Author Topic: RoF - Breeding Grounds - A Feast for Zalikor  (Read 9622 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
RoF - Breeding Grounds - A Feast for Zalikor
« on: April 13, 2013, 10:46:07 PM »
Breeding Grounds -  A Feast for Zalikor

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Breeding Grounds

NPC Name: Eyska Va`Ker
NPC Location: End of the tunnel that extends from the zone's western-most cavern (loc: 415, 500, 27)

Keyword to Enter: Ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags: High Priest Syltetzalvek (Shard's Landing raid)
  Danela's Stand (Crystal Caverns raid)
  The Madness of King Tormax (Kael Drakkel raid)
  Zeixshi-Kar's Shard" (Zeixshi-Kar's Awakening raid)

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

* Mandatory Audio/Text GTT Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.

For this event, the dragon Zalikor is active on the GROUND area or in the AIR, based on its health.

Around the room are ramps which lead to platforms, and each has an AURA.  While in the aura we gain a boost to certain damage (cold, fire, magic, power/range and so forth).

Only ONE group (6 players), is allowed per platform.

Remaining groups available will be assigned to specific platforms that spawn ADDS.

Surrounding lava in event area damages 10k per tick.

Depending on your assigned area, please assist your MA as we RANGE DPS Zalikor forcing it to the air back to the ground repeatedly.

ZALIKOR IN AIR

Takes flight at: 90%, 59%, 29%

Damage AURA starts on GROUND.  Do not be on the ground when Zalikor is flying, or you will die.   Use the ramps to retreat to your assigned platform.

Cursed whelp ADDS spawn from the eggs on certain platforms.  Assigned groups, you must kill them quickly, or Zalikor absorbs them and heals.

ONLY players IN AURAS can damage Zalikor.  Only those assigned to an AURA apply to this area.

Throughout the event, Zalikor warns before AE'ing at a particular PLATFORM AURA.  Any players in the aura must MOVE OUT OF IT or be KNOCKED INTO THE LAVA (10k damage per tick).  After the AE fires, it is safe to return to the aura.

Zalikor POWERS UP the longer it is in the air when it  lands back on the ground.  In addition, it will randomly start to DT players.

ZALIKOR ON GROUND

Starts on the ground at 100%.  Lands at: 79%, 49%, 19%

When Zalikor is on the ground, it does a FRONTAL KNOCKBACK.

Randomly summons players to PURPLE CRYSTAL and aura in middle of room.  Player turns into a DRAKE with a massive DoT.  CURE by RUNNING 130 feet in any direction.

GROUND to AIR  -- AIR to GROUND

Between Zalikor either taking flight or landing, there's a DELAY and EMOTE when it is about to happen.  This is to GIVE US TIME TO REACT.

EVERYONE - When Zalikor takes flight, we have 6 - 12 seconds before the ground DD aura kicks in.  Get to your assigned ramps/platforms immediately please.

MAIN TANKS - When Zalikor lands, you have 6 to 12 seconds to get down there into position to tank it again (it warps to purple crystal).  If you're late, it'll start randomly summoning people.

MAIN TANKS - Be mindful of the knockback.  Zalikor is leashed to the event area, with lava as boundaries.  Do not leash it, or it may reset HP.

Any questions, please ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Platforms - Aura & Adds

Add following to EQ directory/maps/breedinggrounds_1.txt:

Code: [Select]
P 714.6077, -911.3725, -58.4100, 0, 0, 240, 2, COLD_AURA
P 742.7405, -799.9087, -39.9400, 0, 0, 240, 2, CHROMATIC/PRISMATIC_AURA
P 576.6707, -625.3662, -29.5146, 0, 0, 240, 2, MAGIC_AURA
P 302.2020, -939.6352, -62.1588, 0, 0, 240, 2, DISEASE/POISON_AURA
P 384.1714, -609.7662, -63.0402, 0, 0, 240, 2, RANGED/POWER_AURA
P 565.9908, -1110.8364, -62.3940, 0, 0, 240, 2, FIRE_AURA

* Or download breedinggrounds_1.txt and put in maps directory (includes other static zone spawns).

Helpful images:

1) Overall map: Overall
2) Upper Level Map Only: Upper

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

These emotes require FAST REACTIONS.  Do not hesitate when emoted, react immediately!

GTT All in one puppy: rof-bg-zalikor.gtt

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:41:31 AM by Furro »

Linyeniel

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: RoF - Breeding Grounds - A Feast for Zalikor
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 04:45:47 AM »
Spear of Blistersteel MAG/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 24460 

spell icon Gosik's Fire WIZ/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 19028
Ethereal Hoarfrost WIZ/99 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 23156   

I say put the mages on Fire....! Wizards on Cold....! 

But what do I know?

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »
  • GTT updated for ice/cold fix.
  • How about mages on magic?  Discuss, I am not an expert at all on int caster boom boom. :)
  • Also, if anyone has evidence of the trigger for the disease/poison island, let me know.  I didn't have time to go check it out.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »
Spear of Blistersteel MAG/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 24460 

spell icon Gosik's Fire WIZ/100 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 19028
Ethereal Hoarfrost WIZ/99 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 23156   

I say put the mages on Fire....! Wizards on Cold....! 

But what do I know?

My intention was to put mages on Magic, but mistakenly had the key set to ICE (cold).  I've fixed the key for next time.

Side note: not just Wizards and Mages are great on Fire, but Necros are as well.  But our makeup varies, so there will be times mages will end up assigned to Fire.

Overall, the concepts were still played out (platform Auras), and that gave us the opportunity to acclimate.

Linyeniel

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 06:12:45 PM »
  • Also, if anyone has evidence of the trigger for the disease/poison island, let me know.  I didn't have time to go check it out.

I created this trigger and it worked during the fight:

Zalikor directs his fiery breath toward the aura of disease

rattman

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 06:33:31 PM »
I noticed on the last run that I was able to engage the dragon from the platform when he was on the ground.  I did not toss any dots on him because I only saw him get into the air once.  I kept getting smacked into the lava and becoming crispy ratcow.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »

Event Adjusts
  • Zalikor - Tank location adjusted to East pin
  • Zalikor - Care taken for which group the assigned RT is placed in (related to ground aura and escape efforts)
  • Healers - Ground stage positions adjusted for proper Zalikor MT healing.
  • Aura Platforms - Group and individual adjusts, depending on class makeup
  • Add Platforms - Adjusted groups to reflect each platforms difficulty (light blues, yellow/even cons)
  • Raidsay reminder 2% prior to each time Zalikor is about to go to AIR.  Prepare to move!

GTT Trigger Addons
  • Zalikor targeting Disease Aura
  • Zalikor targeting Cold Aura (previously listed as Ice incorrectly).
  • Early warning 2% emote for each time Zalikor is about to go to AIR (via /rs).
Addon File: rof-bg-zalikor-disease-cold.gtt

Note: The Strategy post GTT File has been updated to reflect the addons already.

Additional Event Reminders

PURPLE CRYSTAL DOT:

You will be summoned at some point to the Purple Crystal in middle of room.  When it happens, you must react immediately and RUN AWAY to remove the DoT.  You will die within 12 seconds if you do not do this.

LAVA DEATHS:

10k DMG per SECOND in the LAVA.

This is completely avoidable.  IF you end up in the Lava and die, you must reflect on how it happened.  There's two ways:
  • Ground Stage: Zalikor knockback.  Your position in relation to Zalikor determines this.
  • Air Stage: Zalikor randomly targets a platform and part of the AE is a knockback.  React to the triggers to avoid this.

If you're trying to run and cure the Purple Crystal DoT, use care not to panic and run off the edge of the event area! ;)

When you die to Lava, expect leads to ask you how it happened.  We're not doing this to diss you, it's to isolate the errors in play and corrective action needed to prevent it and/or reduce the chances of it happening in the future.

Air Stage

PLATFORMS:

Some ramps are easier to navigate than others.  Use the prep time to orient yourselves with your routes to your assigned platform.  You don't necessarily have to take the direct ramp up that leads to your platform.  We'll explain this further inside during prep for clarity.

Groups be aware of WHERE your assigned platform is.  Please ensure you have the proper map locations installed to help in this area.

The Ground AURA is no joke.  You'll die within a few seconds it goes active.  This is why you want to have a planned escape route.

Ramps and Catwalks have FAKE gaps.  Once you traverse them a few times, it'll become easier and more trusting.

AURA PLATFORMS:

Assigned players, since Zalikor randomly targets different platforms, you want to be READY.  Face the way you're going to run if your AURA is targeted, and immediately run to escape it.

You can BURN Zalikor with no risk of aggro during this air stage.  Please make use of it.

ADD PLATFORMS:

Different platforms have harder adds than others.  Some are light blue, others Yellow and Even cons.  It's critical that the adds die immediately.

Healers - Be aware which groups are assigned to your platform, and add tanks not in your group to ETW for monitoring.

Auxiliary Healers - Rangers, Paladins, Beastlords.  It helps to have your platform tanks in ETW as well, to provide additional support.

DPS - Your priority is always ADDS.  When none up, you can range DPS Zalikor
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:16:42 AM by Furro »

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
LAVA DEATHS:

10k DMG per SECOND in the LAVA.

This is completely avoidable.  IF you end up in the Lava and die, you must reflect on how it happened.  There's two ways:
  • Ground Stage: Zalikor knockback.  Your position in relation to Zalikor determines this.
  • Air Stage: Zalikor randomly targets a platform and part of the AE is a knockback.  React to the triggers to avoid this.

If you're trying to run and cure the Purple Crystal DoT, use care not to panic and run off the edge of the event area! ;)

When you die to Lava, expect leads to ask you how it happened.  We're not doing this to diss you, it's to isolate the errors in play and corrective action needed to prevent it and/or reduce the chances of it happening in the future.

Ssark commentary: If you do fall in, don't panic.  The easiest thing to do (if you don't see a ramp) is to head for the outside wall of the event's room; in many cases, you can inch up the wall and out of the lava.  You can then traverse the wall and find a way to return to the event.  Keep in mind that if this happens during the AIR STAGE, you're not going to be able to return to main event area because of the burning aura.  Best answer, as Furro says, is to avoid it altogether, because while you are navigating we're missing your heals/dps/tankage.

Air Stage

PLATFORMS:

Some ramps are easier to navigate than others.  Use the prep time to orient yourselves with your routes to your assigned platform.  You don't necessarily have to take the direct ramp up that leads to your platform.  We'll explain this further inside during prep for clarity.

Groups be aware of WHERE your assigned platform is.  Please ensure you have the proper map locations installed to help in this area.

The Ground AURA is no joke.  You'll die within a few seconds it goes active.  This is why you want to have a planned escape route.

Ramps and Catwalks have FAKE gaps.  Once you traverse them a few times, it'll become easier and more trusting.

Ssark commentary: Before the event begins: consider familiarizing yourself with a catwalk or ramp, because some of them appear to require you to jump (which is not true).  Be aware though that Zalikor is 'live' and will aggro if you get too close.  Better yet, request (or have someone else like me request) the BG2 group mission -- in it, that room is empty in the beginning, the lava doesn't hurt quite as much, and you can get a better feel for the room.  I know you are all busy, but if you find yourself often having trouble, this really helped me get a good feel for how the room is set up without any risk.

One other thing I will point out: we believe we have FIVE minutes between the time Zalikor goes up in the air until the Death Touch (<Devour> spell) phase begins.  Obviously in a longer event such as this one, every death cripples our chances for success.  The DPS leads will be keeping an eye on our progress and MAY ADJUST A BURN ON THE FLY if it looks like we're going to miss the five minute window.  DPS and ADPS characters should all be joining the DPS channel in order to watch for these adjustments.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 05:15:24 AM »

Strong attempts tonight at this.  Zalikor to 49%.  Making progress. 

Adjusts for next run include a new position for Zalikor, to avoid the issues experienced earlier tonight.  Thanks everyone who was able to stay after hours as we fleshed out the location.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 05:39:45 AM »

Defeated Thursday, April 25, 2013. 

Outstanding work everyone!