Author Topic: RoF - East Wastes - Zeixshi-Kar's Shard  (Read 13412 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
RoF - East Wastes - Zeixshi-Kar's Shard
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:24:01 AM »

East Wastes - Zeixshi-Kar's Shard

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: East Wastes

NPC Name: N/A
NPC Location: Touch the fear shard in south-central part of zone (-7700, -275, 185)

Keyword to Enter: Popup box, answer "Yes"

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags: Danela's Stand (Crystal Caverns raid), The Madness of King Tormax (Kael Drakkel raid)

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

* Mandatory Audio/Text GTT Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.
* ALL Corpses (PC included) have damage AEs that periodically fire.

OVERVIEW:

At timed intervals, various adds go active and must be dispatched.  Adds consist of Drakes, Coldain and Giants.

Coldain and Giants with "soldier" in their names can be charmed and made to attack the opposing race.  Please note, that this isn't a normal charm, in that you can use it multiple times with more then one pet per charm owner.

Eventually, Zeixshi-Kar goes active and attacks.  Zeixshi-Kar AE Rampage and has several directional AEs.

Keikshi-Kar also TRAPS RANDOM PLAYERS in a CRYSTAL.  We must destroy the crystal to free the player or they remain mezzed for 5 minutes!

Please stay close together, as that'll shorten the distance melee need to traverse to reach and destroy crystals.

When any NPC or Player dies, their CORPSE will combust (displays flames on the gorund).  This is a short range AE/DoT that should be avoided.  Zeixshi-Kar also breathes the same fire ground AE.  Please watch for both and move when necessary!

STRATEGY:

During Adds:
  • Select groups assist your assigned MA please.
  • CC - Explore the charm mechanic and report results.
  • CC - Coldain and Giants are not mezzable.

During Zeixshi-Kar:
  • MELEE - Destroy crystals to free trapped players.  Only RANGE DPS Zeixshi-Kar when no players are trapped.
  • EVERYONE - Watch /rs calls please for adjusts.  We may need additional help freeing players from crystals.
  • Range DPS ONLY against Zeixshi-Kar, to avoid AE rampage (full damage).

Any questions, please ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Zeixshi-Kar
  • Hits for less possibly if kept on platform.
  • Hits harder for the last 30% health.
  • AE Ramages for full damage
AEs:
Lava Breath - 48k DD + Dispell
Sweeping Tail - Directional: BACK - 39k DD + Knockback/up
Wing Buffet - 33k + Knockback/up
Crystallizing Fear - Mez/Invulnerable (the Crystal Trap effect).

* Tank Notes:

There's a giant dragon corpse on the platform.  The corpse can obstruct others from seeing who's trapped in a crystal.  Tanks for Zeixshi-Kar, try and possibly stand at the edge of the platform; where others are more likely to see if/when you are trapped.

Drakes, Coldain and Giants
  • For the first wave, following the death of the last Drake, a 9-10 minute timer begins. 
  • Coldain and Giants spawn 20 at a time.
  • Zeixshi-Kar randomly summons players to adds.

DRAKES: First wave consists of: a feartattered drake

COLDAIN:

a coldain captain
a coldain warrior
a coldain soldier

CC Reminder: Charm the soldiers and send them to attack Kromif (giants)

GIANTS:

a kromrif captain
a kromrif guard
a kromrif soldier

CC Reminder: Charm the soldiers and send them to attack Coldain (dwarves)

Crystal Traps

Object name: crystallized fear

Encases random players, and must be destroyed immediately. 

Melee, you may wish to use a /tar crystallized fear hotkey for quick/easier targeting.

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

You feel your skin sweltering towards death.

GTT All in one puppy: rof-ew.gtt

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:54:00 AM by Furro »

Phurious

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Re: RoF - East Wastes - Zeixshi-Kar's Shard
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52:23 AM »
Hey not sure if you got this yet or not but here is the trigger for the Corpse AE that goes off. "You feel your skin sweltering towards death." you need to move away from the corpses to avoid this.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:56:52 AM by Phurious »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:02:29 PM »
Hey not sure if you got this yet or not but here is the trigger for the Corpse AE that goes off. "You feel your skin sweltering towards death." you need to move away from the corpses to avoid this.

This must be a warning emote then?  I've only done the group mission once.  Of the two trigs I made up, one of them is for the flames effect, which is what I based my trigger on (but not the same as the one you listed above).  If the one you're listing is a warning emote directed at you, that's even better. 

I've add the above GTT to the Strat post, and we can adjust if necessary from there.

PS, I'm certain we're talkin about the same mechanic (flames/corpses), where I refer to flames is that apparently there are visual flames that appear at the corpses apparently, and that is another clue to avoid the flames.

Thanks for the input Phurious!

Edit: Added GTT to OP.

Crystal Traps

Object name: crystallized fear

Encases random players, and must be destroyed immediately. 

Melee, you may wish to use a /tar crystallized fear hotkey for quick/easier targeting.

Special abilities (like Berserker Decapitation), destroys these traps apparently.  Test/report your results all, and we can amend the strat post to reflect.   Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:11:03 PM by Furro »

Phurious

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:21 AM »
Yeah we are talking about the same mechanic corpses.  I was told by my friend that gave it to me that it is a warning trigger so it should be very useful. as for the crystals, in NToV zerkers can decapitate the ones in those raids so I would think it would apply to this as well.

Phurious

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 02:41:54 AM »
So this is just a suggestion after our first attempt on this raid.  If we position the raid on the hill during the trash phase it will give us room to pull what we want to the raid without having our healers and casters be the first to die like when we were positioned against the wall.

Also when it comes time for Zeixshi-Kar phase we can position the dragon at the bottom of the hill right next to platform so that it is still in range of the range dps.

With the raid being on the hill we can have the 2 assist group sets start out for example on the east and west sides of the hill. have the pullers bring in mobs, kill them and then switch to the north and south. that way we avoid the corpse AE DD/DoT while also having a constant stream of mobs incoming so we can stay on track with the timer, can place the casters/healer on the top of the hill to avoid all of the corpses without having to move around and disrupt casting. Once again just a suggestion and anyone feel free to tweak this to however it would fit Freelance the best.

Also gonna toss in here that the more corpses we have on the ground the more dot/dd we are going to get. I think for this event that we might need to rule out calls and only go with rezzes, or have 1 or 2 people designated as corpse draggers so we can move all the character corpses away from where the raid sits to limit the amount of ae we are getting.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 03:31:41 AM by Phurious »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 03:52:43 AM »
So this is just a suggestion after our first attempt on this raid.  If we position the raid on the hill during the trash phase it will give us room to pull what we want to the raid without having our healers and casters be the first to die like when we were positioned against the wall.

Aye, we adjusted and talked post raid in FLRaids channel.  Just replyin here, in case others logged. 

Hill worked fine for first Stage.  For Stage 2, we'll adjust our position, keep posted.  TBA.

Also gonna toss in here that the more corpses we have on the ground the more dot/dd we are going to get. I think for this event that we might need to rule out calls and only go with rezzes, or have 1 or 2 people designated as corpse draggers so we can move all the character corpses away from where the raid sits to limit the amount of ae we are getting.

We planned to have an assigned dragger, I just forgot during prep.  I'll make note for next run.

I agree, less calls the better in a way, for lingering corpses.  Being on the ball in general with rezzes will of course help as well.

Overall, strong first attempts. 

Thanks again for the insight and observations!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 04:03:49 AM »

GTT Updated

Added: Your body combusts as the lava hits you

This will fire when you're actually in the flames (it's a BIG DD, you want to avoid it by reacting to the warning emote and visually trying to avoid the flame effects that indicate which corpses are burning with the AURA at any given time).

* Reminder:  REMOVE the current GTT trigger before importing the new ones, or you'll have double triggers firing.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 11:53:19 PM »
Can we assign someone to loot the trash corpses?  Normally, that would make them disappear.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 01:28:24 AM »
Can we assign someone to loot the trash corpses?  Normally, that would make them disappear.

Can't loot the corpses during event, doesn't let you.  Was one of the first things I tried last night.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 03:58:38 AM »
For those interested in sharing your feelings about the ZI issues for this raid, there's a running thread two months old on the SOE forums:

Zeixshi-Kar Raid Zone In

Two tail end attempts on this tonight.  It's late now, I'll post our adjusts for tomorrow.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »
For those interested in sharing your feelings about the ZI issues for this raid, there's a running thread two months old on the SOE forums:

Zeixshi-Kar Raid Zone In

Two tail end attempts on this tonight.  It's late now, I'll post our adjusts for tomorrow.

Posted in the SoE thread last night, and also Sent Jchan a PM earlier today. 

Jchans reply:
I'm looping in our Lead Designer, Prathun regarding this matter. Reading through the thread it appears to be a designer controlled decision.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:54 PM »

Event Adjusts

RAID POSITIONING:

Add stages: We will continue to position on the Hill located South-East.

Zeixshi-Kar Active:  Just prior, /rs will call to move to the campfire location in the flat area North-East.  Stay tight together so crystals are not far apart for melee.

ADD STAGES:

Shadowknights and Monks - Utilize HA and bring adds into hill camp location promptly.

Main Assists - Kill Captains FIRST, highest priority.

CC & CHARMS: Bards, Enchanters

Abnormal charm behavior.  The following has been observed by our CC team to date:
  • Charmed mobs do not give a Pet Window with control abilities.
  • They automatically attack opposing races
  • Sometimes they instantly DIE once charmed (no complaints here, one less to deal with)
  • Sometimes they RUN AWAY when charmed and just stand there.
  • Damaged soldiers may be uncharmable (Imahobit observed/reported this).
Charm Tip:  Exercise care not to venture too far out.  Unaggro'd adds can kill you quickly (Rayimalon reported, passing along).

HEALERS:

Standard reiteration of some key areas:
  • Maintain IoG and GHoT. 
  • Remember to twincast Splashes.
  • Utilize Group Heals
PS: Clerics, if you need Emeralds for DI, always be sure to let me know.

DPS:

Your burns are on adds.  Ensure you are present in the FLDPS channel and properly react/execute Miniscas' burn assignments.

During Zeixshi-Kar, no direct melee should be on him.  Your primary focus is freeing players trapped in Crystals.

Only select Range DPS group(s) will be called upon to damage Zeixshi-Kar. 

As always, watch /rs for prep/assigns and calls.  Thanks.

Phurious

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 04:01:04 AM »
So I was told 2 things by a friend tonight regarding this raid. first was to not pull adds but let them come to us from pathing to avoid being overrun. not sure if this will work with timer on dragon and what not but thought I'd share.

2nd is that once we have all the adds dead and dragon is active there is no way we should not win. He told me that if we start wiping to have monks get crystallized and have everyone dragged away to a safe spot or all the corpses moved so when the raid is rebuffed and back in zone people do not die to the corpses. it is just like the group instance where you can keep someone crystallized and get raid ready again without it resetting.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »
Monk abuse!   ;)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
So I was told 2 things by a friend tonight regarding this raid. first was to not pull adds but let them come to us from pathing to avoid being overrun. not sure if this will work with timer on dragon and what not but thought I'd share.

Talked in channel after raids, but replying here also for those absent post raid.

We went heavier on the pulls last night for sure, and I agree that we can hang back more in this area so we're not pulling in adds at an uncontrollable pace.

The final attempt last night was rough simply due to the setup at that point, we were down to a single charmer (bard), and obviously the result was more adds to deal with following the drakes. 

Overall, we're still early in on this, but making incremental progress.  We'll keep at it!

Thanks again for the comments.  See ya in game.