Author Topic: TBM - Demiplane of Decay - T1 Raid - Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay  (Read 26499 times)

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: TBM - Demiplane of Decay - T1 Raid - Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 07:44:13 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXj_9boeE2M

I got bored and needed a break from writing essays, who needs sleep anyways
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:45:01 AM by Zaknaffein »

Kianara

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 02:22:14 AM »
Just adding my experience to this .. I highly doubt standing in one spot has anything to do with tentacle spawns.  First attempt tonight, I never moved once and never got a tentacle. 

Also a suggestion.  In the past, I've noticed a lot of people are late on their calls for curse cures, plus typing takes their attention away from the fight.  So, I had my group set up hotkeys sending me a tell for cures, I then made one with this:
/pause 5, /stopcast
/pause 5, /rt
/cast 7 (or whatever spell slot you have your curse cure in)

Had a MUCH easier time keeping up with curing and keeping group alive .. as long as you, and they, are paying attention.  The dot is deadly, and it's easy enough to deal with if you have the triggers (and you should!).  Just something other curers may want to work out with their groups as well.  Alive raiders = a good thing :)

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 05:30:56 AM »
Not sure about non-melee groups, but shaman with 5 meleers get the curse dot on usually 2-4 people at a time.

I've tried staying up top, and running down. Either way, if someone is in the tunnel they go OOR for cures at some points.
Staying up top seems to be ok, I think my epic hits through the floor (I get hit with the bard epic through the floor anyway), my cures and heals go through the floor. Downside is if I have to call someone, I /corpse and they get rezzed up top so they'd have to run back down.

Shaman do get group corruption cure (identical to the druid's).

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 02:47:48 AM »
I noticed that often I die to the following sequence:
You have taken 32500 points of damage.
You have taken 32500 points of damage.
You receive the Gift of Living Death.
You have taken 65000 points of damage.
You receive the Gift of Living Death.
You have taken 65000 points of damage.
You have been slain by Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay.

I can be full health and BOOM, in a second or two, I am dead.  Happens more often than I like to think.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 07:03:03 PM »
Defeated: Saturday, January 30, 2016

Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay defeated!  Nice work everyone.  To those players who were unable to attend Saturday, your efforts prior contributed to this victory as well!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:05:26 PM by Furro »

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 04:54:53 AM »
I changed the trigger for healers preference. It tells you how many cures you need to get to the preferred debuff (Limbs). I use two different potions depending on how many cures I need. Distillate of Immunization XIII for 1 cure, and Distillate of Immunization XV for 2 cures. I probably used 1-2 potions per attempt, and it saves me time and a spell slot.

Celebairn

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 12:24:11 AM »
When Anashti casts Gifts of Anashti Sul, it has a 50% chance to trigger either Gift of Endless Life (good effect) or Gift of Living Death (bad effect).  However, I believe the 50% chance factor is variable based on two range mod integer values in the spell data which affect the chance % to which either DoTs are cast.  The degree to which these range mods factor in is perhaps based on the distance the player is in relation to the source target, or maybe the distance the player is in relation to other player(s).  I suspect; but have yet to thoroughly test, that it is the latter, not the former, and that each time Anashti Sul casts Gifts of Anashti Sul AE, if no other player is within 25' range of you, that there is a very small chance or no chance that you will be hit with either DoT type.

I'm pretty sure there is something like this mechanism at play... I always try to stand away from everyone (I stand on the fin things upstairs) and I've never been hit by a curse until downstairs (and sometimes even longer)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 02:06:32 AM »
Optimized the triggers.

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 04:06:13 PM »
Just putting my 2 cents on this, and only my opinion, not the opinion of those in charge!

I am thinking we should try reverting back to the strategy where we do our main burn after her first port downstairs.  There are fewer tentacles, and from my experience, get hit with enfeeblement less often.  As the event progresses and we get more tentacles, melee are having a really hard time getting near the boss, and reduce our dps substantially.  Not to mention that as it goes on, more deaths which farther cuts into dps.  On many attempts with burn being on port back up, I have never really been able to get a main burn on the boss due to either a death or too many tentacles near the boss.

Maybe try melee burn on port down, ranged burn on port up?  Just feel like melee aren't getting utilized well by waiting to use our burns until later in the event.

Zenyan

• Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 10:39:26 PM »
Good point, Pad. After so long, it's inevitable to have her podium surrounded by tentacles. The longer we take, the more moving and adjusting people have to do get into position.

I would assume this is decided on before, but we have quite a few dps still up top when she ports down. The majority should already be waiting in the tunnel (hug the walls, to keep tentacles from spawning in the main throughway.) for when she pops. Maybe keep some ranged dps or the groups with Selo's up top to push her to her port %.

Just some suggestions.

Maglor

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2016, 07:20:21 AM »
This is the trigger I made that helps you to know if you are inside the tentacle aura.  The other one that Furro made lets you know if you are making the tentacles, but this one lets you know if you are inside ANY tentacle aura.

It has one command -- GET OUT OF THE AURA, FAST!

Padraigg

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2016, 01:55:36 PM »
Seemed last night we had a lot of Bokon up during the latter stages which made it hard for dps to dps.  Found this video, not sure if can see anything from it.  Video shows both decay raids, but during the damsel raid, it seems to highlight the guy that is dealing with the Bokon.  Again, not sure if this is what we are doing, or if can get anything from the video, just figured out would post it due to it seeming to focus on that, and that it seems successful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHkC57Ml_Qw

Gimamam

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »
Yes Padraigg, that is what the idea of what is happening downstairs is supposed to be.

even when we have 2 mobs stacked on top of each other downstairs where you can see them ghost in each others images, the ooze sometimes will still only hit one while directly above.

thank you for the video, it doesn't show much beyond that raid using 1 tank successfully to do bokon, where we are failing with 2-4.

Brenlaven

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 07:38:50 PM »
First, that video seems to be of multiple attempts unless that one toon can both tank and pull bokon at once. Second, the DPS they bring is probably different than what Freelance brings. Not necessarily in total DPS but in range versus melee. Who hasn't put Quickburn on ignore yet for whining how Machin Shin leaves 'x' type DPS up top and 'y' type DPS goes below.  So just take those videos as tools to pick up minor things Freelance can consider...

BTW, not suggesting Pad is doing the QuickBurn shuffle...just reminding folks that each raid force is different.

One thing is they slow the bokon. Not a big deal maybe. But the video showed slow hitting bokon.

Also, the order of the roots seem more consistent. There are two greenish root icons (Blusterbolt/Flusterbolt?) then one of them is overwritten by Vinelash (Ranger/Drood) or Spore Spiral (Drood) or some ranger single target normal root brown icon. In almost every case that seems to be the order.

Another is the tank lines up the bokon to be punt rooted to the fire.  This punt root is probably Blustherbolt/Flusterbolt but I don't know the recast timer.

Drood Paralytic Spore (single target punt root) lasts for 3+ mins but is overwritten by Vinelash (70 secs max?) which is not helpful. But the recast on Paralytic Spore is 1 minute while Vinelash is just the global cooldown timer.  So the CC team has to decide if they want to try to use longer term roots like Paralytic Spore / Spray (multi mob version) as just another positioning tool since they both punt the mobs like Blusterbolt/Flusterbolt and then reapply Vinelash over and over to hold them in place.

If the CC team can reapply Vinelash consistently (it has a refresh after all) and keep the bokon on the fire then maybe Freelance can reduce the use of a tank to keep them all on the fire once port down happens. But for now that tank strat seems to be helping quite a bit.

So if CC team want to work out a line them up and punt them to fire tactic that is great. Minisca is wanting to coordinate the use of oozes better as well to kill more in a single shot. Combining these tweaks should help with the bokon.

I don't focus on the the DPS of the boss when she ports down so this may be happening already but another observation from that video is that only the tank and back up tank are on the platform. All other melee DPS seem to be in the water around the platform. Again, DPS differences but this means the tentacles will spawn in the water so maybe the tank doesn't have to stand in a tentacle on a second port down. Her hitbox seems large enough to be in the water and still hit her...so if it isn't happening perhaps that can be tried on the next run.

Good stuff Pad. The video shows a few things to consider as Freelance refines the strategy.  8% and 5% are close and these minor adjustments might help get her dead.

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 04:27:51 AM »
I've been using a trigger to show me which members of my group need curse cured (have to update it manually each time group members change). I think I've made it so it will drop the overlay if you cure someone, but it is untested. Tested, and it works!

I just made another trigger that should say when anashti is casting the debuffs, every 35 seconds, but I haven't tested that one.

It is actually cast every 25 seconds. Updated the trigger.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 04:40:29 AM by Raccoo »