Author Topic: GINA Required for all our raids  (Read 6746 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
GINA Required for all our raids
« on: September 28, 2014, 11:10:52 PM »

GINA - Text/Audio Triggers

Our raids require that all participants use GINA, a Text/Audio trigger application to aid in responding to event emotes, FL assignments, among other mechanics and activities.

New to GINA?  Having Issues with GINA?  Help Below:

If you're new to GINA and/or having issues with importing/enabling our trigger files, please read Ssark's GINA Manual.  If you're still having issues after following Ssark's guide, reply to the Audio and Text Triggers Alternative - GINA thread located in the Raiders Essentials section of our forums, and we'll work to resolve the issue(s).

« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:32:53 PM by Furro »

Huevos

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: GINA Migration
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 04:45:51 AM »

GINA Migration

At the start of the next expansion The Darkened Sea and forward we're no longer making Audio/Text Triggers in GamTextTrigerrs (GTT) for raid events.  All triggers will be GINA only.

Please take the opportunity before TBS release to migrate to GINA if you have not already done so.

The following GINA post created by Ssark is helpful: Audio and Text Triggers Alternative - GINA

GINA can be downloaded from their main site at the following address: GINA Homepage

Wasn't TBS (the buried sea) released years ago?

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 10:17:51 PM »

Wasn't TBS (the buried sea) released years ago?

Fixed.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 10:20:19 PM »
If anyone is having issues after having read the helpful GINA thread linked above, please reply to this thread and we'll try and work with you on it.

Kaloha

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 11:02:13 PM »
I've been going through a rough time as of late. My gaming rigs power supply burnt out, and of course they don't sell power supplies on my island locally, so i went down to Walmart and bought a cheapy Acer quad core computer to get me through the waiting period of fixing my main comp. I downloaded GINA fine and could not get it to link it to my EQ log files because apparently they were hidden on my HD so I rolled back my system and internet explorer stopped working. Rolled back a second time, no dice, and no browser...Finally i got the bright idea to download Firefox on my Andriod phone and transfer the DL file here. System is windows 8.1, I deleted the previous version of GINA, could it possibly be hidden somewhere on my HD that I'm not finding? I just tried to DL GINA and it says *an error occurred*, it's log message is....

An error occurred trying to download 'http://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/GINA.application'.
See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD32F3.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Log file: The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [InstallMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.3.0 {version}
Running checks for package 'Windows Installer 4.5', phase BuildList
Looking up path for special folder 'WindowsFolder'
Running check with folder 'C:\Windows\System32' and file 'msi.dll'
Attempting to find file 'C:\Windows\System32\msi.dll'
File version is '5.0.9600.16384'
Setting value '5.0.9600.16384 {version}' for property 'VersionMsiDll'
The following properties have been set for package 'Windows Installer 4.5':
Property: [VersionMsiDll] = 5.0.9600.16384 {version}
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '4.5': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsXP-KB958655-v2-x86-ENU.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsiDll' and value '4.5.6001.22299': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsXP-KB958655-v2-x86-ENU.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '4.5': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003-KB958655-v2-x86-ENU.exe'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsiDll' and value '4.5.6001.22299': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003-KB958655-v2-x86-ENU.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe'
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003-KB942288-v4-x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB958655-v2-x64-ENU.exe'
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB958655-v2-x64-ENU.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86.MSU'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsiDll' and value '4.5.6001.22308': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x86.MSU' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x64.MSU'
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsiDll' and value '4.5.6001.22308': true
Result of checks for command 'WindowsInstaller4_5\Windows6.0-KB958655-v2-x64.MSU' is 'Bypass'
'Windows Installer 4.5' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client'
Read string value '4.5.51641'
Setting value '4.5.51641 {string}' for property 'DotNet40Client_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet40Client_TargetVersion] = 4.5.51641 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet40Client_TargetVersion' and value '4.0.30129': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX40Client\dotNetFx40_Client_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'http://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/GINA.application'.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:43 PM »
I've been going through a rough time as of late. My gaming rigs power supply burnt out, and of course they don't sell power supplies on my island locally, so i went down to Walmart and bought a cheapy Acer quad core computer to get me through the waiting period of fixing my main comp. I downloaded GINA fine and could not get it to link it to my EQ log files because apparently they were hidden on my HD so I rolled back my system and internet explorer stopped working. Rolled back a second time, no dice, and no browser...Finally i got the bright idea to download Firefox on my Andriod phone and transfer the DL file here. System is windows 8.1, I deleted the previous version of GINA, could it possibly be hidden somewhere on my HD that I'm not finding? I just tried to DL GINA and it says *an error occurred*, it's log message is....

An error occurred trying to download 'http://eq.gimasoft.com/GINA/GINA.application'.
See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD32F3.tmp\install.log' for more information.

Open Internet Explorer browser.  Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab.  Within the Settings pane scroll down to "Security" (near the bottom of the list) and clear the check box for:
Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode.

Firefox has a similar setting somewhere and would also potentially explain why it wasn't working from there either.

Kaloha

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 08:36:39 AM »
No luck on that Furro, still the same error message, and that box was already unchecked. Could be something else blocking it like this Norton crap the computer came with. Apparently I can't DL Adobe flash player either.../boggle Antivirus, Firewall etc etc was all off when I was trying to perform these actions too..So much bloatware on this new system

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 04:41:56 PM »
Clear your IE cache and user temp files.

IE Cache:
Open Internet Explorer.
From the Tools menu choose Internet Options.
On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.
Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes.

Close Internet Explorer.

Close all running programs.

User Temp Files:

Windows key + R, in the Open field type: %temp%

This brings you to: Mike > Appdata > Local > Temp

Where applications store temporary files used during installation and/or running applications etc.

We want to delete everything in the Temp folder: Select all the files (CTRL + A) and delete (DEL key).  If prompted about file(s) that cannot be deleted because they are in use click "Skip".  Close the folder when complete.

Now run the GINA Setup.exe file or navigate to the GINA page and click Download GINA link.

Mildaria

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 08:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Kaloha
Could be something else blocking it like this Norton crap the computer came with.

I've had issues before downloading GINA due to antivirus software. You need to get rid of Norton; I use Microsoft Security Essentials and it works fine with GINA. Was previously using avast until it started blocking GINA also.

If you have a lot of bloatware, any potential of just reformatting and starting over? It might be a lot easier than trying to remove things. If you want to try to just remove unwanted programs, I recommend Should I Remove It? It will list all the programs installed on your computer, the % of people who uninstall that program (and why), and makes it easy to uninstall programs of your choice.

Kaloha

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »
All fixed! Thank you Furro and Mildaria :) just reinstalled windows, reinstalled the game, and then GINA..Triggers are in place, tested and ready to rock!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: GINA Required for all our raids
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 05:33:30 PM »
It's been over a year since we've officially migrated to GINA for all our raids.  We've updated the original post to more accurately reflect the requirement.

New to GINA?  Having Issues with GINA?  Help Below:

If you're new to GINA and/or having issues with importing/enabling our trigger files, please read Ssark's GINA Manual.  If you're still having issues after following Ssark's guide, reply to the Audio and Text Triggers Alternative - GINA thread located in the Raiders Essentials section of our forums, and we'll work to resolve the issue(s).