Author Topic: TDS - Arx Mentis - T1 Raid 1 - Defense of the City  (Read 21126 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
TDS - Arx Mentis - T1 Raid 1 - Defense of the City
« on: November 06, 2014, 07:59:43 PM »
Arx Mentis - Defense of the City
*[11/07/2014] NOTICE: This post has been modified to reflect amendments posted within this thread *

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Katta Castrum: Deluge

NPC Name: Firiona Vie
NPC Location: On the main floor of the zone-in temple.  Marked on map (can use find to locate CTRL-F in game)

Keyword to Enter: able

Flag & Key Requirements

Arx Mentis group zone flag is NOT required.

TDS flagging rundown: Four T1 wins to be flagged for T2.  Twelve T2 wins to flag for T3.

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  None

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

For this event, we have to deal with Captain Tita, her troops and the various tactics they employ.

There are four troop formations.  Troop formations consists of 10 warriors, 1 cleric and 1 wizard.  Initially, one formation aggros us while the remainder are non-combative.

Captain Tita becomes active if one formation is killed entirely, or more than half of all the soldiers are killed, or after six minutes elapses from troop formation.

Once Tita is active, her soldiers break ranks and it's go time.  She has various AEs including directional ones.

We must kill all the troops and Captain Tita to defeat the event.

Praetor Adds

Cleric adds cast:     
Primary's RetortReverse DS
Praetor's ContraventionDD + Heal for Target's Target
PurgeNPC Cures of poison, curse, disease and corruption
Word of the CitadelPBAE stun + DD

Wizard adds cast:     
Eldritch BindingSNARE + Melee SLOW (single-target, disease cures)
Pillar of Claws135k DD
Mind-Numbing SonicsMEZ (caster PB, AE Range 30')
Burning Essence121k DD Target AE (Range Based Mod: 100% at 20' to 0% at 60')

When Mayor Livio flees and Captain Tita takes over:
  • Soldiers are perma-rooted; attackable by melee, but not by range or spells.
  • August Magio (wizards) and August Vitali (clerics) adds are immune to all damage, but continue using their aforementioned spells.
Note:  Firiona Vie and allies are here to assist us (casting beneficial spells).  However, troop adds can attack them.

Captain Tita

When Captain Tita activates, all remaining troops become un-rooted and aggro.

Be aware:
  • Whenever a trooper dies, the mob's most hated target goes to the top of Titas hatelist.
  • If Captain Tita is kited, she casts Tendon Cut on her target.
  • If Captain Tita is idle for 30 seconds, the event resets.
The following AEs are in play at various HP of Captain Tita

100% to 25%     
Rear Sweep119k DD BACKSIDE AE  (75' range)
Burning Slap31k DoT to player second on hatelist

From 25%     She equips a shield and stops casting Burning Slap (Rear Sweep still in play).  Her melee avoidance increases.
Shield Bash130k DD + STUN (single-target)

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

ALL Players:

GINA File: tds-defense-of-the-city-1.gtp * Added 11/07/2014

GINA File: tds-defense-of-the-city-mt-emoted.gtp * Added 11/13/2014

Includes:

- Pillars of Claws emote to move away from the raid for 12 seconds or you'll kill us all.
- Melee Slow, disease cure.
- Reverse DS (like Nife in RoT raid)
- Event start
- Overlay for when Captain Tita (boss) goes active after timer elapses.
- Captain Tita active

- MT Emoted, back away (2nd file. 11/13/2014).

Import and ensure they are toggled on (check marked) and firing correctly please.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:00:36 PM by Furro »

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: TDS - Arx Mentis - Defense of the City
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 03:07:29 AM »
Quick and dirty GINA Triggers for this event. Not the official ones and will be fixxed/edited as we progress. Credit to Sirene for making the Pillars AE trigger.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 10:38:20 PM »

Added GINA Triggers

The GINA package added to the strategy post includes the following:

- Pillars of Claws emote to move away from the raid for 12 seconds or you'll kill us all.
- Melee Slow, disease cure.
- Reverse DS (like Nife in RoT raid)
- Event start
- Overlay for when Captain Tita (boss) goes active after timer elapses.
- Captain Tita active

Thanks Zaknaffein and Mildaria for their trigger contributions.  This package is slightly modified with the mez trigger left out as it only lasts 1 second, and the slap emote removed as it's not necessary.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:41:42 PM by Furro »

Gimamam

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 05:23:58 AM »
Phase 1 seems pretty straight forward at this point - kill 12 mobs on west with the magio and vitali dying first.  the 10 praetor august are mezzable.  seems that they are hard enough hitting and we have enough knights/warriors to pick them up in the interim before they can wreck other people and get mezzed.  they seem highly resistant, so deflection early might help.

phase 2. we have like 30 seconds and then north, east, and south move from their initial formation to a semicircle formation around their magio and vitali.  at that point the 10 warrior mobs on each location can be damaged.  the magio and vitali can be targetted, but cannot be subject to any spell or melee. the magios will cast on the raid.  all mobs are stationary at this time, and the warrior mobs are set to be belly casters.  killing 5 of the warrior mobs at any of the three locations will let the magio and vitali get damaged. killing half of the total 36 troops or 6 minutes of time will get the Captain Tita to spawn and run down.

a tank can aggro the formation from range, the warriors will take them as a target and will not attack other players that go into range/melee/cast spells on them as long as that tank is top target.  this has been found to allow a tank - SK in my case - to aggro all 10 mobs and let an enchanter go into range and cast mezz on them.  with Bewilder the 101 mezz it was lasting in the range of 1m30s and allowed the enchanter paired with me to get all 10 mobs pre-mezzed before starting with mob #1 again.

We have 6 minutes to get our shit sorted and the mobs premezzed before captain comes down. at that point any mobs that are not mezzed or dead become unstationary and active. which means if we aren't on top of it - we can have up to 36 mobs on us + captain.  any mobs that were mezzed remain mezzed.

once captain comes down. the mobs are no longer belly casters.

the vitali on north was kiteable when captain came down, did not summon from 100.  i do not know of the same status on the magio as i did not pick it up

please add any other observations.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 05:17:13 AM »

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Praetor Livio flees, Captain Tita Aragus and her army of minions falls to Freelance! Outstanding work everyone on our first TDS win!

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 10:21:27 PM »
Just wanted to go over a few things as I think some may still not fully understand what's going on during certain stages of this event.

When the event goes live, each of the 4 squadrons become active, but only the west side will become targetable and will break there formation (become un-rooted) and we can kill them. There is 1 wizzard and 1 cleric mob per squad. These are un-mezzable and each one will be able to cast there spells when the event is started. So when the first Squad is being killed, there are 4 wizzard mobs that continually cast the Targeted PB AE claw spell, and then 3 once we kill the first wizzard.

I am not 100% sure on this but I believe the wizzard mobs base who they target with the AE on highest agro, or they use the same ruleset for rampage agro. We can not cast on them yet, so they most likely just assist the mobs we are killing/mezzing and that's who they target to AE. At the start I imagine the ae's are hitting Knights who initially agro the first squad and the enchanters, and/or there healers. Once they get mezzed a few times(Mezz has a chance to blur the mob, so all of the agro built by the initial Knights who tagged them goes away) Agro is most likely to end up on whomever is tanking the mob being killed, through rune procs and defensive procs building up agro. This I can tell by the amount of times I get the AE after we have gotten all of the first wave locked down and I've tanked about 2 mobs worth of procs going off, because I start getting spammed on Zak with the AE trigger, usually 2x or all 3 wizzards directing it at me each time.

A few ways we can handle this, I can make a hotkey that informs when I have gotten the Emote if I am tanking and need to move, so the melee dps don't move with me and get bombed. I can also convey that when I hit that hotkey if I'm tanking that another tank snap agro off me so the melee can continue to dps instead of it just being able to be range dps'd. Best way is to have a warrior use Warlords grasp on the mob if we choose this tactic.

A lot of people were mad that I seemed to be kiting the mob we were killing for no reason, but trust me there is a reason, and you don't want me in the middle of the raid having 3x the ae go off on you all.  Also Whenever a mez wore off or was broken I would get summoned to that mob, while I have snare on me and trying to move away from the raid before the AE fires, while being summoned back to the mob I was tanking, while mezzing on my bard. It was fun~

Once the first squad is killed we move on to the next stage. Few ways to handle the agro on this as it seemed to bounce a lot on the melee dps. These are rooted and don't summon so if you do get agro just back up. We could have a warrior fort/ae taunt in the middle of the squad throwing out Wade and all the ae agro we can, throwing phantom agressor on the first mob, and projection on the second and then just spamming the third with cyclone and incite lines. We can have SK's toss out agro too, seemed to work for the most part but that first mob may still bounce before they can lock agro. Range may be an issue for them as well, I'm not sure here but I know I am able to stand far away and still use my agro discs. One Important thing for this stage, Pet owners really need to control there pets agro. Also no rogue pets. Noticed a few times a pet would creep up to highest agro, and since we are range tanking, that will start eating up the mleee dps when pets top agro. *Not sure how feasible it would be, but perhaps the raid can be split up and dps/kill 4 warriors per squad in the 6min before captain and her adds go live?

When Captain Tila goes live, the main tank group can creep down the side of the temple while the rest of the raid is working on the other squads that go live. It will be tough keeping captain close enough w/out the tank getting the debuff going down the temple but it can work I think. Everyone must realize though that we can't move her like we typically would other mobs, if we do it's a death sentence for whoever is tanking her. The other thing is that whomever is tanking the remaining wizard and cleric mobs from the last two squads, will have the captain agro you when those mobs die, so be aware of that. The current warrior tanking her might end up getting the debuff after tila is done going after whoever was highest agro when the wizzard or Cleric mob died, I'm not sure on this yet. *One thing we could try to combat the tank getting the anti-kite debuff is to setup a kill spot that we pull the wizzards/clerics to, and slowly pull captain to. This way when the wizzards and clerics die, captain won't be moving all over when those tanks pop up to her highest on the hate list and then back to the warrior.

During this stage and until the end, we are mezzing about 25 mobs? Give or take I think. There will be mezz breaks during this. I was being summoned around to each pile on zak it seemed except the pile that Sirene and I were keeping locked on our bards, Endotron had a good lock on all the mobs there when they broke. Not too big of a deal really as I'd rather they agro me than a healer/mezzer though I'd rather not have to use my discs on the adds instead of needing them for the boss, but you must also understand that if I am tanking an add that we are killing, and a mez breaks or fades somewhere else, it will summon me if I'm top agro(which I was) and the mob that the raid is killing will either summon me back, or start to move to where I am. Instead of complaining about this another tank could see this and take agro/tank to stop the ping pong perhaps.

A few things to tidy up and tweek but a win is a win. Good job on our CC teams and the rest of the raid :)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:03:17 AM by Zaknaffein »

Marshall Maathers

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 08:38:55 AM »
Also, it looks like there is a stealth overall fight timer of about 25 mins.

I was a proponent of keeping the last mob mezzed and rez/rebuff in P1, but considering the overall event is timed, I no longer feel this is a good idea.

And no matter how we handle trying to move the boss, don't jump in and try to "help" unless told to. Bouncing boss around got me hit with debuff and killed me.

Endotron

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 09:28:04 PM »
Zak,  your question and note about killing some at each formation is a yes. I think it is part of one of the achievements. I am not sure we have time in 6 minutes to kill 4 at each and then 1 more plus the cleric and wizard to try and mitigate their effects. It is worth testing out. I did not make it out past the south area.

Your observations about tank agro and wizard targets is also valid. We could possibly set up an AT to move away from the MT that the MT keys into flraids if there is not a trigger we can use to see when you get targeted. I do not think there is one. It would be like the run away emotes from sepulcher 5. Maybe you can just have a button that does the Kyle Bayle Claymore Crush AT, we all know to back away from that one.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »

Trigger Addition

ALL Players import this trigger please.

For our active tank on trash when they are emote targeted they can use their hotkey: /say MT EMOTED to warn everyone nearby to BACK AWAY!

GINA File: tds-defense-of-the-city-mt-emoted.gtp

Nuttann

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 04:30:26 AM »
During boss, mage in group seemed to get Dagger of Reprisal http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=48008&source=Live most of the time.  I would cure and would get it again soon after.  I noticed I resisted it sometimes when casting debuff dot on boss.  I didn't check to see if it was only done at range or not.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 08:04:51 PM »
I noticed the Dagger of Reprisal, too.  There's a chance for Tita to cast it anytime you cast a spell on her.  She doesn't always cast it, and it doesn't always land. You will see this text when she casts: "Praetor Captain Tita Aragus instinctively responds to your magical attack by throwing a dagger at you."  If it lands, it does 8191 damage per tick for 30 seconds.  Most ranger nukes are on 30-second timers, so I would throw my whole set and then cure the DoT.

Mildaria

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: TDS - Arx Mentis - T1 Raid 1 - Defense of the City
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 09:41:35 PM »
The Pillar of Claws emote is now public:

02/26/15 05:18:44 PM   !Drogba feels faint claws scraping their skin. It begins to grow stronger.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: TDS - Arx Mentis - T1 Raid 1 - Defense of the City
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 10:30:47 PM »
Aye, we noticed last week.  Nice change.

Also, Thursday March 5 hotfix note for this raid:

- Praetor Captain Tita (Raid) - Fixed an error that was causing her to cast the wrong spells on the wrong targets and preventing the Slapstick achievement from being completed. She will now correctly use her ability Shield Sweep, which does damage in a forward arc and a little knockback.

Will be nice to go for Slapstick /ach again tonight and see how it plays out.