Author Topic: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 2 - Principal Vicarum Nomia  (Read 9627 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 2 - Principal Vicarum Nomia
« on: November 27, 2014, 02:49:41 AM »
Arx Mentis - Principal Vicarum Nomia

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Katta Castrum: Deluge

NPC Name: Firiona Vie
NPC Location: On the main floor of the zone-in temple.  Marked on map (can use find to locate CTRL-F in game)

Keyword to Enter: able

Flag & Key Requirements

Arx Mentis group zone flag is NOT required.

TDS flagging rundown: Four T1 wins to be flagged for T2.  Twelve T2 wins to flag for T3.

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Storm the Citadel (Raid) achievement (4/4)

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

For this event, we have to kill Nomia and her undead minions.

We begin by killing various undead, which reanimate after a few seconds.  We continue killing undead until they no longer reanimate.

There are three types of undead:
  • Humanoid skeletons - Susceptible to snare and stuns.
  • Monstrous zombies - AE DoT + Slow + Lifetap that heals itself 10% for each player in range the AE hits.
  • Specters - Targeted AE 144k DD + Knockback.
Nomia is active, but can't be damaged beyond 95% until the adds stop reanimating.

Once adds are dead, FOUR totems spawn and Nomia gains a few extra AEs.

While totems are up they prevent resurrection spells from being cast.  HEALING the Totems causes them to despawn.  However, they will respawn every 10% HP of Nomia.

When Nomia is killed, she returns as an undead and totems remain in play but this time normal DPS can be used to despawn them.  They respawn as normal every 10% HP of undead Nomia.

For EACH player that dies while the totems are up or while they are debuffed with Grasp of Undeath, an ADD spawns.  Cleric and Paladin deaths will spawn specters and all other classes spawn zombies.  These are the same types of adds and abilities from earlier.

Killing Nomia and all the adds completes the event.

* Note:  Totems auras mechanic may be checking for un-rezzed PC corpses and spawning adds.  This may result in many adds if Poddo is in the raid!

Principal Vicarum Nomia

Creeping Chill of Death   AE 1-3k DoT, recourse 10s Stun if not cured.
Move 60' to cancel effect before recourse OR get Corruption cured (30 counters).
If you end up stunned, try SITTING to remove the stun effect.
Main Tanks can ask for Corruption cure in group.

Dreadfrost   40k DoT + Melee SLOW + Snare (single-target, 12s)
IcesplosionPBAE 145k DD + Knockback (50' range)
Death's CurseTargets Clerics and Paladins with a 34k DD + SILENCE (6s).
Dread HoarfrostDebuff decreases heals taken by 20k + 40k DoT + Melee SLOW + Snare (single-target, 12s).
Paralyzing TouchStun 7s (single-target)
Frozen Bones34k DD + Stun (single-target, 6s).
Ice Slab Rk. IIIRoot (single-target, 3 min)

Undead Adds

Skeletons  Susceptible to snares and stuns.
(a sceltori gelu)

Golems / Zombies  Coldest Touch - PBAE 41k DoT + SLOW + Snare (30s)
(a mortuis vifens)* Lifetap that heals itself 10% for each player in range the AE hits.

Specters  Shock of Death - Targeted AE 144k DD + Knockback (25' range)
(a phasma frigasia)

Totems

When initial adds down the totems are in play.

Totem AE during live version of Nomia: Death Overcomes - Prevent Resurrection and Calls (single-target, 12s)

Totem AE during undead version of Nomia: Grasp of Undeath - Stat Debuff and marker (from being range of totems).

For EACH player that dies while the totems are up or while they are debuffed with Grasp of Undeath, an ADD spawns. 

Cleric and Paladin deaths will spawn specters and all other classes spawn zombies.  These are the same types of adds and abilities from earlier.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

GINA File: tds-r3-principal-vicarum-nomia.gtp

Includes:
- Aura hitting you
- Blob incoming to you
- Dot with Stun recourse
- Ex-Vicarum Nomia Totems
- Golem Lifetap
- Icesplosion and timer.
- Principal Vicarum Nomia Totems
- Specter "Shock of Death" (Others)
- Specter "Shock of Death" (You)
- Event Start Timer

Import and ensure they are toggled on (check marked) and firing correctly please.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:00:45 PM by Furro »

Nuttann

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 2 - Principal Vicarum Nomia
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:40:53 PM »
As you know, the aura from the totems affects heals as well as rezzes.

Also, there is something else at play that I did not see in the writeup.  I don't recall it hitting me Friday night as I healed from a distance with no issues.  But Saturday, I was very frequently summoned or popped to boss (much like Chapterhouse) and then got the you must reposition yourself emote.  Snared and having to move away got me killed a bit as I ran into something or was hit by something on way away from boss.  I was low on HP, but needed to leave the area to avoid the 145K DD.  Even fading or deaths did not stop me from getting popped to boss.  I don't know what was different between Fri and Sat.

Other than having the tanks live through the totems and whatever was yanking me to boss, that first part wasn't too bad once we got the adds down.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 05:52:42 PM »
Mildaria added to our existing trigger set during our first attempts on this raid last week.  Thanks Mildaria.

I've merged the related triggers into the GINA package in the strategy post.  Everyone import the new set please so that you are ready for our next run.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 11:32:04 PM »
Adjusts

Stage 1: Live Nomia & Adds:
  • Position Skeleton and Spec adds NW.
  • Position Golem (a mortuis vifens), NE.
  • Principal Vicarum Nomia - South end of room, as we have been.

Stage 2: Live Nomia & Healing Totems:
  • Melee: directly melee Nomia, we'll heal through the damage and deal with the slow.
  • Heavy on splashes to cover raid damage for this stage.
  • Heal your totems as assigned via MA, it's working, but we need Totems down within 18 seconds approx, after that the penalty aura refreshes and it'll be up another 18s regardless whether totems are down or not, this hurts our ability to heal our MT.

Stage 3: Undead Nomia & DPSing Totems:
  • DPS totems when they pop via your MA assigns.  Same heal penalty and effects in play as before.
  • Heavy splashes.
  • Melee directly against Nomia.
  • Player deaths = adds reminder.

Trigger Additions:
  • Lifetap trigger added for (a mortuis vifens).  All melee move in and out to optimize melee DPS between the Lifetap window.
  • Trigger added for DoT + Stun recourse if not cured (Creeping Chill of Death).
    • Active tanks, if this trigger fires, ask in group for Corruption cure to avoid DoT damage and recourse stun.
    • Everyone else, you should be able to move 60' distance and cure self.

Principal Vicarum Nomia - Additional Spells

Additional effects in play.

Creeping Chill of Death   AE 1-3k DoT, recourse 10s Stun if not cured.
Move 60' to cancel effect before recourse OR get Corruption cured (30 counters).
If you end up stunned, try SITTING to remove the stun effect.
Main Tanks can ask for Corruption cure in group.
Ice Slab Rk. IIIRoot (single-target, 3 min)
ddd

Audio & Text Triggers - Addition

GINA Package updated, import it from the original strategy post, related trigger area.

- Added Golem Lifetap window trigger (thanks Oru for making this one)
- Added DoT with Stun recourse (Creeping Chill of Death) trigger.

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »
A quick few thoughts on this raid:

Main tank Group makeup:
I would like to change up the MT group compositions a little for this event to help combat the negative heal amount associated to the auras in play while tanking the boss.

Warrior
Warrior
Paladin
Bard
Cleric
Cleric

Paladins have three amazing abilities that will go a long way on this event to help our #1 reason for wiping on this, along with there own healing capabilities.

Group Armor of the Inquisitor
Duration: 2.2m (22 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
3: Increase Healing Taken by 58%
7: Increase AC by 435

First Spire of Holiness
Duration: 90s (15 ticks), Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
4: Increase Healing Taken by 30%

Blessed Aura
2: Increase Healing Taken by 5%

Bards will also help tremendously here with a few of the songs they can twist in:

Pulse of Sionachie Rk. III
1: Increase Healing by 14%
2: Limit Max Level: 105 (lose 5% per level)
3: Limit Effect: Current HP
4: Limit Max Duration: 0s
5: Limit Type: Beneficial
6: Limit Spell: Exclude Complete Heal
7: Limit Spell: Exclude Complete Heal
8: Limit Combat Skills: Exclude
9: Increase Current HP by 184 per tick
10: Increase Current Mana by 122 per tick
11: Increase Current Endurance by 19 per tick

Rytan's Reckless Renewal Rk. III
1: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 25%
2: Increase Chance to Critical HoT by 25%

As well as all of the songs that will add an abundant amount of AC.

Rampage:
Rampage needs to be set and maintained. We have it bounce around and kill too many people. She will assist off of her adds as a means to set her rampage, so even the MT and the other warriros standing next to the boss targeting her with auto attack on, will not get ramapge even when the first MT swaps out. Every run I have seen her ramapge on the knights who are targeting the adds with autoattack on. And every time I have watched that knight die and then rampage gets loose which usually ends up on FV at some point, leaving less healers focused on the MT to have to heal up FV. One way we can set up a RT is to have all of the knights assigned to an add go in and get your assigned on pre-target, then back out of the room. Have a warrior start the event with Fortitude on, then the knights go in and pop Undivided attention disc on thier add and move it to the designated kill location. We will also need another warrior then at the same time take agro and end up tanking, leaving the first warrior who started the event on rampage. This warrior needs to stay relatively close to the boss at all times or Rampage will bounce. Staying just outside of her blue aura will work.

Runes:
Enchanters to keep up runes on the MT to help soften the blow from the very large AE dmg. The AE Iceplosion is what seems to tip my health over the edge, or far enough below Zero on me to kill. This is a timed AE and is part of the GINA set, so you can use that as your timer of when to refresh or put up a rune on the MT perhaps. Healers can also use this timer and try to top off the tank before the AE fires, like we do for Zebuxoruk in the Void raid.

I've already gone over it a few times in the tank channel, but warriors try to save your flash disc for when the healing totems are active which is every 10%? I think someone said.

For the adds at the start, knights just stick to where your mob on it's first death and wait for it to pop up again to snag it. Think of the red skelly's in Demiplane that pop up soon after they die!

We really need to get better at keeping the tank up on this, the few suggestions I have will help with that, and then gearing up the warriors will go a long way as well ~ But if we keep letting the MT die as often as we do, we will just be killing adds during the undead phase and nothing else. We need every type of healer to help during the undead phase as Her aura seems to get buffed up in terms of the Negative heal portion of it's effects.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:24:03 PM by Zaknaffein »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:59:18 PM »
A quick few thoughts on this raid:

Main tank Group makeup:
I would like to change up the MT group compositions a little for this event to help combat the negative heal amount associated to the auras in play while tanking the boss.

Warrior
Warrior
Paladin
Bard
Cleric
Cleric

Paladins have two amazing abilities that will go a long way on this event to help our #1 reason for wiping on this, along with there own healing capabilities.

As well as all of the songs that will add an abundant amount of AC.

I agree. We need these abilities for a bit more edge on healing.  We've discussed RT prior with regards to this raid as you probably recall.  The intention was to assign RT on our last run, but obviously didn't.  RT will be assigned next run.

Re: Bard

As much as aDPS is important, with a struggling MTO, the adps bard factor is moot.  Once we acclimate further; coupled with gear improvements, we'll be able to switch the Bard back out.

Rampage:
Rampage needs to be set and maintained. We have it bounce around and kill too many people. She will assist off of her adds as a means to set her rampage, so even the MT and the other warriros standing next to the boss targeting her with auto attack on, will not get ramapge even when the first MT swaps out. Every run I have seen her ramapge on the knights who are targeting the adds with autoattack on. And every time I have watched that knight die and then rampage gets loose which usually ends up on FV at some point, leaving less healers focused on the MT to have to heal up FV. One way we can set up a RT is to have all of the knights assigned to an add go in and get your assigned on pre-target, then back out of the room. Have a warrior start the event with Fortitude on, then the knights go in and pop Undivided attention disc on thier add and move it to the designated kill location. We will also need another warrior then at the same time take agro and end up tanking, leaving the first warrior who started the event on rampage. This warrior needs to stay relatively close to the boss at all times or Rampage will bounce. Staying just outside of her blue aura will work.

The door to the room closes when the event begins.  Unless it's a one-way door at that point, which it could be, I've never been outside the room after event engage to try.

Safer way is assigned RT and RT does the engage/trigger with deflect.  Then MT peels aggro off immediately after event starts.  We're better off with a Paladin RT for obvious reasons, and placed in either G1 or G2, depending on our Paladin setup.  Ideally, I'd like to keep the MTO to 3-4 Warriors.  The less seasoned Warriors can be put on add duty to be most effective.

Runes:
Enchanters to keep up runes on the MT to help soften the blow from the very large AE dmg. The AE Iceplosion is what seems to tip my health over the edge, or far enough below Zero on me to kill. This is a timed AE and is part of the GINA set, so you can use that as your timer of when to refresh or put up a rune on the MT perhaps. Healers can also use this timer and try to top off the tank before the AE fires, like we do for Zebuxoruk in the Void raid.

I've already gone over it a few times in the tank channel, but warriors try to save your flash disc for when the healing totems are active which is every 10%? I think someone said.

For the adds at the start, knights just stick to where your mob on it's first death and wait for it to pop up again to snag it. Think of the red skelly's in Demiplane that pop up soon after they die!

We really need to get better at keeping the tank up on this, the few suggestions I have will help with that, and then gearing up the warriors will go a long way as well ~ But if we keep letting the MT die as often as we do, we will just be killing adds during the undead phase and nothing else. We need every type of healer to help during the undead phase as Her aura seems to get buffed up in terms of the Negative heal portion of it's effects.

Bdallya was doing runes.

Healers may have to adjust/tweak their Iceplosion trigger for early warning (I'm not at my regular computer atm, so I can't check it).

Re: Main Tank & Heal Totem active

It's roughly every 10%, as someone else pointed out, slightly off, but close enough.  As a tank, I'd react with Flash when the trigger fires for active healing totems, just to avoid going early and wasting it.

We stressed this on Saturday, but the MT is capped at 65% HP when afflicted by the penalty healing buff from active heal totems.  So this is a critical stage where we must keep the MTs HP topped off (even at 65%), to help ensure they survive until the buff wears off. 

To be clear, the moment healing totems are down, we need EVERYONE who can heal to be topping our MT off at 65% HP until their penalty buff wears off and you see the MT HP go up to 100%.

Re: Knights/adds.

We may end up going the /tar route as Gimamam suggested, for easier pickup on repops.  The repops should be the same id/spot.  Although, based on tank feedback, there is a lull when an add dies and the next repops (5s or so?, again not at comp to check chat logs), but that should be enough time for a tank to reposition for the repop each time.  The /tar method might be more confusing and/or encourage slack in this regard, as tanks may just target after the add is up and by then it could be on the MT...

Overall, we're improving.  The suggestions are helpful and always appreciated, thanks.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 03:03:17 AM »
Friday, January 16, 2015

Principal Vicarum Nomia Defeated!  Nice work everyone!