Author Topic: DKP cost suggestion  (Read 4447 times)

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
DKP cost suggestion
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:39:33 PM »
As most of you know, the recent change in the minimum DKP cost for items from 10 to 50 had a side effect: many items that might have earned bids of 10 or 20, or been rolled on, went to FFA.  This is because many older items are simply not worth 50 DKP.  Last night's change that made FFA items cost 50 DKP was an attempt to remedy this effect, but not the root cause.  Now, items that might have been looted FFA will rot, because they're still not worth 50 DKP.  Rotting loot does not benefit anyone.  It doesn't increase the power of the raid force, nor does it earn DKP for raiders.  I believe the initial change to raise the minimum to 50 DKP was to speed up bidding.  This is fine, but if you don't like the side effects, let's fix the root cause.  I propose that tier 3 RoF loot have a minimum cost of 10 DKP, tier 4 RoF have a minimum of 20, and tier 1 CotF loot have a minimum of 50.  As newer content comes out, these values will be adjusted, just like we currently do when shifting older content from the DKP loot method to the random loot method.  This will speed up bidding while still allowing a fair value for older items.

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: DKP cost suggestion
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 07:44:29 AM »
The actual simple solution if loot is rotting is to stop doing those raids.

Yes, you solution on it's face makes sense. The issue is the complexity. Some items in T4 are still best in the game and no upgrades in cotf yet. Also some items like burden of truth are still best in game. Making the cost all the same is the simplest solution.

Juddor Darkguard

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:09:27 PM »
i like the rotting weapons for my wall =p

but not going to pay more then like 10 for em

Juddor

Luthernhamner

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:55:55 PM »
I like Borean's suggestion.  Current expansion loot should cost more.  Things like Burden of Truth aren't going to rot anyway, those are still bid on.  Here's another suggestion.
Minor runes = 5 DKP
Lessor Runes = 10 DKP
Meidan Runes = 15 DKP
Greater Runes = 20 DKP
Glowing Runes = 25 DKP
Or some multiple thereof.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 12:21:10 AM »
The actual simple solution if loot is rotting is to stop doing those raids.

Yes, you solution on it's face makes sense. The issue is the complexity. Some items in T4 are still best in the game and no upgrades in cotf yet. Also some items like burden of truth are still best in game. Making the cost all the same is the simplest solution.

Good point about the complexity, Huevos.  Here's a simpler solution: put the minimum cost back to 10 for bidding or rolling on all items, and put FFA cost back to 0.  I don't understand why the cost was changed in the first place.  Furro didn't explain his reasoning as far as I know.  He just announced the change.  If the reason was to speed up bidding, it doesn't make much of a difference.  The bids for good items zoom above 50 quickly enough.  if it was to encourage people to spend more DKP, it doesn't help there, either.  Some people spend DKP as fast as they earn it, and will continue to do so.  Those who have 1200 DKP because they won't spend 10 for an item certainly won't spend 50.

Pagus

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 12:24:06 AM »
The reason for the increase of 50 for all loot, is because a few people were looting the entire chest for tribute or for what ever the reason, but not letting others a chance at any of the loot.  So, make it all cost something should elimate that problem, but it makes it so the toons that may not have much dkp and dont want to spend on it, to stay weak and hurt the team.