Author Topic: CoTF - Bixie Warfront - Saving Jacyll  (Read 22065 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: CoTF - Bixie Warfront - Saving Jacyll
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 08:38:55 PM »
Regarding the Drum rotation, we have a useful trigger that serves to better inform the next person to get ready to click the drum. I propose a slight change to reduce false firing, which occurs with the current trigger search text.

Current Trigger Search Text: GET READY TO CLICK DRUM
Proposed Trigger Search Text: YOURNAME GET READY TO CLICK DRUM

Hotkey:
Line1: /tell Soandso SOANDSO GET READY TO CLICK DRUM
Line2: /tell CLASS_CHANNEL DRUM CLICKED -- SOANDSO NEXT

The Drum area is under Dimblys purview.  I passed the info along via email, in case your post was accidentally overlooked.  I just wanted to reply so you know the post hasn't gone unnoticed.

Tmon

• Slacker
  • Freelance Raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 02:45:57 AM »
Thanks Furro.  I'm in China ATM, tried to connect from my hotel WiFi, but it was not reliable enough to maintain a steady connection.  Looking forward to returning to the US and raiding again with FL next week.  Good luck everyone.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 04:53:33 AM »
Thanks Furro.  I'm in China ATM, tried to connect from my hotel WiFi, but it was not reliable enough to maintain a steady connection.  Looking forward to returning to the US and raiding again with FL next week.  Good luck everyone.

Being in China, with a crappy connection is no excuse for missing raids!  Just letting you know.  Have a good one.

/em runs!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

Everyone - Damage Shield and Mana Drain Trigger Addition(s)

Stage 2 boss Warchanter Neezzee casts Chaotic Rune - 8600 DAMAGE SHIELD + A protective rune that casts Chaotic Feedback on those who cast spells on the bearer of this effect.  Chaotic Feedback is an 8000 MANA DRAIN + 26k DD. 

Select Drum song removes this effect, however it is not always consistent and therefore this trigger will be extremely helpful.

The DS will kill you if you're meleeing when the rune is up.  The mana drain from feedback will remove your mana in short order.

Trigger to warn when your casts results in feedback.

GTT File: cotf-bixie-warfront-saving-jacyll-chaotic-rune.gtt

Casting Pattern Reference: MANA DRAIN here for EACH cast.
[Sat Oct 19 22:11:24 2013] A surge of magic shocks your body.  You have taken 16492 points of damage.
[Sat Oct 19 22:11:27 2013] A surge of magic shocks your body.  You have taken 16492 points of damage.
[Sat Oct 19 22:11:31 2013] A surge of magic shocks your body.  You have taken 16492 points of damage.

Damage Shield Hits:
-- missing, need a tank/melee that was plowing by mistake for this pattern --

I've mentioned this in our DPS channel before, but didn't provide the trigger to aid.  Basically, this is an addon trigger I use to know when the next Chaotic Rune is going to be cast.  That way, I can optimize my spell casting (I use heal/nukes and twincast at various times), and avoid having my mana drained. 

This should help both our CASTER & MELEE DPS.  Melee, you can run in and directly melee, and then back off a few seconds before the rune is cast and avoid death to the DS etc.

I'm using GINA now, which allows for a warning text/sound as part of the overlay.  For example, when the Rune timer gets down to 5 seconds remaining, it'll fire a text/sound warning.  This should help by having a few seconds to react and briefly back off until Drum Clickers remove the rune.

For re-engaging, just watch our /rs calls for when MA calls you back in, no changes there.

GINA: cotf-bixie-warfront-saving-jacyll-rune-on-off-dps-window-trigger-gina.gtp

GTT: cotf-bixie-warfront-saving-jacyll-rune-on-off-dps-window-trigger-gtt.gtt

PS: We shouldn't see any melee (including tanks), plinking away with arrows/throws during this stage, with the exception of perhaps Rangers using discs (with bow).  The idea is to optimize the times when Rune is down to maximize our DPS potential by applying direct melee DPS (which is far superior to the aforementioned range dps methods).  Please keep this in mind and do your best to react to these windows so we can expedite this stage of the event and reduce our MT exposure/risk.

Tmon

• Slacker
  • Freelance Raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
Glad to see you have come over to GINA  ;)