Author Topic: What you should do on raid(Please Read)  (Read 3488 times)

Arthursuen

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • MSN Messenger - arthur_914@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
What you should do on raid(Please Read)
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:33:00 AM »
Dear all,

FL raid group is currently heading to Demiplane.So we will need to pay more attention and concentrate during the raid.I would like to share my point of view on setup a raid force here.

1.) Furro leads us really good and guess he will handle about HEALER assignment.I will suggest to set a channel to show the CCH msg like /auction or /shout since there is not useful channel while we raiding.For example

Furro auctions: 1) Complete Healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- XXX NEXT.
XXX auctions: 2) Complete healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- YYY NEXT.
YYY auctions: 3) Complete Healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- ZZZ NEXT.
ZZZ auctions: 4) Complete Healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- Furro NEXT.

Its may help on all other DRU/SHM about heal frequency and rdy to patch to keep MT alive.
More details - ALWAYS KEEP DI on MT when its called,try to do it if mana/time permit to cast.

2.)About tanks class mean SK/Pally/WAR should know each other on HP/AC <UNBUFF> , I will suggestion to show up with unbuff stats.Its easy to count on buffed stats.Also we all sit in a seperate channel,for example FLtanks.That is very important I think.We can discuss in channel and assign tank on next target or setup the tanks rotation.At this point we will reduce the job load from Furro also.

Fortitude/Furious and Final Stand are important disc for WAR.Keep it up and use it wisely is my advice.
There have a very impotant point that DO NOT TRY to over agro your MT in raid,its not fun and this will always make raid running tough.

For example MT Rotation: Suurge > Lookot > Tinyface > Arthursuen
Suurge - Both Agro weapon , (skill:Bazu,Scowl,Blast of Anger,Rampage....)
Lookot - Both Agro weapon but dont use any skill
Tinyface - suggest DPS till Suurge down
Arthursuen - Both DPS weapon or low agro one

When Suurge is down, Lookot start to keep agro and Tinyface will bring out his agro weapon and start build up the agro to be the 2nd high one.Arth will keep DPS on boss.

3.) All other class in raid:
For caster class - NEC/SHM/WIZ , DoT and Nuke is always get instant agro and summon, try to keep yourself to soft nuke and not full DoT,we will need your DPS on last 25% on boss.

For Knights - SK/PAL , there may have adds during fight and you will be the tank on those trash/adds.Some of fight will summon adds and those are mezzable.Pick all target as fast as possible and offtank till your target is mezzed.Offtank mean no dmg tank with agro(cast no dmg agro spell).Even its mezzed,please always keep agro on those mezzed mobs to save mezzer's life.Also, if your target is already tanked by another knights, try to find another mob to offtank.

For DRU/SHM/PAL , you will be backup healer to keep Knights and your group alive.RC and Heal is needed.

For other class unlisted above , SET a MA to call assist is the most important. DPS/casters will only assist your MA to attack or cast.

4.)During the fight,Try your best to REZ/Call of the Wild when someone is down to keep our raid force.Buff them up quickly and the best way is by /tell to get buff.Dont try to spam in channel or group.Sometimes buffer will miss it also.

Here is some of my experience with my raid team and I hope to share to you all.You may ignore this post if you know your class well.Please free feel to share your view and FL will become stronger and stronger by your suggestion.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 06:37:22 AM by Arthursuen »
ARTHURSUEN    Warrior
SAKUYAHIME    Shaman

Breniar

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What you should do on raid(Please Read)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »
That seems like a good set of rules to follow.  I only have an issue with part 4.  Unless you're the last solid tank standing my time is better spent keeping the current MT alive along with my group as opposed to buffing a freshly rezzed tank.  If we're in need of a new MT that badly the chances are good that I just plain don't have the time or mana to battle buff you anyway.  It's more of a time issue than a mana issue for me in most fights.  That's my opinion from my limited druid point of view.  And if you're not a tank don't send me a tell during a battle for any buffs or I'll start cussing like Korlayne.   :-*
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:30:14 AM by Breniar »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 01:34:28 AM »
Dear all,

FL raid group is currently heading to Demiplane.So we will need to pay more attention and concentrate during the raid.I would like to share my point of view on setup a raid force here.

1.) Furro leads us really good and guess he will handle about HEALER assignment.I will suggest to set a channel to show the CCH msg like /auction or /shout since there is not useful channel while we raiding.For example

Furro auctions: 1) Complete Healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- XXX NEXT.
XXX auctions: 2) Complete healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- YYY NEXT.
YYY auctions: 3) Complete Healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- ZZZ NEXT.
ZZZ auctions: 4) Complete Healing to >> MT << pause 15 --- Furro NEXT.

Its may help on all other DRU/SHM about heal frequency and rdy to patch to keep MT alive.
More details - ALWAYS KEEP DI on MT when its called,try to do it if mana/time permit to cast.

Using /aution or /shout can work for sure.  The nice thing about using them over /say is that there's no range limit and most people have these 2 channels already set as a different color by default so it's easier to see.  I wouldn't use it in open zones, but anything instanced I can see it doable.

Definately something I'll consider implementing.

2.)About tanks class mean SK/Pally/WAR should know each other on HP/AC <UNBUFF> , I will suggestion to show up with unbuff stats.Its easy to count on buffed stats.Also we all sit in a seperate channel,for example FLtanks.That is very important I think.We can discuss in channel and assign tank on next target or setup the tanks rotation.At this point we will reduce the job load from Furro also.

I usually ask what the tanks hps are buffed at the time.  I only do this because we don't always have a druid to do the raid combo on buffs and deal with Tem instead.  Plus it's one less thing I have to calculate on if they just give me current stats / ac.

In the past I stayed away from separating into sub channels because of the targets we were doing didn't really require it.  However, now that we're getting into more complicated scripts these channels will have to come into play.

I agree here and FLTanks channel as a name seems to work fine.  

The benefits of this channel are obvious with regard to setting up tanks for the next boss, MT order and discussion on tank positioning etc.

I like to give every tank on the raid a chance, and that's why I change MT's on each boss.  Sometimes on difficult fights I'll use our best tank there.  But I want up and coming tanks to learn and be able to prove themselves.  There's no better way to teach someone then by putting them in the role and having them experience it.   A FLTank channel can be a help here also for any tank related questions.

3.) All other class in raid:
For caster class - NEC/SHM/WIZ , DoT and Nuke is always get instant agro and summon, try to keep yourself to soft nuke and not full DoT,we will need your DPS on last 25% on boss.

For Knights - SK/PAL , there may have adds during fight and you will be the tank on those trash/adds.Some of fight will summon adds and those are mezzable.Pick all target as fast as possible and offtank till your target is mezzed.Offtank mean no dmg tank with agro(cast no dmg agro spell).Even its mezzed,please always keep agro on those mezzed mobs to save mezzer's life.Also, if your target is already tanked by another knights, try to find another mob to offtank.

For DRU/SHM/PAL , you will be backup healer to keep Knights and your group alive.RC and Heal is needed.

For other class unlisted above , SET a MA to call assist is the most important. DPS/casters will only assist your MA to attack or cast.

Not much here needs to be said other than we have had the odd occasion when someone has taken agro from another MT.  But overall I think we're doing good in this regard.

Good advice in general of course and doesn't hurt to keep it in mind.

4.)During the fight,Try your best to REZ/Call of the Wild when someone is down to keep our raid force.Buff them up quickly and the best way is by /tell to get buff.Dont try to spam in channel or group.Sometimes buffer will miss it also.

Here is some of my experience with my raid team and I hope to share to you all.You may ignore this post if you know your class well.Please free feel to share your view and FL will become stronger and stronger by your suggestion.

Battle rezing can work sometimes, but it all depends of course on the encounter.  Often what happens is people get rez'ed into an AE or something.   It's all situational.

I agree, when you're freshly rez'ed, asking for buffs in the channel just results in many people overlapping the person with the same buffs and wastes mana.  Ideally I try and stress for people to send tells for buffs, and I only say don't send me tells for buffs because I'm usually too busy to do singles.

Buffing during a fight isn't usually possible.  

Overall, good advice.   Thanks for your insight Arthursuen.

- Furro

Arthursuen

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • MSN Messenger - arthur_914@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 01:53:44 AM »
Ya ...Furro has pointed out some important issue during the raid.As I said its my advice and maybe some isnt doable for us.Every raid group have different setup and ppl so get any good idea from my post and free feel and point out what ideas you got to make raid more perfect.

About buff during raid going.Its really work on my raid team.I am talking on my TANK situation to say this thing so it may not waste on mana if battle rez and buff up on Tank.Just in case we lack of tank then we will need to chain rez and keep mob be tanked.
ARTHURSUEN    Warrior
SAKUYAHIME    Shaman

Fallinx

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 08:11:36 PM »
If tanks drop ... as well as key classes ...then it is the priority of the raid to get them back into the fight.  However you feel you interpret your role in a raid....it is less than this one thing.  If Suurge is MT and drops...yes tanks have a rotation.  that isnt the point.  Call in Suurge, buff as able but quickly so that he can pop his endurance disc and be ready to step into rotation.  Same is true of clerics....and other classes as they apply to different events.
   this is an auto task...as in MT drops he is getting 2 rez boxes/call boxes without RL telling you to do it.
If you are just 'A tank, A DPS, A caster' meaning your role isnt critical to success of a raid ...then you get rezzed as able.  Also same for buffs.  There are several clicky items and quests for clicky items to give you at least minimum self buffs.  Asking for buffs as a non-critical class ( IE MT, rotation cleric, Kiting pally ).
   Being in battles with mobs that are doing 20k a round ...you will lose tanks.... 15 min fight you will lose period if some sort of rez/rebuff scheme isnt in palce.  DP ...isnt as bad...but can test a raid.
MY 2cp and should be disregarded in all regards until it regards the unguarded regardless of disregarded regards.
Fallinx
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 04:36:23 AM by Fallinx »