Author Topic: CoTF - Dead Hills - The Legacy of Bayle  (Read 10811 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
CoTF - Dead Hills - The Legacy of Bayle
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:16:55 PM »
Dead Hills - The Legacy of Bayle

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Dead Hills

NPC Name: Adana Baxter
NPC Location: Marked on map

Keyword to Enter: Ready

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Ethernere - The Doomscale Horde
Dead Hills - Xulous Prime

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

Adana Baxter informs us that Kyle Bayle has finally emerged from his stinkin' crib, the Tower of Rot.  To keep Norrath in balance (okay okay, I'm overplaying it a little maybe), Freelance must force Kyle Bayle back into his tower.  We then storm the Tower of Rot, rescue the princess and steal the stash of pies! Okay fine, we don't storm the tower (yet!), there's no princess and no pies.  We'll accept the challenge anyway and teach Bayles subordinates a lesson!

When the event is activated, Bayles subordinates activate (some at different times).

Sergeant LarenzoSelf Buffs Protection of Bayle - Mitigate 50% melee + Spell resists (1700+)
  CASTERS: when Larenzao has his protection self buff is on, your spells will RESIST.

Sergeant GradyCasts Arrows of Rot - Hatelist DoT + Root + Melee SLOW.  Targets players, AEs 100' around player
  Note, if one or more Sergeant active, players assigned to the other(s), avoid getting on Sergeant Grady's hatelist.
  Warning emote: [ missing, if exists ]
  Pattern ref: And strikes you with a barrage of tainted arrows!
  Public pattern ref: Sinnayr is struck with a number of tainted arrows!

Sergeant BrennGuardsman's Fury - 75k DD + Stun (Single target)

Captain KanteerSpawns ADDS and casts Guardsman's Fury and self buffs Protection of Bayle

Captain adds:CC: Test and report.
a royal healer--
a royal scout--
a royal soldier--
a royal wizard--

Any questions, please reply to this thread or ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Note: WIP strategy prep post based on group mission.  Reply with any AEs, Emotes and/or other details revealed in the raid version, and I'll update this post if/where applicable.

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

To be added if/as applicable.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:38:13 AM by Furro »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dead Hills - The Legacy of Bayle
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:09:32 AM »
Ok. These are my and Steel's observations, along with recommendations.

First, the Captain is red.  Hits hard.  Every time I died it was to the Captain.  I could stand up to several blues with some effort but the captain would take a swipe at me and boom, dead.  Recommend warriors only focus on him.

The mini’s.  All 3 are white and all 3 are sergeants.  High resistance to pally stuns and undead slows, but vulnerable to pally undead blasts.  They are not immune to the stuns and slows, just a very high resistance.  They do not do too much damage.  Recommend having SK’s tank them.  Also, when we have chanters have them tash the sargeants to see if we can get stuns and slows to hold -- if we can that would solve a lot of problems.

One mini, Sergeant Grady, has a nasty root.  He gets agro on you if you have agro on any of the minis or on the Captain.  His root seems to be zone wide.  It is definitely a huge range, one of the SK’s in my group died a ways away due to the root and I could not rez him.  Strongly suggest we burn Grady before we try anything else.

Blues are wimpy, their only key is they keep respawning.  They are not pally slowable but all (except maybe the scouts) are stunable.  Recommend that pallies tank these with stuns and undead blasts.  Will figure out the correct stun spell lineup because a stunned blue cannot do any damage whatsoever.  Which is nice.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:12:36 AM by Maglor »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:10:23 AM »
And yes, I know we have to be healing too.  Am working on a spell set that will allow us to tank the blues and heal at the same time.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 12:29:16 AM »
Our last attempt, when we burned down all the sergeants first, worked out best.  I still had time left on my Bullseye after Grady was dead, and the first Auspice had run out, so I figured that it would be good to throw my Auspice while everyone still had burn disciplines running.  The second and third sergeants went down quickly enough after that (there may have been a third Auspice, too).  Have we figured out whether the adds are time-based or percentage-based?  That might give us a better idea whether to keep burning sergeants or save something for the Captain.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:36:15 AM »
Our last attempt, when we burned down all the sergeants first, worked out best.  I still had time left on my Bullseye after Grady was dead, and the first Auspice had run out, so I figured that it would be good to throw my Auspice while everyone still had burn disciplines running.  The second and third sergeants went down quickly enough after that (there may have been a third Auspice, too).  Have we figured out whether the adds are time-based or percentage-based?  That might give us a better idea whether to keep burning sergeants or save something for the Captain.

Adds spawn around every 2 minutes and 10% HP of Kanteer.

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 02:03:11 AM »
Adds spawn around every 2 minutes and 10% HP of Kanteer.
The adds spawn in sets of 3.  I noticed that they seem to spawn in 2 sets of 3, one after the other.  This seems to be timed to the HP of Kanteer.  The 2 minutes seem to be just 1 set of 3.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 04:49:25 AM »

Re: Adds

I'll update the strat post before our next run.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 04:52:25 AM »
Defeated Friday, January 24, 2014!

Nice work everyone!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:58:26 AM by Furro »

Minisca

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 03:40:25 PM »
Nice win FL!

Mini

Mugsie

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Re: CoTF - Dead Hills - The Legacy of Bayle
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 03:00:18 AM »
Timered adds seem not to respawn if they are still up (but % based ones will still spawn).

Given that some adds are mezzable, some are snare/rootable, and ALL are charmable (BIG HINT) you can use this information if it helps.

Mugsie

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: CoTF - Dead Hills - The Legacy of Bayle
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »
Timered adds seem not to respawn if they are still up (but % based ones will still spawn).

Given that some adds are mezzable, some are snare/rootable, and ALL are charmable (BIG HINT) you can use this information if it helps.

Mugsie

We do a combo of charming for extra DPS, and killing the rest basically.  The post is dated, so I updated it to reflect our current methods with a little footnote in regards to the adds.