Author Topic: Question on GTT and gina software  (Read 2877 times)

windreaper

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Question on GTT and gina software
« on: June 25, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
I have been getting mixed information on IF gtt or gina software are an exploit.  I know its a third party software, however is this something to worry about?

Wonder if any one i raid with here has a clear answer to this? Looking for feed back!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:29:53 PM by windreaper »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Question on GTT and gina software
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 05:36:29 PM »

GTT/GINA are fine.  They're merely programs that read your log file, which is something you can do manually.

GTT Author: Gamanern
Piestro: Community Relations (SOE)
Reference: SoE Thread (pg 2,3)

Gamanern wrote:
I have three main 3rd party programs that I wrote and support: GamParse, GamTextTriggers and GamSettingsMover.
From above, GamParse appears to now have the green light.
Can you also confirm the other programs are allowed also:
GamTextTriggers - reads the log file, outputs to either text-to-speech, play a wave file, or creates a transparent window above the game to display text and a timer. Basically extends the in-game audio triggers functionality, adds a text display, and works like a stop-watch on timers (much like the new timers when you hover over an AA that has been used showing remaining time and a re-use red-tint till its usable again)
GamSettingsMover - Simply copies people's settings files, if a user renames their character, or transfers to a different server, or both, the program will assist them copying the correct files so they retain their settings. This actually has to run before the game has started.
While I believe my programs are all acceptable, I would love to have confirmation so people can feel confident they are allowed to use my programs.
None of your programs allow people to do things that aren't possible in game, therefore none are unacceptable.

Piestro wrote:
I'm not gonna create a list of approved programs, however I will say that common sense is more than enough to tell if you are cheating.
Parsing - Not cheating
Item Collectors - Not cheating
Program that has autofire button (and you are still in the general vicinity of the keyboard) - Not cheating
Swimming on auto-run into a corner to raise up swimming - Not cheating
Cheating - not allowed.
If it's reasonable and not unfair it's not cheating. If it gives you an unfair advantage and allows you to do things that can't be normally done in game it's cheating.

On a related topic of automation, as it may be a grey area to some players, ISBoxer is fine to use as well:

Random Player Poster: Whulfgar
Piestro: Community Relations (SOE)
Reference: ISBoxer is this illegal?

Whulfgar wrote:
I.S. Boxer is a program I've recently heard about, where you are able to operate as many toons as you want to play from 1 screen.

My question is simply put. Is this os .. Against Eula ?

I'd love to have a Dev answer this to settle the debate. Thanks.

Piestro wrote:
It is not in and of itself against our rules. It can be used, especially in conjunction with other programs, to violate rules.