Author Topic: CoTF - Void H Raid - The Journey Home  (Read 17106 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: CoTF - Void H Raid - The Journey Home
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 07:54:24 AM »

Zebuxoruk - ae charm on target
[Sat Aug 09 19:27:13 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Gimamam's mind.  Stay away lest you also go mad!
shortly after i was charmed as well as at least 6 more people/pets.
[Sat Aug 09 19:27:14 2014] You lose control of yourself!
[Sat Aug 09 19:27:42 2014] You have control of yourself again.

Yeah, this happens when Zeb is below 30% HP.  Ref'd already in the OP, but the warning pattern you've provided is helpful.  We'd like to avoid MT/MTO being charmed by nearby players and/or healers. 

Endotron also made a reference to this in FLRaids as well I've come across. 

From our Saturday run, here are those affected:

[Sat Aug 09 21:08:41 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Vectors's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 21:09:16 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Endotron's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 21:09:31 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Mulila's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 21:10:06 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Kaloha's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 21:10:21 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Duhbeast's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 22:25:35 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Feroxide's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 22:26:11 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Vectors's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 22:26:26 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Zuhymn's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 22:27:01 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Lisard's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 22:27:15 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Gimamam's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 22:27:31 2014] Zebuxoruk's ravings begin to seep into Brenlaven's mind. Stay away lest you also go mad!
[Sat Aug 09 22:29:28 2014] Endotron tells FLRaids:5, 'Note - pattern for avoiding charm can be - ravings begin to seep into your - at which point you should run away from others, so only you get hit, not everyone around you'

So potentially all those players may have charmed others a result, since we had no previous trig/pattern.

Adding a trigger for this as:

Warning Pattern: ravings begin to seep into your
Action: Run away or you'll charm others around you!

Forsaken Ravings Trigger Correction

Previously as quoted above, the trigger pattern was incorrectly based on the public emote of players being charmed (which by then is TOO LATE!).

* REMOVE Forsaken Ravings Pattern: ravings begin to seep into your

Added proper WARNING and ACTION as follows:

Targets MELEE/HYBRID classes with an AREA Charm around player targeted.  Taking a portal works well when targeted.

WARNING Pattern: Your mind is penetrated by ravings
Action: Run away from other players

GTT File Addition Forsake Ravings Warning: cotf-void-trigger-forsaken-ravings-charm.gtt

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
Updated my GINA triggers and attaching it here if anyone is interested. If you used mine from my earlier post or from in game sharing, just delete what you have and upload the new set I have here. These are not the official triggers. ** See the post Below for the most current GINA set to download **

One thing I notice is we aren't putting melee dps on Lanys after Deathamster dies. I assume this is for fear of getting hit by her ae's. We can melee Lany's with no issues if we are smart about it. Qeynos Technique AE will hit you with DD and a DoT with curse counters. With the recently added triggers you can easily run oor of this AE before it fires. One thing you could do as a melee is to click the portal over to Ro's Flame island as it is right next to where we tank Lanys atm. If you are closer to other island portals you can also use them to avoid technique I'd imagine.

Ro's Flame should* be a none factor, as long as the MT is facing her away from the raid, and nobody else is on the same side as the MT. If this happens, then only 1 person gets hit with RO's Flame that needs to be cured. Where the issue might arise is having Melee on Lanys when the adds start to spawn due to how we position her in relation to where we Kill the adds and how the Beam (Lifetap for lanys) works. Right now we put the melee in-between the adds and Lanys which is something we don't really want when adds are up so we can either just make sure they aren't in-between the adds and Lanys when adds spawn to make the Lifetap a non factorr. Or we change up our positioning, but I don't think that is ideal atm as I imagine that will just confuse most people.

Jist is we lose a lot of dps by not meleeing her.

Another note, we should be burning Down the house after the first Comet DT has gone off and we click back to the main island. Once up top Warrior pops fortitude and burns agro( while maintaining the positioning and facing Lanys away from raid) while the raid throws the kitchen sink at her.

With the AE charm on Zebuxoruk when he is <30%, I suggest that whoever is Hit by it (Only Hybrids and Melee can get hit by this) and the new trigger there fires, it's a very small AE range from the targeted palayer. I suggest they run to east side of the main island, or up the ramp to the dragon, or you can even click a portal to an island. (Not Queynos Island as Lanys and those groups will be up there at this point)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:43:03 PM by Zaknaffein »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 05:30:10 AM »

Void raid defeated! Lady Lendiniara sent back to her world where she belongs!

Outstanding teamwork and effort overall everyone! Our next hurdle is the PoWar raid! Be ready to push the envelope, we can do it!

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »
Posting up a link here to download a full set of GINA triggers for this raid in Preparation for the upcoming mandatory switch to GINA for our Audio and text triggers for raids. - These are not official triggers.

DOWNLOAD