Author Topic: HoF - Epicenter - An End to Fear  (Read 12452 times)

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HoF - Epicenter - An End to Fear
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 02:54:45 AM »
I have noticed it takes a long time to get the Tentacle mob down once we get it all 7 essences.  I suspect that we need to kill it somewhat faster, meaning do more dps on it before it gets the 7th essence.  Yes, it may slow the dps on Xaric, but maybe worth it cause we can always increase the dps on Xaric at any time.

My thought.  I think we have to get Cazic up, get rid of the adds that spawned before cazic was up, then tear apart Xaric.

As for the mobs, I found they can be stunned.  BUT -- they are highly resistant to it.  Do not expect many stuns to land.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 02:57:19 AM by Maglor »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: HoF - Epicenter - An End to Fear
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 04:57:16 AM »

Defeated Friday, September 13, 2013!

Nice work everyone.  Bit if a mess there at the end, but a wins a win.

ADJUSTS:
  • 2nd Stage, kite CT until Xaric is 3%, then bring them CT over to Xaric for DT to fire.  Then we'll finish Xaric and win event.
  • A /rs caller for when big orange quad DD crystal formation spawns would be helpful if someone is interested in that duty.

I have noticed it takes a long time to get the Tentacle mob down once we get it all 7 essences.  I suspect that we need to kill it somewhat faster, meaning do more dps on it before it gets the 7th essence.  Yes, it may slow the dps on Xaric, but maybe worth it cause we can always increase the dps on Xaric at any time.

We had assigned silent DPS working Tentacle, but one of them fell asleep.  That's why Tentacle wasn't near dead by the time 7th was absorbed.  It'll be better next run though.

My thought.  I think we have to get Cazic up, get rid of the adds that spawned before cazic was up, then tear apart Xaric.

As for the mobs, I found they can be stunned.  BUT -- they are highly resistant to it.  Do not expect many stuns to land.

CT up is the priority to get out of 1st stage.  The delay as I said above slowed that inadvertently.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 05:00:33 AM by Furro »