Author Topic: EVERQUEST DOWN !!!!  (Read 24880 times)

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
EVERQUEST DOWN !!!!
« on: May 02, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
SOE Downtime - May 2, 20116 hours 11 minutes ago by Cyliena

All Sony Online Entertainment services, games, forums and web sites are currently offline. This downtime relates to the recent Playstation Network intrusion. No ETA is available at this time. Here is the notice from Station.com:

Dear valued SOE Customers,

We have had to take the SOE service down temporarily. In the course of our investigation into the intrusion into our systems we have discovered an issue that warrants enough concern for us to take the service down effective immediately. We will provide an update later today (Monday).

During the downtime you are welcome to join us in ZAM's IRC chat. Feldon of EQ2Wire also has set up a ZAM IRC java applet that you can use

This sucks
servant of the circle of prophets

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EVERQUEST DOWN !!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 11:19:31 PM »
this was a thread on another EQ site .. with some info on it about the hackers .. imo when they catch them they ought to put their heads on pikes for screwing us out of our game for however long it takes sony to fix and secure the problems the dirt bags caused.

After claiming that Sony’s lawsuit against George Hotz et al was an attack on free speech, hacking collective Anonymous declared war on Sony. Hoping to seek revenge on the company, Anonymous warned that Sony would soon suffer for their actions. Now, Sony.com and PlayStation.com has fallen to the hackers, with more sites promised to follow.

Speaking on a IRC chat a group of Anonymous are currently attacking several Sony sites. At the moment both Sony.com and PlayStation.com (including the PlayStation Store over PC) are down, presumably due to a DDoS attack – a distributed denial-of-service attack. People involved in the attack, called “OpSony” are asking that hackers “crash all server of sony please”. (Update - Some people can connect to Sony.com, but the site is extremely slow).

Update 2: The PSN is also experiencing intermittent connection issues for numerous gamers. (Sony have said that the “PSN currently undergoing sporadic maintenance. Access to the PSN may be interrupted throughout the day. We apologize for any inconvenience.”)

In a document detailing some members plans for the attack, other sites targeted include sonypictures.co.uk and sony-europe.com, which are currently up.

Several members have also stated that the “Operation isnt over until sony do a press release”.

Farzooma Posts: 135Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:19 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [URGENT] SONY EQ System Compromised!

by Farzooma » Mon May 02, 2011 3:20 pm

And finally...........the Bang!

Sony has gained much attention, controversy and exposure ever since it took the PlayStation 3[ch8242]s first hackers, George Hotz and fail0verflow, to court. Some have joined Geohot’s battle against Sony and spent their time working on finding a way to thwart the PS3[ch8242]s security ever since Sony’s 3.60 firmware update. Now, a group that were behind the hacking of the entire Gawker network (Kotaku’s parent company), Amazon as well as Mastercard has declared a war on Sony due to their dealings with Hotz.

A statement released by the group, who are named Anonymous said:

Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”

You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your p*nises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.

Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

Here’s the image that the transcript came from (click on image to enlarge):
Attachments hacker's threat to SONY
Farzooma Posts: 135Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:19 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [URGENT] SONY Everquest System Compromised!

by Doomwalker04 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Nice...How many people would agree that these "Hackers" should just be taken out of their mom's basements and put on public display to be stoned to death. Violation of free speech my ass, when you HACK and STEAL things from a major company its a crime. Now all of the people who pay for the services that SOE offer are shit out of luck because some hacker community has a hard on for a couple retards who got lucky in court.

I just really don't understand why people like this are allowed to breathe. If your so badass then you shouldn't be afraid to let everyone know who you are. But apparently you were the ones who put their dicks in a hornets nest. SOE is doing what it must to defend the integrity of their systems security. I stand by them unconditionally, and believe that when you are found through your IP addresses, it should be fully within Sony's power to have you executed.

If you agree with me post and lets weed out these wastes of flesh and destroy them.

Troubsauce 90 Dirge Crushbone server Everquest 2 devotee

Marinoni

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 12:17:50 AM »
CUSTOMER SERVICE NOTIFICATION
May 2, 2011

Dear Valued Sony Online Entertainment Customer:
Our ongoing investigation of illegal intrusions into Sony Online Entertainment systems has discovered that hackers may have obtained personal customer information from SOE systems.  We are today advising you that the personal information you provided us in connection with your SOE account may have been stolen in a cyber-attack.   Stolen information includes, to the extent you provided it to us, the following: name, address (city, state, zip, country), email address, gender, birthdate, phone number, login name and hashed password.

Customers outside the United States should be advised that we further discovered evidence that information from an outdated database from 2007 containing approximately 12,700 non-US customer credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates (but not credit card security codes) and about 10,700 direct debit records listing bank account numbers of certain customers in Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Spain may have also been obtained. We will be notifying each of those customers promptly.

There is no evidence that our main credit card database was compromised. It is in a completely separate and secured environment.

We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1st we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the attack and as a result, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off all SOE game services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When SOE's services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your Station or SOE game account name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant, to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports. We are providing the following information for those who wish to consider it:

U.S. residents are entitled under U.S. law to one free credit report annually from each of the three major credit bureaus. To order your free credit report, visit www.annualcreditreport.com or call toll-free (877) 322-8228.

We have also provided names and contact information for the three major U.S. credit bureaus below. At no charge, U.S. residents can have these credit bureaus place a "fraud alert" on your file that alerts creditors to take additional steps to verify your identity prior to granting credit in your name. This service can make it more difficult for someone to get credit in your name. Note, however, that because it tells creditors to follow certain procedures to protect you, it also may delay your ability to obtain credit while the agency verifies your identity. As soon as one credit bureau confirms your fraud alert, the others are notified to place fraud alerts on your file. Should you wish to place a fraud alert, or should you have any questions regarding your credit report, please contact any one of the agencies listed below.

Experian: 888-397-3742; www.experian.com; P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013
Equifax: 800-525-6285; www.equifax.com; P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
TransUnion: 800-680-7289; www.transunion.com; Fraud Victim Assistance Division, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92834-6790

You may wish to visit the web site of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at www.consumer.gov/idtheft or reach the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 or 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580 for further information about how to protect yourself from identity theft. Your state Attorney General may also have advice on preventing identity theft, and you should report instances of known or suspected identity theft to law enforcement, your State Attorney General, and the FTC. For North Carolina residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 9001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-9001; telephone (877) 566-7226; or www.ncdoj.gov. For Maryland residents, the Attorney General can be contacted at 200 St. Paul Place, 16th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21202; telephone: (888) 743-0023; or www.oag.state.md.us.

We are committed to helping our customers protect their personal data and we will provide a complimentary offering to assist users in enrolling in identity theft protection services and/or similar programs. The implementation will be at a local level and further details will be made available shortly in regions in which such programs are commonly utilized.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please contact us at 1 (866) 436-6698 should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sony Online Entertainment LLC

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 01:45:07 AM »
Darn. Wanted to tank fippy again.

Guess I'll just have to think about other ways to annoy furro now.

Axum

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »

Anonymous said:

Congratulations, Sony. You now have now received the undivided attention of Anonymous. Your recent legal action against our follow hackers, Geohot and Graf_Chokolo, has not only alarmed us, it has been deemed wholly unforgivable.”

You have now abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work. You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands. This is the information they were willing to teach the world for free. The very same information you wish to suppress for sake of corporate greed and complete control of the users.

Now you will experience the wrath of Anonymous. You saw a hornets nest, and stuck your p*nises in it. You must face the consequences of your actions, Anonymous style.

Knowledge is Free. We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

heres the link for the actual post of Anonymous

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/1643140748_sonyop2.png

im doubting this is the reason for the shut down tho. I think its more for the actual hacking of CC#'s and/or stealing ID info.

Rickoshay

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »
Well, I hope they (SOE et al) figure it out soon. I don't like having my personal and financial data exposed. If SOE's servers aren't back up SOON with iron-clad security, they are going to lose a LOT of people. There are other MMO gaming networks that are up and running and have more of an eye for client security. I hope we will not see SOE go the way of Toyota, and Tokyo Electric and have upper management melt down and scrambling for solutions, just making matters worse rather than knuckling down and getting all resources on the problems.
If SOE has to have outside security experts come in and work on a fix for their situation, they did not have the right people in the right  positions in the 1st place.
Nuff said. But, I'm still angry. Guess I'll go play EVE Online, sigh.

Bumkus

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:40 AM »
So how are people enjoying their EQ vacation.  The first day was rough but I'm starting to dig it.

I used my free time to work on my back yard.  I got better at weeding (182)

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 02:11:31 AM »
So how are people enjoying their EQ vacation.  The first day was rough but I'm starting to dig it.

I used my free time to work on my back yard.  I got better at weeding (182)

Lies, I bet you failed FD in the weeds.

Zaaqen

• Slacker
  • Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »
I gathered up a bunch of mangy rot(ting) dogs and riposte disced them.

On an unrelated note, a crazy guy in my neighborhood was arrested for digging up recently deceased dogs at the pet cemetery.

Also, does anyone have $780 I could borrow until I can get to the bank?

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 07:30:33 PM »
they are now estimating servers will be down till friday or longer folks ..

has anyone heard from furro with this much downtime from EQ i am worried he has had a heart attack or has been stealing pies from his neighbors windows ..

Axum

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 08:27:39 PM »
last i heard, he was seen running naked with only a pie tin covering him.. probably looked a lot like spinning hubcaps on him. kinda funny image if you think about it, designer pie tins.

Bumkus

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 12:03:35 AM »
to huevos:

My wife already worries too much about me.  If I played FD doing yardwork I would give her a heart attack for real.

And were is Furro btw.  Maybe we could all meet in here on Thurs, Fri and Sat and let him boss us around for a while.  We gotta keep his spirits up.  :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:07:35 AM by Bumkus »

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 12:33:20 AM »
to huevos:

My wife already worries too much about me.  If I played FD doing yardwork I would give her a heart attack for real.

And were is Furro btw.  Maybe we could all meet in here on Thurs, Fri and Sat and let him boss us around for a while.  We gotta keep his spirits up.  :P

I'm sure furro is doing the normal things canadians do, nothing.

ochles

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
furro sighting

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2011, 09:09:16 PM »
OMG .. that is hilarious i love that picture lol put that on the cop facebook .. so cute 8) .. the half naked halfling with a room full of pies 8)