Author Topic: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 One Off - Praetor Vitio  (Read 7422 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 One Off - Praetor Vitio
« on: December 11, 2014, 03:00:19 AM »
Arx Mentis -  Praetor Vitio

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Katta Castrum: Deluge

NPC Name: Firiona Vie
NPC Location: On the main floor of the zone-in temple.  Marked on map (can use find to locate CTRL-F in game)

Keyword to Enter: able

Flag & Key Requirements

Arx Mentis group zone flag is NOT required.

TDS flagging rundown: Four T1 wins to be flagged for T2.  Twelve T2 wins to flag for T3.

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Storm the Citadel (Raid) achievement (4/4)

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

For this event, we must deal with Praetor Vitios directional AEs and a main tank (most hated) DT style emote, requiring timely tank swaps.

Defeating Praetor Vitios completes the event.

Event WIPE results in a lockout.  We get one shot per week.

Emote Penalties:

First failure to avoid the directional AEs results in being hit by the AE.

Second failure to avoid the directional AEs and it DT's you and kicks you out of the instance and doesn't let you back in until the fight is over!  Not kidding.

Curing the AE DoTs results in curer getting the effects.  Paladins, avoid using splash as it has a cure component.  Healers avoid detrimental cures (RC AA, etc), please.

<- If this buff is on you, the AE is going to hit you.  Adjust position until it disappears.

Praetor Vitio
  • Emotes most hated target, requiring tank swaps to avoid DT style penalty.
  • Left/Right/Back Directional AEs are 180 degrees.  For example, the left emote firing means it will include part of the front and back of boss.
  • Main Tank (current MT, most hated boss target), is exempt from directional AEs.  This does not include backup MTs.

Vitio's Killing Blow   77k DD + SPELL/SLOW + Stat Debuff.  Curing results in DD/DoT on curer.
   Emote: Praetor Vitio prepares to strike PLAYERNAME with a killing blow! Someone else should take his attention.
   If Vitio's most hated player target does not change within 9 seconds then he will death touch the main tank and cast this spell.

Directionals:   
Vitio's Hammer Strike   115k DD + 46k DoT + 20k Mana Drain + Stun.
   Warning emote: Praetor Vitio holds the hammer in his left hand high overhead!
   Action: MOVE AWAY FROM HIS LEFT SIDE!
   Everyone except the main tank that is standing in a leftward 180 degree arc extending directly ahead to behind Vitio will be hit.

Vitio's Blade Swing   115k DD + 46k DoT + 20k Endurance Drain + Stun.
   Warning emote: Praetor Vitio holds the sword in his right hand high overhead!
   Action: MOVE AWAY FROM HIS RIGHT SIDE!
   Everyone except the main tank that is standing in a rightward 180 degree arc extending directly ahead to behind Vitio will be hit.

Vitio's Rampage   115k DD + 46k DoT + 20k Mana and Endurance Drain + Stun.
   Warning emote: Praetor Vitio holds both of his weapons out to his sides!
   Action: MOVE AWAY FROM BOSS!
   Everyone except the main tank that is standing within 50 loc of Vitio will be hit.

Aura of the Citadel   115k DD + 46k DoT + Spell/Melee SLOW.
   Warning emote: Praetor Vitio begins to focus the power of the citadel!
   Action: MOVE CLOSE TO BOSS!
   Everyone except the main tank standing further than 25 loc from Vitio will be hit.

Vitio's Backswing   115k DD + 46k DoT + Spell/Melee SLOW.
   Warning emote: Praetor Vitio takes note of the invaders standing behind him!
   Action: MOVE AWAY FROM HIS BACK
   Everyone except the main tank standing in the 180 degree arc directly behind Vitio will be hit.

Line of Fire   Buff warns and alters vision if you are standing where the AE is going to hit you.
   Warning emote: You feel like you should move.
   Action: MOVE, in danger still.
   No trigger for this because the buff probably occurs at the same time as the directional warning emote when in the target area.
   Instead, each warning directional I put a LoS reminder before the 9 second overlay expires to check for the buff.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

GINA File: tds-t2-one-off-praetor-vitio.gtp

Includes:
- Most hated target emote for DT style penalty.  Tank swap required to avoid.
- Directionals 5x: Left, Right, Back, Close to boss, away from boss.
- Emote failure for directionals.

Import and ensure they are toggled on (check marked) and firing correctly please.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:00:55 PM by Furro »

Nuttann

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 One Off - Praetor Vitio
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 03:58:21 PM »
This seems like something we should easily handle.  So far the issues that I have noticed.

1) Not understanding/following the emotes / trigger messages - Last run looked much better.  The trigger message of check for LoS buff was misleading to some but, I think people got it last run.  The effects do not appear to be LoS based.  What was meant by the trigger message is to look for the effect icon in your effects window.  If you see it, you are still in an area to be affected.

2) Miss on tank swap - This seemed to happen once the week before Christmas.  I ended up with Vito's killing blow that according to our writeup was a tank swap failure.  I don't think we got one of these last week. so we were better.

3) Non-full raid - We still lack flags to get a full raid in.  The extra DPS and healing should really help and it won't be long before we have full raids.

4) Tank swap and repositioning - Even this last week, we were a bit slow on the tank swap repositioning for one swap.  We need to make sure that he gets back into solid position prior to the next emote.  We still did fairly well, but when he keeps moving a bit, it makes us keep watching him to make sure we are ready for the next emote.  This takes a bit of concentration away from the tasks at hand and can hurt.

This leaves the main issue we had last time:

5) MT death - This is a real bad thing for us.  This causes new MT to try and take agro and then get into position.  Since we are burning from the start, it also means that some DPSs may die before the next tank can grab agro.  This is even worse if it happens during an emote or just before an emote.  Healing seemed rather easy when we were not moving.  In fact, I could cast a dot or debuff between two heals.  The part that we may have to concentrate most on is healing during emote movement. The first week we did this we got three stay away from his right side emotes in a row.  That meant less movement and more solid heals.  However, every time an emote caused us to move, ALL the healers are moving around the same time.  We likely need the fastest possible heals during those moves and heals from everyone who can heal to make up for the fact that every healer is moving.  The more people healing around that time, the better as not everyone moves at the exact same time due to letting a spell finish or checking mob placement before moving.  This will give us a better chance at the gap between heals being small enough to keep the tank alive.

Others may have other observations or thoughts

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »
This seems like something we should easily handle.  So far the issues that I have noticed.

1) Not understanding/following the emotes / trigger messages - Last run looked much better.  The trigger message of check for LoS buff was misleading to some but, I think people got it last run.  The effects do not appear to be LoS based.  What was meant by the trigger message is to look for the effect icon in your effects window.  If you see it, you are still in an area to be affected.

I'll change the voice part of checking buffs to be less confusing.  I admit it was confusing using an LoS reference.  At the time of write up a few weeks ago I was trying to create a short descriptive message.  Anyway, that's why this past week we spent time during prep to talk about what the buff means.  So I'll change the voice portion to something like: Check for penalty area buff.

You guys let me know if you have something more concise.  Trigger has not be changed YET.

Also, there are post effects apparently that help in this regard.  So that may be an additional option some players can use.

2) Miss on tank swap - This seemed to happen once the week before Christmas.  I ended up with Vito's killing blow that according to our writeup was a tank swap failure.  I don't think we got one of these last week. so we were better.

4) Tank swap and repositioning - Even this last week, we were a bit slow on the tank swap repositioning for one swap.  We need to make sure that he gets back into solid position prior to the next emote.  We still did fairly well, but when he keeps moving a bit, it makes us keep watching him to make sure we are ready for the next emote.  This takes a bit of concentration away from the tasks at hand and can hurt.

Addressing both your points #2 and #4.  We were looking at this closer post raid, and the inner knee-wall corner appears to have a lip.  Zak was pointing this out, you can see it when the target ring is on the MT in the corner, the ring elevates up.  So what can happen (and this is something I believe Gimamam and I both witnessed on our last run), is that the boss gets pushed into the corner, beyond the MT; due to the corner lip, and then the boss pivots to realign with the MT.  This just causes massive chaos during an emote, and I believe we lost a lot of ground when that occurred.

We have some other pin options and some I want to avoid.  We can't use the outside corners, as they have false pillars.  Outside wall shoulder-pins is something I want to avoid as well, because we'd have to deal with the boss being pushed along the wall.  In addition, for left/right emotes the MT would have to flip the boss.

Zak suggested the door frame (there's a little corner on the frame/wall).  My concern here is the boss coming out of that corner and getting knocked out the door and leashing (not sure on the leash length, but either way, it's not a solid corner unfortunately).

Another idea I was thinking about is just reversing the MT on the inner knee-wall corner and tank the boss facing outward.  So the MT is tanking outside the corner and the raid is pushing the boss into the corner with attacks.  With this method, the lip shouldn't come into play.  Although frontal attacks are not favored, melee can still pivot to the sides if we have the MT stay to the right or left of the inner corner wall.

3) Non-full raid - We still lack flags to get a full raid in.  The extra DPS and healing should really help and it won't be long before we have full raids.

Aye, this is just a product of bad timing for our attempts (holiday season), and artificial progression blocks (flagging).  Our three attempts so far have been between 35-40 players.  That's including the limited pigs we can get in for those attempts.

This leaves the main issue we had last time:

5) MT death - This is a real bad thing for us.  This causes new MT to try and take agro and then get into position.  Since we are burning from the start, it also means that some DPSs may die before the next tank can grab agro.  This is even worse if it happens during an emote or just before an emote.  Healing seemed rather easy when we were not moving.  In fact, I could cast a dot or debuff between two heals.  The part that we may have to concentrate most on is healing during emote movement. The first week we did this we got three stay away from his right side emotes in a row.  That meant less movement and more solid heals.  However, every time an emote caused us to move, ALL the healers are moving around the same time.  We likely need the fastest possible heals during those moves and heals from everyone who can heal to make up for the fact that every healer is moving.  The more people healing around that time, the better as not everyone moves at the exact same time due to letting a spell finish or checking mob placement before moving.  This will give us a better chance at the gap between heals being small enough to keep the tank alive.

Others may have other observations or thoughts

It is true, that when our MT dies, if the next MT is not positioned front of the boss (which isn't always possible when the MT dies as other tanks are reacting to an emote), then it causes many failures.

Feroxide made a good point with regards to the emote and healing.  We can spread our healers out.  That'll reduce the odds that all will have to move on each emote and result in less gaps in the healing.

Both pre/post raid we're talking with healers to ensure they understand the emote mechanic and what the penalty buff means.  In addition, it's helpful to move enough to avoid the emote, but not overcompensate.  For example, on the move away from boss one, there's no need to run clear across the room to distance.  The extra time; albeit may seem small, is time taken away from healing.  I try and orient in a way where I can walk backwards on a move away emote, or use strafe to adjust to left/right to save time as well.

Our tank deaths cost us though.  For the last few weeks, we've been working one on one with our healers to improve their performance (across the board).  This process is ongoing; with the end goal being a mean healing machine (naturally it'll conclude by healers race changing to Halfling! Go team Halfling!).  Huevos will now chime in and reply with some feeble remark against the Halfling race out of shear jealousy.  ::)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 02:52:48 PM »
Updated GINA trigger package with a better warning about the penalty area buff (as referred to in the previous post).  Make sure your triggers are updated properly in advance of our next raid.

Those who are still using GTT, you need to migrate to GINA in order to benefit from these triggers.

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 09:55:33 PM »
The corner near the doorway is very small in width and would more than likely get pushed out easily with our lack of push control. Even though It is the best corner in terms of what you want when cornering a boss, I wouldn't consider it the best for us. The Left side directional emote would also give us trouble here as well. What would be better for us is using the same inner Corner we do, but just flipping the boss so that he is facing the raid. This will give us a corner to push into without worrying about push moving it around, and we can avoid the Poor Geometry causing him to flip around as often as he was with the tank between the corner and the boss. We also take the Back side directional Emote out of play by using this position.

Secondary healers need to spot heal during Emotes as well. Something along the lines of casting your fastest heal when emote fires, then move to position, then heal again. There are 9 Seconds from when an emote warning goes off until it Fires. If you can still dps where you end up then just stay put until the next emote perhaps. For Primary healers I'd suggest the same, but where you end up moving to you can just stay put until the next Directional emote fires. Keep in mind the frequency of the emotes going off increases the lower the bosses life gets.

Use Post effects for this raid. It's simple and effective in allowing you to see when you are safe from the emote, and when you are not. Go to your Options Window > Display Tab > Click on Advanced > Click on Enable Post Effects.

Tank swaps are getting better but some can still use some work on reaction time as well as which discs and AA to use in unison. For warriors I suggest using some of my hotkeys found Here More specifically my "Agro Now" key, for swaps. For knights it would be something similar, just use ageless then any sort of instant hate abilities in conjuncture with.

If anyone chooses to use my triggers they are slightly different. Download Here. These are not ofical triggers

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 05:44:20 PM »
Updated the GINA trigger package for this raid.  There was one trigger that may have been only giving the text overlay update without the voice component.

You should be able to just import the new set and GINA updates the related triggers from my experience.  Let me know if any issues please.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 03:47:56 PM »
Friday, January 10, 2015

Praetor Vitio Defeated!  Nice work everyone!