Author Topic: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 4 - Calix Quirinus and Lanys T'Vyl  (Read 20313 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Arx Mentis - Calix Quirinus and Lanys T'Vyl

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Katta Castrum: Deluge

NPC Name: Firiona Vie
NPC Location: On the main floor of the zone-in temple.  Marked on map (can use find to locate CTRL-F in game)

Keyword to Enter: able

Flag & Key Requirements

Arx Mentis group zone flag is NOT required.

TDS flagging rundown: Four T1 wins to be flagged for T2.  Twelve T2 wins to flag for T3.

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: None
Group Mission: None
Event Flags:  Storm the Citadel (Raid) achievement (4/4)
Challenge the Apitarx (Raid) achievement (12/12)

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

Note: This event may have changed from its original incarnation.  This is a preliminary workup, as with anything a WIP until we see the event first hand.

This event involves Principal Indagator Gordianus, Lanys T`Vyl and Calix Quirinus, among various adds and AE/mechanics.

We begin by killing Indagator Gordianus to activate Lanys and Calix. 

From this point onward, various adds and emote mechanics come into play.

We must defeat Calix to complete the event.

Principal Indagator Gordianus

Spawns storm auras every 60 seconds that pulse Manastorm - 80k DD + 6000 MANA DRAIN.

Additional AEs in play for this miniboss:

Stormpulse   PBAE 95k DD + MELEE Inhibitor + SPELL FIZZLE
Energy Wave   Rear Arc AE - 85k DD + Knockback

Lanys T`Vyl

As she loses health, she becomes weaker.  If her health drops below Calix she will uptick 1%.

She changes targets every 75 to 100 seconds (from top hated to second hated), until her HP reaches 40%.

Alternates vulnerability to MELEE and vulnerability to SPELLS periodically.  Emotes warn about this.

Undead doomscale destroyer adds spawn and remain up for 25 seconds.  Adds stop spawning when her HP reaches 60%.

Her AEs:   
Surge of Pain   75k DD + 2000 Mana drain
Repulsion   PBAE Knockback + Dispell (100' range, fires same time as Surge of Pain)
Lifescourge   BEAM - Reduces max HP by 20% (emoted, 120s, 75 corruption counters to cure).
   Beam goes from Lanys to Player and hits anyone caught between.
Mana Conversion   Lanys SELF-BUFF: Causes spells to HEAL HER 50k HP per.

Calix Quirinus

As he loses health, he becomes stronger.

Casts: Energy Conversion AE - Does 45k DD at close range and 180k DD at far range.  Goes off every 45 seconds.

At 70% HP onward: Spark worker adds spawn every 6% HP.

At 50% HP:

Two emote mechanics come into play, targeting four players per mechanic, at 20 second intervals:
  • Energy Charge - Spell interrupt, DoT 60k tick - MOVE 120' distance in any direction to cure.
  • Energy Barrier - DO NOT MOVE or you will be hit with Energy Discharge (130k DD).
At 30% HP:

Two addition spells come into play:
  • Biomagnetization is cast on his adds which pulls them towards him.  When the buff is about to wear off Deconstruction 60k AE fires (50' range)
  • Energy Flow AE - The CLOSER you are to Calix the more damage you take.  This AE alternates with Energy Conversion (45s intervals).
* Lanys must be at or below 10% HP before we can kill Calix.

Big AE Finish Note: Una Lucem

This NPC remains out of the fight, but upon event completion she does a big AE.  Moving into Ognit Eznertob's aura can protect us from it.

Note: This event may have changed from its original incarnation.  This is a preliminary workup, as with anything a WIP until we see the event first hand.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

GINA File: tds-t3-calix-quirinus-and-lanys-tvyl.gtp (updated 05-23-2015)

If applicable: DELETE OLD SET BEFORE You Import new and ensure they are toggled on (check marked) and firing correctly please.

Includes:
- Calix AE
- Citadel Beam
- Energy Whorl
- Lanys - Exhausted (re-added, adjusted pattern etc, 04-16-2015)
- Lanys - Rested
- Lanys Spell Absorb
- Lanys Tank Swap Blur
- Lesser Energy Barrier
- Lesser Energy Charge
- Lesser Lifescourge
- Lich adds timer
- Retribution of the Indagotoris Opertum
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:59:57 PM by Furro »

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: TDS - Arx Mentis - T2 Raid 4 - Calix Quirinus and Lanys T'Vyl
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »
I would suggest people go and do the group mission Confronting Callix if they have not done so, or to go and do it again just to get your bearings and get in some practice as the group mission here is pretty much the same deal as the raid version mechanics wise.

I only boxed the mission once when it came out but I did make a few triggers for myself.  Download
They may be completely different for the raid, and I only made a few and didn't spend a whole lot of time tinkering or making a trigger for everything, just what I needed to box the mission.

From what I remember, the first phase of killing Gordianus was easy, I pulled him to a corner and avoided the auras there w/out needing to move and had him facing the raid to avoid the AE/KB.

For lanys and callix, the biggest issues for boxing were the spectre adds, so i burned fast to stop them from spawning. Lanys blur was annoying too boxing this but shouldn't be as big of an issue in a raid setting. I ignored all of the ae's and just healed through them myself. Rampage was an issue but that's just because mercs got stomped easily from it.

I've heard the spark worker adds are rough and need to die asap in the raid version and that the two bosses put out some heavy melee dmg.

Should be a fun raid ~

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 06:55:07 AM by Zaknaffein »

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 03:11:16 PM »
The most success I have had during the group mission was bringing Calix down to 40%, then switching to Lanys and bringing her down to get her adds to stop spawning.  With Calix getting harder the lower in hp he drops, dont want to get him too low with Lanys adds still spawning.

Not sure if would be the same in raid, or if we would just balance down.  Just putting in my 2 cents

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 11:03:50 PM »
Took our first look at this event last night.  Some adjusts below for our next run.

Adjusts

Gordianus (first miniboss): Main raid: Be at SE corner please, to help avoid lightning.

Calix & Lanys + Adds:

Please do not be up on the walls or tight against.  There's a little lip along the walls, with a height difference it affects mezzing the liches.
  • MTO: Calix - Position SE corner.
  • MTO: Lanys - Shoulder pin along North wall East of Calix.
  • Liches: Mezzing - Be careful not to break mezzes please.

Event Triggers

Thanks Mildaria for the group version set of triggers.  As we progress further, we can adjust/build onto them further. 

Trigger set added to the original post.  Everyone please import and ensure they are toggled on.  Thanks.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:33:08 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 09:47:34 PM »
Adjusts

Adjusted Lifescourge trigger.  When it fires for you, please run away from the raid to the designated location (if we set one).

Lifescourge appears to be similar to the Void version, targeting a player and directing the beam towards that person.  Anyone caught in between is hit.

Additional tweaks to healer and CC locations.  We'll explain once we're inside instance next run.

Work in Progress Strategy

Gordianus (first miniboss):
  • Main raid: Be at SE corner please, to help avoid lightning.
  • Clerics: IoS just before event start.  Next refresh double cast with Forced Rejuvenation please.

Calix & Lanys + Adds:
  • MTO: Calix - Position SE corner.
  • MTO: Lanys - Shoulder pin along North wall East of Calix.
  • CC: Liches - Mezzing - Be careful not to break mezzes please.
  • MA1 - Melee on Lanys
  • MA2 - Casters on Calix
Lanys MTO note: She Tank Swaps blurs every 90 seconds. Only swaps to numbers 1 through 6 on hatelist.

Event Triggers

Trigger set adjusted.  Everyone please import and ensure they are toggled on.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:18:02 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 09:35:32 PM »
Making progress on this event.  The following trigger adjusts will help us going forward.

Event Triggers

Removed the vulnerability triggers (Lanys Exhausted/Rested), as they are extra noise given our current tactics.

Changed Lanys tank swap emote to blur.

Please be aware: To ensure you are properly importing the trigger set, please DELETE the related set BEFORE you import the new one.  This will make sure there are no lingering old triggers.

Ensure the trigger set is toggled on please as well.

Lifescourge Emote

This emote is really hurting both respective MTOs (Lanys/Calix) and the raid as a whole.  Here's the effect to remind:

Lifescourge   BEAM - Reduces max HP by 20% (emoted, 120s, 75 corruption counters to cure).
   Beam goes from Lanys to Player and hits anyone caught in between.

Even though Lifescourge is curable, to do so takes two casts which diverts from our healing efforts resulting in gaps on our MTOs.  Further, having 20% hit to max HP is big when there are other AEs in play and especially for our tanks who are taking melee damage to boot.

A campfire is set up perpendicular to where we tank Lanys. When emoted please run to the campfire until the trigger indicates when to return.

Lich Adds

Our CC is getting better at these.  Our final run was the best to date.  We believe staying off the walls is helping reduce z-axis (height differences) and thus allowing our CC to more reliably land their mez.

Once Lanys reaches 60% these adds stop.  But obviously we want to reach that point in good shape with as few deaths as possible as the next leg of the event we face further challenges.

PS: Please remember to shrink.  Makes it much easier on our tanks and melee when assisting. :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 09:50:09 PM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 11:37:08 PM »
Trigger Adjusts

Reverting back to using the vulnerabilities to optimize.  Please ensure you delete the entire related Calix trigger set and import the new one in the strategy post.

Trigger added:
- Lanys Exhausted (based on Mana Conversion spell cast, due to 5s delay from emote to effect).

Lanys rested emote left out because of the delay from emote to effect ending.  The above trigger includes a timer overlay and when it ends it'll announce when it's Ok to nuke Lanys.

Let me know if any issues please.

Reminder: Windows Vista users with GINA, please replace {c} in your triggers with your character name where applicable, otherwise the trigger will not work.

Tactical Adjusts

DPS Adjusts:

Changing DPS up on this event. Full burn once lanys spawns and assist is called on her (TB/Dirge/WC)

Melee will always stay on Lanys while Casters switch back and forth based on vulnerabilities, unless otherwise told (by Minisca / MAs).  If Lanys starts upticking from being lower HP than Callix for instance

We want to get Lanys below 60% asap to stop the liches from spawning.  In order to get Lanys lower than 60%. Callix will need to be at least 1% below Lanys in HP.

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 03:52:08 AM »
I have noticed something that I think is a weakness.  We are not taking advantage of the weaknesses of Lanys.

She always alternates between being vulnerable to melee and being vulnerable to spells.  It seems to me that we could take advantage of that.  Have two MA's and have them call out to assist on either Lanys or Calix.  When Lanys is vulnerable to melee, have the Melee slam her with the casters hitting on Calix, and when Lanys is vulnerable to casters, have the casters slam her with the melee hitting up Calix.

With melee constantly hitting Lanys while she is "rested" and casters hitting her when she is "exhausted" it just does not seem to be working that well.

Also, what seems to be killing us is Surge of Pain.  Pally Splash does not remove it, does not even touch it.  Stainn figured out that cleric RC takes care of it, but that mana hit is hard on us.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 03:54:38 AM by Maglor »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 10:33:20 PM »
I have noticed something that I think is a weakness.  We are not taking advantage of the weaknesses of Lanys.

She always alternates between being vulnerable to melee and being vulnerable to spells.  It seems to me that we could take advantage of that.  Have two MA's and have them call out to assist on either Lanys or Calix.  When Lanys is vulnerable to melee, have the Melee slam her with the casters hitting on Calix, and when Lanys is vulnerable to casters, have the casters slam her with the melee hitting up Calix.

With melee constantly hitting Lanys while she is "rested" and casters hitting her when she is "exhausted" it just does not seem to be working that well.

We already are taking advantage of the vulnerabilities (see previous post on this). 

Note also, we're taking Calix down to 58% working Sparks in between.  Then we're taking Lanys down to 60% to stop Liches from spawning.

Also, what seems to be killing us is Surge of Pain.  Pally Splash does not remove it, does not even touch it.  Stainn figured out that cleric RC takes care of it, but that mana hit is hard on us.

Surge of Pain is just part of Lanys repertoire and we have to deal with it.  RC/Clr Epic and such have a chance, and probably Paladin Splash.  At this stage of the event, we're running hot with everything (IoS doubles, CR MGBing [Ghot's entire raid], Splashes) to offset all the various damage going around.

This spell is the least of our worries at the moment.  We need to pickup/drop Sparks faster and keep our MTOs up better.  We're very close to that 60% mark to stop Liches and CC is getting way better at locking down each wave.

See ya in game.

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2015, 03:37:58 AM »
This has the other Lanys trigger, the one that tells melee to stop fighting Lanys and casters to start.

feroxide

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 07:57:34 AM »
Howdy,

Two things... Firstly i really think we need set pallies casting protective proclamation on Lanys and Cal.. The twin cast hits whoever has the mobs attention with a 15% damage mitigation buff that sucks up around 50K worth of damage. This sits in the song window and seems to stack with everything else. The reason i think we need a rotation is so that two pallies don't waste mana overwriting each-others buffs. We need ot make sure whoever is on duty has HOTT up so the clearly see when target swicthes so they can cast again & so that they have their  spell wearing off messages sent to a window that they won't miss. I'm pretty sure and extra 15% mitigation would really help.

Second.. Sparkles... I note that normal taunt seems to work really well on them.. what about if we set up some form of taunt rotation.. aggro only seems ot last 1 second and taunt takes 6 seconds to refresh.. what about if we get Zak to bash up a trigger for the the remaining tanks that goes off when their name appears in a particular message to flraids or tank channel.. then. each tank make a sparkle taunt button that does 2 things.. Taunts the mob then says in tank channel something like "Tauted a_sparkle Feroxide next".. When i hear the message i wait 1 sec and taunt.. which then posts something like "Taunted a_sparkle Endotron next" ... All we then need is a set taunt cycle... anyway.. Those are my two idea..

Fero

Mildaria

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 08:11:13 PM »
The lich add timer is off. I checked my logs to figure out what the correct timer is, and it seems to fluctuate between 60 and ~62 seconds. I added 1 second to my timer, hopefully it helps a bit but the timer still isn't going to be exact.

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 06:40:20 AM »

I made slight adjustments to the Following triggers: Download
Vulnerabilities
Lanys Active
Lanys Tank Swap
Lich Adds Timer

Basically all I have done is added a new Overlay for my timers and text to go to and made it large and put it Top Center to make it a little easier to read, and I made the Timers/Text a little more User Friendly to help with the Lichs and to increase DPS and such.

No Strat talk atm cause it's late and really our Strat is pretty much on point, a few ideas I have on some points but can talk later on that. We just need to excecute and bump up our DPS more, and gear up our Warriors a bit more.

*Furro work your magic and fix my Images please ><

« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:21:46 PM by Zaknaffein »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 03:22:52 PM »

I made slight adjustments to the Following triggers: Download
Vulnerabilities
Lanys Active
Lanys Tank Swap
Lich Adds Timer

Basically all I have done is added a new Overlay for my timers and text to go to and made it large and put it Top Center to make it a little easier to read, and I made the Timers/Text a little more User Friendly to help with the Lichs and to increase DPS and such.

No Strat talk atm cause it's late and really our Strat is pretty much on point, a few ideas I have on some points but can talk later on that. We just need to excecute and bump up our DPS more, and gear up our Warriors a bit more.

*Furro work your magic and fix my Images please ><

To show the image, replace the red highlighted portion to: raw=1

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/582bio4zcwr8kvv/Calix%20GINA%20window.png?dl=0

Also looks like you have two links in your post, but the second appears to be the same as the first.

Re: Strat talk

Dimbly, Gimamam and I were discussing some adjusts post raid as well.  We'll go over them during prep, as they're not difficult to cover, but they address healing and the knockback/dispell (Repulsion), which we believe is one of the major reasons; aside from emote failures, that we're suffering losses.

One other note, everyone should add 2 seconds to their lich overlay trigger (so it's 1 minute 2 seconds).  The 2s addition worked out much better for timing last night.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 03:27:27 PM by Furro »

Luthernhamner

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 03:46:11 AM »
I think we may have Lanys too far away.
Casts: Energy Conversion AE - Does 45k DD at close range and 180k DD at far range.  Goes off every 45 seconds.

This what I see in the logs:
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] Calix Quirinus begins to cast a spell. <Energy Conversion>
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] Lisard`s pet has been slain by Calix Quirinus!
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] Lisard`s pet has been slain by Calix Quirinus!
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] Poddo has been slain by Calix Quirinus!
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] Borean has been slain by Calix Quirinus!
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] Your spell is interrupted.
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015]   You have taken 90624 points of damage.
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] You have been knocked unconscious!
[Fri May 15 22:52:02 2015] You have been slain by Calix Quirinus!

Both luther an Eye were taking 90k+ hits from Calix
Eyegora died 5 times to Calix when standing at Lanys
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:17:05 AM by Luthernhamner »