Author Topic: TBM - Crypt of Decay - T2 - Grannus of the Cleansing Steam  (Read 19416 times)

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
TBM - Crypt of Decay - T2 - Grannus of the Cleansing Steam
« on: February 02, 2016, 12:10:51 AM »
Crypt of Decay - Grannus of the Cleansing Steam

Zone & Instance Info

Gather Zone: Demiplane of Decay, at Crypt of Decay zone-in (the tomb)
NPC Name: N/A
NPC Location: N/A

Keyword to Enter:...
Mirror clicky is obtained from completing the task: Into the Temple
Into the Temple task can be requested from Mayor Salvador West, in Demiplane of Life; kw: allow

Flag & Key Requirements

Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul is required for this event.

Zone Flag: None
Event Key: Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul
Group Mission/Task: Into the Temple
Event Flags: Greater Spirit Shield 16/16 Completed

* Minimum to be Piggy/85'/pushed into raid: Mirror Fragment of Anashti Sul.

Brief Event Overview & Strategy

For this event, we deal with Grannus and various types of adds with AEs and a main mechanic revolving around the adds.  In addition, there's a portal in play, as well as at least one emote, and spell reflection.

During adds, assist MA.

Adds spawn at: 80%, 65%, 49%, 31%, 14%.  We are given a few moments for targeting before they become active.

Image by: Gimamam

Boss / Adds CC and Positioning:
  • Tank Grannus boss in South-East (SE) corner.

• Offtank Cleansing steam (dervishes) adds North-East (NE) corner (stars in diagram).

• Rangers Root/Punt the Soother (golem) adds North-West (NW) corner.

• Enchanters MEZ the Ooze adds South-West (SW) corner.

Notes:

Soother adds:
- Cast Soothing - Small range 30' PBAE Mez.
- Cast Pool of Radiance - HP/Mana Drain, 45' PBAE.

Cleansing steam adds:
- Cast Cleansing Steam - Small range 45' PBAE Beneficial Dispel + DD 20k'ish.

Portal:

The Portal enhances Grannus.  When adds are killed, the portal becomes temporarily vulnerable.

Portal spawned North (although perhaps this is random).

Watch for MA calls when to attack portal.  Trigger will help alert as well.

Add death, portal vulnerable:
[Thu Feb 04 22:38:40 2016] Brenlaven hit a radiant soother for 59836 points of non-melee damage.
[Thu Feb 04 22:38:40 2016] The death of the morphling creature causes feedback to the portal to the Plane of Health, causing it to be temporarily vulnerable.
[Thu Feb 04 22:38:40 2016] You gained raid experience!

Portal emote.  This may be tied into Grannus reflecting spells when the portal isn't vulnerable.
[Thu Feb 04 22:54:12 2016] Grannus's life force is reinforced through the portal that leads to the Plane of Health.

Emote DoT:

At 50 second intervals, Grannus targets three players and incates who they are with an emote: Grannus is now sharing his pain with x, y, and z

The first player (x) is hit with DoT: Transference of Harm, the remaining two players are hit with DoT: Repentance of Harm.  Corruption 35 counters cures it.

Paladins Splash when the trigger goes off will help here in addition to healers curing the players targeted.

Text & Audio Triggers - Mandatory

GINA File: tbm-crypt-of-decay-grannus-02-05-2016.gtp (added 02-05-2016 (6:53pm))

Includes:
- Transference of Harm, Repentance of Harm debuff DoT, corruption cure.  Public/private emotes
- Portal vulnerable
- Spell reflection on/off for Grannus (when on, stop nuking, when off ok to nuke)

GINA Issues?  Help Below:

If you're new to GINA and/or having issues with importing/enabling our trigger files, please read Ssark's GINA Manual.  If you're still having issues after following Ssark's guide, reply to the Audio and Text Triggers Alternative - GINA thread located in the Raiders Essentials section of our forums, and we'll work to resolve the issue(s).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 01:57:29 PM by Furro »

Zaknaffein

• Jr. Pie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: TBM - Crypt of Decay - T2 - Grannus of the Cleansing Steam
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 09:13:40 PM »
GINA Triggers

Just based off memory here of the one time I did this raid a while ago and the triggers I made for that raid are above.

Main thing on this raid is dealing with the add waves and killing the portal that grannus pops out from after you kill the 3 dervish type adds in each wave. Should be able to kill the portal after just one, maybe two add wave deaths.

5? Waves of 9? adds. % based on spawn.

3 types of adds. One mezzes, one roots/stuns? one set gets killed. each set gets pulled into thier own corner. After the last one dies of the dervish? type, the others despawn and a blob spawns that does a pbae charm. Range dps him and melee run up to kill the portal at this point.

The pony can be mezzed?

some dot that targets 4? random people that needs cured/splashed/ corruption based I think.

I'll edit and clean this up after we make some attempts and I remember specifics.

Gimamam

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 04:39:54 PM »
i do not have my logs in front of me right now, so this will be expanded upon.

I would like to keep Grannus in the SE corner.

The cleansing steam mobs to the NE corner.
The soother mobs to the NW corner.
The oozes to the SW corner.

Chanters need to get some hotkeys made with the oozes names and be spamming mezz as soon as they can be targeted.  We cannot afford to have healers getting mezzed. 18s is too long to not have tank heals.

Cleansing steam mobs (dervishes) seem to only be able to be offtanked - no cc methods available/reported yet.

soother mobs (golems) were able to be rooted/punted.

the mobs all stand around for a few seconds before engaging.  please get your targets and get your taunts/mezzes/roots spamming before they go active so you are on top of it.

the combined mob is either 2 elemental types combined or all three. this is important to get at least one full group of one type down.  the combined mob has the abilities of the others.  the 2 elemental type mob combined was hitting in the mid 40k's.  the 3 elemental type mob combined was hitting for mid 60k's. if we aren't killing the oozes - this combined mob mezzes.  and when the tank is mezzed, dps get dead.

suggestion going on next attempt = kill the oozes. offtank the dervishes//root the golems.

i would still like reports of abilities that work on them. mezz on oozes/punt on oozes (dunno root - beguilers works), punt/root on the golems works.  please report stun, mezz, snare, etc on all mob types.

so far i noticed - 80%, 65% ish, 53% ish for add spawns - be ready at those times if you are assigned.

unicorns were confirmed to be able to be mezzed and beguilers reported to work.  after a duration of mezzed, they 'lose interest' and despawn. since their auras are detrimental - suggest they get punted into one of the halls so people aren't getting auras.

specific assigns for the time being - MTO 3 tanks, 3 offtanks for the dervishes, 3 tanks and 1 ranger for pickups/root till on golems, and 1 float to keep oozes off chanters, at least 2 chanters for specific assigns on the oozes to mezz off the bat. since we are going to try killing oozes - that float can be the point tank on the ooze kill.

dervish damage shouldn't matter, but the golems/oozes should be dry tanked as best as possible to avoid root/mezz breaks.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 11:04:07 PM »
Strategy Post Updated & Triggers Added

Updated the strategy post.  Please read it over before attending, thanks.

Delete the trigger set Zak provided and import the new set from the strategy post.  Ensure they are toggled on please as well.  New set is optimized, otherwise they are generally the same.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:07:50 PM by Furro »

Curmugly

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 11:27:40 PM »
Interesting that he casts an effect on 3 people, but 1 person gets 1 effect, the other two get a different effect.  Wonder what those effects do?

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:41:29 PM »
Interesting that he casts an effect on 3 people, but 1 person gets 1 effect, the other two get a different effect.  Wonder what those effects do?

I was looking at my curing on that.  I had thought maybe the point person with Transference of Harm was preventing the other two from being cured (which would have Repentance of Harm.  But from my logs, I seemed to be able to cure players regardless of order.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 11:09:35 PM »
Defeated: Friday, February 5, 2016

Gimamam

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 03:43:00 AM »
Add spawn percents: 82%, 65%, 49%, 31%, and 14%

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 07:27:14 PM »
Updated strategy post.

Gimamam did up a diagram to help illustrate positioning.  Stars indicate Cleansing steam and Combined ooze tank formation.

Image by: Gimamam

Brenlaven

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 08:07:07 PM »
The cleansing steam positioning seems to be working well. There is still a lot of improvement needed on picking up soothers for some reason and the pool of radiance oozes. As we do the target more this should get better...but going out of mana because there is a mob other than the one that should be in the corner is frustrating given how hard these mobs hit.

On the radiant ooze (combo ooze mob)...I sent a tell to Zak to stop pulling it to the assigned corner for the cleansing steam. There are 3 assigned tanks for 3 spots for cleansing steam and those 3 tanks are also (hopefully) planning to pick up the radiant ooze.  Having an extra tank help but pull it to one of those 3 spots (assuming the tank for that spot isn't dead) doesn't help imo. Instead, I suggested he pull it to the pillar in the center (thus forming a box) if it was needed.  His reply that was where the heelerz stand there...which would be a problem if they all got mezzed.

So, if extra tanks want to help (which is fine) and they can't make a box because heelerz are there...can we move the heelerz?  Last night, Zak didn't engage the ooze at all and that is fine...the 3 tanks are assigned a job and did it with a few deaths to casters but it wasn't a wipe event.  Instead of having no help if we planned for a possible fourth spot (the box idea) then if Zak or another tank wants to help they know where to tank the ooze and still leave the 3 other spots ready to tag the mob.

Comments?

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »
Is the trigger for the shield coming up correct? It seems out of sink to me. I tried looking at the log file but got tired. Might try again later.

Hardaen

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 09:00:58 PM »
The Silver Ooze !

This guy is very challenging.  If I am fourth in the MTO from my turn on the boss I help on this mob.  I have noticed as soon I get aggro from him, I am mezzed. I usually stand to the left of our corner and try to pull him there.  I started aggroing him because he would wipe the MTO healers.  I know will not tank him, but will hopefully pull him away from the MTO healers, give you guys another shot at getting him in the box.  On the last run I barely got unmezzed to grab the boss when it was my turn.

Go FL on to kill Cazic for the Soul Leech!   

Hardaen, Cazic Thule

Gimamam

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »
yes. there are 3 tanks assigned to the ooze - the same tanks that were on the cleansing steams.

but this does not prevent any other spare tanks that are not assigned or on grannus at the moment from saving a healer or dps.

if it doens't have a tanks name in the HoTT window, then just pick it up to prevent dps deaths and healer/mto mezzes.

we can look into shield emote - i think i agree with you raccoo that there is a slight mismatch on that trig.

Brenlaven

• Slacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »
What is up with the soothers? The last couple runs have been better but last night a soother or two were nowhere near the assigned corner. One was in the NE corner (steams), another round at least one soother was heading to the boss.

Are tanks having issues pulling them to the corner? Or are the tanks dying because the soothers are not being rooted quick enough? Or is it simply bad luck?

Based on previous experience, it is possible for one drood to park these mobs in the corner. A drood (or shammy) with paralytic spray can punt root the 3 soothers in one shot into the assigned corner for 3+ mins. That is plenty of time to kill the steams it looks like...  If only 2 soothers are in the corner a drood can still use paralytic spray and when the 3rd is pulled over paralytic spore gets that one in the corner.

As long as nobody overwrites the root with a lesser root (vinelash/flusterbolt) or someone nukes soothers to break root...one toon could handle the soothers rooting assignment.  Have a backup drood/shammy/ranger if a soother breaks root from nuking should cover it.  A drood in a caster group (not in a tank/add tank group) should be able to both root the soothers and still heel the casters as needed.

If we use (continue to use?) 3 rangers we are  wasting DPS for adds to die.  If the tanks are not pulling the soothers to the corner fast enough that is a different issue but a tank shouldn't have to wait long for the soothers to be rooted then move out of the corner.  With paralytic spray the tank doesn't even have to be completely in the corner given the knock back of that root.

Just trying to figure out a better mousetrap on soothers. Any thoughts on this?

Raccoo

• Pie Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 11:45:26 PM »
we can look into shield emote - i think i agree with you raccoo that there is a slight mismatch on that trig.

I think the spell shield/reflect goes up when it calls out the 3 names to cure. I changed my trigger to this, so will see if it is correct the next time we do Grannus.