Author Topic: Cleric guides  (Read 9616 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Cleric guides
« on: November 24, 2015, 08:17:54 PM »
It'd be nice if one or more of team Cleric members could write up or collaborate on some guides for Clerics.

A post on each of the following could be starting points:
  • Cleric Healing
  • Cleric DPS (yes, really; TU/Smith, heal-to-nukes/nukes-to-heal lines, discs etc.)
  • Cleric Spell Lineups for Raids (hotkeys, spell saves, ...)
  • Cleric Essential Raid Triggers (DI firing, MGB CR, DG etc.)

Mildaria

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: Cleric guides
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 11:56:54 PM »
I'm just going to leave this here.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 05:42:25 PM »
Celestial Regeneration now stacks with the spell HoTs that clerics (and shaman) get. Cleric spell HoTs don't stack with Shaman spell HoT though.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:04:22 PM »
Re: CR Stacking

I noticed this last week when the expansion was released and mentioned it in group, but wasn't sure if it was intended.

Looking at the patch notes from last week, the only reference I see to stacking is:

- Improved how buffs stack when checking spell effects that modify particular skills. If two buffs use the same spell effect in the same slot but impact different skills, they will now be allowed to stack.

At any rate, if it's intended maybe the thinking behind it is that CR, with the given cooldown, it won't be game breaking.  It's nice that they do stack though, having that extra umph available for some heavy AE or add situations on raids is handy.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2016, 03:35:28 AM »
I think I remembered seeing something about this being intended because of the shaman synergy using Shear of Renewal, which was blocked by Regeneration. They said they were changing the SPA or whatever it is called.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 07:30:31 PM »
We are in need of a current expansion (RoS) guide in this area.  I've thought about writing something up before, but there never seems to be enough time!  Perhaps someday though!

In the meantime, if anyone from Team Cleric (or abroad!) wants to chime in and contribute to a write up, by all means, do so. :)

For raids, I tend to pivot around one main spell set, but save custom line-ups for special events that need a specific cure, or an extra group heal.  I don't have my line-ups in front of me; as I'm not logged into EQ at the moment.  But perhaps I'll try and post them sometime.

That's all for now!  See everyone in game! :)

Dimerall

• Slacker
  • Just remember, No matter where you go,there u are
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 12:56:46 AM »
This is my lineup on spells:
Merciful Remedy
Spiritual Remedy
Merciful Light
Merciful Intervention
Mystical Intervention
Undying Life
Elixir of Wulthan
Shining Fortress
Mending Splash
Word of Greater Restoration
Issuance of Mercy
Unified Hand of Emra
Divine Imposition

I have gone into options/keys/category - Spell Casting and set my number pad 1 key to spell gems 1-6. Also the npad 2 key to spell gem 9. Npad 3 to spell gems 7 and 10.
Npad 1 is for single target heals, Npad 2 is for the cursor click raid heal, and Npad 3 is the group heals.
During raids I use my left hand for the Npad keys and move with the mouse.

I setup my Extended Target Window with Warriors first, then Shadow Knights, then Paladins, then pullers/clickers/kiters, then enchanters/bards if they are mezing, then shaman/druids. This depends on the encounter. I leave one space at the end for the Boss because of healing assignments may depend on a rotation based on the Bosses Hit Points.

I start off casting an Assuance of Mercy  near Raid and If called for either Tranquil Blessing+Elixir of Wulthan or Celestial Regeneration. I then use the AA abilities Divine Guardian on either Main Tank / off tank or a tank in my group, Divine Avatar and Battle Frenzy on cooldown, Furry of life, Beacon of Life on the Main tanks, Burst of Life on Main Tank, Celestial Rapidity and Focused Celestial Regeneration on cool down. healing in-between each.  When healing really gets tuff, or at the beginning I use the AA abilities Intensity of the Resolute, Healing Frenzy and Channeling the Divine for single target and exquisite Benediction for raid. Use these on cool downs after. I use Divine Arbitration, Cleric Epic and Third Spire alternatively. If I don't use Third spire I use Second spire to add healing. First spire if I am DPSing.

DPS setup is :
Merciful Intervention
Mystic Intervention
Unyielding Judgement
Merciful Contravention
Ardent Contravention
Virtuous Contravention
Unyielding Hammer of Zeal
Sound of Wrath or if Undead Sermon of Sanction
Mending Splash
Word of Greater Restoration
Issuance of Mercy
Mark of Shandral
Divine Imposition

I use First Spire on cooldown, Improved Twincast on cool down and If undead use Silent Casting + Improved Twincast + Turn Undead. Use Celestial Hammer on Cooldown.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:02:59 AM by Dimerall »

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 05:33:49 PM »
Here is a standard guide:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/basic-healing-setup-for-raid-clerics-for-ros-multi-bind-method.247597/#post-3636672

some hotkeys;

/pause 6, /xtarget 1 < main tank >
/pause 55, Cast 9 <Shining Fortress>
/pause 45, /cast 4 < Ward of Assurance>
/pause 35, /alt act < mass group buff >
/pause 25, /alt act < Celestial Renewal

Fast-N-Big
/timer 15000, /pause 2, /alt activate 706
/alt activate 6488

This AA combo will hit Channeling the Divine which twincasts our heals, then pause 2 tenths of a second.
The next line uses flurry of life which crits heals for a 35% boost.

Fast-N-Crit
/timer 15000, /pause 2, /Alt activate 997
/alt activate 8500

This AA combo will hit Celestial Rapidity which reduces casting time by 50%, then pause 2 tenths of a second.
The next line uses Healing Frenzy of life which crits heals + an additional 30-50%.

The /timer 15000 will grey out the hot button until both AAs have had time to reset.

Those two hotbuttons I rotate as oh, shit kind of healing.

A hotkey can be set up easily for a Cleric's Third Spire Rotation:

Social Name: 3rd spire rotation

1st line: /(healer channel #) Casting 3rd spire on MT.XXX (next cleric in the alpha list) is next for 3rd spire.

2nd line: /pause 5

3rd line: /alt activate 1472 (1472 is the numerical designation of the cleric's Fundamental Third Spire of Divinity)

4th line: /pause 870 (this is a pause of 1 min 30 sec. before sending a tell to the next cleric to cast their 3rd spire)

5th line: /tell XXX (the next cleric in the rotation) My 3rd spire is fading. Please cast your 3rd spire on the MT. Thanks.

Since our Third Spire of Divinity has a short range, you may/will have to move closer to the MT for it to affect him/her.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 05:39:07 PM by Ramelorm »
The only hard day was yesterday

Dimerall

• Slacker
  • Just remember, No matter where you go,there u are
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 02:29:11 AM »
My spell line up for ROS is :
Merciful Remedy
Spiritual Remedy
Furial Renewal unless no curing then Merciful Light
Merciful Intervention
Mystical Intervention
Ward of Assurance
Elixir of Wulthan
Shining Fortress
Mending Splash
Word of Greater Restoration unless no curing then Syllable of Mending
Issuance of Mercy
Unified Hand of Emra
Divine Imposition

The same as my last post on Hotkeys and AA usage.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:45:26 AM by Dimerall »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 02:54:59 AM »
Test Issuance of Mercy the other day, it casts Issuance of Spirit instead, so it is currently bugged. I posted on the EQ forums to let them know (under bugs for this latest patch since I don't know how long it has been this way).