Author Topic: TBM - Crypt of Decay - T2 - Grannus of the Cleansing Steam  (Read 19417 times)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: TBM - Crypt of Decay - T2 - Grannus of the Cleansing Steam
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2016, 01:44:02 AM »
My thought was correct. The spell reflect goes up when the three names are called out. I only saw reflect go up without my updated trigger going off one time, and it didn't have anything else to go with it, so not sure what happened.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:54:35 AM by Raccoo »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2016, 05:03:19 PM »
Here is my updated trigger for Grannus' corruption dot, and shield reflect up. Has overlay with the three names who need cures. Overlay drops when shield reflection drops.

Brenlaven

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Vanquisher of Grannus of the Cleansing Steam
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 05:19:22 AM »
These achievements seem to power up the Eye of Life or Decay (not sure which one) but working on the achievements to get the eyes are probably more important for now.

However, these achievements look easy enough.

First, Non Transferable. This is the one Curmugly and others are talking about hugging the boss.  If it is cured near the boss every time this achievement is a success. Self curing it away from the boss means a failure.  This can be a challenge if an add tank or someone working the portal gets hit with it...they have to run to the boss to be cured. Not always the easiest thing...but we should try to always be near the boss to get it cured.

As for No Restoration...apparently there are oozes that spawn that will heal the boss. Killing them quickly might be the solution...maybe pulling them away from the boss.  Not sure when they spawn or exactly where so any information on this would be helpful.

No Unity....not sure the last time Freelance has had a Radiant Steam Soother spawn so not even sure how that happens so lets not find out!!!

Wins are most important but when Furro calls for going for achievements we all should work as best as we can to get them down for the benefits everyone gets from them.

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 11:10:05 PM »
https://www.twitch.tv/zaknaffein_warrior/v/66263817

Last nights failboat attempt on Grannus. And a few pointers before we do this raid again.

The main issues are tanks are being reactive and not proactive on thier assigned adds. What I mean by that is some tanks wait until the adds go live to do anything other than /targ their assigned add instead of being proactive and using a /targ hotkey when the adds spawn and not when they go live, and hitting flash Before the add wave goes live and spamming your mob with agro Before it goes live.

Some other minors things to adjust would be for tanks to position themselves with thier backs to the wall and not to any mobs. Find your target, then face it and avoid having your back towards any mobs near you, flash is only frontal. If flash fades and your mobs aren't rooted/mezzed then you better hope the healers are paying attention because the cc team failed :p

The adds will assist by social agro, so whoever happens to agro first will get agro on multiple mobs around the one they agroed. Every add wave will have someone who draws that initial agro and who will create soscial agro on other mobs which shouldn't be a problem if the other tanks are being Proactive and spamming thier assigned mobs as well with some form of agro. IF the other tanks aren't spamming agro  then the adds who agroed just by social agro rules will stay on that initial person and be out of position more than likely causing issues.

Last night it was easy to tell the complications that arise from tanks not being proactive or perhaps just not knowing what to do. Either way, with a few simple modifications to tactics on this event we shouldn't wipe to it. If you want to see what I do for this event you can watch the video link I posted above of last nights attempt.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:26:07 PM by Zaknaffein »

Brenlaven

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 02:10:18 AM »
The main issues are tanks are being reactive and not proactive on thier assigned adds. What I mean by that is some tanks wait until the adds go live to do anything other than /targ their assigned add instead of being proactive and using a /targ hotkey when the adds spawn and not when they go live, and hitting flash Before the add wave goes live and spamming your mob with agro Before it goes live.

Lately, it seems the adds are better...at least I am not seeing nearly as many soothers or even pools over by the cleansing steam adds.  It still happens but not as often...except that last wave of adds where Endo had 2+ soothers and his cleaning steam...burning that last bit doesn't mean ignoring your adds.

Brenlaven

Brenlaven

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Non Transferable
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2016, 02:21:58 AM »
Non Transferable - This achievement is still missing it seems.

Everyone has to be on the same page on how to at least attempt to complete this achievement successfully.  From what I am being told the key is to be cured at the boss.  This means the three people that get the debuff have to be near the boss and then cured.  Self-curing or group curing away from the boss means a failure.  Also, apparently there is a specific buff that has to be cured...and at least one of three toons get this debuff.  It isn't clear to me if all 3 toons have to be next to boss or only the one (or more) with the specific buff...but it is simply easier to be at boss if your name is called out in the BIG YELLOW text.

To help with attempts on this achievement....EVERYONE should be near the boss.  The entire raid should be right at the boss except for these two situations (right?):

1 - Adds.
2 - Portal.

1 - Adds. This is just going to be a chance of bad luck thing...if an add tank gets the debuff at the start of the add wave it is unlikely a swap to another tank will happen so that tank can get to the boss...and dragging the mob to the boss may not be an option.  However, cleaning steams could actually be tanked at the boss....just not the combined ooze (mezzes).  Either way, during adds if an add tank/rooter gets hit it may mean bad luck on that run.

2 - Portal.  If the folks working the portal down get hit...the debuff has a timer on it...so it might be possible for that toon to run back to the boss and get cured but would require coordination with the curer of that toon.  Probably a simpler thing for that toon to try to get back than it is for an add tank to try to move an add to boss.  Something to think about...if you can get back before you get cured it means no failure.

I think we are close at times on this achievement.  We just have to get in the habit of being at the boss to cure. It seems curing the debuff drops the spell reflect so it is a win-win to get this achievement every week!

Brenlaven

Minisca

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2016, 10:51:05 PM »
So I was reading the EQ forums and found this post about the Non Transferable achievement. Below are some things that were mentioned so thought I would post it here.

Note the red text:
[42001] Transference of Harm
Target: Single
Range: 1000'
Resist: Unresistable, Max Resist Chance: 25%
Focusable: Yes
Reflectable: Yes
Casting: 0s
Duration: 30s (5 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
1: Decrease Current HP by 47673 per tick
2: Increase Corruption Counter by 35
3: Cast: Transference of Health on Fade
Text: Your health is linked to another's.

If this spell is reflected due to using Familiar Hooded Scrykin or some other form of spell reflect it may be one of the reasons we see the name "Error" message like: Grannus is now sharing his pain with Endotron, *ERROR*, and Khur.

Also, I know for a fact that the unicorns dispel. If a unicorn dispels someone with the buff it should lead to a failure. They only dispel if you are near them, you get knocked back. Not sure if any of the other adds dispel, I've only noticed it with the unicorns.

Failure message, "Grannus's protective magic has worn off. His spell resistance has dropped."

Other messages:
"Grannus's protective magic has been broken. His spell resistance has dropped." This is a success message.
"The power put upon you is released, but at this moment Grannus is too strong, is spell resistance remains." This is also a success, but he is in dervish form and keeps his spell reflection.

-Mini
Mini

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
Re: Vanquisher of Grannus of the Cleansing Steam
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
As for No Restoration...apparently there are oozes that spawn that will heal the boss. Killing them quickly might be the solution...maybe pulling them away from the boss.  Not sure when they spawn or exactly where so any information on this would be helpful.

Not sure when they spawn, but I saw Oruatyrim hailing a few times on my logs

[Fri Oct 21 21:24:31 2016] Oruatyrim says, 'Hail, a healing ooze'
[Fri Oct 21 21:24:31 2016] Oruatyrim says, 'Hail, a healing ooze'
[Fri Oct 21 21:24:32 2016] Oruatyrim says, 'Hail, a healing ooze'

[Fri Oct 21 21:26:23 2016] Oruatyrim says, 'Hail, a healing ooze'

hotkey /tar a_healing_ooze

Brenlaven

• Slacker
    • View Profile
Re: Vanquisher of Grannus of the Cleansing Steam
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 12:47:57 AM »
Not sure when they spawn, but I saw Oruatyrim hailing a few times on my logs
<snip>hotkey /tar a_healing_ooze
29%, 19%, 9% Ish....do not show up on ETW so a hotkey and mashing it helps for DPS and/or MA to call it...

Might be 39%, 29%, 19%...but it is late in the health...

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2017, 03:13:33 AM »
First healing ooze I saw was around 35-33%, I didn't catch when the second one was. Would help if people with mash buttons add the target hotkey to it.