Author Topic: HoF - Rebirth - Memories of the Faceless  (Read 10038 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
HoF - Rebirth - Memories of the Faceless
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:18:37 PM »
The Rebirth - Memories of the Faceless

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: The Threshold

NPC Name: Torchbearing Spirit
NPC Location: The Threshold

Keyword to Enter: Ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Chelsith - Champtions of the People
  Shadows - Dispelling the Shadows
  Threshold - Glimpse, the Unseen

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

This event involves waves of adds, each with their own special abilities and vulnerabilities.  Five waves spawn, at 3 minute intervals each.  Add details are outlined further below.

There are Crystals located around the room.   In addition, there are different Auras that activate at timed intervals.  Every 3 minutes (each wave), the Aura changes.  A relationship exists between the Auras and Crystals.

Curse of Loss Aura is negated for only 12 players within range of the Crystal of Loss (SE?)
Curse of Death Aura is negated for only 12 players within range of the Crystal of Death (SW)
Curse of Suffering Aura is negated for only 12 players within range of the Crystal of Suffering (NW)
Curse of the Void Aura is negated for only 12 players within range of the Crystal of the Void (NE?)

Select groups will be split up and assigned to areas that play to your strengths based on the auras.  We'll move everyone into position prior to engage, each will have their own MAs and instructions.

Any questions, please rely to this thread or ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Crystal of Suffering - North West

Flies, Mosquitoes and Malarians - WEAK to MELEE DPS and STRONG against caster damage.

FLIES/MALARIANS    Fast hitters, but not extreme hit damage
(a virulent pest)Each tick its aggro of most hated player transfers to second most hated
  then removes the most hated player from hatelist (Pestering Bite).
  Vulnerability: Take 20% extra melee damage.
  Pestering Shock - Spell and Melee slow (focii/haste v1-3 included).

MOSQUITOESLIFETAPs most hated player every 18 seconds(Cursed Bloodsip).
(a cursed bloodspipper)The lifetap heals ALL the non-mosquitoes from the Suffering crystal.
(an engorged bloodsipper)Upon Death: A heal is granted to all nearby players (negates effects that help you tank though).
  Upon Death: Spawns tentacle roots that ROOTS LIGHTCRAWLS and removes their reflection.
  Note: Upon Death for Mosquitoes may differ among the two types and/or be related to wraiths.
  Vulnerability: Takes 20% extra melee damage.
  Bloodsip - 30k DD (engorged bloodsippers cast, single-target)

Crystal of Loss - South East

Leeches, Vacuum Worms, Lightcrawlers - STRONG against MELEE.  Other specific vulnerabilities described below.

LEECHES    Melee causes them to heal (Leeching).  Lose health when KITED.
(a lifeleech)SNARABLE, but not all rootable.
  Lossbane Fiendshard clicky drop from Fiendshard Remains (indifferent) dramatically reduces their run-speed.
  Upon Death: Its remains are a lifeleech pheromones blob (green) that causes nearby players insane aggro with all mobs.
  Mitigates most melee types of damage by 90%

VACUUM WORMSHUGE DAMAGE SHIELD (Wormspines on bloodpine worms)
(a bloodspine worm)DS can be removed with Lossbane Fiendshard clicky drop from Fiendshard Remains (indifferent)
(a spineless worm)Upon Death: Casts PBAE 100k DD around area it dies (Eruption PBAE 100K DD (35' range))
  Mitigates most melee types of damage by 25%
  Loss PBAE Negate Runes etc. (80' range)

LIGHTCRAWLERSMirrorshell crawlers REFLECT Detrimental spells (unless effect Crawlersheen removed by trapping it in Malarian Roots)
(a mirrorshell crawler)Procs a STUN/BLIND (Crawlerbite)
(a nonreflective crawler)Note: nonreflective crawlers do not have the reflect buff.
  Upon Death: Spawns a cocoon/egg (a crawler egg) that must be killed or it'll swarm us with spiders!
  Mitigates most melee types of damage by 25%

Crystal of Death - South West

Mephits, Wraiths, Gargoyles - STRONG/WEAK against certain types of MELEE damage.  WEAK against CASTER DPS.

MEPHITS    Casts small 10' range Aggro/deaggro like Flies do (Capriciousness)
(a capricious mephit)Upon Death: Top 6 hated players hit with Capricious Siphon 50/50 chance to either
  Drain Endurance and Mana or hit you with 69k DD
  Vulnerability: WEAK to caster DPS (spells) than other mobs
  Mitigates most melee types of damage by 50%

WRAITHSTargets players and drains endurance (Wraithsong)
(a nettling extractor)Upon Death: Casts MEZ on TWO most hated targets (Wraithcry).
  WEAK to SLASHING and PIERCING (15% bonus).
  Mitigates BLUNT and H2H melee by 50%

GARGOYLESFor each 10% of their health, their DPS drops by 5%.
(a brittle fiend)Upon Death: Breaks into a corpse that leaves a Lossbane Fiendshard
  WEAK to BLUNT and H2H (15% bonus)
  Mitigates SLASHING and PIERCING by 15%

Wave Adds Breakdown

Wave and add details:

SOUTH EAST 
Wave
    Mobs

4 Lifeleeches

4 Worms

2 Lifeleeches
2 Lightcrawlers

2 Lifeleeches
2 worms

2 Lightcrawlers
2 Worms

SOUTH WEST 
Wave
    Mobs

2 Gargoyles

3 Wraiths

3 Mephits

2 Gargoyles
2 Wraiths

2 Wraiths
1 Mephit

NORTH WEST 
Wave
    Mobs

3 Pests

3 Mosquitoes (1 is red /con)

1 Pest
2 Mosquitoes

4 Mosquitoes

NORTH EAST 
Wave
    Mobs

2 Hobo (beggar)

2 Thralls
    1 Chaos Caller

2 Thralls?

2 Thralls
1 Hobo (beggar)

?
?

Notes:

Waves 3 and 5: - Chaos caller spawns somewhere.  When killed grants a DPS buff on raid called: Echo of Chaos, 90s duration (300' range from point of mob death).

Curse Aura Details

Aura changes each wave.  Listing details here for completeness.

Curse of Loss
  • Decrease Base Stats by 400
  • Decrease Melee Mitigation by 10%
  • Inhibit Effect: Shield Equip Hate Mod
  • Inhibit Effect: Damage Shield

Curse of Suffering
  • Increase Spell Mana Cost by 20% (Limit Type: Beneficial)
  • Decrease Healing Taken by 20%
  • Inhibit Effect: Healing Focus

Curse of Death
  • Increase Spell Mana Cost by 20% (Limit Type: Detrimental)
  • Inhibit Effect: Crit DoT Damage
  • Inhibit Effect: Critical DoT Chance

Curse of the Void
  • Decrease Hit Damage by 20%
  • Inhibit Effect: Crit Hit Damage
  • Inhibit Effect: Flurry

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

Not applicable.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:40:15 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: HoF - Rebirth - Memories of the Faceless
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:22:36 AM »

Updated the strategy post to more accurately reflect the Aura to Crystal relationships, and other details.

I'll update this thread again before our next attempt.

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 03:24:20 AM »
Ok.  SW known spawns, at least through the first 3 rounds.

1st round -- 2 gargoyles, red.  Hit hard.  Nothing much else.

2nd round -- 3 wraiths (nettlings).  These seem to hit harder than the gargoyles, and as you posted they drain stamina -- hard.  I know both DV and I had lost our stamina before one netling was down.  Makes it harder to tank -- even paladins.

3rd round -- 3 mephits.  Nothing special about them.

4th round -- 2 gargoyles, red.  2 wraiths (nettlings).

5th Round - 2 wraiths (nettlings).  1 Mephit.

Dunno about other tactics, but SW success definitely hinges on getting rid of all of a spawn before the next wave spawns.  If done fast enough, many can regain a bit of stamina, which can be useful.  I know we can do this.

Why is nobody else posting what spawns at the other 3 spots?  We need this info.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:55:48 AM by Maglor »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »

Solid attempt at this last night.  Outlined below are some clarifications and tweaks going forward.

Adds & Crystals

Adds spawn from Crystals.  It's extremely important that you're not standing at the crystal as each add wave spawns. 

I created some add wave countdown trigger overlays to help in this area.   There are waves of adds every 3 minutes.  The countdown overlay is set for 2 minutes 50 seconds.  Once it has elapsed, a text pop up will warn that adds are about to spawn.  When this happens, move to the middle away from your assigned crystal.  Face your crystal and you can see the adds spawn.  Once tanks have engaged and positioned your mobs, react to MA calls and/or continue with your class role. 

Be aware:  Certain classes (as I'll explain below), need to return to their assigned crystal after each wave of adds have been engaged in order to  negate the aura affecting them.

Select Tanks:  Some are asked to position mobs sometimes between XX and XX crystals.  Just before adds are about to spawn (and for engage), it's helpful if you position yourself where you need to be and then you can just tag your mob when it pops and adjust slightly backwards as needed.  In other words, the general "move to middle"  I mentioned above is mainly for the bulk of the raid, and doesn't include tanks with special mob position instructions.  Thanks.

Crystals & Auras

As you know, there are four crystals located around the room (SE, SW, NW, NE).  You're assigned to one of these crystal areas by group number.  However be aware of the following:

Arcing the ground in front of each crystal are a series of yellow double dots.  These are like border markers, where inside the boundary of the dots closest to the crystal puts you inside that crystals negation aura which can counteract the detrimental aura that may be in play (depending on the add stage, each stage has a different aura).

Now, why does this matter?  Because as outlined in the above strategy post, certain detrimental auras affect specific classes more so than others.  We're also limited to 12 players negating the aura in play for the related crystal.

Please watch for instructions given during PREP in your related channels, as only certain classes are asked to be at their crystals after the adds have spawned to counteract the effects.

Event Area Map

Here's a very rudimentary map marking the four crystals.  Set the height filter to 25/25, and toggle whatever other layers to make the locations appear.

Crystal Locations Map:  heartoffearb_3.txt

Or add them yourself:

Code: [Select]
P 174.9977, -149.6986, -617.2972,  0, 0, 0,  3,  NE
P 145.7957, 135.9558, -617.4005,  0, 0, 0,  3,  SE
P -216.4457, 108.4337, -617.4004,  0, 0, 0,  3,  SW
P -152.9238, -129.3300, -617.4004,  0, 0, 0,  3,  NW

Text / Audio Triggers

Add wave countdown timers.  The waves are three minute durations.  The countdown timers are set for 2 minutes, 50 seconds.  Once the timer has elapsed, a text overlay appears reminding adds are about to spawn and to reposition (ie, you don't want to be directly at crystals as adds spawn). 

It's easier to move to middle just before next wave of adds spawns, turn and face your crystal.  Then you can see as the adds spawn, tanks position and MA/etc resumes.  Classes assigned to be at certain crystals can re-position again safely once the adds have been engaged.

GTT File: hof-rebirth-add-wave-timer.gtt

Audio Files: None, text to speech GTT feature used instead.

Lightcrawler Mob (a mirrorshell crawler)

We appear to get our first lightcrawler on 3rd wave.  We may get more later.

Select Assigned Lightcrawler Tanks:

When a Mosquito dies, it'll leave behind non-targetable roots called cursed bloodsipper roots, that look like the following:

Take the lightcrawler (a mirrorshell crawler), and drag it over to the roots to trap it and remove the spell reflection buff.  You'll know it worked as the mob name will change to: a nonreflective crawler.

Once it's rooted, it may summon when damaged.  We'll see.  But the point is, we need the reflection buff gone so that SW casters can kill it quickly. 

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 11:43:44 PM »

Wave Adds Breakdown

Collalated wave and add details so far are:

SOUTH EAST 
Wave
    Mobs

4 Lifeleeches

4 Worms

2 Lifeleeches
2 Lightcrawlers

2 Lifeleeches
2 worms

2 Lightcrawlers
2 Worms

SOUTH WEST 
Wave
    Mobs

2 Gargoyles

3 Wraiths

3 Mephits

2 Gargoyles
2 Wraiths

2 Wraiths
1 Mephit

NORTH WEST 
Wave
    Mobs

3 Pests

1 Pest
2 Mosquitoes

4 Mosquitoes

Notes:

Waves 3 and 5: - Chaos caller spawns somewhere.  When killed grants a DPS buff on raid called: Echo of Chaos, 90s duration (300' range from point of mob death).

Lifeleech Pheromones (Green Ooze)

Spawns at the location a Lifeleech dies.  If you go near a green ooze, you get hit by Lifeleech Pheromones which causes aggro on mobs (lots of aggro).

It's very possible players are running over these by mistake and that's why we see ping-ponging of mobs all over the place at times.  The effect lasts 30 seconds, but I know I've had it on twice by mistake and the aggro is very real, mobs instantly went for me.

An audio trigger when you're hit by the effect may help as well.

Pattern: You feel all eyes upon you.

GTT Trigger: hof-rebirth-green-aggro-ooze

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:09:05 AM by Furro »

Phurious

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 02:33:09 AM »
is there any way to somehow control that 5th wave so they don't go killing all the healers and dps right away?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:05:58 AM by Phurious »

Malcontent

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 04:05:04 AM »
Thinking that maybe if the Leech tanks were to try and kite a few of the named npcs around on wave 5 it might make enough of a difference to allow a win.  We are losing to deaths from them it seems to me.  Even just taking 3 of them out of the mix might make the difference.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 04:12:12 AM »
Thinking that maybe if the Leech tanks were to try and kite a few of the named npcs around on wave 5 it might make enough of a difference to allow a win.  We are losing to deaths from them it seems to me.  Even just taking 3 of them out of the mix might make the difference.

G2 tanks have nothing to tank on 5th.  I'd like you guys to drag the named NE for enchanters to Mez.

Also, for 5th wave once the lightcrawlers are trapped, we'll leave them (no damage to prevent summoning), that'll alleviate some healing temporarily.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:15:01 AM by Furro »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 05:04:40 AM »
I noticed that the named mobs we are trying to mez and not kill are also mobs who start out alive, around the four spires, and aiding us.  As they die, they become enemies of ours.  It seems to me that when they are ours they get major agro from our mobs.  It might be a good idea to see if we can heal them, that way we might be able to keep them alive longer, helping us, and not fighting us.

I know this because I finally noticed an NPC I know tanking one of our mobs -- The same name that had been a mob so often against us.  And yes, the NPC's health was getting lower and lower, even with a number of us whaling on the mob and tanks trying to get agro.  The mob noticed the NPC and only the NPC.

Darkenvoid

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 01:22:01 PM »
We need to change the way tanks are assigned for the SW area.  As its been assigned, we have someone getting double assigned on waves 4 and 5, and every tank has to tab back and forth to the website to see what each wave consists of and redo assigns.  In theory its doable, but a few people are having serious issues grasping it.

Best case = 4 tanks and Furro assigns per wave.
ex) SW wave 1 = Maglor Garg00 , Steel Garg01
            wave 2 = Maglor Wraith00, Steel Wraith01, Ribb Wraith02

Also noted, gargs are the meanest melee with an AE ramp, try not to stack the gargs and get our melee dps on them owned.  Mephits could get mezd, but rarely did it seem anyone is free to do so.  If someone plans on mez'ing them, let us know so we aren't breaking it.

The SW mobs also weren't bad to kite.  It appeared that the best way to handle wave 5 was to kite the mobs until other areas cleaned up and were ready for them.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 01:07:32 AM »

Defeated Saturday, August 31, 2013 --  Nice work everyone!

To follow are various replies and adjusts/updates.

I noticed that the named mobs we are trying to mez and not kill are also mobs who start out alive, around the four spires, and aiding us.  As they die, they become enemies of ours.  It seems to me that when they are ours they get major agro from our mobs.  It might be a good idea to see if we can heal them, that way we might be able to keep them alive longer, helping us, and not fighting us.

I know this because I finally noticed an NPC I know tanking one of our mobs -- The same name that had been a mob so often against us.  And yes, the NPC's health was getting lower and lower, even with a number of us whaling on the mob and tanks trying to get agro.  The mob noticed the NPC and only the NPC.

Keeping the initial friendly NPCs alive isn't feasible unfortunately.  I've tried healing even a charmed one several times, and the damage is just extreme.  They provide some brief DPS though.  Only way I can see us making use of them in a friendly state is when tanks pick up their mobs quickly enough before the mob kills the friendly NPC.

NPCs (like pets etc) of this nature will always have top aggro when no other player is closer to the mob.  You guys were probably just further away from the mob than the NPC at the time resulting in the mob going at the NPC instead of others.

We need to change the way tanks are assigned for the SW area.  As its been assigned, we have someone getting double assigned on waves 4 and 5, and every tank has to tab back and forth to the website to see what each wave consists of and redo assigns.  In theory its doable, but a few people are having serious issues grasping it.

Best case = 4 tanks and Furro assigns per wave.
ex) SW wave 1 = Maglor Garg00 , Steel Garg01
            wave 2 = Maglor Wraith00, Steel Wraith01, Ribb Wraith02

Also noted, gargs are the meanest melee with an AE ramp, try not to stack the gargs and get our melee dps on them owned.  Mephits could get mezd, but rarely did it seem anyone is free to do so.  If someone plans on mez'ing them, let us know so we aren't breaking it.

The SW mobs also weren't bad to kite.  It appeared that the best way to handle wave 5 was to kite the mobs until other areas cleaned up and were ready for them.

I agree.  The reason I went with the mob type assigns initially was to expedite the setup (each area tanks work out your targets).  We know which mobs spawn each wave as well now, so I'll rework the keys to break things down further.  Thanks.

Re: Gargoyles

Good point on the AE rampage, something I can't see where I'm located in the event.  Distancing the gargs will help.  This is something tanks assigned to gargs should work out during prep imo.

Only mez option we'd have available for mephits would be necro mez.  Sinnayr has been slowing all the mobs SW so far.  I'm not sure how effective he'd be at mezzing a mephit.  I'll talk with him and see.  Also their mez is limited to level 100 most likely.

Re: SW and kiting on W5

I'm not big on kiting anything (unless it's a mechanic like with leeches to kill them).   It's inherently risky kiting stuff, and when things go wrong, it's game over.  I'm not completely against it, just saying.  I put 4 tanks SW, that's plenty to deal with W5 which consists of two Wraiths and a single Mephit.  The extra tank is supposed to reinforce the other three with Paladin heals.

A word on the reinforcement for heals.  The same holds true for the other waves.  W1, 2 Gargs - 4 tanks, each free paladin backs up each point tank, etc.  Here, I'll explain it better with our real example, on the win run:

SW Groups, 3, 4, 5

3   Nuttann      100   Druid   Group Leader   
3   Kotsukai   100   Necromancer      
3   Uora      100   Wizard      
3   Linyeniel   100   Magician      
3   Maglor      100   Paladin   
3   Nuuen      100   Magician      

4   Steel      100   Paladin   Group Leader   
4   Sinnayr      100   Necromancer      
4   Sunlace      100   Magician      
4   Ghanda      100   Druid      
4   Curmugly   100   Wizard      
4   Subzeero   100   Wizard      

5   Darkenvoid   100   Paladin   Group Leader   
5   Windreaper   100   Cleric   
5   Rnani      100   Wizard      
5   Drasp      100   Shadow Knight      
5   Kevsaiyan   100   Ranger      
5   Kaifeng      100   Paladin      

So tanks are assigned.  1 is in each group, except for G5 which has two, but the cleric works best in G5 due to group heals/HoT/Arbs when dealing with two tanks (especially for W4 with 4 mobs up).

So,

W1: 2 gargs, 1 tank from each single group and each has a healer.  Leaves 2 Paladins free to reinforce each point tank on a garg.
W2: 3 wraiths, 3 tanks, 3 groups each tank has a healer..  The G5 Paladin extra is reinforcing with heals all three other tanks.
W3: 3 mephits, 3 tanks, same as above setup.
W4: 2 gargs, 2 wraiths (the baby jesus wave for SW imo), G5  w/2 tanks takes a Wraith each, (SK hits epic).  The cleric can twincast group heals, Paladins group/self heal as well.  The gargs die first, freeing up both Paladins in G3, 4, which then reinforce their heals towards G5 Wraith tanks.
W5: 2 wraiths, 1 mephit.  3 mobs, 4 tanks.  Same as W2,3 imo, 1 tank per, with extra Paldain reinforcing.

Both necros in G3, 4, are running RB for little extra healage with procs.

Breakdown for assigns would be:

SW - W1: (gargs /tar a_brittle_fiend0# ) -> Maglor (00), Steel (01)
SW - W2: (wraiths /tar a_nettling_extractor0# ) ->  Darkenvoid (00), Kaifeng (01), Steel (02)
SW - W3: (mephits /tar a_capricious_mephit0#) -> Maglor (00), Steel (01), Kaifeng (02)
SW - W4: (gargs 2x) -> Maglor (00), Steel (01) -- (wraiths 2x) -> Darkenvoid (00), Kaifeng (01)
SW - W5: (mephit 1x) -> Maglor (00) -- (wraiths 2x) -> Darkenvoid (00), Kaifeng (01)

Depending on our heal setup as well each time, we can still explore mephit mez with necro if doable.

Also, HP details on the Wraiths vs Mephits would be useful.  Maybe one has less than the other, and we can dispatch Mephits more quickly as an example.  DPS assigned SW, providing some HP/kill times for these mobs would be helpful at the moment.

I think the rough wave for SW is 4th though.  That's when you're dealing with 4 mobs and no room for errors.

Wave Adds Breakdown

Added the wave tables to the original post and updated.

SW W5 Update: 4 Mosquitoes

NE Table Added:

NORTH EAST 
Wave
    Mobs

2 Hobo (beggar)

2 Thralls
    1 Chaos Caller

2 Thralls?

2 Thralls
1 Hobo (beggar)

?
?

Conflicting details in the FLCC convo:

[Sat Aug 31 21:57:06 2013] Oruatyrim tells FLCC:8, 'thralls spawn in wave 2, 4, 5...

[Sun Sep 01 00:05:07 2013] You tell FLCC:8, 'ray, or landy, maybe post/pm what spawns each wave, ne, and I can update the table I have going in the related thread'
[Sun Sep 01 00:06:43 2013] Rayimalon tells FLCC:8, '2 hobo w1.. 2 thrall 1 Chaos caller, w2.. 2 thrall w3... 2 thrall, 1 hobo w4... not sure on 5.. I missed it'

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:28:10 AM by Furro »