Author Topic: RoF - Kael - The Madness of King Tormax  (Read 12641 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
RoF - Kael - The Madness of King Tormax
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:51:48 PM »
Kael - The Madness of King Tormax

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Kael Drakkel

NPC Name: Noble Helssen
NPC Location: Southern part of the zone, en route to the throne room to King Tormax.

Keyword to Enter: go

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flag: None

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

* Mandatory Audio/Text GTT Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.

For this event, we take down the Crystal of Fear to spawn minibosses and adds while dealing with their special mechanics.

We begin by non-damage off-tanking King Tormax (we DO NOT KILL him!  Do not DPS him at all.  Slows/debuffs only).

Throughout the event tiny disruption shards spawn but must not be killed.  Their AE is used later to interrupt Yelinaks AE.  A team will be designated in this area.

When adds are up, the Crystal does a push-back + DD.  STAY AWAY FROM IT, and ASSIST MA please.

PET Owners: Please watch your pet is not on the wrong mob.  Thanks.

CRYSTAL 75% - DAIN and FOUR ADDS spawn.

Assigned players ROOT PARK the adds WEST area (not near KT MT); remaining DPS assist MA and short burn Dain down FIRST (because of the banishes), then clean up adds.

At timed intervals, Dain banishes THREE players to the arena filled with KoS wolves.

Players banished to arena are ROOTED and SNARED, which breaks INVIS.  Immediately FADE to escape any aggro; RE-INVIS, then leave the arena when root fades, and return to raid.  If you die in the arena, new arrivals without aggro can drag your corpse en route back to the raid.

* Until we remove Dains HUGE DAMAGE SHIELD, please WAIT for MA call to engage.

CRYSTAL 50% - Yelinak spawns; directional AEs in play.

WAIT for assist call; to allow for proper positioning.

Yelinak will be TURNED by the MT during Directional AEs to prevent them from hitting us.

CRYSTAL 15% - DAIN + ADDS + YELINAK

Same mechanics and tactics in play for each of these bosses/adds as before.

WAIT for assist call; to allow for proper positioning.

DO NOT DAMAGE DAIN until MA calls on you to do so.  This is to prevent early banishes as we kill Yelinak FIRST.

ALL Trigger information is available on the forums, Upcoming Events & Strategy section, Kael - King Tormax post at: forums.eqfreelance.net

Any questions, please ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Crystal of Fear

When adds/bosses are up, the Crystal does a push-back + DD which prevents DPS:

Crystal Gravitation, Push pattern ref:  You are repulsed by the crystal.
Crystal Resonance, DD  pattern ref:  Your strength is drained by the crystal of fear.

Dain Frostreaver IV

Dain's Defense Breaker 4000 DS, 50% Melee Haste + Strikethrough (we will remove this, DPS wait for MA call before engaging please).
Armored Roll - 40k PBAE DD (70' range).
Dain's Skull Cracker - 40k DD + Stun (single-target).
Frenzied Blow - 10k DD (single-target).

Lord Yelinak

Listing the AEs ONLY for completeness.  MT will turn Yelinak at our pin location to prevent them from hitting us.  Just remember we are shoulder pinning in a shallow corner (refer to diagram for our pin location)

FRONT - Chilling Breath - 25k DoT + MELEE/SPELL SLOW (50 curse counters cure).
BACK - Tail Thunder - BACK, 22k DD + Stun.
SIDES - Wing Gust - 20k DD + Pushback/up (100' range).

Explosion AE and Disruption Shard Team

An emote warns of the pending Icerain Explosion AE.  Our Shard Team is to move a disruption shard crystal near Yelinak to interrupt the AE.  Each successful interrupt destroys the tiny crystal.

Icerain Explosion - 100k DD (300' range).

The disruption shard AE is HARMFUL to us as well.  Do not be near the parked shards (refer to diagram).

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

These emotes require FAST REACTIONS.  Do not hesitate when emoted, react immediately!

* Replace YOUR_NAME with your character name for the Begone banishment to arena emote.

GTT Everyone: - rof-kael-king-tormax.gtt

SHARD TEAM ONLY - rof-kael-king-tormax-shard-team.gtt

Supplimental Triggers for TANKS ONLY - rof-kael-king-tormax-tanks.gtt

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:54:05 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: RoF - Kael - The Madness of King Tormax
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 06:23:29 PM »

Sized up this event on Thursday.  Got a general feel of the raid version, we'll apply our adjusts next run.

There are several broken GTT triggers that MUST BE REPLACED.  Certain patterns require double spaces in areas and that's why they were not firing properly on Thursday.

GTT Changes

* WARNING - REMOVE ALL "RoF - T1 - Kael" related triggers from your GTT setup first.  THEN IMPORT THE NEW TRIGGER SET BELOW:
* Reminder: Replace YOUR_NAME with your character name for the Begone banish trigger.

GTT File 01/11/2013 R2: EVERYONE USE - rof-kael-king-tormax.gtt

GTT File 01/11/2013 R2: SHARD TEAM ONLY - rof-kael-king-tormax-shard-team.gtt

Note: The above GTT files in the original strat post above have been overwritten already.  So it doesn't matter if you use these links here or the ones within the strat post.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »
I created a GINA package to assist with the Dain banishment.  This package gives you a nice 10-second warning that your character is about to be banished.  It works for boxers or single characters.

There are three triggers, one for each of the spots in the text where your character's name could be listed by The Stinky Dwarf as a target for banishment.

http://www.eqfreelance.net/ssark/RoF-Kael-King-Tormax-Banish.gtp

This package ONLY works in GINA.   I am not exactly sure how to get the logic working in GTT yet (Furro was thinking about it too), but if someone has ideas and can test it, please do.

feroxide

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 04:12:03 AM »
HOwdy,

Just a quick comment... we need make sure that the king and dain are always slowed.. we are low on heals, especially when we have both the dina and the dragon up.. The times when the king broke free in the first and in the second attempt both where when he was not slowed.. I think that whoevere is tanking the king (and the dain when both nameds are up) should announce to raid when there is only 1 min left on slow (30seconds worst case) this should ensure that one of the slowers can drop a new one on the mob before it expires..

I honestly think that our second attempt may have been sucessful if the dain and king remained slwoed.. unfortunatly my shamy went down shortly after the dragon & dain combo poped (due to my stuff up) which meant i was not able to keep checking mobs for slow and reslowing them. I think announcing the expiery of slow will ensure that one slower going down does not result in a mob being unslowed.

Im my opionion the priority should be 1) keep mobs slowed, 1.1) keep tanks healed (both very high but 1.1 is alot easier with 1 done!) and 2 DPSing the dragon to death (when both dain and dragon up).

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:26:53 AM »
HOwdy,

Just a quick comment... we need make sure that the king and dain are always slowed.. we are low on heals, especially when we have both the dina and the dragon up.. The times when the king broke free in the first and in the second attempt both where when he was not slowed.. I think that whoevere is tanking the king (and the dain when both nameds are up) should announce to raid when there is only 1 min left on slow (30seconds worst case) this should ensure that one of the slowers can drop a new one on the mob before it expires..

I honestly think that our second attempt may have been sucessful if the dain and king remained slwoed.. unfortunatly my shamy went down shortly after the dragon & dain combo poped (due to my stuff up) which meant i was not able to keep checking mobs for slow and reslowing them. I think announcing the expiery of slow will ensure that one slower going down does not result in a mob being unslowed.

Im my opionion the priority should be 1) keep mobs slowed, 1.1) keep tanks healed (both very high but 1.1 is alot easier with 1 done!) and 2 DPSing the dragon to death (when both dain and dragon up).

Each MT checking and announcing slow is about to expire is feasible.  The best place to announce would be FLRaids or /ooc though.  I prefer to avoid /rs for those types of messages, as with events where we do multiple MA calls, instructions, and cardinal calls, it would just add to the noise and potentially be overlooked. 

I'll make note of the above for future runs, and in addition double check our Debuff Assignments for this specific event, to ensure we are covering slow properly (for multi-boss encounters, normally more than one person is covering it). 

Thanks for the observations Feroxide.

See ya in game,
Furro

feroxide

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:52 AM »
HOwdy,

Each MT checking and announcing slow is about to expire is feasible.  The best place to announce would be FLRaids or /ooc though.  I prefer to avoid /rs for those types of messages, as with events where we do multiple MA calls, instructions, and cardinal calls, it would just add to the noise and potentially be overlooked. 

I'll make note of the above for future runs, and in addition double check our Debuff Assignments for this specific event, to ensure we are covering slow properly (for multi-boss encounters, normally more than one person is covering it). 

See ya in game,
Furro

OOC would be good! everyone sees that!... Just a couple of other little things cam worked out on the second dain tanking round... Shield and fist for tank and ramp tank (unequip weapons) so he does not go in to banish stange while everyone is killing the dragon - it may also be worth casting voice of thule on the tank to increase the hate'n.... worked well last week, cam was able to keep aggro, until the king came to visit... (also adjusted my personal strategy to avoid pile's stuff up this week)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 06:31:04 AM »
HOwdy,

See ya in game,
Furro

OOC would be good! everyone sees that!... Just a couple of other little things cam worked out on the second dain tanking round... Shield and fist for tank and ramp tank (unequip weapons) so he does not go in to banish stange while everyone is killing the dragon - it may also be worth casting voice of thule on the tank to increase the hate'n.... worked well last week, cam was able to keep aggro, until the king came to visit... (also adjusted my personal strategy to avoid pile's stuff up this week)

Correct, for Dain we were not damaging on purpose to avoid the banish during Yelinak.   I would avoid unequiping weapons though, as you'll take a stat reduction for doing so and every bit helps.  Instead, just avoid turning on attack to prevent damaging Dain to the point he begins to Banish.

From an aggro point during this OT period, Cam can rely solely on abilities and maintain aggro over healers easily.  VoT doesn't hurt of course, but you guys would be best to work out that level of buffs, as it's just easier that way.  A tank in need, can request it from an SK for example.

I'm close to finishing an adjusts post based on our latest run.  I'll have it posted before this weeks raid.  Been busy in RL, so I've been working on it in between.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
Strategy Adjusts

Adjusts based on our attempts Saturday, January 19.

I created a diagram to help illustrate our positioning.

Please read this post fully and properly update your triggers as indicated below.  Thanks.

• Trigger set updated to reflect tactical adjusts, and increase overall raid effectiveness.
  • Raid position adjusted to reduce deaths during boss pops.
  • Dain pin location changed to SW of door, between wall pillars (clear Line-of-Sight for casters).
  • Yelinak MT trigger added for Yelinak directional.  Main Tank is responsible for turning Yelinak at appropriate times.
  • Yelinak RT on engage/pull to pin location must never drag over the parked disruption shards, or they will ALL despawn.  Utilize HA if SK by assignment.  If other, deflect and move SE, and tank can take in from there walking backwards to pin point.
  • Healer assignments adjusted for clarity regardless of stage.   For any stage prior to 15%, healers without an active MT/RT during these times are to focus their efforts on the active MTs for Dain, Yelinak and/or KT.
  • Slow debuff assignment to be double checked.  MT (or other), utilize FLRaids and/or /ooc to indicate when Slow %T is about to expire only

Note: Updated the strategy post to reflect our current method to date.

GTT Changes

Everyone must replace their trigger sets for this again.  Sorry all, but with our recent adjusts, certain triggers must be removed to avoid confusion.  To avoid duplicate triggers, follow the instructions below:

* WARNING - REMOVE ALL "RoF - T1 - Kael" related triggers from your GTT setup first.  THEN IMPORT THE NEW TRIGGER SET BELOW:
* Reminder: Replace YOUR_NAME with your character name for the Begone banish trigger.

GTT File 01/16/2013 R2: EVERYONE USE - rof-kael-king-tormax.gtt

GTT File 01/16/2013 R2: Supplimental Triggers for TANKS ONLY - rof-kael-king-tormax-tanks.gtt

Note: The above GTT files in the original strat post above have been overwritten already.  So it doesn't matter if you use these links here or the ones within the strat post.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:24:13 PM by Furro »

mistatk

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 05:54:54 AM »
Yelinak was popping in the South end not where it is marked on map

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »

South end, as in further away from crystal of fear you mean? 

I didn't observe Yelinaks exact spawn point in our previous attempts, so I went with a general area when marking the dashed pull path.

If it's way further south btw, I can look to adjust the diagram in the future for accuracy.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »

Yeah, he's kind of halfway between the door and the Fear Crystal, so the pull for the RT/MT is more of a right angle (first pull east, then pull north).  But the general idea is right, and I think we all get the picture. :)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 04:55:34 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:35:17 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 04:57:12 PM »

Bump.  Just want this up top, as it's still one of our farms.