 1k on all loots. 1 loot per RL person. (NOT counted on freelance raids later in the day)

If this interests you, please let me know either here or in game somehow so I can get some idea, but you can of course only show up as well if you find out saturday morning you want to come.

We will meet 12:45 pm est to form up and raid start at 1pm given we are enough to attempt bosses, so spread word to your friends so that we can:)

Faalzar (wiz) / Skaldine (bard)
Raidleader and officer of Seeds of Legends
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:33:36 PM by Faalzar »

Arthursuen

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • MSN Messenger - arthur_914@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Open CoA raid Saturday 30th 1pm EST
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 09:21:56 AM »
How about the Augments drop in CoA....I will suggest its ALL ALL roll
ARTHURSUEN    Warrior
SAKUYAHIME    Shaman

Faalzar

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 02:34:55 PM »
Oh yes, I only thought of those afterwards. Everyone rolls on augs.

sharran

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
i'll be tagging along. i don't need an orb so thats one more for those that do :)

btw you MUST have handed in all 7 signets even to get into coa as a piggy.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 09:28:52 PM »
sharran wrote:

btw you MUST have handed in all 7 signets even to get into coa as a piggy.

Just noting here also that, in addition to above, even as a piggy you can't loot any drops in CoA except for the backflag piece.  Of course it's worth it for the backflag piece, just mentioning at any rate. :)

- Furro
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:35:35 PM by Furro »

Breniar

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »
It's great to see invitations like these from guilds.  However, I forsee some angry raiders when loot time comes!

Arthursuen

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 02:30:35 AM »
Btw, that will be rushed the raid schedule to my guild on CoA raid, my guild is currectly raid Anguish on Sunday or Monday night, so that I may absent for your open raid. So is there any channel for the Anguish raid or still announce in freelance channel?lets make it more clear and everything set it up prefectly.
ARTHURSUEN    Warrior
SAKUYAHIME    Shaman

Faalzar

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 04:05:17 PM »
It's great to see invitations like these from guilds.  However, I forsee some angry raiders when loot time comes!

I'd be happy to hear some other solutions, if you have any, though I doubt we'll do all random. If this turns out to be a big no no to people, we will have to reconsider ;)

I think Furro would like to keep freelance for strictly freelance.

Edit: Chat channel for these raids is: OpenCoA
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:35:16 PM by Faalzar »

sharran

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »
I think its a reasonable solution to the problem. Seeds will be 50% of the raid (and the raid wouldnt happen at this stage without them) so the loot is split 50/50. Naturally Seeds members wont be rolling on the Freelance loot. I can fully understand Furro wanting to keep it all Freelance and i would tag along even if it was just you guys.
This is just for the interim. as soon as Freelance can man a CoA raid then this sort of raid wont be happening. Like i say i'd be along even if it was just Freelance and I shall be helping on MPG trials to get as many Freelance people flagged as possible  :)

Sharran/Meduser/Melph   member of SoL and Freelance raiders

"Live well , laugh often , love much"

Breniar

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007, 06:50:58 PM »
I'd be happy to hear some other solutions, if you have any, though I doubt we'll do all random.

IMO if the rules are put out clearly, as you have done, then it's all fair and it's up to the player to decide if they want to go then.  Short of a /random system the one you have is probably the best.  My previous comment was only on the many ugly scenerios these reserved loot systems can bring about.  Such as a uber plate chest going to a Seeds lvl 70 alt cleric instead of the lvl 75 warrior main from freelance, who has zero chance of winning the item, who could get much more use from it.  It's all fair of course but people still get mad when that happens.  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 06:52:44 PM by Breniar »

Faalzar

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »
Heheh, I see that sometimes, but I can guarantee that our first real loots from anguish won't go to some alt (neither on the 10 next raids either for that matter) ;)

sharran

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »
wont be happening. i passed on an upgrade the other day bcause the focus effect was useless to me, the seeds that will be raiding are all of this opinion so nothing like that will be occuring  :)

Faalzar

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Open CoA raid Saturday 7th 1pm EST (NEW)
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 11:33:52 PM »
This has now been updated.

Changed rules to /random 1k on everything. 1 loot per RL person per raid.

Arthursuen

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 09:08:42 AM »
Basicially /ran 1k rule is the most simple and fair way to assign loot on open raid.

Its also hard to identify which item assign to Seed or freelance's member.so I will suggest ALL ALL Roll is the best method.
ARTHURSUEN    Warrior
SAKUYAHIME    Shaman

Faalzar

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007, 11:21:04 AM »
We've had successes with that kind of loot system in the past, and it's worked great, but yeah...we're gonna be doing it real open raid style to get even more people to come.

Thanks for replies :)