Author Topic: new comp from christmas  (Read 3596 times)

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
new comp from christmas
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:16:12 PM »
Ok guys .. since christmas i have had a bright shinny new comp that i haven't been able to get eq to run on .. wondering if anyone has any ideas

i have made sure the drivers were correct , i have found the files .. i have transfered over once and mirrored from a diff comp .. didnt' work

tried down loading new luancher and getting etn and then trying a 30 hour straight from sony patch didnt' work

tried using my old discs .. and yes we went back to classic eq all the way up to like tbs with dics didnt' work ( would have if that had worked gotten the other expansions from sony download )

i have tried all of these options like three or four times .. now for what it is doing .. at first when i try to get these working it will start the patcher but after a few attempts it wont' even run that ..

computer is a custom built .. but has legit windows seven on it .. which i have tried running in admin , xp , and 2000 mode as well ..

so needing fresh ideas would love to get this baby cooking think it would improve my lag since it wouldnt' be a combo of old computer and bad net .. would just be bad net lol ..

if you have an idea please tell me .. keep in mind i am pretty computer stupid but can be taught give me step by step using venacular lanquage ( spell?) .. if you don't mind please ..

thanks greatful for any ideas .. ps. the techs i have asked have no clue .. and guild ideas have run dry ..
servant of the circle of prophets

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: new comp from christmas
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 03:16:01 AM »
What folder are you installing it in?

Do something like c:\everquest

Dont install in the program files directory.

Give everyone full control of the directory.

Make sure the patcher and eqgame.exe run as admin.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 03:19:27 AM by Huevos »

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:21:52 AM »
i have been doing everything in admin .. but it seems the files are going into the right area ia m not sure though ..

the time i mirrored it .. .. it should have gone in correctly .. becu ase it woulkd have been set up like this one which runs eq ..

Zaaqen

• Slacker
  • Slacker
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 08:16:07 PM »
I had issues with my firewall awhile back. Be sure to make an exception for the patcher/eq or, failing that, flat out turn it off while patching (make sure to turn it back on later -- Note: Many virus protection programs have their own firewall as well as many routers).

Make sure that your computer has it auto set to run as administrator, not just right click and hit run as administrator. (It sounds stupid, but they have 1000 people working on 1 operating system. Something is going to get lost in conversion)

As Huevos said, make sure the files are not going into program files. It has issues with this and the default folder is in program files. (Depending on how it's installed it would be C:/Programs Files/Everquest -- Or -- C:/Program Files/Sony/Everquest )

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 12:25:20 AM »
ok .. want to thank everyone 8) for thier input on site and in game i got lots of tells thanks 8) ..

i finaly did get it to work .. 8) minus my ini's .. which i will just set up my boxes .. again ..

i did sort of a combo i went and did what eggs segested and then i used a alternate download site that sony has up .. has a funny looking loading box but it works 8) and i was able to get on  woot so after easter i should be going pretty good 8) ( gotta set up navi's desktop as well this little bit of work helped me understand a lot about the set up process of eq )