Author Topic: Pulling Changes  (Read 2334 times)

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
Pulling Changes
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:38:32 PM »
So I read about the pulling changes on Daybreak's site.  So what's it like?

I guess being a monk way back in the old days, pulling was something I cared about.  Of course, as the game progressed, everyone could do everything and so nothing was unique any more... sounds like they're trying to put some of that back, but I'm not so sure that's a great idea.  A lot of the great pullers in the game retired when pulling was no longer an art form... and went on to play something else.  :)

Or maybe the changes really aren't that big a deal.  After all, a monk needs time to snooze during raids.  /em ducks pie thrown at her head.

Hope everyone is doing well and had a great summer!

Cheers,
  Ssark

Drogba

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Re: Pulling Changes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:00:09 AM »
well as a side note, well geared tanks typically just tank everything still.  Heck, when i group with encs i instruct them not to mez ever because we lose AE dps, we just zerg around like nothing matters (Infact, i don't instruct them and assume they already know that this will be my preference).  They will have to make the content alot tougher for many tanks you'd group with to even want single pulls, let alone need them.

I suspect they are going to include pulling in the new raid events, guess we have to wait and see what comes out of beta.  I think they want to give monks some more utility with that instead of upping their dps.  They are the worst melee dps class atm.  I figure this will serve to make the group game harder on the weaker players

I used to be big into pulling too.  I'd order my group not to cast group spells (so nothing lands on me while splitting) and chain singles onto a tank, a fresh mob would arrive the same second the old one would die.  With killing blow, wizard nukes, assassinate, headshot and just dps in general, the sturdiness of tanks, and the benefits of all those group short dur buffs..  those days are never coming back unless you stop raiding/grouping with high end raiders, which FL currently are.  You and your friends would have to take off all of their armour and play some kind of hardcore mode by yourselves or deliberatly, you'd have to seek out misfit groups with weak/bad players.

I have faith that the devs don't want to purely punish the less self sufficient classes and the weaker players, that monks will see some action on the new raids.  Many have lamented the death of trash clear/raid pulling on the boards over the years.   If they don't give us that, then they're just fucking stupid.