Author Topic: Druid Twinheal, Impress your Raid Leader  (Read 14416 times)

Nuttann

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Druid Twinheal, Impress your Raid Leader
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 05:27:52 PM »
Sorry. I have only ever played this character, so am not up on other classes' spells.  I may have misunderstood what you had said one point about Cleric twin.  I thought in a tell you had mentioned that you thought our blessing did a heal as part of the spell.  It does a nuke.  I might be missing what was intended below.  Unless it also procs damage on every proc'ed heal.  In fact, I don't even know what the Cleric spell line is.

Just as there's no reason your twin line doesn't do
     damage, and the Cleric version does.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 06:33:04 PM »
Sorry. I have only ever played this character, so am not up on other classes' spells.  I may have misunderstood what you had said one point about Cleric twin.  I thought in a tell you had mentioned that you thought our blessing did a heal as part of the spell.  It does a nuke.  I might be missing what was intended below.  Unless it also procs damage on every proc'ed heal.  In fact, I don't even know what the Cleric spell line is.

Just as there's no reason your twin line doesn't do
     damage, and the Cleric version does.

My mistake there, you're not misunderstanding.  I misread lucy, for the Druid line your DD portion is added via a trigger effect, whereas the Cleric version is direct dmg and bonus portions for undead, summoned mob types.  I've edited my prior post appropriately to correct the misinformation.  Thanks for catching it.

As to your comment about /tell and blessing doing a heal.  I don't recall saying that.  Perhaps it was a miscommunication if it was said.  We both have almost identical twin lines, minus the bonus dmg portions. 

Our nuke/heal line is similar, but not identical.  Fairly sure your remote line is 24s recast, whereas the cleric is 30.  But all the same, aside from the Druid version being linked, it's still useful.

I listed the Cleric versions in the parallel twin post for Clerics here if you're interested.  I don't claim to know all about Druid spell lines either, and have no issue saving face admitting it either. <grin>.

Btw, greatly appreciate the discussion, I wish more of our raiders would frequent this forum and post their viewpoints as well.

Huevos

• Pie Thief
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 11:09:29 PM »
Halfling cage match !

ghanda

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 09:24:03 PM »
For some reason I was totally ignoring the twincast heal spell line.(have been using the damage line) Must have been new spell overload, from going from 75 to 95 since I've been back to game. After reading this post I started useing it yesterday. Keep in mind I just turned 95. I'm under geared and still have a bazillion aa's to catch up on. This spell line is a god send. Before I left the game 5 years ago I had maxed aa's and had no problem healing in group or raid. Since I've been back, healing a group has been a scary experiance. I was always behind and running out of mana. One lag spike & ... no more tank. Yesterday I started useing the Sunbreeze Blessing RK ll spell and had no problem at all. Yes it eats more mana but I find it so much more effecient since I dont have to spam heal to keep the tank & group up.