Author Topic: Gear Check!  (Read 59472 times)

mistatk

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gear Check!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 12:54:31 AM »

Stainn

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »
Stainn

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1977621

ok furro, please help me be the best i can be.

Janiblis

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
Janiblis 90 Magician Female Dark Elf

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/115097

In T4 Group gear and Dreamote gear for other slots mostly,

Looking for Better Pet Focus and a Circle of Mana clickie

For my play style the Pet and Mana/Mana Regen are everything.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2011, 09:26:18 PM »
Bard and Cleric armor, please help on review :)

zuhymn   http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1761633

zzhymn    http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1998249

AUG Review: Zuhymn

Bard critique.  Although you're ADPS/DPS, I went balanced with defense oriented augs, with a mix of STR/DEX and AC.

If you're okay on OMM Brew, the Silver Dragon Scale will be a quick upgarde.  There's some other OMM augs I didn't mention as you probably know (red/black dragon scales).

If you have UF vendor unlocked, then picking up those augs with Brellium Tokens are other quick upgrades for no time spent camping the rares.

For direction / AUG selection, raidloot.com allows searches by specific Heroic stat:

Heroic AGI
Heroic STR
Heroic DEX

Note: It's good to scan those links.  As some items you may have in bank, and/or see another option I missed that suits your focus (be it AGI/DEX/STR etc).  Not all bards go balanced, some appear to go more defense, some DEX.  There's a minor thread hDEX bard thread at The Concert Hall here.

spacer                
SLOT     QC     CURRENT    REPLACE WITH     REASON
Ear-L     GOOD     Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour             
Neck     NFG     Shimmering Heart of the Phantasm    Gem of Unwavering Tenacity     Missing Key Heroics
Face     GOOD     Beveled Mithril Gear Set            
Head     NFG     White Dragon Scale    Blood-Soaked Spellstone     Missing Key Heroics
Ear-R     NFG     Balye's Heraldic Crest    Mooto's Stone     Missing Key Heroics
Finger-L     NFG     Icy Heart    Petrified Skull of the Unworthy     Missing Key Heroics
Wrist-L     NFG     Crushed Bone Sliver    Ksathrax's Amber     Missing Key Heroics
Arms     GOOD     Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour            
Hands     GOOD     Glowing Lena Fete Rune            
Wrist-R     NFG     Bloodfeather's Eye     Stone of Insanity     Missing Key Heroics
Finger-R     GOOD     Iron Plated Timing Pendulum Model XXXIX             
Shoulders     GOOD     Polished Rockomancy Diamond             
Breastplate     NFG     Slippery Slimerock     Incaradine Gemstone (UF vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Back     GOOD     Nesalie's Spell Gem            
Waist     GOOD     Curator's Treasure            
Legs     GOOD     Lifeweaver's Symbol            
Feet     NFG     Bipolar Interlock     Silver Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Primary     GOOD     Blessing of Might            
Secondary     GOOD     Slime Coated Pebble of the Deep            
Range     NFG     Ireblind Imp Heart     Crystallized Cliknar Eye (UF vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Charm     GOOD     Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model IX            

* TYPE 15 Emblem: Breastplate Emblem - Swap to Emblem of Rallying Dreams (your current emblem lacks 2 out of 3 key tank heroics).

Seasonal AUG Events

There are several seasonal events that result in extremely powerful AUG rewards.   Unfortunately, you missed them this year, so I'm just going to reference them here until they pop up again around April or so. 

Sacrifice as many kittens as you have to in order to get these when the events are live again:

Mana Laminated Gear Set

Bronze Slant Thread Pinion Gear Model

Gem of the Eleventh Duelist

Ionized Pinion

Harded Steel Spur

Gear Upgrade Suggestions

Raid Range item, for Improved Dodge 7 upgrade (you currently have ID5).

Raid Neck for Parry/Block mod upgrade.

AUG Review: Zzhymn

I approach Cleric itemization with a strong emphasis towards defense, but with some balance in mind as well (priority hAGI/STR/AC, with HP/M/Mods being 3rd/4th factors).  More often then not; as a result of being in the thick of things getting hit, we die more with MANA then running out.  We have the benefit of being a plate class, on the same mitigation table as Bards.

A couple SOSO exceptions can work as noted below due to their mods.  You're limited on replacing these due to seasonal AUG gaps currently.  So no worries here, it's not a make or break at this point.  When the seasonal events roll around again, I'd suggest picking them up if able.

spacer                
Ear-L     NFG     Annealed Mana Conductor     Mooto's Stone     Missing Key Heroics
Neck     GOOD     Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour            
Face     NFG     Dark Soul Crystal    Petrified Skull of the Unworthy     Missing Key Heroics
Head     GOOD     Curator's Treasure            
Ear-R     NFG     Bonegrinder's Bauble    Incardine Gemstone (UF vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Finger-L     SOSO     Glowing Lene Fete Rune            
Wrist-L     NFG     Fragment of Heavy Steamwork Plating    Polished Rockomancy Diamond     Missing Key Heroics
Arms     NFG     Bayle's Heraldic Crest    Gem of Unwavering Tenacity     Missing Key Heroics
Hands     NFG     Gold Plated Contact Spring Model XXXVII    Ksathrax's Amber     Missing Key Heroics
Wrist-R     GOOD     Iron Plated Timing Pendulum Model XXXIX             
Finger-R     SOSO     Tantarene Gem of Heretical Power            Mods make this work
Shoulders     SOSO     Gem of the Eleventh Hour            Mods make this work
Breastplate     GOOD     Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour             
Back     NFG     Silver Threaded Worm Gear Model XXIX    Anomalous Rock of Alteration (LDON)     * Ref. Note1
Waist     NFG     Shimmering Heart of Phantasm    Black Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Legs     NFG     Eleventh Shard of the Emerald    Blood of the Fallen     Missing Key Heroics
Feet     NFG     Bipolar Interlock     Crystallized Cliknar Eye (UF vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Primary     GOOD     Bark kof the Wilting Grove            
Secondary     GOOD     Nesalie's Spell Gem           * Ref. TYPE 7/8 AUG Note
Range     GOOD     Platinum Plated Worm Pinion Gear Model XV            * Ref. Note2
Charm     GOOD     Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model IX            

* Note1: Missing 15% Spec ALT aug Anomalous Rock of Alteration.  This will result in mana savings for every heal cast.  Mten (aka Netn/Nten) knows the raid well that drops this AUG, if you need any tips/help, I recommend talking to him.

* Note2:  You already have the highest AC AUG in your shield outside the Seasonal Event AUG options.  I'm just putting a note here that when/if you do pickup the seasonals, shuffle the augs to make your shield one the highest.

* TYPE 7/8 AUG Note: Giants 3x LL event to get the max your version: Platinum Plated Worm Pinion Gear Model XX.

* TYPE 3 AUG Note: Missing Dodge 8% aug Icy Prism of Avoidance.  This is important.

* TYPE 15 Emblem: Breastplate Emblem - Swap to Emblem of Dreams (your current emblem lacks hAGI).

Seasonal AUG Events

There are several seasonal events that result in extremely powerful AUG rewards.   Unfortunately, you missed them this year, so I'm just going to reference them here until they pop up again around April or so. 

Sacrifice as many kittens as you have to in order to get these when the events are live again:

Beveled Mithril Gear Set
Mana Laminated Gear Set

Gear Upgrade Suggestions

Raid Shield for AC contribute to softcap.

zuhymn

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2011, 02:42:06 AM »
Thanks Furro, i thought some of Aug were useless before and put in the bank  :)

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2011, 11:07:18 PM »
Gear  check..........all suggestions  welcome

My army;

Sertandeath;
Male Ogre Shaman - Cazic-Thule
Veteran Crew
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1996327

Ramelorm
Male Barbarian Beastlord - Cazic-Thule
Officer of <Ironknnights>
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1996329

Foaaniel
Male Drakkin Magician - Cazic-Thule
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1996328

Dahterrorizerr
Male Dark Elf Shadowknight - Cazic-Thule
Guild Leader of <Ironknnights>
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1996330

Current  goals:
Sk: replace; leg // head // charm // L.finger, with augs tht u suggested up top

Shaman: not to sure wht  he needs...any suggestion welcome

Mage: working  Raspers list http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/HoT/Augment_Summary.html

Bst: not sure.......any suggestion welcome

* big thanks  for letting  me raid with u guys and  all suggestion and  comments welcome /with GRAIN of  ROCK SALT..lol
The only hard day was yesterday

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2011, 10:21:27 PM »
Irtem
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1991822

Any help will help . im after Conv aug Jewel of the Self which is my last aug im after on ( Evilgamer aug list sheet). i have all of those from 38 and lower to 35AC  cept Conv

AUG Review

Several of your AUGs are missing the key tanking heroics: STR, AGI, DEX.  The critique below is focused on AUGs with these heroics in mind, in addition to AC.  Trading off AC for heroic gains is acceptable.  Play the long game with regards to heroics, and it'll pay off in your mitigation.

Recommended Reading: A Different Approach To Warrior Itemization By Quillium.  This will help you make smarter gear choices with the above three key heroics factored into the equation.

From a Raid Tank perspective, another good read at TSW is: Raid Tanking.

spacer                                                                                                                                                                                spacer                                              spacer                
Ear-L     GOOD     Golden Ore             
Neck     NFG     Crushed Bone Sliver    Incarnadine Gemstone     Missing Key Heroics
Face     GOOD     Iron Plated Timing Pendulum Model XXXVIII            
Head     NFG     Bloodfeather's Eye    Ksathrax's Amber     Missing Key Heroics
Ear-R     GOOD     Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour            
Finger-L     GOOD     Lifeweaver's Symbol           Missing Key Heroics
Wrist-L     GOOD     Polished Rockomancy Diamond            
Arms     NFG     Icy Heart    Stone of Insanity     Missing Key Heroics
Hands     NFG     White Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)    Black Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Wrist-R     GOOD     Curator's Treasure             

Finger-R     NFG     Slippery Slimerock     Crystallized Cliknar Eye (UF vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Shoulders     GOOD     Tarnished Stone             
Breastplate     NFG     Tantarene Gem of Heretical Power     Blood-Soaked Spellstone     Missing Key Heroics
Back     GOOD     Petrified Skull of the Unworthy            
Waist     GOOD     Mooto's Stone    Silver Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)     Move Mooto's* to Feet
                            (AC adds to kick DMG)
Legs     GOOD     Bleakburn Goo            
Feet     NFG     Shimmering Heart of the Phantasm     Mooto's Stone     Missing Key Heroics
Range     NFG     Treant Refuse     Gem of Unwavering Tenacity     Missing Key Heroics
Primary     NFG     Slime Coated Pebble of the Deep    Mkrarrg's Striking Stone     Proc Anger or Rune* AUG instead
                    (Boomerang vendor)      

Secondary     NFG     Ireblind Imp Heart    Nesalie's Spell Gem     Highest AC aug in shield, always.
Charm     GOOD     Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model IV            

* TYPE 3 AUGs:

Missing Dodge 8% aug Icy Prism of Avoidance.  This is important.

For a little extra Hate/DPS/Reduce Timers: Wheeling Blades, Knuckle Snap, Jeer

* TYPE 13/14 Purity: As you upgrade your visible set going forward, switch to Purity 25 AUGs only.  They're dirt cheap from a variety of vendors now across several expansions.

DoN Progression & MPG Trials

Note: You may have these done, but your magelo doesn't reflect it.  I can only go by the magelo you gave atm.

Get them done if not, extremely important.

DoN Progression

MPG Trials

Seasonal AUG Events

Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour

Beveled Mithril Gear Set
Mana Laminated Gear Set

Iron Plated Timing Pendulum Model XL

Hardened Steel Spur

Giants 3x LL AUG: Platinum Plated Worm Pinion Gear Model XX

Gear Upgrade Suggestions

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »

hope this works http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1294400

AUG Review

Most of your AUGs compliment the key tanking heroics already.  As you've stated, you're missing some of the seasonal event augs.  However, in the interim, the following upgrades below may suit your fancy.

spacer
Ear-L     GOOD     Signet of the Earthen Devotion             
Neck     GOOD     Mooto's Stone           Swap Neck/Feet (AC adds to kick DMG)
Face     NFG     Bipolar Interlock    Silver Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Head     GOOD     Platinum Plated Worm Pinion Gear Model XX            
Ear-R     NFG     Bayle's Heraldic Crest    Black Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Finger-L     GOOD     Polished Rockomancy Diamond            
Wrist-L     GOOD     Lifeweaver's Symbol            
Arms     GOOD     Incarnadine Gemstone            
Hands     GOOD     Curator's Treasure            
Wrist-R     GOOD     Stone of Insanity             
Finger-R     GOOD     Crystallized Cliknar Eye             
Shoulders     GOOD     Gem of Unwavering Tenacity             
Breastplate     GOOD     Blood-Soaked Spellstone             
Back     GOOD     Workmaster's Horn Fragment            
Waist     GOOD     Orb of Timeless Stone            
Legs     NFG     Slippery Slimerock    Ksathrax's Amber     Missing Key Heroics
Feet     GOOD     Petrified Skull of the Unworthy     Ref. Neck Swap      
Range     GOOD     Face of the Siren             
Primary     GOOD     Icepaw Defending Stone            
Secondary     GOOD     Nesalie's Spell Gem            
Charm     GOOD     Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model XII            

* TYPE 3 AUGs: For a little extra Hate/DPS/Reduce Timers: Knuckle Snap, Jeer

* TYPE 15 Emblem: Breastplate Emblem - Swap to Emblem of Rallying Dreams (your current emblem lacks 2 out of 3 key tank heroics).

Seasonal AUG Events

Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour

Beveled Mithril Gear Set
Mana Laminated Gear Set

Hardened Steel Spur

Gear Upgrade Suggestions

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 05:18:05 AM »
Stainn

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1977621

ok furro, please help me be the best i can be.

GEAR Review

You'll want to cover the basic focii, and replace pieces with interim vendor Dream Mote gear in Feerrott.  Upgrade those with group named specific drops abroad eventually, and sell back your Elusive for Dream Motes (remove aug before selling).

So, with that in mind, here's some direction:

RING-L: Both your rings have the same Focii (beneficial Range).  You only need one range focus.  Use the other ring slot for your Beneficial Mana Pres focii.  Quick upgrade would be: Replace Warden's Band, with Ring of the Elusive Eidolon from vendor in The Feerrott using Dream Motes as currency.

MASK: Replace with vendor Mask of the Elusive Eidolon.

SHOULDER: Replace with vendor Shoulder of the Elusive Eidolon

AUG Review

I approach Cleric itemization with a strong emphasis towards defense, but with some balance in mind as well (priority hAGI/STR/AC, with HP/M/Mods being 3rd/4th factors).  More often then not; as a result of being in the thick of things getting hit, we die more with MANA then running out.  We have the benefit of being a plate class, on the same mitigation table as Bards.

Since you're missing the seasonal event AUGS, I used other types that have AC, with balance HP/M and mods w/hWIS/STA that work fine.  When the seasonal events roll around again, I'd suggest picking them up if able.

Note: I realise my hWIS/STA comment contradicts the previous hAGI/etc statement.  The thing is, you can go to town hAGI/AC etc, and I can give you those options, but it's more involved with extensive camping.  The way I wrote this up is to try and give you the biggest bang with a reasonable timeframe.  Augs that are relatively easy to obtain as well.

Additionally, being you box, you'll have no issues with any of the options given below.

spacer                                                                                                                                                                                                            spacer                
Ear-L     MISSING!         Mooto's Stone      
Neck     MISSING!           Petrified Skull of the Unworthy      
Face     MISSING!           Crystallized Cliknar Eye (UF vendor)      
Head     NFG     Slippery Slimerock    (Keep for now)     Missing Key Heroics
Ear-R     SOSO     Eye of Rot           Mods make this work for now.
Finger-L     MISSING!           Incarnadine Gemstone (UF vendor)     Missing Key Heroics
Wrist-L     NFG     Essense of Fright    Polished Rockomancy Diamond     Missing Key Heroics
Arms     NFG     Hagorn's Gem of Fortification    Bloodfeather's Eye     Missing Key Heroics
                    (Upgrade to for now)      
Hands     MISSING!     Blood of the Fallen           Missing Key Heroics
Wrist-R     NFG     Patches' Gnarled Bone     Tantarene Gem of Heretical Power      
Finger-R     MISSING!            Black Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)      
Shoulders     MISSING!            Silver Dragon Scale (OMM vendor)      
Breastplate     NFG     Malleable Core of the Guardian     Stone of Insanity     Missing Key Heroics
Back     MISSING!           Anomalous Rock of Alteration     * Ref. Note1
Waist     NFG     Raze's Brainstem    Shimmering Heart of the Phantasm     Replace with Shim* for now.
Legs     MISSING!           Curator's Treasure      
Feet     MISSING!            Ksathrax's Amber      
Range     MISSING!            Gem of Unwavering Tenacity      
Primary     GOOD     Bark of the Wilting Grove            
Secondary     MISSING!           Nesalie's Spell Gem     Highest AC aug here, always.
Charm     MISSING!           Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model (Years)     * Ref. G3 Note

* Note1: Missing 15% Spec ALT aug Anomalous Rock of Alteration.  This will result in mana savings for every heal cast.  Mten (aka Netn/Nten) knows the raid well that drops this AUG, if you need any tips/help, I recommend talking to him.

* G3 Note: Giants 3x LL seasonal event to get the max your version: Platinum Plated Worm Pinion Gear Model XX.  Live currently, we'll hopefully get another run in before it's over.

* TYPE 3 AUGs:

Missing Dodge 8% aug Icy Prism of Avoidance.  This is important.

Dream Mote Vendor Type 3s to get:

Durus Faycite Shard: Earnest Elixir will add another tick to your HoT's.
Salus Faycite Shard: Word of Resurgence adds 362 HP.
Salus Faycite Shard: Thirteenth Salve adds 368 HP.

Note: These may seem like minor adds, but the extra HoT tick on HoT is nice, and mana free.  The HP additions to your direct heals are zero cost as well.

* TYPE 13/14 Purity: Fill in those empty Purity slots.  As you upgrade your current visible set going forward, switch to Purity 25 AUGs only.  They're dirt cheap from a variety of vendors now across several expansions.

* Powersource: Use Pure Energeian Metal Orb for AC gain.  Are you flagged to equip Pure type powersources?  If not, remind me, we do these unlocks now and then, one groupable as well (not referring to Solteris here, just the equip unlock/usage raids).

DoN Progression & MPG Trials

DoN Progression - Get this done, it's important.  Tier 2 will net you 1-2k+ HP/Mana alone.

MPG Trials - You're missing some of these I believe.  Get them done also.  Easy to do, and you have the box setup (they take like 15 mins, do one a day imo because lockouts).

Seasonal AUG Events

Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour

Beveled Mithril Gear Set
Mana Laminated Gear Set

Hardened Steel Spur

AA Suggestions

You have many of the staple AA already, which is great.  This is a quick list of other AA you may wish to consider finishing/obtaining.

Higher number of *'s indicate priority.

General Tab:
*** General Sturdiness - ALL ranks for HP gain

Arch Tab:
*** Shield Block - Chance to mitigate hits is always good (because it's hard to heal when you're dead).

* Hastened Curing
* Quickened Radiant Cure
* Silent Casting - Good on raid scripts, just before a critical add spawn stage.
* Forceful Rejuvenation - Handy for repopping DI in a jam.

Hastened Forceful Rejuvenation
Hastened Silent Casting
Quickened Silent Casting

Class Tab:
*** Powerful Elixirs
*** Hastened Blessing of Resurrection
*** Quickened Blessing of Resurrection
*** Improved Burst of Life

Ward of Purity

Gear Upgrade Suggestions

Raid Shield for AC contribute to softcap (mitigate hits better).

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:26:22 PM by Furro »

Poddo

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 10:26:25 PM »

Ramelorm

* big thanks  for letting  me raid with u guys and  all suggestion and  comments welcome /with GRAIN of  ROCK SALT..lol

I went to this link and you did not have any gear listed?   I would love to help you out making your beast as awesome as it can be.

Furro

• Global Moderator
  • Pies Anonymous
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 11:10:04 PM »

Janiblis 90 Magician Female Dark Elf

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/115097

In T4 Group gear and Dreamote gear for other slots mostly,

Looking for Better Pet Focus and a Circle of Mana clickie

For my play style the Pet and Mana/Mana Regen are everything.

GEAR Review

You appear to have well rounded T4 HoT Group gear in the majority of your slots.

I recommend replacing your 2H Primary in favour of 1H/type and Shield.  You'll benefit more from the combo in terms of DPS/Mana savings.  In addition, the shield AC will contribute to your softcap, which translates into increased mitigation when you do get hit.  As always, put your highest AUG in your shield.  Opt for raid shields over group, as they have superior AC, and stats depending on the tier of content (ref. list provided below).

Note: I'm listing group options first, as they'll be quick/easy upgrades as interim pieces until you can pickup superior raid drops.

GROUP UPGRADES:

PRIMARY SLOT: Plaguescale Rod

SECONDARY SLOT: Amaranthine Shield

CHARM: Tackle of Nesseun's Last Meal

RAID UPGRADES:

Raid EM Focii item.  You know this already, but just listing for completeness here.  I'm sure you have some EM's already in mind, so I'm not going to list any.

RANGE SLOT: For Improved Dodge 7 upgrade (you currently have ID5).  Even as a Mage this helps.

SECONDARY SLOT:
(Shields)

Buckler of Pleasant Dreams from Tick Tock (HoT)
Blackscale Buckler from Masked Invaders (UF)
Adorned Shield of Potency from Trial of Creation (UF)

Shields to AVOID please:

Shields listed below to AVOID if able, as they're TANK oriented.  Even though we have no ruleset for this type of approach, it sure helps the team if casters can avoid opting in for tank oriented shields when superior caster shields are available within reach.  I'm going to list two shields that fit this criteria within in our current tier of content:

Spore Encrusted Shield from Fungal Corruption (UF)
Fippy's Conquering Shield from Fippy Darkpaw (UF)

Note: Here's a quick COMPARE of ALL 5 Shields I just listed above.

PS: The approach I use for tank shields and bidding is, if it works for me, I wait and see who bids.  If it's a tank, I don't bid and/or opt out.  If no tanks bid, then it's fair game imo.  Most shields are clearly oriented towards Casters or Tanks for example.  It's all a matter of looking closely and not making a decision in haste.

AUG Review

As a Mage, you're all about DPS.  This critique focuses on the following as priority for AUGs:

Spell DMG
Mana, Heroic INT
HP, Heroic STA

You're currently missing various seasonal event AUGs.  I've provided a list further below for when those events return live, you may wish to kill a few kittens to get at them.

spacer                                spacer                
Ear-L     GOOD     Annealed Mana Conductor             
Neck     GOOD     Mana Laminated Gear Set            
Face     GOOD     Shimmering Heart of the Phantasm            
Head     GOOD     Blood-Soaked Spellstone            
Ear-R     GOOD     Malleable Core of the Guardian            
Finger-L     GOOD     Glowing Lena Fete Rune            
Wrist-L     GOOD     Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour            
Arms     NFG     Rallosian Casterix    Tantarene Gem of Heretical Power     Missing Key Stats
Hands     GOOD     Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour            
Wrist-R     NFG     Sliver of Korascian     Crystalline Tear     Missing Key Stats
Finger-R     GOOD     Gold Plated Contact Spring Model XXXIV             
Shoulders     GOOD     Iron Plated Timing Pendulum Model XXXVIII             
Breastplate     SOSO     Gem of the Thaumatox Shard     Dark Soul Crystal     Missing Key Stats
Back     SOSO     Essence of Fright    Stone of the Sovereign     Missing Key Stats
Waist     SOSO     Bonegrinder's Bauble    Obsidianite Spar     Missing Key Stats
Legs     SOSO     Blood of the Fallen    Worldslayer Blessed Crystal     Missing Key Stats
Feet     SOSO     Handful of the Patch Guardian's Straw     Mindshear Tooth     Missing Key Stats
Range     SOSO     Treant Refuse     Eye of Rot     Missing Key Stats
Primary     SOSO     Sap of Rejuvenation           * Ref. Sympathetic AUGs
       GOOD     Eye of Rot           MOVE Eye* to Range slot
Secondary     MISSING!           Nesalie's Spell Gem     * Use a Shield instead.
                         (Ref. Note1 also)
Charm     GOOD     Gold Plated Spiked Gear Model VIII            

* Note1: Highest AC AUG in your shield, always.

* Sympathetic AUGs:

Currently, you're using Sap of Rejuvenation.  This is a defense oriented proc aug imo, because it's healing you.  You may wish to consider DPS/Mana Return AUG, as you are a DPS class.  Suggestions:

Acorn of Spite - DPS
Bark of the Wilting Grove - Mana Returns, which translates indirectly to DPS as you can nuke more.

RAID Type 4/8 RANGE Slot option: Bragnar's Sympathetic Stone

Sympathetic Proc augs can fire from RANGE also.   However, the aug selection of this type that fits into Range is limited.  The best I could come up with is Bragnar's, via UF vendor, with Silver Tokens as currency.  Either way, this is another DPS option, longer term when you pickup a raid range.  All the little DPS edges add up.

* TYPE 8 RAID AUGs Note:

Missing Spec. Conjuration 15% AUG Stone Guardian's Conjuration Shard.  From LDON.

Missing Spec. Evocation 15% AUG Tweyne's Stone of Evocation.  From LDON.

* Be Aware:  You currently have NO Type 8 raid slot gear yet.  However, in the future if/when you pickup pieces, the above augs will translate into mana savings on casts.

* TYPE 3 AUG Note: Missing Dodge 8% aug Icy Prism of Avoidance.

* TYPE 13/14 Purity: As you upgrade your visible set going forward, switch to Purity 25 AUGs only.  They're dirt cheap from a variety of vendors now across several expansions.

* Powersource: Use Pure Energeian Ethereal Orb for Mana gain.

Seasonal AUG Events

Flame of Vox

Gem of the Eleventh Scholar

Beveled Mithril Gear Set

Platinum Plated Worm Pinion Gear Model XX Giants 3x.  Hopefully we'll get in another run before this goes away this year.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:23:31 PM by Furro »

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 08:29:02 AM »

Ramelorm

I went to this link and you did not have any gear listed?   I would love to help you out making your beast as awesome as it can be.

Try now.... :)i had  to manually put  in gear + augs and  all my AA's................ >:(

Poddo

• Slacker
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 12:36:08 AM »

Ramelorm

Try now.... :)i had  to manually put  in gear + augs and  all my AA's................ >:(
OK after looking at your gear, aa and  augs   here  is what I  suggest. 

AUGS
  First  move your highest   AC  aug to your feet slot.    AC affects  kick damage therefore  boosting  DPS.   I am  a DPS oriented guy so all suggestions will stem from such.      Below I have compiled a list of  augs  listed with the highest to lowest  (  I stopped at  +5 for most)  heroics that you should get and replace any aug that does not fall into that  category.      Now while I do not have all  Hstr augs  I try to balance some between  Heroic  Dex   and  Heroic AGI.   Dex will help you proc more   and  AGI  helps you in the defense.  I prefer a mix of the highest of all three categories but you  should decide what suits you best.

Herioc STR

Lifeweaver's Symbol Aug: 7 8
Stone of Insanity Aug: 7 8
Handful of the Patch Guardian's Straw Aug: 7 8
Tainted Chip of Hardened Clay Aug: 7 8
The Eye of the Serpent Aug: 7 8
Scale of the Dark Serpent Aug: 7 8
Orb of Timeless Stone Aug: 7 8
Blazing Protective Scales Aug: 7 8:
Mold-covered Stone Aug: 7 8
Ionized Pinion Aug: 7 8
Gem of the Eleventh Duelist Aug: 7 8
Beveled Mithril Gear Set Aug: 7 8
Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour Aug: 7 8
Red Dragon Scale Aug: 7 8
Empowered Boneshards Aug: 7 8
Rock Guardian Shard Aug: 7 8
Mana Laminated Gear set Aug: 7 8
Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour Aug: 7 8
Glowing Lena Fete Rune Aug: 7 8

Heroic Dex
Blood-Soaked Spellstone Aug: 7 8
Essence of Fright Aug: 7 8
Facet of the Siren Aug: 7 8
Workmaster's Horn Fragment Aug: 7 8
Tarnished Stone Aug: 7 8

Heroic AGI

Nesalie's Spell Gem Aug: 7 8
Prismatic Permafrost Crystal Aug: 7 8
Mooto's Stone Aug: 7 8
Petrified Skull of the Unworthy Aug: 7 8
Incarnadine Gemstone Aug: 7 8
Polished Rockomancy Diamond Aug: 7 8
Gem of Unwavering Tenacity Aug: 7 8

Anniversary or special event augs  you can think about getting

These do not have the best heriocs but they are pretty damn good  and cover  hstr hdex and hagi

Gear

Dream Destroyer's Hand   
  Get this as it has a better ratio than the 1hb you are using and put this aug in it Slime Coated Pebble of the Deep

Lucid Chest so you can put the  Emblem of Rallying Dreams in to it
Any Raid ARMS OR LEGS  Slot the Foci on these are really really good  and better than any group hot gear.   Also  RAID gear  even  lower hp/mana wise   has  a lot better heroics than anything  group gear can give.

AA
For DPS  you are missing some awesome gains really
 Feral SWIPE           Finish this off as it gives us a free really good  attack

Weapon Affinity          Procs off our weapons does soo much  dps and our Gelid Rendering  AA will proc more often

Veteran Wrath           Weapon  CRITS  BETTER
Fury of Magic               SPELL CRITS  BETTER
Destructive FURY          SPELL CRITS  BETTER
Burst of Power            Triple attack   I would put this lower than the ones above
Hasten Feral attacks      More  Faster  Bite of the ASP  ( AA dot/deagro)

Spell casting subtlety    for the agro you will be getting  from dds

After these I would then work on the pet  aa   Flurry first  then pet crits.    
I have noticed you focused on  getting more defensive aa’s first and that is fine if that is the  play style you want  but the aa above would definitely help you  move up on  the parse and therefore be more productive raider.   

Spells
 For dps I  usually only use those dd’s that  I can chain cast.  I have dots  loaded but rarely use them.   I use swarm pet  only in the initial agro  and  tend to not use it again.   DDs are faster casts and therefore better dps gains on a raid  since I can swing more and hit more.   I throw in DOTS when  all my dds are down. 

Dimbly

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 08:42:59 AM »
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:45:49 PM by Dimbly »

Ramelorm

• Pie Hoarder
  • freelance raider
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2011, 03:11:31 PM »

Ramelorm

OK after looking at your gear, aa and  augs   here  is what I  suggest. 

AUGS
  First  move your highest   AC  aug to your feet slot.    AC affects  kick damage therefore  boosting  DPS.   I am  a DPS oriented guy so all suggestions will stem from such.      Below I have compiled a list of  augs  listed with the highest to lowest  (  I stopped at  +5 for most)  heroics that you should get and replace any aug that does not fall into that  category.      Now while I do not have all  Hstr augs  I try to balance some between  Heroic  Dex   and  Heroic AGI.   Dex will help you proc more   and  AGI  helps you in the defense.  I prefer a mix of the highest of all three categories but you  should decide what suits you best.

Herioc STR

Lifeweaver's Symbol Aug: 7 8
Stone of Insanity Aug: 7 8
Handful of the Patch Guardian's Straw Aug: 7 8
Tainted Chip of Hardened Clay Aug: 7 8
The Eye of the Serpent Aug: 7 8
Scale of the Dark Serpent Aug: 7 8
Orb of Timeless Stone Aug: 7 8
Blazing Protective Scales Aug: 7 8:
Mold-covered Stone Aug: 7 8
Red Dragon Scale Aug: 7 8
Empowered Boneshards Aug: 7 8
Rock Guardian Shard Aug: 7 8
Glowing Lena Fete Rune Aug: 7 8

Heroic Dex
Blood-Soaked Spellstone Aug: 7 8
Essence of Fright Aug: 7 8
Facet of the Siren Aug: 7 8
Workmaster's Horn Fragment Aug: 7 8
Tarnished Stone Aug: 7 8

Heroic AGI

Nesalie's Spell Gem Aug: 7 8
Prismatic Permafrost Crystal Aug: 7 8
Mooto's Stone Aug: 7 8
Petrified Skull of the Unworthy Aug: 7 8
Incarnadine Gemstone Aug: 7 8
Polished Rockomancy Diamond Aug: 7 8
Gem of Unwavering Tenacity Aug: 7 8

Anniversary or special event augs  you can think about getting

These do not have the best heriocs but they are pretty damn good  and cover  hstr hdex and hagi

Gear

Dream Destroyer's Hand   
  Get this as it has a better ratio than the 1hb you are using and put this aug in it Slime Coated Pebble of the Deep

Lucid Chest so you can put the  Emblem of Rallying Dreams in to it
Any Raid ARMS OR LEGS  Slot the Foci on these are really really good  and better than any group hot gear.   Also  RAID gear  even  lower hp/mana wise   has  a lot better heroics than anything  group gear can give.

AA
For DPS  you are missing some awesome gains really
 Feral SWIPE           Finish this off as it gives us a free really good  attack

Weapon Affinity          Procs off our weapons does soo much  dps and our Gelid Rendering  AA will proc more often

Veteran Wrath           Weapon  CRITS  BETTER
Fury of Magic               SPELL CRITS  BETTER
Destructive FURY          SPELL CRITS  BETTER
Burst of Power            Triple attack   I would put this lower than the ones above
Hasten Feral attacks      More  Faster  Bite of the ASP  ( AA dot/deagro)

Spell casting subtlety    for the agro you will be getting  from dds

After these I would then work on the pet  aa   Flurry first  then pet crits.    
I have noticed you focused on  getting more defensive aa’s first and that is fine if that is the  play style you want  but the aa above would definitely help you  move up on  the parse and therefore be more productive raider.   

Spells
 For dps I  usually only use those dd’s that  I can chain cast.  I have dots  loaded but rarely use them.   I use swarm pet  only in the initial agro  and  tend to not use it again.   DDs are faster casts and therefore better dps gains on a raid  since I can swing more and hit more.   I throw in DOTS when  all my dds are down. 

Paddo,

can u use  the same  format  as furro has  done  in all his post of what is  good and what i need  to replace using  your list u have provided