Author Topic: Gear Check!  (Read 60011 times)

Kaylaanie

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gear Check!
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2012, 05:12:33 PM »
Yeah, just tried to duo it with my husband's BST and failed it because I couldn't get enough tokens fast enough.  Gonna have to scrounge up help on that one.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »
Yeah, just tried to duo it with my husband's BST and failed it because I couldn't get enough tokens fast enough.  Gonna have to scrounge up help on that one.

Are you destroying the chests? Kill the adds also they drop coins.

Kaylaanie

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »
Yeah but I couldn't beat them down fast enough by myself while I sent the pet on the adds...I got help so that's all done now.  6 of 6  ;D

mistatk

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »
Resynced magelo, but in the process of moving augs again.  Got some really bad advice from FL tanks who bought t2 VoA mask because they "have plenty of agro".  After buying it and loosing agro several times talked to several more tanks who said "they would never ever" not use an agro focused mask.  So i will be baggin my t2 voa mask and going back to old agro mask.  Guess I should have been clear that I didnt mean can you stun lock trash mobs while wearing a non agro mask, meant can you maintain agro tanking during a dps burn. ah well, live and learn

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »
Resynced magelo, but in the process of moving augs again.  Got some really bad advice from FL tanks who bought t2 VoA mask because they "have plenty of agro".  After buying it and loosing agro several times talked to several more tanks who said "they would never ever" not use an agro focused mask.  So i will be baggin my t2 voa mask and going back to old agro mask.  Guess I should have been clear that I didnt mean can you stun lock trash mobs while wearing a non agro mask, meant can you maintain agro tanking during a dps burn. ah well, live and learn

Agro is different for hybrid tanks, because their agro is almost entirely spell based not swing based like warriors.  So I think Warriors benefit more from the agro mod on mask for example.  Check with TSW to confirm though imo.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:46:43 PM by Furro »

Juddor Darkguard

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2012, 06:51:33 AM »
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1874069

Im missing last DoN raid to complete all of those (vish)

MPG trials completed

Im working on finishing remaining decent AA's

Was going to camp underfoot augs... cant seem to box kill the t3 and t4 VoA aug mobs.

Gear.. have essential effects i think other then 16% overhaste (i have 8% in bag)and those clicky AE effects with + crit

Juddor

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »

Im missing last DoN raid to complete all of those (vish)

This can be single grouped now.  Maybe some others in channel that need would be willing to join and bust it out?

MPG trials completed

Im working on finishing remaining decent AA's

Was going to camp underfoot augs... cant seem to box kill the t3 and t4 VoA aug mobs.

Gear.. have essential effects i think other then 16% overhaste (i have 8% in bag)and those clicky AE effects with + crit

Juddor

Quick Review

AUG Adjusts:

Put your Beveled Mithril Gear Set aug in your shield slot.  Highest AC always in shield.

Move your Glowing Lena Fete Rune to your right ring.  Move Lifeweaver's Symbol to your boots (highest AC in boots, contributes to kick dmg).  May seem minor, but why not? ..

You're missing an AUG in your Left Ring.  Anything in there is better than nothing.

The following AUGs lack key tank heroics:
    L-EAR - Slippery Slimerock
    L-WRIST - Fragment of Heavy Steamwork Plating
    WAIST - Charged Alloy Bolt

* TYPE 13/14 Purity: As you upgrade your visible set going forward, ALWAYS slot in Purity 25 AUGs.  This way you benefit from the gains in the interim.  They're dirt cheap from a variety of vendors now across several expansions.

* Type 3 AUG: Missing Dodge 8% aug Icy Prism of Avoidance.  This is important.

* Type 15 Chest Emblem: Your current emblem lacks key tank heroics.  Replace with the following:

VoA - Emblem of Illdaera

or interim, -1 heroics from VoA version: HoT - Emblem of Rallying Dreams

AA Lines:

General Tab[list bull-blackarrow]
  • General Sturdiness - Those last few ranks will add 900 more HP total.
  • Mystical Attuning - Five more buff effects on you.  You could be capping out currently on raids.
  • Discordant Defiance (Resist cap raise, last rank will max you out)
Class Tab[list bull-blackarrow]
  • Infused by Rage - Last 3 ranks should be 900 more hate than currently
  • Gut Punch - Last two ranks should be 1200 more hate than currently
  • Hastened Gut Punch
  • Hastened Fortitude Discipline
Note:  Perhaps a few of our other warriors can double check your AA, in case I missed something really useful.  You have many good lines already polished off which is nice.

Final Note:

Regarding VoA named, boxing I can see being an issue against some of them for sure.  Perhaps seek out others that can compliment your setup and/or share similar interest in the named you're after?  Utilizing FLRaids to see who's around at the time imo.  Not always possible of course, depending on playtime, but just putting it out there.

Oh, also, talk to other boxers, they may have isolated some T3/T4 names that are easier to box and drop pieces you're after. 

If you havn't already, don't forget that raidloot.com you can sort/filter augs by heroic stat, and isolate a short list more quickly.  It'll even list where it drops. 

Juddor Darkguard

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2012, 06:32:35 AM »
Thank you for the feedback

Looks like i forgot to add augments to that rung slot.. and i had  the icy prism of avoidance in that ring slot as well.

I moved the augments around as mentioned.

I updated the magelo.. I was working on just the AA's you mentioned, and should have them done in short order.

any other feedback would be awesome, i will try to keep it up to date.

Juddor

Juddor Darkguard

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2012, 09:30:25 PM »
also here is a link to zerker

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2249820

I'm trying hard to up his survival.

my primary question with him is augments.. in the past i was focusing on AC.. which was a mistake..

I don't know what the conversion is for Hstr to damage, but i heard Hdex has diminishing returns on +crit chance...

So what should he focus on primarily for augs... + hp and + Hstr.. with Hdex secondary?

I'm working his AA's with more survive-ability as focus (resists, +hp, then remainder of CA/CS), i might get hasten cry of battle done first though...

I built him for max DPS... Light tank... AE's where eating him.

Theoli

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »
Since i finally registered, Here it is

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2248906
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:52:25 PM by Theoli »

dukkar

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2012, 03:11:32 PM »
Good day

When able could someone do a gear check for me

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1428308

I know i need to finish the MPG trails and tier 3 and 4 of the DoN is its worth it

thanks

dukkar

Excrudahl

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2013, 08:25:50 PM »
This is really for more of an AA check than a gear one. I've got so much left to work on that I welcome pointers for anything I should get or improve immediately.

In case my signature doesn't show up for some reason: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1318122

Drasp

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2013, 12:50:45 PM »
I am always looking for help with my gear.  I know some of the augs are on the weaker side but generally I enjoy doing missions and quests than sitting camping augs although I do it on occasion.

The profile is up-to-date because it was just created.

In particular, looking to see what to buy with 70 shadow stones

My profile is http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2116089

Have a shot at it!

Drasp

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 04:21:12 AM »
This is really for more of an AA check than a gear one. I've got so much left to work on that I welcome pointers for anything I should get or improve immediately.

In case my signature doesn't show up for some reason: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1318122

If I were you, with what you have so far, I'd work on start/finishing the following AA outlined below in the short term.  I ranked them in the order of what I would do first in this situation:

1 = High
2 = Medium
3 = Low

General:
3 Combat Agility
3 Combat Stability
3 General Sturdiness

Archetype:
1 Healing Boon
3 Shield Block
1 Twinheal
1 Spell Casting Subtlety

Class:
1 Tranquil Blessings
1 Hastened Mass Group Buff
1 Burst of Life
1 Celestial Regeneration
1 Hastened Celestial Regeneration
2 Improved Burst of Life

For heal burn:
2 Celestial Rapidity
2 Flurry of Life
2 Healing Frenzy
3 Extended Healing Frenzy

Heal Burn

On raids or grouping, my heal burn is as follows in a hotkey:

/alt activate 997
/alt activate 6488
/alt activate 8500
/alt activate 1471 (this is 2nd spire, so it'll lock out 1st/3rd)
[tell Furro Healing Burn Activated

#997 - Celestial Rapidity: Increase Spell Haste by 50%

Not limited by normal haste restrictions. 
Graceful Remedy 0.5s becomes 0.3s
Virtuous Intervention 1.5s becomes 0.8s
Reverent Light 3.8s, focused to 2.3, becomes 1.9s
Word of Renewal 2.7s becomes 2.3s
and so on...

#6488 - Flurry of Life: Increase Healing by 30%

#8500 - Healing Frenzy:
Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Extend: Yes
1: Increase Spell Mana Cost by 50% to 80%
2: Increase Chance to Critical Heal by 100%

Burn a bit more mana, but the 100% crit rate more than makes up for it.

#1417 - Second Spire of Divinity: Increase Healing Bonus by 2000

Notes:

For raids, aside from "oh snap" moments, every raid I'm using a heal burn at one or more points in the event where it's dicey.  At times, depending on the length of the event and when the burn is used, you can get it in more than once, since they're 10-15 min refresh discs.  You don't have the AA yet, but I'll often combine the planned burns with Silent Casting just prior to avoid unneeded attention.  In addition, during the burn I'll use Forceful Rejuvenation (refresh all my spell timers) for maximum effectiveness.

Twinheal

My heal technique is as follows:

Almost every heal I cast is centered around fast casts 0.5-1.5s Heals, Heal to Nukes, with a twincast/twinheal weave.

Twincast: The Glorious series is our Twinheal line consists of a nuke with a chance to twinheal buff with counters.  You nuke a mob, a Twinheal buff icon will appear in your short-term buff window, and the next TWO heal type spells you cast will CRIT HEAL (double heal).

The concept is simple.  Use a Glorious line to twinheal proc; follow up with an Intervention, GC and/or whatever as the situation demands.  Rinse, repeat.

The entire technique is designed to increase burst heals.

Notes:
Any direct cast heal will work with the twinheal.  This includes our target Splash, Group Direct Heal, etc.
The Intervention spell lines are not linked together.  So casting one doesn't lockout the other(s).

My spell lineup for raids is generally as follows:

1) Olsif's Retort or Reforming Splash
2) Elysian Intervention
3) Graceful Remedy
4) Glorious Censure (use this version, it's the lowest mana cost and the twincast effect is the same regardless of new/old)
5) Virtuous Intervention
6) Word of Reformation
7) Ceslestial Intervention
8) Reverent Light
9) Divine Interposition
10) Fifteenth Emblem
11) Shining Bastion
12) Elixir of the Acquittal

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 05:35:33 AM by Furro »

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 01:03:19 AM »

I am always looking for help with my gear.  I know some of the augs are on the weaker side but generally I enjoy doing missions and quests than sitting camping augs although I do it on occasion.

The profile is up-to-date because it was just created.

In particular, looking to see what to buy with 70 shadow stones

My profile is http://eq.magelo.com/profile/2116089

Have a shot at it!

Drasp

Gear wise, if I were you I'd do the following:

Augs

Pickup the LDON type 3 dodge aug Icy Prism of Avoidance (8%).  This is important.

I'd go through each aug and replace heroic stamina with heroic dex, or agi (w/ac included on them).  The consensus seems to be leaning towards hdex now for tanks though possibly.

CoTF note, there's currently a nice 44 AC HDex aug so far that would be good for tanks.  raidloot.com doesn't have all the CoTF augs listed yet, so I'd check eqresource.com as well until then.  But raidloot.com is still handy to sort by HDex for example and see if there's any good augs you've overlooked to date.

Gear

Visible: Covered with RoF cultural currently.

Non-visible:

There's always upgrades, but you mentioned looking for something to spend your shadowstones on currently, and what stands out to me is your group charm slot.   I'd replace that with Quintessence of Shadow T3 charm, it's stats are based on Mission/Quest completion in RoF/HoF (which you mentioned you enjoy doing).  Maxing out the quests/tasks gives this charm some big stats (153 AC, 3620 HP + 15 to all heroics that matter etc).  It's the charm I currently use and it costs 60 Shadowstones from the T3 vendor.  This is the charm I currently use, so you can check my magelo profile in sig to see the stats more clearly.

If you're in doubt on the charm, /testcopy and buy it there first and then equip to see how it works out.  But if you're maxed out on RoF/HoF missions/quests, it should reflect the above stats (not what the raidloot.com link shows).

EDIT: Key of Memory is also a RoF progression charm.  I'd definitely /testcopy and buy both to test if you have the T4 currency for Key just to check which ends up being higher Hdex (14 on the key according to raidloot.com, but this could be wrong, as Quint is 15 clearly and raidloot.com lists as 13).

AA

No reason to comment on AA, as you seem to have them all covered pretty much.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 01:10:54 AM by Furro »