Author Topic: EVERQUEST DOWN !!!!  (Read 25098 times)

Bumkus

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: EVERQUEST DOWN !!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »
.. um and seriously now has anyone heard from FURRO ? ..

agree.  where you at furro?  I'm counting on you to hold us all together.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 01:12:55 AM »
.. um and seriously now has anyone heard from FURRO ? ..

agree.  where you at furro?  I'm counting on you to hold us all together.

Eating pie of course!

Hang in there all!

Bumkus

• Jr. Pie Eater
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 12:14:36 PM »
It...is.....alliiiive!  wb furro

Thulack

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 09:50:47 PM »
I have used the time to start my future pinball project!  youtube it and see it for yourself.  Building a machine with 2 x 40" LED Sony displays, its gonna be killer, the ultimate pinball.  Furro is probably trying shoes out and I bet the fur just makes his feet to warm so ......

I liked pinballs alot better until i had to start working on them and moving them for my job lol. Same goes for arcade games.

Rickoshay

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 11:15:16 PM »
Latest info from SOE on Facebook:

EverQuest
All SOE games and sites are still offline as of May 11th and will not return today. Thank you again for your continued patience and support as we diligently work on these issues. Players with an active house will be credited one month of upkeep costs and the inactive period will be extended from 90 to 150 days. More information on SOE's "Make Good" plan to come!

I hope they get things going soon. Out of sight, out of mind!
Have been having fun in several other MMO games including, but not limited to EVE online.
I'm afraid that if SOE is unable to fix this situation before the end of May, I may have to cancel my accounts. Both are 12 year accounts.
The longer time the servers are down, the more I worry about SOE's competency and ability to keep safe and secure servers to keep our personal and financial data safe.

Rick

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2011, 06:14:19 AM »
i think at this time .. even if they had stuff fixed it will be the gov't that has the say wether they start back up on a certain lvl. .. with the feds envovled and them considering it an act of terrorism an open investigation will slow sony from getting the swing back as fast as they might have. that is just my theory .. ..

that being said .. when it does come back i will be there. i just it isnt' me and a halfing standing there in the middle of an empyt guild hall having no one to heal or raid with.
so please hang in there guys..

my advice take the time to get some family faction .. you know those peeps you might complain that they never got the same attention as the computer did .. lol
and count this as a vacation .. once back furro going to kick our butts back into gear.
servant of the circle of prophets

holr

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »
Kids, for the temporary for us to hang out and remain togethr ( in that happy extended family ) we at CoP have taken up playing Dungeons N Dragons Online . Where it most definately is not EQ, its free and simple enough. We have even formed Circle of Prophets over there...lol we feel like a family. Anyway, we are on Orion server. If ya'all want something to do, the download takes a couple hours ( is like 6gb give or take). Should pop in and hangout. :D :D :D :D ;D ;D Just use the general chat to find us. Theres usually an inviter on at all times.

"Mmmmm Katnip"

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 02:58:01 AM »
May 12, 2011

We thank you for your patience as we continue to work around the clock to restore our game services. We know this has been a frustrating time for you and appreciate your understanding as we work to confirm the security of our network.

In light of the recent outage of Sony Online Entertainment's game services due to April's cyber-attack, we are committed to compensating our loyal player base for the inconvenience caused by the data breach and lost game time while we improve our security measures.

We are currently in the process of an extensive upgrade to our network to further protect your information from future attacks. It will likely be at least a few more days before we restore our services, and when we come back online, here is what you can expect for each of our game services.

First and foremost, all impacted players will receive 30 days of game time added to the end of the current billing cycle in addition to one day for each day the system is down. Additionally, many games are offering a variety of in-game items and special events to welcome players back once our services resume (per the outline below). This is true for both PC and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system based products.

•DC Universe™ Online: Batman™ and Two-Face™ Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
•Free Realms®: Free daily items (7 to collect)
•Clone Wars Adventures™: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
•EverQuest®: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
•EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
•Vanguard: Saga of Heroes®: A series of Double XP events
•Star Wars Galaxies™: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett's ship, the Slave I™
•Magic: The Gathering - Tactics™: Four of each of these spells: "Ivory Mask", "Duress" and "Angelheart Vial", plus 500 Station Cash
•PoxNora®: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash

For our lifetime subscribers, we'll grant in-game currency; specifically 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe Online (in addition to the items listed above).

And finally, our Station Access subscribers will receive 500 Station Cash, in addition to the subscription time and items listed above.

Additionally, we announced today that SOE will provide its U.S.-based Station Account holders with complimentary enrollment in an identity theft protection program through Debix, one of the industry's most reputable identity protection firms. For Station Account holders who live outside the U.S., SOE will be offering similar programs, if and as available, and will provide details as they're confirmed for each country or territory.

We continue to work around the clock to restore SOE's services and thank you for your continued patience as we complete our investigation of this criminal attack.

Thank you,
Sony Online Entertainment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 12:38:42 AM »

Servers are up!

Verisign was added to the EQUI_Animations.xml file.  For those using a custom Animations file, I've added the code below for reference:

Addition: EQUI_Animations.xml, just before the <!-- Achievement Overlays --> section, line: 1201
Code: [Select]
<TextureInfo item="verisignseal.tga">
            <Size>
                  <CX>128</CX>
                  <CY>64</CY>
            </Size>
      </TextureInfo>

Addition: EQUI_Animations.xml, end of file, just before </XML>, line: 20260
Code: [Select]
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_VerisignSeal">
            <Frames>
                  <Texture>verisignseal.tga</Texture>