Author Topic: "Bugged" Principal Vicarum Nomia Raid (2/5/15)  (Read 4935 times)

Harden

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Bugged" Principal Vicarum Nomia Raid (2/5/15)
« on: February 06, 2015, 11:44:22 PM »
Last night I petitioned the "bugged" raid we had, and asked the GM specifically to check the server logs and verify weather we won or not, and to report the issue with the raid resetting after we finished.

The bottom line is, the GM said we defeated the raid, and he had no problem granting the loot we received. All we need to do is have the raid leader submit a petition, and identify who the loot goes to.

Attached is a PDF of the email string from the petition if anyone would like to read it.

We won according to the server, and if a GM says we won and is willing to grant the loot, the right thing to do is bid the items and award accordingly.

-Harden

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Bugged" Principal Vicarum Nomia Raid (2/5/15)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 12:14:58 AM »
Harden, That's great news.  Thanks for pursuing this with Sony, err, Daybreak.

The 11 Dec patch message also confirms that the event is working as intended, "It is no longer possible to trigger event success before achieving actual success when fighting Principal Vicarum Nomia."

Harden

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 04:08:12 AM »
I guess I'm in the minority on this topic, I take it nothing will be done which is very sad in my opinion.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 06:11:38 PM »
Furro,
Given the GM's statement that we had a legitimate win, what will you do if the same situation happens again?

Harden

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 09:04:10 PM »
From the Test Server patch notes on the 12th:

- Principal Vicarium Noma (Raid) - Fixed a problem that could cause this event to reset if it was successfully beaten very close to the hard reset timer (45 minutes).

Successfully Beaten are the key words I see there.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 09:37:58 PM »

- Principal Vicarium Noma (Raid) - Fixed a problem that could cause this event to reset if it was successfully beaten very close to the hard reset timer (45 minutes).

No one disputes that the script was not written correctly.  However, when these situations occur, we error on the side of caution and avoid making decisions that arbitrarily benefit the team at the cost of our integrity.  To do otherwise, sets a dangerous precedence which can lead to future decisions being justified.

Harden

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 09:47:32 PM »

No one disputes that the script was not written correctly.  However, when these situations occur, we error on the side of caution and avoid making decisions that arbitrarily benefit the team at the cost of our integrity.  To do otherwise, sets a dangerous precedence which can lead to future decisions being justified.

While we did error on the side of caution in the moment, new information and evidence was provided disputing the decision made, with an outlet to reward the effort put into the event.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 11:29:08 PM »

While we did error on the side of caution in the moment, new information and evidence was provided disputing the decision made, with an outlet to reward the effort put into the event.

We're simply moving on from it and not going to pursue it further.  It's just not something we'd be easily able to do at this point, given we'd have to contact each member in attendance at the time and then orchestrate a bidwar and somehow work out a /random method for rune distribution and so forth.

Just chalking it up to bad luck with the script and how we hit the timer basically.