Author Topic: TBM - Demiplane of Decay - T1 Raid - Wither and Decay  (Read 17183 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
TBM - Demiplane of Decay - T1 Raid - Wither and Decay
« on: November 28, 2015, 04:51:07 PM »
Demiplane of Decay - Wither and Decay

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Demiplane of Life, at crystal.
NPC Name: N/A
NPC Location: N/A

Keyword to Enter:Click your: Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul
Mirror clicky is obtained from completing the task: Into the Temple
Into the Temple task can be requested from Mayor Salvador West, in Demiplane of Life; kw: allow
Mirror clicky is the only way inside the instance.  Campfires do not work to port in.
Once inside instance, move all the way down into the pit.

Flag & Key Requirements

Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul is required for this event.

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul
Group Mission/Task: Into the Temple
Event Flags: None

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Nothing required.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

This event involves Wither and Decay bosses, oozes that target players, and types of Withering debuffs which hamper performance.

Follow MA calls, as focus our DPS against Wither or Decay depending on which incarnation it is.  Transitions can be their regular names Wither and Decay or:
[ Wither/Decay ], Fearing the Next Transition
[ Wither/Decay ], Prepared to Die

Withering debuffs are one of the main mechanics in this event.  Which debuff you get has something to do with your distance in relation to x/y boss and/or in the case of tanks and Withering Physicality debuff, whether you're currently tanking Wither boss (highest aggro).  Other factors are also in play which can alter these mechanics (details in sub-section Withering Debuffs).

It's possible to have more than one debuff at a time.  All debuffs persist through death.  Debuffs increase in intensity over short periods (ranks 1 through 10).

When a GREEN form boss dies, all your debuffs are removed.

Three types of Withering debuffs appear to be in play for this event:

Withering Physicality   - Bad for tanks (take more damage)
   - Lands on you when tanking Wither boss (highest aggro).

Withering Limbs   - Bad for DPS (do less damage)
   - Lands on you when in close proximity to Wither boss.

Withering Life   - Bad at higher ranks, DD + DoT scales up (X = 92k DD + 92k DoT, 18s)
   - Lands on you when far away from Wither boss.  This can change, details in sub-section Withering Debuffs

So, as you can see above, handling which debuff you have/get is a balancing act.  For example, as a DPS, you cannot solely just range DPS the entire time, because at a distance, you'll get Withering Life, DD+DoT; that scales up and will kill you.  In close range, you'll get Withering Limbs, that reduces your DPS by 100% in short order.  If you're part of the Wither MTO, once you tank Wither, you'll get Withering Physicality debuff and in about 45s-60s, you'll die from melee damage.

Tanks:
  • Withering Physicality III or IV above, do not be tanking either boss.  Call for tank swap.
  • Paladins - Purification AA, can remove a debuff, but it'll immediately return at the same rank.

Oozes:

When targeted by an ooze (Vomit aura), run north immediately, and let the ooze catch you there before returning to the raid.  When the ooze catches you, it turns big and remains stationary.  Anyone in the ooze gets hit by an aura AE.  You must react fast to this emote, as the ooze pops almost immediately when you're targeted.

Ooze notes:
- Try not to hang out at the north campfire unless you're emoted.
- Don't stand in oozes (we have a trigger to help with this, 3rd person view helps too).
- Oozes can path weird and get stuck.
* Rez'ing:  /corpse your target before you rez, to avoid rezzing someone into an ooze aura DD.

Withering Debuffs

Spell Details:
  • Withering Physicality/Limbs last 5 minutes.
  • Withering Life lasts 18s, refreshes though based on proximity check.
  • Withering debuffs spell rank increases every 15s.  If 20 min event timer exceeded, rank increases reduced to 5s intervals.

Withering Physicality   [ I - X ]   - Increase Hit Damage Taken by 5% (rank I) to 2560% (rank X)
         - Targets current tank on Wither (highest aggro).

- Example on 3rd person: Overeasy's bones are brittle.
         - Example on 1st person: Your bones are brittle.
         - Example off: Your bones are no longer brittle.

- Emote 1st person: Wither tells you, 'Wither will splinter and brittle your bones! I'll laugh in pure joy at the sound of your groans!'[/i]

Withering Limbs   [ I - X ]   -  Decrease Spell & Hit Damage by 10% (rank I) to 100% (rank X)
         - Targets players close to Wither boss.

- Example on 3rd person: Evilash's muscles atrophy.
         - Example on 1st person: Your muscles atrophy.
         - Example off: You regain your musculature.

- Emote1: Wither says 'Not enough piggies nearby to make a full eight? I'll have to speed up their atrophying fate!'
         - Emote2: Wither says 'Wither spies eight little piggies nearby. Little piggies' limbs will atrophy!'

Notes:
         Emote1 above suggests periodical check for eight players nearby, else Limbs scaling interval increases.

Withering Life   [ I - X ]   - 1k DD + 1k DoT (rank I) to 92k DD + 92k DoT (rank X)
         - Targets players far away from Wither boss.

- Example on 3rd person: Mulila ages prematurely.
         - Example on 1st person: You age prematurely.
         - Example off: You regain your youth.

- Emote1: Wither says 'Off in the distance, Wither spies innocent youths. Age will take you early, young fools.'
         - Emote2: Wither says 'No youths in the distance to feel their lives wither? The close ones will do just as well, if not better!'

Notes:
         Emote2 above suggests periodical checks for x players distance
         to Wither boss.  If player threshold not met, reverse the mechanic
         and target players with Life debuff that are close to Wither boss.

Wither and Decay
  • Wither and Decay change names/forms (color) throughout the event.
    • [ Wither / Decay ]
    • [ Wither / Decay ] Fearing the Next Transition
    • [ Wither / Decay ] Prepared to Die

• Decay spawns living vomit (ooze) at targeted players.  Ooze paths to player, turns into bigger ooze; stationary aura DDs.
  • When a boss is killed; as applicable, it respawns within 5 to 10 seconds.

Emotes/Lore:

Event Start:
Decay says 'Your toenails will rot and splinter, your skin will go dry as parchment, your blood will turn to black bile, and your bones will be as brittle as rotten bark. Only fools would dare tangle with Wither and Decay!'

Event Timer:
Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay, shouts, 'Wither and Decay, hold back the invaders for 19 more minutes.'
Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay, shouts, 'Wither and Decay, hold back the invaders for 1 more minute!'

Event Timer Elapsed:
Wither screams, enraged, 'You will wither into nothingness!'
Wither screams, enraged, 'You will decay into fetid sludge!'

Also, possibly timer elapsed/additional warning after x minutes: Wither says 'The time for talking is OVER!'

Killing Green form boss removing debuffs:

[Sat Nov 28 20:27:37 2015] Your faction standing with Damsel of Decay's Denizens has been adjusted by -1.
[Sat Nov 28 20:27:37 2015] You feel less susceptible to Withering Physicality.
[Sat Nov 28 20:27:37 2015] You feel less susceptible to Withering Limbs.
[Sat Nov 28 20:27:37 2015] You feel less susceptible to Withering Life.
[Sat Nov 28 20:27:37 2015] You gained raid experience!
[Sat Nov 28 20:27:37 2015] Decay has been slain by Mildaria!

Killing Correct boss; smaller faction hit:
[Sat Nov 28 18:03:45 2015] Your faction standing with Damsel of Decay's Denizens has been adjusted by -1.

Killing Wrong boss; larger faction hit:
[Sat Nov 28 17:55:03 2015] Your faction standing with Damsel of Decay's Denizens has been adjusted by -1000.

Various Boss respawn emotes:
Decay grumbles, 'Hur hur hur.'
Decay grumbles, 'Here I come, back from the dead.'
Decay grumbles, 'I live... again.'

Wither hisses, 'Ha ha, fools!'
Wither hisses, 'Here I come, back from the dead!'
Wither hisses, 'I live... Again!'
Wither hisses, 'Death is my mistress. I welcome it!'

Living Vomit (ooze)

Living Vomit spawn from Decay boss, targeted at players via warning emote.

When targeted by an ooze (Vomit aura), run north immediately, and let the ooze catch you there before returning to the raid.  When the ooze catches you, it turns big and remains stationary.  Anyone in the ooze gets hit by an aura AE.  You must react fast to this emote, as the ooze pops almost immediately when you're targeted.

Emote examples:
Decay spews a pile of living vomit in your direction!
Decay spews a pile of living vomit in Nintap's direction.

Caught in ooze:
Nuttann decays rapidly.
You decay rapidly.  You have taken 49035 points of damage.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

GINA File: tbm-demiplane-of-decay-wither-and-decay-02-15-2016-856pm.gtp (updated 02-15-2016, 8:56pm))

Includes:
- Living vomit emote, at YOU
- Living vomit emote, at target (public emote), to see who was targeted.
- Living vomit, in aura when damage exceeds 29k
- Withering Life, when damage exceeds 22k
- Event timer, at x intervals for last 5 minutes remaining
- Event timer, elapsed, power ups
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:59:02 PM by Furro »

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TBM - Demiplane of Decay - T1 Raid - Wither and Decay
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »
Under the Flag & Key Requirements section, you have it as "Mirror Fragment of Anashit Sul is not required", but it is listed as the keyword to enter the instance. 

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 06:31:18 PM »
Good catch Pad, fixed, thanks!

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 11:20:45 PM »
Added Trigger set.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 04:18:48 AM »
Saturday, November 28, 2015

Wither and Decay Defeated!  Nice work everyone!  Bit of a rough run, but we'll have adjusts for next week to smooth things out.

Keep an eye on this thread for updates and adjusts before our next run.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 01:07:28 AM »
Strategy post and triggers updated.  Please review the post and delete your old triggers before importing the new ones.  Also ensure that your triggers are enabled (checked off) as applicable.

If you're new to GINA and/or having issues with importing/enabling our trigger files, please read Ssark's GINA Manual.  If you're still having issues after following Ssark's guide, reply to the Audio and Text Triggers Alternative - GINA thread located in the Raiders Essentials section of our forums, and we'll work to resolve the issue(s).

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 06:22:00 PM »
Just a side note before I forget:
- This raid is buggy when you wipe, tanks need to zone out/back in instead of just laying around in hover mode waiting for a rez. Ae taunt and Ageless enmity will not work if you do not zone, which are two very important abilities in this particular raid -
- Unflinching attention WILL NOT give you highest agro. Stop relying solely on this ability for tank swaps as once it fades, wither will go right back to the previous tank and screw thier timer and more than likely kill them -
- this raid relys on adept and responsive tanks - Check my Warrior post out Here For tips or just ask me in game.
- On a swap call, Pop flash of anger, ageless enmity then phantom agressor. If ageless is down hit AE taunt, If both of those are down hit warlords grasp and hope a taunt is successful before grasp fades. If you didn't get a taunt in before grasp faded, pop Unflinching before grasp fades and hope taunt will be successful! While grasp/unflinching are on use all agro abilities ~ Use the hate meter/Target window to see who is top agro to know when you have true agro, or Don't.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 06:03:52 AM »
I wonder if it would be better to range Decay and melee/stay close to Wither. If he increases the level of his debuffs when he doesn't have enough in range. Or when melee are on Decay, have casters/priests keep close to Wither to get the Limbs debuff and keep it from leveling up.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »
I noticed a couple of times on the latest raid that the slime would be triggered when I was not near it, but I think my pet might have been. One was aimed at me while I was calling someone back, and I finished casting, then ran to campfire, and it went to where I was calling and triggered. The second one followed me to campfire but triggered before reaching me. Both times seemed shorter than the usual time it takes to auto-trigger.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 03:52:42 PM »
I noticed a couple of times on the latest raid that the slime would be triggered when I was not near it, but I think my pet might have been. One was aimed at me while I was calling someone back, and I finished casting, then ran to campfire, and it went to where I was calling and triggered. The second one followed me to campfire but triggered before reaching me. Both times seemed shorter than the usual time it takes to auto-trigger.

It could be, but I'm not sure.  What I do know though, from making the same mistake myself a few weeks ago, is that delaying after being emoted to finish a cast is a sure fire way to fail the emote.  There seems to be a very small window to react, certainly less than six seconds and definately less than 10-12 seconds of normal warning usually associated with emotes of this nature.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 01:15:20 AM »
Updated the strategy post related to the ooze emote:

Updated ooze trigger action instructions.

Optimized the triggers.

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 04:08:06 PM »
Last night we tried dpsing Decay first then Wither.  It appeared we got both to 50% initially MUCH faster.  Can help us in getting event done prior to timer elapsing.

Gimamam

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 04:56:37 PM »
Getting better. excellent job on dropping them before timer was up.

Tanks - good job on the tank swap chain. very appreciated.

lets have a repeat performance! if we get fast enough on dropping them we can start looking at the /ach's

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 11:45:33 PM »
I changed the trigger for the vomits to show when next vomit is coming, and to give a 3 second warning to back away from Decay.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »
I changed the trigger for the vomits to show when next vomit is coming, and to give a 3 second warning to back away from Decay.

Thanks Raccoo.  I changed decay to boss, and giving the trigger a try for our next run.

We have to be careful, when we're doing the one /ach where we need x people to stay near each boss, we wouldn't want them backing away.  Unless of course they were actually ooze targeted (which is a different emote).  Anyway, just mentioning it here, as others may be reading it as well, so a reminder to all!