Author Topic: 90 Alaran for raids  (Read 4591 times)

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
90 Alaran for raids
« on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:28 PM »
Which raids require 90 Alaran?  What happens if you don't have it?  Do you note see the emotes at all, or do you just get somewhat garbled versions that won't get picked up by GTT and other audio trigger tools?

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
Re: 90 Alaran for raids
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:08 PM »
Which raids require 90 Alaran?  What happens if you don't have it?  Do you note see the emotes at all, or do you just get somewhat garbled versions that won't get picked up by GTT and other audio trigger tools?

This. It's for T4 raids, but you need it tonight according to the pie nazi.

Borean

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 12:38:12 AM »
What's the point of requiring 90 Alaran for raids that don't need it?  Why not treat language skill like book requirements (or keys for HoT raids)?  Make it specific to the raids that need it.

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
First, apologies if there were any misunderstandings on how the new minimum requirements were going to be applied.  However, I think that still it was pretty clear to most people that the requirements applied universally to all raids, from level to AA to DoN//MPG to Alaran language.

Second, the Alaran language requirement was put in for (at least) two reasons of which I am aware:
  • It is fairly well-noted that a language skill of 90 is good enough to get through the GTTs necessary in the Sepulcher raids
  • 90 skill is also necessary in order to purchase templates for T4 armor.  The templates are only necessary if someone does not have the T3 version of the item.  We wanted to avoid any situation where a character won an item on a T4 raid that they cannot currently use.
You may or may not agree with those reasons, and that's fine, but now at least you know our (well, mostly the pieman's, but ok, our) thinking.

Now, as for the timing, we thought it would be simpler if the requirements were changed all at once, up front, with 6-8 weeks notice so one could prepare for it, rather than putting them in a little at a time, and people getting frustrated with having to learn new requirements every couple weeks as we change them.  It also makes it a heckuva lot simpler to vet that people have met the new requirements (because we just have to look once), which means raids get started on time, we get more targets in, progress further, more drops, etc.

I understand the frustration with not being able to enjoy raid time with us.  However, there have been a pretty good number of people offering assistance and doing VoA tasks and missions in the FLRaids channel over the last six weeks, and there's no reason to think that this assistance will end any time soon.  Besides raiding in the evenings, the FLRaids channel does facilitate some grouping and gathering (you've even leveled with me in CoB if I recall based on jumping into my group), so take avantage of it and I'm sure we'll see you on an upcoming raid very soon.

Cheers,
  Ss/Eri
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:57:35 AM by Ssark »

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 12:29:06 AM »

Second, the Alaran language requirement was put in for (at least) two reasons of which I am aware:
  • It is fairly well-noted that a language skill of 90 is good enough to get through the GTTs necessary in the Sepulcher raids
  • 90 skill is also necessary in order to purchase templates for T4 armor.  The templates are only necessary if someone does not have the T3 version of the item.  We wanted to avoid any situation where a character won an item on a T4 raid that they cannot currently use.
You may or may not agree with those reasons, and that's fine, but now at least you know our (well, mostly the pieman's, but ok, our) thinking.

Yes, but the Alaran only matters for Spelchuer as you said. Making a requirement for raids that people have done many times over is stupid and bad optics. The T2 and T3 should have been a requirement from the start and then T4. To start it now were it has 0 effect on the raid is assinine.

Now the AA, DoN and MPG helps on everything so making that a new requirement is fine.

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24:38 AM »
hi just posting here becuase i want to get a better ranking on site by posting more then ssark ..
that being said .. yes we have been running groups for don mpg and voa .. so hopfully you can get in on one of them and we can catch yu up 8)
servant of the circle of prophets

Ssark

• Pie Thief
  • Truly Wakko
    • MSN Messenger - quadrazu
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - quadrazu
    • View Profile
    • Wakko on Wikipedia
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 01:28:05 AM »
I should smite you for that, but I'm not as brazen as a Huevos!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 01:33:02 AM by Ssark »

frostfox

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance cleric
    • View Profile
    • circle of prophets facebook
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 02:27:42 AM »
stop posting darn you monk !!!!!
servant of the circle of prophets