Author Topic: A few Q's  (Read 3875 times)

wildwaters

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
A few Q's
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »
   Hey guys, do you have a set of class forums? It might be helpful to set some up with people who know the class psoting general raid info that is class specific.
   I know we have done this in my guild on maelin and with in 2 months we near doubled our dps!!!
   I would be more happy to post in the beasty section if you implement such threads >.<

Also do you have strats for BMK3 and HoS? I noticed with some excitement that you were beginning to break into these. I would be happy to offer some advice on those events if needed. Of course its much more fun to figure em out yourself hehe.

Anyway I look forward to peaking at my brothers screen from time to time to see how you all are doing >.<

Rock on.

-wild

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: A few Q's
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:35:29 PM »
  Hey guys, do you have a set of class forums? It might be helpful to set some up with people who know the class psoting general raid info that is class specific.
   I know we have done this in my guild on maelin and with in 2 months we near doubled our dps!!!
   I would be more happy to post in the beasty section if you implement such threads >.<

There's no class forums atm.   I'm not sure this board has enough poster activity to warrant such areas.

I could possibly see something like class grouping and creating areas around that.   For example, FLTanks could have an area which would include tank classes such as: Paladins, Warriors and Shadowknights.

With groupings it'd be more based on broader function.  Within each area, insight could be discussed that pertained to general raid info as you mentioned, or in general any class discussion etc.

Something we can keep in mind for sure.  Thanks!

Also do you have strats for BMK3 and HoS? I noticed with some excitement that you were beginning to break into these. I would be happy to offer some advice on those events if needed. Of course its much more fun to figure em out yourself hehe.

I have a working writeup of both, which I created based on information floating around the net.  Some regulars that attend our raids are strictly limited in regards to what info they can tell us about events.  This has to do with their guild rules.  Thewun for example cannot comment on BMK3 nor Bimbalicus, due to Sacred Fyre rules concerning currently farmed content.  

I basically gather what information is available from around, as a starting point.  From there, any information that's gathered through attempts is added to the post.  It's basically a learning process.  Even though this content is old compared to end gamers, it's new to us.  That's part of the fun really imo.  What I try to avoid is needless wipes without learning anything.  In addition, not wiping to the same mistakes over and over.  I'm a big believer in that we learn more from our mistakes then anything else.

On a somewhat related note.  I'm very careful not to needlessly wipe on something multiple times without getting valuble information as a result.  In other words, if we're making headway on an event, with a few wipes, it's acceptable, and the hope is people will recognise that.

- Furro

wildwaters

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 06:06:41 AM »
   Hehe, I'm not bound by such rules as A) I'm on maelin and B) we don't seem to have those rules in place and C) im a rebel >.<

I'll dig through some old screenshots of strats being given before engagement and see what I can dig up for yah. Maybe it will confirm some of what you have or posisbly some new insights. Again if I'm overstepping just sap me now. Just have some friends that raid with free lance including my brotehr so would like tohelp you out how I can.

Basically those fights are CC and DPS. Problem is that yah have to keep your DPS and CC up as well. Iirc when I was in IR and we were working on getting those events down our healers mana and our DPS became the bottle neck.
    One thing, and Im sure alot of your harder raiders are set with this, is to get yer lower guys to get resists/dot shielding and spell shielding up. You are gonna need it in SoF >.<
     You might look into the steam factory raids as well I think one or two of those (once you figure em out) are pretty easy to get on farm.

BTW that bit about making headway and wiping and hoping people recognise it is good is truth hehe. Another reason I post here is that I admire you Furro this sort of raid team is hard as heck to run and get going in a forward direction. Kudos.

Well night night all >.<

-wild
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 06:08:36 AM by wildwaters »

wildwaters

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 05:44:36 PM »

wildwaters

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 06:16:07 PM »
This is ralkor's crystals strat >.<

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=261913&TabID=2200312&ForumID=1334189&TopicID=7953299&GuildThreadMsgID=39473913

BTW the site these links are form is my personal library, it dark and mine's old guild site. We maintain some useful info there that is open to the public.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »

Thanks Wildwaters!  Skim read both those posts in the links.  I will go back later and see what's adaptable to Freelance.

- Furro