Author Topic: CoTF - Neriak Fourth Gate - Hate Rising  (Read 12748 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
CoTF - Neriak Fourth Gate - Hate Rising
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:11:37 AM »
Neriak Fourth Gate - Hate Rising

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Neriak Fourth Gate

NPC Name: Noxhil V`Sek
NPC Location: Marked on map

Keyword to Enter: Meet

Flag & Key Requirements

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Ethernere - The Doomscale Horde
Dead Hills - Xulous Prime
Bixie Warfront - Saving Jacyll
Neriak Fourth Gate - The House of Thex

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

Two stage event.  We have to protect Xavier and Kavi.

STAGE 1: Adds

Liches and Shades spawn when Prince Tarant Thex attempts to open the door.

When Liches/Shades die, Banshees and Spectors spawn.

LICHAURA Damage (20' range refIcy Rain - 45k DD (rain 3x.)
(a spiteful lich)Also does a 40k Lich Touch
Snareable

SHADESpell Reflects (10% chance) (ref Shield of Spite - 60k DD reflect on spells)
(a spiteful shade)Casters, note.

BANSHEEPicks random target, chases them.  If caught, target is charmed until Banshee dies.
(a spiteful banshee)A new target is charmed every 5 seconds.  It will ignore everyone else except its' chosen target

SPECTERRandomly attacks Xarvier or Kavi, or players if the friendlies are not available.  It'll ignore everyone but its target.
(a spiteful specter)

STAGE 2: Prince Tarant Thex & Dreadguards

When Prince Tarant Thex finds the scroll in the library, he calls in FIVE Dreadguard reinforcements.

Each 10% HP of Prince he will spawn THREE Dreadguards (one of each type).

Prince HP locks at 6% until all Dreadguard adds are killed.

Emote/Mechanic also in play (details below).

Positional note: Prince will leash and event reset if pulled down from the top floor of the library.

Prince Tarant Thex AEs:

Innoruuk's Lightning - 100k DD (targeted AE 8' to 30')
Spear Throw - 35k DD + Stun + FD + Root (ref: You are pinned to the ground by a spear.)

Dreadguard Add Types & Details:

CONJURORCasts beam and rain spells 45k DD (target ae, Molten Beam, Molten Rain)
SHIELDBEARERMitigates melee (test/report)
SWORDSMANCC: Charmable

Emotes & Mechanics:

During the Prince stage random players are targeted with the Spear Throw FD.  A few seconds later, the Innoruuk's Lightning 100k AE goes off where that player is FD.

Notes:
- Missing emote (I know I read about it somewhere, and it may even have a type 'a a' in it).
- MT will not get emoted
- Players targeted (FD), should not get hit by the 100k AE, but they will take damage from the Spear Throw (FD).

Any questions, please reply to this thread or ask in the FLRaids:raids channel.  Thanks.

Note: WIP strategy prep.  Will update the post to reflect our efforts as we progress.

Text / Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Mandatory Setup

* Replace YOURNAME where indicated for both emotes.
  • When the kite banshee emote fires, kite it around the edge of the pool of water with the big rock in it.
  • Lich AE DD Aura.  Every second you are inside it, causes 45k DD (mitigated, but still hurts).  The trigger will help clue in to move.

GTT File: cotf-neriak-hate-rising-add-emotes.gtt * Added: 01/31/2014

Pattern references:
Banshee targeted.  If caught, charm result.  Banshee targets another player afterwards and so on.
[Sun Jan 26 00:40:17 2014] a spiteful banshee turns her attention on Dimbly.

Every second lingering in the lich aura:
[Sat Jan 25 23:43:00 2014] You are bombarded by icy rain.  You have taken 22500 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 25 23:43:01 2014] You are bombarded by icy rain.  You have taken 22500 points of damage.

During the Prince stage random players are targeted with the Spear Throw FD.  A few seconds later, the Innoruuk's Lightning 100k AE goes off where that player is FD.  To be added once we see how this plays out.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:38:49 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: CoTF - Neriak Fourth Gate - Hate Rising
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:52:34 PM »
Event Adjusts

We took our first peak at this event tail end of our run last Saturday.  Trigger additions for our next attempt outlined below.

Trigger Additions

* Replace YOURNAME where indicated for both emotes.
  • When the kite banshee emote fires, try to avoid kiting through the raid, and keep the banshee out of the water (dps loses line-of-sight when the banshee is in the water)
  • Lich AE DD Aura.  Every second you are inside it, causes 45k DD (mitigated, but still hurts).  The trigger will help clue in to move.

GTT File: cotf-neriak-hate-rising-add-emotes.gtt * Added: 01/31/2014

Pattern references:
Banshee targeted.  If caught, charm result.  Banshee targets another player afterwards and so on.
[Sun Jan 26 00:40:17 2014] a spiteful banshee turns her attention on Dimbly.

Every second lingering in the lich aura:
[Sat Jan 25 23:43:00 2014] You are bombarded by icy rain.  You have taken 22500 points of damage.
[Sat Jan 25 23:43:01 2014] You are bombarded by icy rain.  You have taken 22500 points of damage.

Edit: adjusted kite reference.  Keep the banshee out of the water and from crossing over people at the raid.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 06:24:40 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 04:47:37 AM »
Defeated Friday, January 31, 2014!

Outstanding work everyone!

Curmugly

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »
Here are a couple of observations from the win, but of things that need to be done more efficiently.

First, I think the kite team will be sorted to 1 group, in order to better focus on kiting.  They need to make sure that they know where lichs are being tossed and NOT kite in that area.  Also, please pay attention to terrain - if the mob following you goes into the water it CANNOT be damaged by spells unless the caster is also underwater, this loses a ton of dps.

Second, when kiting Banshees, they can be snared, kite them in front of the raid body (but not through raid).  For melee on the banshees watch out, if the person getting chased is caught, they are charmed, and the next person is immediately chased, if you are in melee range, you will be insta charmed so maybe do more ranged dps.

Also, only 3 lichs can be alive at a time, so when we get down to 3, the MA will only call assist on the repopping mob, to make sure we don't have a respawn of a banshee.   

This will slow the killing process a little, but needs to be done for the safety of the raid.

Gimamam

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 06:23:29 PM »
The lichs cast the targeted ae at the person that is their current target.  when i would line of site the one that people were rooting for me - he wasn't doing any ae. as soon as i stepped into line of site, the trigger on gtt would almost immediately go off - even when i was not next to the mob or near it for a pbae to matter.  seemed fairly quick cast on their part.  if bren and i and the other sk's could keep aggro and line of sight them a lot - potentially couldn't people with dots that wouldn't break root could wear them down a little before they are brought to the general raid for range damaging?

also, there were a couple times where i was sure i was locked on aggro on a lich to have it just reset me to 0 aggro and no longer be kiting on me - so if people are using the mem-blur root kicks, that may be a detriment.  Kotsukai looked like they were using shackle i think it was on my last mob that was rooted. seemed to do well.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 09:54:59 PM »

Event Adjusts

Some adjusts going forward.  Namely, our handling of Banshees/Liches is the area we're looking to improve.

Lich Group

Lead: Dimbly

2 Kiters (SK preference)
1 Healer (Druid)
1 Support/backup (TBD)

Pull liches to SE area of the map.  Druid to snare/root, SK kite/aggro all three.

Once the raid has killed all other mob types, we pull ONE of the three liches to the NW area (not on top of the raid though, and out of the water).

At the NW location, the handler kites the lich back and forth nearby as we apply RANGE DPS ONLY to dispatch.

When the lich dies, it'll repop as either a Banshee or Lich.  Rinse repeat.  When no repop, we pull the other kited lich, rinse, repeat.

Dimbly has outlined a diagram to help illustrate positioning.

Banshee Targeted Players

Use the SOUTH designated area marked on the above diagram to kite your Banshee.

Main Raid Basecamp

NORTH-WEST designated area marked on the map is our base camp.

Tanks assigned to specific mob targets, please ensure you have the proper /target and 0#'s setup.

Diagram roughly describes the spawn locations of the mobs.

[ Updated: 03/01/2014 ] Refer to updated diagram further below for positioning
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:16:13 PM by Furro »

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 02:12:47 AM »
We have been having some major problems with the banshees.  I think it is due to the mechanics of the way the banshees spawn and move.  They sometimes spawn far away, sometimes close at hand.  I know that I was targeted twice.  First time I was able to run for a while before I was caught, 2nd time the moment I got warning I was charmed.  And the banshees with their charmed pets can do tremendous damage.

What I am going to suggest may seem heretical but it is based on this and the fact that banshees die very fast.  Don't try to kite them.  Instead, draw them into the raid.  And regardless of anything else, make banshees the number one kill priority at all times.  That way they have their pets for maybe 20 seconds, tops.  Gets rid of them, then we resume as per normal tactics.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 03:38:24 AM »
We have been having some major problems with the banshees.  I think it is due to the mechanics of the way the banshees spawn and move.  They sometimes spawn far away, sometimes close at hand.  I know that I was targeted twice.  First time I was able to run for a while before I was caught, 2nd time the moment I got warning I was charmed.  And the banshees with their charmed pets can do tremendous damage.

The banshee picks a target when it pops and goes for that person.  If it charms that person (catches them), it'll change to another target a few seconds later.  It's entirely possibly at one time you were targeted as a result of the banshee targeting someone prior and catching that person (with the banshee being nearby and/or in camp etc), and that's why you were charmed so quickly.

What I am going to suggest may seem heretical but it is based on this and the fact that banshees die very fast.  Don't try to kite them.  Instead, draw them into the raid.  And regardless of anything else, make banshees the number one kill priority at all times.  That way they have their pets for maybe 20 seconds, tops.  Gets rid of them, then we resume as per normal tactics.

Improved reaction to the emote will result in less charms and less banshees in camp charming people every 5 seconds (that's the interval they charm after catching each target).  Once a person is charmed, they are not released until that banshee dies.

Gigtuoka

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 01:44:25 PM »
Patch today 2-19-14:

- Hate Rising - Raid - Corrected a text error that appears when players are struck with the Spear Throw ability.
- Hate Rising - Raid - Banshees now properly remove charm from their victims when defeated.
- Hate Rising - Mission and Raid - Treasure chests no longer spawn in inaccessible areas.

Does this effect trigs in anyway?

Thanks
/hugs

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 05:06:15 PM »
Patch today 2-19-14:

- Hate Rising - Raid - Corrected a text error that appears when players are struck with the Spear Throw ability.
- Hate Rising - Raid - Banshees now properly remove charm from their victims when defeated.
- Hate Rising - Mission and Raid - Treasure chests no longer spawn in inaccessible areas.

Does this effect trigs in anyway?

Thanks
/hugs

These changes have not affected our trigs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 05:12:52 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »

Event Adjusts

Positioning adjusts from last week seemed to play out better overall.

Dimbly has updated the diagram to reflect these recent changes.
  • SE Raid Base Camp
  • SW Lich CC
  • W & NE Banshee Kiting