Author Topic: RoF - Shadow - Dispelling the Shadows  (Read 11127 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
RoF - Shadow - Dispelling the Shadows
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:26:04 PM »
Plane of Shadow - Dispelling the Shadows

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Plane of Shadow

NPC Name: Kela Lor Telaris
NPC Location: Plane of Shadow

Keyword to Enter: Go

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags: Xorbb 1 - Guardian of the Gate
  Xorbb 2 - Yymp the Infernal
  Xorbb 3 - The Return of King Xorbb
  Chelsith - Champtions of the People

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

* Mandatory Audio/Text GTT Trigger information is available in the GTT section further down in this post.

This event takes place in stages.  We must deal with Luclin, a vessel mechanic, various adds, AEs and emotes.

Stage 1 - Luclin & Vessels

We begin by taking Luclin to 70%, which spawns vessels arround the room.  Only the assigned team(s) directed by MA2 via DPS will FLIP/TURN select vessels either LIGHT or DARK to correspond to the door symbols, or order of our choice.  Different combinations and complete alignments grant Luclin defensive/offensive abilities, spawn adds and AEs.

Vessels must be dealt with for us to advance.

Color   Results
All LIGHTLuclin Heals 10%
Timed Bearer of Light adds spawn (Assist MAs, test CC)
Light Pulse AE DD (76k DD PBAE, 150' range).

All DARKLuclin Heals 10%
Timed Bearer of Darkness adds spawn (Assist MAs, test CC)
Dark Pulse AE DD (76k DD PBAE, 150' range).

Half DARK, Half LIGHTLuclin Heals 20%
Timed Dervish adds spawn (low HP, FFA, test CC)

Stage 2 - Shadow of Luclin

When done with vessels, they'll stop respawning and at 30% Luclin will deactivate and share her feelings.  After which, Shadow of Luclin will appear!  Oh boy.

Shadow of Luclin casts a Shade Siphon AE Debuff.  With the debuff, after you take a set amount of damage, it triggers a heal on Luclin.

Shadow of Luclin also has various EMOTES we have to deal with:

Emote   Action & Penalty
raises its sword at YOURNAMERun to designated spot (TBA)
  Frontal Cone DD at that player

aims a straight cut at YOURNAMERun to designated spot (TBA)
  Beam DD on that player
  (reminder: beams are front and back AE, of set width)

glances around itselfBack away (distance TBA)
  AE DD

Stage 3 - Luclin Reactivates

When Shadow of Luclin dies, Luclin reactivates.  Emotes are in play.

Emote   Action & Penalty
shadows will consume you, YOURNAMERun away, return on fade.
  Disease of Shade Viral DoT 53k DoT (30' viral range, 80 disease)
  Cast on player who cures: Flash of Shade: 69k DD PBAE 40' range + Stun

the chamber flares and tremblesShadow Annihilation: Damage Amplifier Debuff for 100k + Snare (50 corruption)
  With this debuff on, when Luclin casts Shadow Explosion,
  you will PB AE everyone around you for 100k+ DD
  ACTION: When trigger fires (you have debuff),
  run and hide behind the pillars to avoid Shadow Explosion DD.  Return on fade.

Notes:
- Additionally, at 15% Luclin HP Shadow Annihilation starts
- We'll tweak the actions going forward.  This is a starting point.

Vessels (Luclin 70% to 30%)

Lead: Ssark
Backups: Rnani

Once Luclin reaches 70%, 8 vessels which appear as orbs spawn around the room, 2 at each doorway.  They are a random mix of light (white) and dark (black) orbs.  The vessels can be changed from light to dark and back again by DPSing them down (they do not attack back).  Initially two groups will be assigned to assist with this process.

To proceed, we must go through three “phases” of the moon as follows.  They can be in any order, but this is the order we will use:

PHASE 1: Turn every orb dark
- spawns a Bearer of Darkness; every 30s it AE’s a Dark Pulse (150’ range nuke)
- Luclin buffs herself with “Cloak of Darkness” which increases her defense and heals her for 10%.

PHASE 2: Turn every orb light
- spawns a Bearer of (Light?); every 30s it AE’s Light Pulse (150’ range nuke)
- Luclin buffs herself with “Lucent Rending) which increases her attack and heals her for 10%

PHASE 3: Turn the southern 4 orbs (2 by south door, and the southern orbs at the west and east doors) light, and the 4 northern orbs (2 by north door, and the northern orbs at west and east doors) dark
- Adds spawn.  Every 60 seconds, more adds spawn, increasing in number.  (In group mission, it’s 1, then 2, then 3.)  Test mez and number of hit points, etc.: in group mission these were annoying but mezzable and had low hps (but could disrupt people).  These continue spawning for the remainder of the event.
- Luclin heals herself for 20%

Once we have accomplished all three of these phases, Luclin can be taken to 30%.

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

* Replace YOURNAME with your character name where indicated.

GTT File: rof-shadow.gtt  * Updated: 08/08/2013

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:40:35 AM by Furro »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: RoF - Shadow - Dispelling the Shadows
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »
Ok.  I noticed a few things on the three attempts we did and I thought I would share them with you.

First off, as you can see the 8 globes that spawn around Luclin when she is at about 70%.  4 are white and 4 black, in approximately the pattern on the picture.  Yea, we can spawn adds if we attack them directly, but it looks like we have solved that problem.  But there are three things I want you to know.

First, the two major adds, the boss of light and the boss of darkness.  When all 8 orbs are white (light) the boss of light spawn at the SOUTH door and moves northward (white arrow) till it reaches Luclin.  I know this because I saw the spawn and watched the progression of the movement.  I did not see the boss of darkness spawn, but from where he was fought, I can assume that he came from the north (black arrow).

Second, the moons on the doors.  I know that people are not looking at this yet, but I want people to know because I suspect it will become critical.  When the event starts, the moon on the south door is a very pale grey while the moon on the north door is a darker grey, the east and west moons are half and half with the darker half facing the north and the lighter half facing the south in both cases.  When the boss of light spawns, the moon on the south door BRIGHTENS, becoming a pale blue that is quite bright.  When the boss of dark spawns, the moon on the north DARKENS, becoming very black.

Third, the spells that are killing us.  I did a splash and removed two debufs that are found in the short spell window.  I suspect that these are what is killing us.  Yes, pally splash removes them.  Strongly advise that we use pally splash liberally during this event.

Now, this is my own thinking, but I think that later on, making the four north moons dark and the four south moons light will play a role in the event.  I do not know what, but I am looking at the east and west doors which have not yet brightened or darkened yet.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 10:33:56 PM »

Third, the spells that are killing us.  I did a splash and removed two debufs that are found in the short spell window.  I suspect that these are what is killing us.  Yes, pally splash removes them.  Strongly advise that we use pally splash liberally during this event.

Yes, the AE's are being amplified by Hemisphere (click search after following link) debuffs, which are going to bard window.  Splashing to remove is extremely helpful.

Sorry, I'm short on time before raids to comment on the rest of your post Maglor.  We plan to revisit the event tonight though, so let's see what else is revealed in our efforts.  The attempts last night were productive imo.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:35:34 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 10:39:16 PM »

Event Adjusts

Took our first look at this event last night.  Some adjusts going forward.
  • Vessels: 2 to 3 assigned pet class players.  One designated MA to point/co-ordinate.
  • Vessels: Added trigger set to compliment this area (see Ssark for any corrections if necessary)
  • Vessels: Flip order changed all Light, then Dark, then Half/Half
  • Bearers: Specific tank assignments added for these.  Some confusion may have occurred last night with generic Add Tank assignment.
  • Bearers: Tank away from Luclin, as the AE is hitting our Luclin MT
  • Bearers: Added Trigger for AE every 30s.  Helps to know when next AE is incoming (150' range).
  • Bearers: Stunnable?  Test/report.
  • Everyone: Please get off Luclin and on Bearer immediately when MA calls, as we need it dead ASAP.

Bearer AE Timer: rof-shadow-bearer-ae-timer.gtt

Use the AE to help time Group Heal and Splashes please Healers/Paladins.

Note: Bearer trigger added to base set for event.

Vessel Triggers for assigned players: rof-pos-vessels.gtt

Drasp

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 06:09:24 PM »
On the third attempt on this raid the first night (Friday), when the spheres/vessels spawned, their was an emote suggesting how the spheres should be changed.  Possibly if you do not change the spheres as suggested by the emote/suggestion, it leads to adds.  Did not participate on Saturday so do not know if this observation holds up under further scrutiny.

Also, there is some mechanism going on with Luclin destroying the spheres while she is up. I assume that this destruction process has a point in the game mechanics that will need to be figured out.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »

Event Adjusts
  • Trigger changes, delete entire set and re-download, edit/replace YOURNAME where applicable.
  • From Shadow of Luclin onward, attempt to corner pin (location TBA once inside)

IMPORTANT: Delete ALL Dispelling of Shadows triggers before you import the new set.

GTT Base File Updated: rof-shadow.gtt

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 04:21:50 PM »
First off, great win last night!  What a great display of team work :)

Also wanted to put in an observation on the tank position in the corner for the last 2 stages.  Just from a melee DPS perspective, during the final stage with the cyclone adds, the adds were kind of getting stuck on the stairs and it didnt optimize melee dps.  Not sure if they can be picked up a touch further out, or if that would be them OOR of healers.  Just seemed like it was harder for melee to hit them.  Just an observation I made.