Author Topic: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 1 - Principal Quastori Numicia  (Read 8340 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 1 - Principal Quastori Numicia
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:56:03 AM »
Arx Mentis - Principal Quastori Numicia

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Katta Castrum: Deluge

NPC Name: Firiona Vie
NPC Location: On the main floor of the zone-in temple.  Marked on map (can use find to locate CTRL-F in game)

Keyword to Enter: able

Flag & Key Requirements

Arx Mentis group zone flag is NOT required.

TDS flagging rundown: Four T1 wins to be flagged for T2.  Twelve T2 wins to flag for T3.

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Storm the Citadel (Raid) achievement (4/4)

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

Principal Quastori Numicia is non-aggro and spawns animated book adds.  Researchers also spawn book adds.  Animated book adds have a DD aura.

A Book Dervish with an aura slowly roams around eating animated books.  For each book it consumes, it grows in size and reduces its AE interval, however, this has repercussions later in the event.

A Green Golem attacks, has various AEs and spawns small golem adds.  When golem adds are killed, their corpse contains an Auctus Core.  Small golems grow in size if they get near the Purple Golem, and eventually can grow into a full scale Green Golem.  These small golems are troublesome; periodically stopping their attacks while attempting to reach the Purple Golem.

A Purple Golem attacks and has various AEs including a viral.  We can equip and use the Auctus Cores obtained from the small green golem adds to reset the power timer which resets the Energy Arc AE preventing it from firing.  By not using the cores in a timely fashion, the Purple Golem releases the Energy Arc AE, which is a hefty PBAE 140k DD + 5k mana and 4k endurance drain.

The Green and Purple golem must be kept at a distance from each other, or they will power up.

At 50% health of the Green or Purple Golem, the Book Dervish absorbs into it.  Whichever golem the dervish ends up melding with determines the golem AE.  The size of the dervish; from consuming any books earlier, affects the interval of the golem AE it absorbs with.

At 25% health of the Green or Purple Golem, Principal Quastori Numicia absorbs into the higher HP golem and the animated books stop spawning.  At this point, the small green golem adds stop spawning, but the Arc AE changes to include a mana and endurance drain; the severity of which is based on player distance from the golems.

Which golem Principal Quastori Numicia absorbs into has different outcomes:
  • Her absorption into the Green Golem causes all small green golems to grow full size!  The Green Golem will spawn full size green golems every 60 seconds.
  • Her absorption into the Purple Golem causes HP locks every 15 seconds.
The event is completed by killing both golems.

Note: Either golem idle for 30 seconds will cause an event reset.

Our Strategy:

We'll begin by killing the Researchers to start the event.

Avoid the roaming book dervish until it is out of play further into the event.

As books animate and small golems spawn, assist MA calls to kill them ASAP please.

An assigned Auctus Core looter/clicker will loot/equip cores from the small green golem corpses and click them at close range of the Purple golem to reset the AE timer.

Between adds, re-assist when called to work the Green golem down to 50% for the book dervish to absorb into it.  This brings an AE Knockback into play.

Continue dispatching adds when called on and take the Green golem down to 25% to cause PQN to absorb into the Purple golem.  This brings HP locks into play.

Player Positioning From 25% onward:

CASTERS (Mana users) get CLOSE to the golem.

MELEE (Endurance users) get FAR from the golem.  Be aware, we might adjust this as I hate to lose direct melee dps by distancing and resorting to range.  As usual, this is a starting point strat until we see the event first hand.

Green Golem
  • Spawns small green golem adds.
  • Powers up if not kept away from the Purple Golem.
Uncontrolled Growth  Single-target AE for 39k DD + 55k DoT for 18 seconds.
Three random players chosen from golem hatelist, but never picks MT.
Ten seconds prior warning to the target and raid.
  Pattern: You feel a bubbling sensation in your belly as a green glow encompasses you.

Gust of GrowthPBAE 60' range KNOCKBACK.
Comes into play if Book Dervish absorbs into Green Golem (which is 50% HP).
Interval is determined by height of dervish at time of absorption.

Energy Arc Splits:Beyond 25% HP of either golem, the Energy Arc AE changes into three spells.
- Burning ArcAE 53k DD + 35k DoT (12s), happens often.
- Neural ArcMana Drain (2k per tick, 2 ticks).  Drains LESS mana the closer the player is to the golem.  Casters get close.
Technical: AE Range Based Mod: 100% at 10' range to 600% at 100' range from golem.
- Vitality ArcEndurance Drain (950 per tick, for 2 ticks).  Drains MORE endurance the closer the player is to the golem.  Melee distance yourselves.
Technical: AE Range Based Mod: 600% at 10' range to 100% at 100' range from golem.

Small Green Golems:
  • Stun and Mezzable.  Mez removed after 15 seconds.
  • At set times a random golem will stop attacking and path toward the purple golem.  After 10 seconds, it returns to normal and resumes attacking.
  • When golem adds are killed, their corpse contains an Auctus Core.

Purple Golem
  • Targets random player every 20 seconds with a VIRAL SILENCE.
  • Casts a hefty AE DD + Mana + Endurance drain every 40 seconds, unless Auctus Core used to reset timer.
  • Powers up if not kept away from the Green Golem.
Energy Charge  Single-Target VIRAL - 75k DD + Spell & Melee SILENCE for 18 seconds.
Cast every 20 seconds on a random person on its hate list that is not the main tank.
30' radius cast every 14 to 22 seconds.
Pattern: You are jolted by a terrible spark of lightning.
Action: Run away from other players, return when effect gone.

Energy Arc140k PBAE DD + 5k Mana and 4k Endurance Drain
Cast every 40 seconds, unless reset by Auctus Core use.

Static SparkTargets random player on hatelist but not MT with a 5' radius 96k DD + Stun.
Comes into play if Book Dervish absorbs into Purple Golem (which is 50% HP).
Interval is determined by height of dervish at time of absorption.

Energy Arc Splits:Beyond 25% HP of either golem, the Energy Arc AE changes into three spells.
- Burning ArcAE 53k DD + 35k DoT (12s), happens often.
- Neural ArcMana Drain (2k per tick, 2 ticks).  Drains LESS mana the closer the player is to the golem.  Casters get close.
Technical: AE Range Based Mod: 100% at 10' range to 600% at 100' range from golem.
- Vitality ArcEndurance Drain (950 per tick, for 2 ticks).  Drains MORE endurance the closer the player is to the golem.  Melee distance yourselves.
Technical: AE Range Based Mod: 600% at 10' range to 100% at 100' range from golem.

Animated Books
  • Spawn continuously from both Principal Quastori Numicia and the Researchers.
  • Have an AURA 66k DD (Paper Cut).
  • Pattern for when casters/healers caught unnecessarily in aura they can adjust position: The libre vitala cuts you with a rediculously sharp page.

Book Dervish
  • Paths around eating books.  Doesn't attack.
  • Has two AURAs.  One is a BLIND that warns when you're within 15' of it, the other is a 96k DD + Stun when within 5' range.
  • Avoid the Book Dervish!
Blinding Pages  AURA 15' radius around dervish (acts as a warning), which BLINDS the player caught in it.
  Pattern: You are blinded by a mass of pages and dust.

Static SparkAURA 5' radius around dervish for 96k DD + Stun.
  Pattern: Static leaps from person to person.

Auctus Core

Item drop from Small Green Golem adds.

Equip in primary or secondary and click within close range of the Purple Golem to reset the AE timer.

Clicking results in a Core Explosion AE: 30k DD + 500 Mana and Endurance drain, AE 10' range.

Every 40 seconds this must be done or the Energy Arc AE will fire.

Pattern note for clicked core timer overlay 40s interval.  Adding for assigned player(s) to know when to do the next core click.
Pattern: The core bursts with the drained power from Arc Faculta Ingens.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

GINA File: tds-r2-principal-quastori-numicia.gtp * Updated: 12/05/2014

Includes:
- Energy Charge - Single-Target VIRAL - 75k DD + Spell & Melee SILENCE for 18 seconds.
- Blinding Pages - AURA 15' radius around dervish (acts as a warning), which BLINDS the player caught in it.
- Static Spark - AURA 5' radius around dervish for 96k DD + Stun.
- Animated book DD Aura (for healers/casters when in DD aura from books)
- Auctus Core - The core bursts with the drained power from Arc Faculta Ingens.
- Add spawn timers and overlays.
- Golem powerup when Purple/Green minis too close together.

Import and ensure they are toggled on (check marked) and firing correctly please.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:00:21 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 1 - Principal Quastori Numicia
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »

Trigger additions and several adjusts based on our first attempts at this event last night. 

Download the trigger set again to ensure you are set up properly please.

Added:
- Viral triggers, run away from raid.
- Add spawn timers and overlays.
- Golem powerup when Purple/Green minis too close together.
- Adjusted viral silence trigger for voice so it stands out.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 05:25:32 AM »
Friday, January 2, 2015

Principal Quastori Numicia Defeated!  Nice work everyone!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 11:16:52 PM »
Although we've defeated this event, it'll be a work in progress (WIP), each run as we tweak and adjust.

For Thursday, Jan 08:

Multiple issues here we need to address.

Everyone

Uncontrolled Growth Emote

This thing is a killer.  I know you may think the damage isn't a big deal, but it is.  It's also not an excuse to have Splash heals covering sloppy play to try and power heal through it.  Some teams may do it this way, good for them.  But the thing here is, it's avoidable damage.  Tanks being hit by the collateral damage hurts their chances of survival (especially when they're already tanking something).  Add tank healers being hit by the collateral damage hurts them and then they have to rely on splash from others or stop and heal and most will instinctively stop and heal which results in gaps on healing their tank(s). 

When your emote fires, you have 10 seconds to move away from other players.  That's lots of time to adjust your position.   There's also a public emote, so we can see who the last three players were that just killed or DoT'd several others (including tanks).  So make the effort to move and not be part of the problem.

HEAL THROUGH This DoT.  Apparently it's been changed and is no longer an AE but Single-target.   Sorry about the confusion, I didn't notice the change from it's original incarnation.

Tanks
  • Add pick-up was slow.  We lost several healers near Purple golem area due to adds.
  • Tank aggro on adds is not up to snuff.  DPS were often ending up on targets for adds, and it was especially noticeable last night.  If you're a tank and not assigned, send me a tell, as it's entirely possible I've overlooked your name in the raid and we can always have extra tanks scoping out adds or backing up other tanks as extra security.

Tank aggro: Rule of thumb, you can never have too much aggro imo.  As long as you're not ganking aggro off the point tank on the mob you're working aggro against.  In other words, you want to ride up aggro as tight as you can to that current tank, but not have the mob turn on you.  When a mob turns on you unexpectedly due to applying too much aggro over the current tank, it causes healers to divert their healing and as a result both you and the tank are at risk.  In addition, it causes confusion/annoyance for everyone.

Aggro is everything.  It's what you do.  The higher your aggro, the more our DPS can can do.  DPS share in the aggro responsibility as well, every class has ways to fade/fd/clear aggro with fairly short reuse timers and should be mixing those into their play smartly.

One other note here.  All tanks, when you see tanks losing aggro, please say something in FLTanks.  It's more important we identify who it is so we can work with them one-on-one to improve.  There's nothing more frustrating as a tank than to have aggro ganked because the point tank is doing bare minimum either due to inexperience or slack, and you're held back on your aggro because if you do anymore you'll easily overtake that person...  Again, identify players so we can address this, it's not about calling people out, it's about improving our performance in this area so it benefits the team as a whole.

PS, if you're shy about calling someone out in FLTanks, just send me a tell, and I can address it.

As an aside, we also had a couple MTO mishaps on this run, but it was largely due to 1-2 tanks being slightly unseasoned on one front and on the other we had some crappy engages as you noticed.  The MTO was adjusted for the final run, and we made Clerical spell adjusts to help with our engages.  It'll get smoother.

Paladins:

You can tweak the Uncontrolled Growth public emote trigger to our advantage.  Add a timer to it, and have it fire off some voice to remind you to drop a splash on the raid.  I know sometimes we only have 1-2 Paladins, but every bit helps.  Shaman have a splash line as well and are actively using it.  We'd like to see you guys using yours more regularly as well.  During prep, take a few mins to talk with other Paladins and offset your timers, so when you splash based on the public growth emote, you're not all splashing at the same time, because you're trying to cover DoT damage you want your splashes staggered at least every 6 seconds approx.  This is stuff you guys can work out via the FLTanks channel or via tells and it'll really help the team.

DPS

As mentioned in my tank comments above, aggro is a two way street.  It's just as important for tanks to have good aggro as it is for you guys to manage your aggro through smart usage of your fade/fd/etc.

Healers

Clerics:

Once you're placed in your group, look it over and identify who else is a Cleric (if any).  Then discuss the following:
  • Who will maintain Group HoT
  • Who will maintain Olsif's Retort on MT.
  • Who will rebuff Symbol on tank death.

Although we do re/buff assigns, during events like this where we have two bosses, we need to have at least one of each respective cleric that is part of each MTO lineup covering Symbol.  Same holds for Olsif's.  With SB/DI, we always have those spells memmed and therefore we don't have to get specific about discussing it.

Basically, what I'm getting at here is, if I'm covering Symbol, I say so in group so I have my spell bar slot with Sym in it.  If Trolbiterr is covering GHoT, he has it in his spell bar, and we don't have to be swapping spells mid fight and then overlapping each other with rebuffs and GHoTs and the like.  I know I've covered this with many of you over the last little while, so this is a rehash, but I just wanted to do so again to help reiterate it.

Two Spell Additions for Hard Hitting Bosses:

Anticipated Interposition:
  • Good prep spell buff (cast during prep, not during battle).
  • Absorbs a high 21k hit then fades but heals 28k.
  • Last 10 minutes until the high hit.  With such high hitters, every little edge helps.
  • Located under spell load menu: Utility Beneficial > Misc

Ward of Surety:
  • Absorb 8 Hits or Spells, Max Per Hit: 21k.  On fade it heals 27k.
  • 3 minute refresh/cooldown timer.  Stagger your casts, with a point person starting the rotation and continue based on the refresh timer.  So if there are three of you doing Ward, the first person clicks, a minute later another person, another minute the last person.  Rotation is set, when Ward refreshes, immediately reclick to maintain the order.
  • Located under spell load menu: Utility Beneficial > Melee Guard
  • Here's a trigger that will give you an overlay when you use Ward and notify you when it is available (refreshed): GINA Ward Trigger

Shaman:

The way I have assigns done for this raid, there's usually either one Druid or one Shaman as part of the MTO healing.  This way, in addition to your healing, Growth can be maintained.  I'll add a little note to the assigns to remind.

Overall, based on our prior conversations of late, you guys are doing well.  You're mixing Surge in with your Reckless 2x lines along with Mending and your other casts.  There's only one Shaman from last night who could be doing a bit more Surges, and I'll touch base with him tonight before raids.

One more side note here.  If you're part of the assigns for MTO, please cover Slow on the respective Boss (be it purple/green golem).  This saves us having to manually assign someone in FLHeals; or in haste, it gets overlooked.

Druids:

Take note where you're assigned, as it's entirely possible; due to setup, I may place you in a slightly different group from a prior run and overlooked the assignment (this happened last night).  So if you notice you're assigned as part of MTO, take careful note of which tanks are in your group (if any), because it's possible you're in with add tanks and expected to be healing them as priority.

Most of you catch these things, but it helps if you let me know, as I do like to fix my keys up properly and when I parse raids I tie the information to players profiles along with heal information and their spell casts and I like to have proper context as to where they were assigned.

If you're not assigned to anything, let me know as well, as it's possible I've overlooked you.  It's not personal!  Just busy with prep.

Note: Debuff assigns, I've updated to reflect TDS.  I know it's taxing with your heal duties, but mixing in those debuffs against BOTH bosses really helps our MTs take less damage. 

Please ensure all debuffs on both Green/Purple Golem, except for Skin to Seedlings.  Skin to Seedlings can be applied when it comes time to kill the Green golem boss.  Same for Purple golem, as we're OT'ing until Green down, Skin can be applied when that time comes.

PS: Let Nuttann cast FoR/BoR.  Do not mess up his casts by landing BoR first which then prevents him from landing FoR.  I know a couple of you doing this, and you can expect a tell from me when I hear from Nuttann how he can't land his debuffs because BoR is already on the mob. ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:40:18 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 09:01:59 PM »
Trigger Review.  Removed the unused Uncontrolled Growth triggers from the package.