Author Topic: HoF - Threshold - Glimpse, the Unseen  (Read 6308 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
HoF - Threshold - Glimpse, the Unseen
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:47:36 PM »
The Threshold - Glimpse, the Unseen
*[08/16/2013] NOTICE: This post has been modified to reflect amendments posted within this thread *

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: The Threshold

NPC Name: Torchbearing Spirit
NPC Location: The Threshold

Keyword to Enter: Ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Chelsith - Champtions of the People
  Shadows - Dispelling the Shadows

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

This event involves Glimpse, the Unseen that splits at different stages includes a DT and Ooze mechanic along with percent based adds.

Fragment of shadow adds spawn every 1-4% approximately.

Throughout the event, random players are DT emoted.  When emoted you must GET NEAR OTHER PLAYERS which causes you to take AE Damage instead of being Death-touched.

When Glimpse reaches 70%, it splits into THREE which must be BALANCED or we suffer a massive AE damage.

Once the splits are dead, Glimpse respawns.  Every 30 seconds an OOZE spawns on the MT.  The MT must MOVE IMMEDIATELY to avoid being killed (walk backwards a few steps).

At 30% of Glimpse HP; oozes stop and it splits into SIX fragments.  We must kill each from the TALLEST down.  Wait for assist please.  If we kill the wrong one, it'll respawn.

Please watch for your assignments during prep and MA calls.  Groups are split up for the balance stage.

Any questions, please reply to this post and/or ask in FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Glimpse, the Unseen

Hits for: 30k
Abilities: Single-target Rampage (mitigated)
AE:

Threshold Map File

Threshold map with raid event locations added to layer 2 (to not interfere with other map markers): heartoffear_2.txt

Note: Optional mini-events included in map as well, as they're part of the same instance.

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

* Replace YOURNAME with your character name where indicated.

When marked for DT - GET CLOSE TO OTHER PLAYERS to only take minor damage instead of a DT.

GTT File: hof-glimpse-dt.gtt Updated: 08/15//2013

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:40:27 AM by Furro »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HoF - Threshold - Glimpse, the Unseen
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:58 AM »
On the first part, I noticed something about the adds.  It seems to me that we can get Glimpse down to 95% health no sweat, but after that there is a chance for an add each percentage point.  First attempt we got Glimpse down to 92% health but then had 1 add each health % we took him down for about 4 - 5 adds.  Second attempt the adds started at 94%.  And there is no set periodicity to them, sometimes the adds spawned during odd healths, sometimes even.  I think it is entirely random, but never more than 1 add per % of health.

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 04:31:52 PM »

I am a little confused about the DT part, so looking for some clarification.  During last nights attempt, I got the DT trigger 3 times during the 2nd attempt.  The 3rd time was during the blobs part and raid was spread out, so I will leave that one out for now.  The first two times, I was in the middle of the entire raid, surrounded by everyone, when an add was up.  Both times I still got DT'd.  So i want to see what I may have been doing wrong.  I was right next to probably 30 toons.  Maybe can't be moving at all? I may have possibly been moving to try and "get closer", so maybe you have to be absolutely still?  Just looking for clarification.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 10:19:34 PM »

We took our first peak at this encounter last night with encouraging results.

* Updated the "Brief Event Overview & Strategy" portion of the strategy post.

Event Adjusts

MAIN TANKS:

During the OOZE pop stage (70% to 30%).  Try and stick to a straight line as you take a step back out of the ooze each time.  It's a big event area.  We'd like to keep the raid centralized.  If you stick to a line, we can do something like this:

o = ooze
- = path

Glimpse repop middle G----o----o----o----o----o----o----o [event area ends] turn, shift other way

----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o and come back parallel.

----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o

----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o----o

[ RAID POSITIONED HERE ]

Will work out the cardinals once inside.  But basically what I'm trying to describe above is going from long-to-long of the event area and then shift and repeat the parallel.  This way we can position the raid in one location and be together allowing us to survive the DT mechanic that's still in effect.  Avoid spreading out.

On the first part, I noticed something about the adds.  It seems to me that we can get Glimpse down to 95% health no sweat, but after that there is a chance for an add each percentage point.  First attempt we got Glimpse down to 92% health but then had 1 add each health % we took him down for about 4 - 5 adds.  Second attempt the adds started at 94%.  And there is no set periodicity to them, sometimes the adds spawned during odd healths, sometimes even.  I think it is entirely random, but never more than 1 add per % of health.

I went with 1-4% in the strategy post for now.  May not be random, but instead timed.  Either way, we'll see how it plays out.

I am a little confused about the DT part, so looking for some clarification.  During last nights attempt, I got the DT trigger 3 times during the 2nd attempt.  The 3rd time was during the blobs part and raid was spread out, so I will leave that one out for now.  The first two times, I was in the middle of the entire raid, surrounded by everyone, when an add was up.  Both times I still got DT'd.  So i want to see what I may have been doing wrong.  I was right next to probably 30 toons.  Maybe can't be moving at all? I may have possibly been moving to try and "get closer", so maybe you have to be absolutely still?  Just looking for clarification.

Did you parse your log to see what actually killed you?  I ask because it could be something like you were unbuffed from a previous death, hit by the DD and then got low HP aggro on the add kinda fluke.  Not doubting you died to DT btw, just saying.

I had no issues moving to the crowd and getting DD'd only.  Maybe others have experienced what you're describing above though.

Unfortunately, I can't provide more clarification other than get near the crowd of players Pad, sorry.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:21:56 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 04:37:10 AM »

Defeated Friday, August 16, 2013!

Nice work everyone!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 04:45:33 AM by Furro »