Author Topic: Audiotriggers still failing  (Read 2196 times)

holr

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Audiotriggers still failing
« on: October 20, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »
Everytime I log in, I have to check my triggers. Some of them dont work, so I reset them by erasing them completely and retyping them. I have noticed, that for some reason, my computer seems to be be adding spaces to the end of the trigger, which makes them NOT work. I go back and backspace through to right after the last letter, and they work. Gets a little old having to do this.

I play on a Dell laptop running with Vista. Any of you computer gurus out there know how to solve this issue? thanks in advance.

"Mmmmm Katnip"

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Audiotriggers still failing
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »

There's two ways you can fix this.  One way, is to close EQ, rename your AT file.  Start EQ, remake all your triggers from scratch.  That's the sure way to fix it, but of course more work depending on how many triggers you have.

The other way is to edit your AT file, remove the unwanted trailing spaces, and Save As, Encoding: ANSI.

Edit AT file step-by-step approach:

Close EQ and try the following, from windows:

Start Menu -> Run -> C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\userdata

Right click on file: AT_default_Furro_fenninro.ini

and select "Open With" -> Notepad

(depending on your system settings, the .ini part of the above filename may not be showing, that's ok).

If good so far, you should notice some of your audio trigger patterns in the file.  For example, something like:

Pattern52=Mallet in your direction
Sound52=duck

Click on each Pattern line, go to the end and remove the spaces you don't want (click on the line, and on your keyboard press the End key, that'll bring you to the end of the line and you'll see the spaces clearly.

When done, click the "File" pull down menu, select "Save As"

From "Save As" dialog window, select Encoding: ANSI

Click Save

Click "Yes" when prompted to overwrite the existing file.

Start EQ, check to see if your triggers work.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:05:05 PM by Furro »