Author Topic: HoF - Epicenter - An End to Fear  (Read 12459 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
HoF - Epicenter - An End to Fear
« on: September 06, 2013, 02:01:43 AM »
The Epicenter - An End to Fear

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: The Threshold

NPC Name: Torchbearing Spirit
NPC Location: The Threshold

Keyword to Enter: Go

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Chelsith - Champtions of the People
  Shadows - Dispelling the Shadows
  Threshold - Glimpse, the Unseen
  Rebirth - Memories of the Faceless

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

This event takes place in two stages.

Stage 1

The room consists of the boss Xaric in the middle, and SEVEN crystals surrounding it at a distance.

Upon triggering the event, Xaric goes active and waves of adds come from different directions and attack the crystals.

We begin by allowing ONE mob to eat a crystal and absorb its power resulting in it turning into a special named mob.  We then OFF-TANK this mob and drag it over to each crystal, and as we destroy the crystal an AURA spawns in its place and the mob eventually absorbs its power.  We repeat this process for all SEVEN crystals located around the room.

During this time, adds are spawning continuously and attacking our crystals.  We must intercept and kill these adds to prevent them from destroying our crystals.

Once our special named mob has absorbed all SEVEN crystals, we kill it, and CAZIC the Inchoate spawns!

Stage 2

CAZIC has various AEs, and non-confrontational Pillars spawn at set intervals each with a special AE we must deal with.

We must DPS XARIC down to 1%, where its HP will lock.  We then take CAZIC down to 10% HP, which causes him to emote and cast Cazic Touch

In order to unlock XARICs HP and make it vulnerable again, CAZIC must be close to XARIC as the Cazic Touch AE goes off.

An emote will go off when XARIC becomes vulnerable, and we have 40 seconds to KILL XARIC before it reverts to invulnerable again.

Once we kill both XARIC and CAZIC, the event is complete.

Be aware: During this time, the adds are still spawning and must be dealt with.  In addition, there are small crystals that appear randomly and AE DD then disappear.  Move away from the crystals as best able.  Always ASSIST MA when called on please for adds, we don't want to be overrun.

TACTICAL NOTE:

Until XARIC is at 1%, we will keep CAZIC AWAY.  Once Xaric is 1%, we'll take CAZIC down to 12%.

When CAZIC is 12%, our Main Tank will drag CAZIC to XARIC and EVERYONE ELSE BACK OFF AND RANGE DPS ONLY.  SPREAD OUT WIDE.

Range DPS Cazic from 12% to 10%, Cazic will cast CT DoT which lands on Xaric and unlocks HP.  We then RANGE DPS AND KILL XARIC from afar.

We then RANGE DPS ONLY and take down CAZIC (because it's still casting the CT DoT).

The Cazic Thule DoT is a targeted PBAE from player location.  IF we're close together, it will hit EVERYONE and kill us.  This is why we want everyone to SPREAD OUT when the CT DoT starts to avoid it hitting many people.

Xaric - Details

Various AEs in play.

InfluxPULL effect (Target AE, 1000' range, AE Range 30')
InterphasicSelf-Buff when Xaric fades and goes Invulnerable and wipes aggro
Jagged Swath86k DD Directional FRONT arc
Lifepool75k DD Lifetap (Caster PB, AE range 25')
Shard Rain43k DD three AE waves (Target AE, Range 1000', AE Range 40')
Marked for PunishmentIncreases incoming damage from detrimental spells
  (1-60%, Target AE, Range 1000', AE Range 55')

Add & Crystal Details

Listing for now, will complete with details as CC/others feedback to any weaknesses and/or successful CC tactics (root/mez/snare/punts, weapon weaknesses, resists etc).

a bonepile fearspawn
a fearbred hatchling
a fearbrute
a feareaper
a frightfinger
a glarelord
a nascent fearling
a protogen fear
a tentacle aberration
a terrorspinner
an embodiment

Two crystal types:  Spawn and explode at players.  Note/report any observations.

impalement crystal
a gestation crystal

Cazic the Inchoate - Details

Various AEs in play.

Note:  Lots of AEs in play, and I'm listing them for completeness for now.  Some AEs are the same as the Pillars, which could be that Cazic casts the related Pillar AE, not the Pillar itself.  We'll know more after seeing it first hand.  For now, I've separated them from the known Pillar AEs which are listed further below.

Cazic Touch    CT 90k DoT Targeted Player PBAE 60' range
Cazic's Displeasure100k DD + knockback/up (single-target, 130' range)
Desperate Freeze II72k DD (Caster PB, 50' range)
Desperate Inferno II72k DD (Caster PB, 50' range)
Desperate Lightning II72k DD (Caster PB, 50' range)
Frozen Dread100k DD + Stun (single-target, 2000' range)
Magi Curse II60k DD + Stun + Mana Drain 4k + DoT 15k (Targeted AE, 1000' range, AE Range 9')
Scarab Storm II43k DD + 17k DoT (Targeted AE, 1000' range, AE Range 18', Disease counters 75)
Seeping Chill IIIncrease spell DMG taken by 33k from Frost Breath II (74k DD, Target AE, 1k' range, AE 35' range),
  (Seeping Chill II - Caster PB, 125' range, Curse counters 75)
Strength of MadnessSelf-Buff on boss, adds 72k DD Proc
Strength of Madness II
Strike of Madness72k DD + knockback/up (single-target, 30' range)
Strike of Madness II
Tigir's Insects IIMelee/Caster SILENCE + Mana/Endurance drain DoT 2k per tick (Caster PB, 100' AE Range)

Creeping Dread
Creeping Dread II
Devouring Anxiety
Devouring Anxiety II
Fright Force
Fright Force II
Oppression of Misery
Oppression of Misery II
Terrifying Sluggishness
Terrifying Sluggishness II

Crystals & Auras

Bring our one add to our starting crystal.  Destroy crystal, the add absorbs aura, name changes to a tentacle aberration, and cumulatively adopts the associated AE.

FRIGHTFright Force: 100k DD + knockback/up

ANGUISHMiasma of Anguish: 77k DD + Increase Hate 150%

TERRORTerrifying Sluggishness: 74k DD + Spell/Melee SLOW + Snare - FRONTAL ARC directional

MADNESSStrength of Madness: Self buff, procs Strike of Madness II + Melee haste 20%

MISERYOppression of Misery: Cap HP at 65%
  Causes damage to SELF when using MELEE or MAGIC attacks:
  If you cast a spell, you get hit by a 74k DD (Lash of Misery II)
  Reverse DS for melee, your melee attacks cause 1500 damage per.

DREADCreeping Dread: Casting Interrupt (35%) recourse 123k DD + Stun if not cured in 12s (curse cure 80)
  Pattern: You feel a weight of impending doom.

ANXIETYDevouring Anxiety: 24k DoT + AC/Resist Debuff

Note: Pillar of Influence is probably the 7th (Touch of Cazic?).

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

Xaric DPS window overlay. 

Will add other triggers as necessary as we size up.

GTT File: hof-fear.gtt
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:40:05 AM by Furro »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HoF - Epicenter - An End to Fear
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:35:16 AM »
All I know is that the skeleton adds did not summon, though I could ae agro them then kite them -- i was a bit faster than they were  (Had to, they all ganged up and destroyed the crystal I was guarding, so I ganked them before they could absorb the essence of madness.).  The special mob that was absorbing the essences summoned, however, as did Xaric.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:52:01 AM »
All I know is that the skeleton adds did not summon, though I could ae agro them then kite them -- i was a bit faster than they were  (Had to, they all ganged up and destroyed the crystal I was guarding, so I ganked them before they could absorb the essence of madness.).  The special mob that was absorbing the essences summoned, however, as did Xaric.

Did you notice if the skeletons were actually flagged undead?

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 01:00:43 AM »

Took our first look at this on Thursday.  Updating and adding details based on feedback/logs etc.

Add & Crystal Details * Updated: 09/06/2013

Listing for now, will complete with details as CC/others feedback to any weaknesses and/or successful CC tactics (root/mez/snare/punts, weapon weaknesses, resists etc).

Notes:
- Adds cycle through different types of mobs.  Once one type is up, prior types stop spawning?
- We'll NPC raid mark the FIRST mob we want to KEEP (not kill), to use it to absorb our first aura.  From there, MA will work the rest to kill.
- ALL are immune to MEZ, SNARE/Root, Punts.

a bonepile fearspawnSkeletonDo not summon
a fearbred hatchlingGhoul?
a fearbruteAmy?
a feareaperSpec?
a frightfingerFinger?
a glarelordEyeball?
a nascent fearlingWorm/scavenger?
a protogen fearGolemRespawn if killed (test fear/blind and other cc methods and report)
a tentacle aberrationTentacle?
a terrorspinnerSpider?

an embodimentSteel GolemPenalty mob (adds up too long?)

Special Crystals:

impalement crystalStage 2, Xaric fade in/out spawns 3 to form a triangle and DD's inside
a gestation crystal

Crystal Locations Map

I did up a map of the crystal locations.  It'll help especially after we work out the best absorption sequence.

heartoffearc_3.txt

Stage 2

Note to add:

When Xaric fades out and back in, it casts THREE large yellow crystals (probably impalement crystals, orange/yellow in color).  The three crystals form a triangle and anyone within it is hit by a massive 150k DD (Final Impalement).

Oruatyrim

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 02:47:23 AM »
to fill in some of your "?'s" Furro...

A fearbred hatchling--does not summon
a fearbrute--does summon... spawns when a skeleton absorbs an aura (means we messed up)
a fearreaper--does summon... spawns when a ghoul absorbs an aura (means we messed up)
a frightfinger-- does not summon.. spawns in stage 2, 2 total
a glarelord-- does not summon.. spawns in stage 2, 2 total
a nascent fearling-- does not summon
a protogen fear-- does not summon
a terrorspinner-- does not summon.. spawns in stage 2, 2 total
a tentacle aberration-- does summon... spawns when a worm absorbs an aura
an embodiment-- does summon... spawns when a protogen absorbs an aura

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 04:20:05 AM »
Ok.  I noticed a few things.

First -- the coccoons are like Kremlin onion dome tops on top of thin trunks.  They spawn in different locations depending on the adds spawning.  I noticed that they spawned in groups of 3-4 always close together at one time and when they break at the top, the mobs spawn.  The earlier ones (nascent, hatchlings) spawn along the walls in the room, but by the time we get to the skeletons (bonepile) they are spawning inside, or at least close to, the ring of the 7 crystals.

Second -- as is known the seven crystals are seven different colors.  Anguish is white, Terror is black, Madness is red, Misery is blue, Dread is green, Anxiety is aqua and Fright is yellow.  What I noticed is that when the crystal is broken a large dim aura radiates from the ground around where the crystal is, and the aura (or glow) is the same color as the crystal that was broken.  That said, the black blends right into the ground and is almost impossible to see, whereas the white does not produce much of a contrast and is almost as hard.  The other 5 are much more noticable.

For this reason, I strongly recommend that we do the crystals starting with Terror (black) the aura of which is the hardest to see when the crystal is broken.  Then proceed to the one that I think is the second hardest to see, Angush (white).  This is counterclockwise, opposite the direction we have been going, but I think it will make it easier.  We can actually let the fearspawns destroy the crystals for us -- just got to make sure they do not absorb the essence of the crystal before the one we want to absorb it does so.  In fact, while our desired fearspawn is absorbing Terror we can let the others destroy Anguish, then when our fearspawn is destroying Anguish we can let the fearspawns destroy Fright (yellow).  This is just my idea, of course, but it could allow us to control the spawns a bit better.  Even call it out ahead of time in the raid.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:26:26 AM by Maglor »

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
We had some good runs, just taking us too long to get going.  We kill aura mob like 5 times before we get it right.  A lot of waste their.  DPS should always be assisting MA, not just hitting random mobs.  It makes our DPS and tanking/heals more efficient anyway. 

If the fearspawns kill a crystal, that would put them directly in the aura.  Not to mention that the fearspawns dont just attack the next crystal in order, they attack different crystals.  Would be very difficult if not impossible to control that way.  IMO, we need to tag them quickly and keep them as far away from crystals as we can.   And if anything like group mission, as the fearspawn types progress, more spawn at a time. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:50:26 PM by Padraigg »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 06:49:39 PM »
We had some good runs, just taking us too long to get going.  We kill aura mob like 5 times before we get it right.  A lot of waste their.  DPS should always be assisting MA, not just hitting random mobs.  It makes our DPS and tanking/heals more efficient anyway. 

Yeah, even on the last attempt, at the start, G1 MTs had their mobs killed 2-3 times before one was alive long enough to absorb at our starting point.  Meanwhile, our Xaric tanks disc is running and we waste time overall.

I'll reiterate again in /rs just before engage to remind everyone that Group 1 MTs target, starting at Fright crystal is not to be touched.

If the fearspawns kill a crystal, that would put them directly in the aura.  Not to mention that the fearspawns dont just attack the next crystal in order, they attack different crystals.  Would be very difficult if not impossible to control that way.  IMO, we need to tag them quickly and keep them as far away from crystals as we can.   And if anything like group mission, as the fearspawn types progress, more spawn at a time.

I agree here.  We can't be letting mobs manipulate (DPS) the crystals down for us.  The crystal isn't hard to take down.  I'm in Group 1, and we're taking the crystal out in short order as we advance to each one during the absorption process.

Another side note here, when our name tentacle absorbs an aura, it adopts the associated AE.  So the order of the crystals matters because some AEs are more severe than others.   We're tweaking the order in this regard.

Bunch of other stuff in the logs I'm parsing through (emotes, AEs), and our raid/tank positioning matters as there are directionals we can be avoiding.  I'll post more later.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »

Various adjusts going forward.

Raid Positioning

Positioning between Madness (red) and Terror (black) crystals.

Main Tanks

Main Tanks: A tentacle aberration (our absorption named)

Crystal order:  Madness, Terror, Anguish, Fright, Anxiety, Dread, Misery

Within each aura, face this mob outwards towards the perimeter.  Terrifying Sluggishness, is a directional AE.  Less likely to hit others if you face it outward from get go as a habit (this AE is in play after Terror absorption).

Main Tanks: XARIC - Face Xaric towards the BIG crystal in the middle so the directional AE doesn't hit the raid.

Undead Flagged Mobs

Skeletons and Ghouls are undead flagged.  Paladins should be getting slays vs these.

a bonepile fearspawn
a fearbred hatchling

Additional Audio/Text Triggers

Added various triggers for effects that we can cure, and/or emotes that require reactions.

* GTT File: hof-fear-addon.gtt

Curse/Disease AEs & Cures:

Creeping Dread: 80 Curse counters - Casting Interrupt (35%) recourse 123k DD + Stun if not cured in 12s
Creeping Dread Pattern: You feel a weight of impending doom

Seeping Chill II:  75 Curse counters
Seeping Chill Pattern: You feel a chill seeping under your skin

Scarab Storm II: 75 Disease counters
Scarab Storm Pattern: Scarabs burrow into your skin

Marked for Punishment Trigger Emote:

Targets 3-6 players.  Results in Marked for Punishment on you.  Any incoming detrimental spells are amplified.

Pattern: You have been marked for punishment
Action: Run away, return on fade (unless Main Tank).

Marked for Punishment
Target: Target AE
Range: 1000', AE Range: 55'
Resist: Average -975
Casting: 0s
Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
1: Increase Spell Damage Taken by 1% to 60%
2: Limit Type: Detrimental
Text: You have been marked for punishment.
Increases incoming damage from detrimental spells.

Cazic Touch DoT:

CT casts a single target DoT mark on a random player(s).  Six seconds later, the actual CT DoT infects everyone within 60' radius of that player. 

When we have the targeting emote, we'll make a trigger.  But for now, I'm just including the infestation pattern (ie, infected and you'll need to get cured or die).  Since it's 55 corruption counters to cure it, unless you're cured within 2 ticks, you're going to die.  It'll take healers two casts to corruption cure this.

Pattern: The corruption of Cazic infests your body
Action: 55 corruption counters

Leashing

Would like to avoid these leashes if possible.  Those who are assigned with some kite duties, please be mindful of this and tighten up your pattern.

Code: [Select]
[Fri Sep 06 22:11:07 2013] a terrorspinner  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:11:12 2013] a terrorspinner  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:11:17 2013] a terrorspinner  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:15:08 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:16:43 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:17:28 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:21:28 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:25:58 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:26:23 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:02 2013] a terrorspinner  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:08 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:17 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:17 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:17 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:18 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:18 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 22:27:18 2013] a terrorspinner  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:10:49 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:11:14 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:11:49 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:12:59 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:13:49 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:16:29 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:16:44 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:04 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:07 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:24 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:32 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:34 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:34 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:49 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:54 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:57 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:17:59 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:04 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:04 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:04 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:07 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:14 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:19 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:22 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:24 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:24 2013] Cazic the Inchoate  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:34 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:34 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:44 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:49 2013] a frightfinger  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:18:54 2013] a glarelord  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Fri Sep 06 23:19:02 2013] Xaric  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Sat Sep 07 00:15:40 2013] a protogen fear  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Sat Sep 07 00:15:40 2013] a fearbred hatchling  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Sat Sep 07 00:15:55 2013] a protogen fear  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.
[Sat Sep 07 00:16:00 2013] a bonepile fearspawn  has been pulled too far from the source of fear.

Unknowns

Various unknowns.  Others such as melee/dps with effects on are more apt to recognize what's going on when these emotes are in play perhaps and can provide some feedback based on those observations.

Xaric Emote 1

An emote, with a 10 second window.  Not sure what the blast/penalty result is.

[Fri Sep 06 21:58:03 2013] Xaric  detects the presence of powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 21:58:13 2013] Xaric  sends a blast of paralysis at powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 21:58:48 2013] Xaric  detects the presence of powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 21:58:58 2013] Xaric  sends a blast of paralysis at powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 21:59:33 2013] Xaric  detects the presence of powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 21:59:43 2013] Xaric  sends a blast of paralysis at powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 22:00:18 2013] Xaric  detects the presence of powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 22:00:28 2013] Xaric  sends a blast of paralysis at powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 22:01:03 2013] Xaric  detects the presence of powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 22:01:13 2013] Xaric  sends a blast of paralysis at powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 22:03:33 2013] Xaric  detects the presence of powerful foes.
[Fri Sep 06 22:03:43 2013] Xaric  sends a blast of paralysis at powerful foes.

Xaric Emote 2

No idea.  Was during stage 2 I believe.  Perhaps it doesn't like melee on it during these times, or it's related to the amys.

[Fri Sep 06 22:21:10 2013] Xaric says, in Alaran, 'I will not tolerate the presence of brutes who rely on blades!'
[Fri Sep 06 22:21:56 2013] Xaric says, in Alaran, 'I will not tolerate the presence of brutes who rely on blades!'

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:40:26 PM by Furro »

Dimbly

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »
[Fri Sep 06 21:58:03 2013] Xaric  detects the presence of powerful foes.

I have seen this one several times when I was one of the last ones alive in the instance -- right before I was summoned and killed.  Fading doesn't seem to remove you from danger if you are still in the zone.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:04:53 PM by Dimbly »

Tyranosawr

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 01:18:24 AM »
If your not in the main fight area it doesnt hit you on that Dimbly

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 02:12:51 AM »

I agree here.  We can't be letting mobs manipulate (DPS) the crystals down for us.  The crystal isn't hard to take down.  I'm in Group 1, and we're taking the crystal out in short order as we advance to each one during the absorption process.

Another side note here, when our name tentacle absorbs an aura, it adopts the associated AE.  So the order of the crystals matters because some AEs are more severe than others.   We're tweaking the order in this regard.

Bunch of other stuff in the logs I'm parsing through (emotes, AEs), and our raid/tank positioning matters as there are directionals we can be avoiding.  I'll post more later.

I understand the issues here.  I just wanted to offer an alternative.  Besides, the real trick is not so much to stop the mobs from destroying the crystals as it is to prevent them from absorbing the essense of the destroyed crystal -- that is the real trick.

But my real point was to point out the color aura around the crystal area.  Even with our efforts, it sometimes proves futile.  Today I noticed 4 skeletons spawn and immediately go for the same crystal -- the Anxiety crystal.  We did not get the skeletons off it before they destroyed the crystal.  This, of course, spawned the aura.  There is, of course, no real problem -- except if 2 different fear-mobs absorb different auras and we have to destroy one of the fear-mobs.  Then I think the only clue where we need to drag the fear-mob we want is the color aura on the ground.  I know this happened once -- I literally overruled the tank and pulled the correct mob right to the center of the spot where we had killed the fear-mob that had wrongly absorbed the terror aura.  No mean trick that, and it is something I do not want to have to do again.  So knowledge of the colors on the ground can be critical to positioning our mob to the correct spot.

Tigerex

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 01:50:37 PM »
Seems like the faster we kill Xaric the faster we get adds to spawn. In the past 3 or 4 attempts we wiped due to adds loose and some even absorbing crystal. Xaric should be burned down after we have all adds down, not at the start.

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »
Seems like the faster we kill Xaric the faster we get adds to spawn. In the past 3 or 4 attempts we wiped due to adds loose and some even absorbing crystal. Xaric should be burned down after we have all adds down, not at the start.

I don't think it is Xaric health % spawns adds faster.  I am pretty sure that when the add that is dragged around absorbs a new aura and progresses, the add type changes (ie. from bug to ghoul) and as the add type changes, more adds spawn at a time.   That has been my observation (i know it is that way in the group mission).

I think it is more that, if we are burning xaric down to start, the adds are not getting killed as fast and start piling up as they are kited. I guess my main concern with kiting all those adds, is I could see one easily getting kited right into an aura.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:43:26 PM by Padraigg »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 10:30:21 PM »

Various adjusts going forward.

Raid Positioning

Positioning between Madness (red) and Terror (black) crystals.

Positioning between Anxiety (light blue) and Fright (Yellow)

Crysta Order

Crystal order:  Madness, Terror, Anguish, Fright, Anxiety, Dread, Misery

(edited my previous post to reflect this).  This order was in play for last weeks attempts and worked fine, we had other issues.

We're speeding up absorption by having select people work ahead on the next crystal.  As our tentacle is absorbing one aura, the next crystal is being prepped.  The faster this goes, the better, as it's less hang time in the stage, less time dealing with the those adds.  However, obviously we don't want auras up everywhere otherwise errant adds may absorb.

I think it is more that, if we are burning xaric down to start, the adds are not getting killed as fast and start piling up as they are kited. I guess my main concern with kiting all those adds, is I could see one easily getting kited right into an aura.

The reason we're experimenting with the engage burn is to get Xaric down to a 35% point while we're all fresh.  We'll have discs available again once we're into the 2nd stage, as it'll be roughly 10 mins later.

I agree, the adds are not being killed fast and do start to pile up.  I'm not a fan of kiting, but we're experimenting with it.  Also, I'm not convinced we can't keep pace with the adds (to a manageable degree), as we work the tentacle/aura mechanic to advance to the next stage after we spawn CT.

Once we have our lockouts again, we'll take another run at this and explore tactics further.  We're making progress though.