Author Topic: tears of alras  (Read 5714 times)

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
tears of alras
« on: January 23, 2014, 07:29:49 AM »
FL Team,

here is the scaling of ters of alaras:

This items will evolve only by killing Alaran people, which excludes all animals, elementals, pig-men, original Norrathian races. Tear must be worn to evolve, like any evolving items.
The only alternative is use the Fragment of Legendary Alaran History which grants 10% on tears (capped to 100%), at least up to level 6. It is gained by succeeded the optional part of partisan task in Pillars of Alra.
The bonus is more linked to the max allowed than the %. A lot of people are 300+ on defense skill, meaning a bonus of 3 points per %, but you will always be capped by the max in parenthesis. For example, at level 2, the Tear will only grants 1 points instead of 3 ; you got 2 points at level 4 and 3 point at level 6. And more ironical, when you hit level 7 (2% bonus), you get 0 upgrade since still capped at 3 point, compare to the the 6 points corresponding to 2% of 300.
So progression on Tear is more accorded to the max allowed, which may be far from the annouced % (at level 20 10 points against 15) :
Level 1 = 0 point
Level 2-3 = 1 point -> 0.3% against 1%
Level 4-5 = 2 points -> 0.6% against 1%
Level 6-7 = 3 points -> 1% against 2%
Level 8-9 = 4 points -> 1.3% against 2%
Level 10-11 = 5 points -> 1.6% against 2%
Level 12-13 = 6 points -> 2% against 3%
Level 14-15 = 7 points -> 2.3%
Level 16-17 = 8 points -> 2.6%
Level 18-19 = 9 points -> 3%
Level 20 = 10 points -> 3.3% against 5%
The evolving of this item is already a pain, SOE may at least have not provided foolish information.

notes : As I am writing this post stats for level 14 to 19 are logical estimations

seen this from 1/22/2014 patch notes: - The Tears of Alaris can now be converted to and from augment form.

My Q: how
The only hard day was yesterday

Mildaria

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: tears of alras
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 11:16:30 PM »
Hi,

I made a spreadsheet while I leveled my tear, you may find it helpful. You can find it here. Enter your current level and % to next level to see how many clickies you need to level (or dark blue alarans to kill). I'm not sure if the exp requirements have changed since I did the quest.

The tear is not worth leveling via killing alone - Fragments of Alaran History are much more important as they give a ton more exp to the evolving item than mobs do. If you are doing the tear for more than 1 toon, I highly recommend doing the Pillars group tasks (each toon in the task & zone is given a fragment at completion). Pillars mobs can also drop fragments. If you're only doing the tear for one toon and have a strong aversion for pillars, I would farm fragments from alarans in the SL arena or any HoF zone.

As far as transition from item to augment and back - I think that's only the 20/20 fully evolved form, but I'm not sure.

Nuttann

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: tears of alras
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:18 PM »
There was a post on EQ forums related to the tear: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/fragment-of-legendary-alaran-history.204562/#post-3007930

The exp needed scales up per level and the fragments used to give a fixed exp amount.  This meant that at the higher levels, they only added one percent or so.  However, the post above was done after SOE adjusted it.  It now scales so that it does a fixed 10% early on and a fixed 5% later on.  The exp needed still scales so that kills raise the % faster at the lower levels and much slower at the higher levels.  Assuming the data in the post is correct, save the tears for the end. (E.g., If you have 20 or less, use them when you reach level 19.  If you have between 21 and 40, save 20 for level 19 and use the remainder at level 18 and so on.)